• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Game should have a stasis mechanic / hero

Put a friendly in stasis so he cant be hurt. Put a enemy in stasis to take them out of the fight.

While in stasis you cant do anything nor do you take damage. Lasts like, I dunno 2 seconds like the zarya shield?

Sou Da

Put a friendly in stasis so he cant be hurt. Put a enemy in stasis to take them out of the fight.

While in stasis you cant do anything nor do you take damage. Lasts like, I dunno 2 seconds like the zarya shield?
Oh god no. Ignoring the enormus griefing potential and the asinine idea of more of Mei's mechanics being put on anything, why would this exist if Zarya does?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

You want to make a character more hated than mei?

Those two motherfucking cunts went AFK and one of them left mid-match in Hanamura. And you expect level 70+ players to know shit. I just left that toxic team of two reapers, one pharah fuck your tank/support.

Ugh I am just one level away from unlocking competitive. This is driving me insane.

You want to make a character more hated than mei?

I still hate Mei even though I learned how to deal with her gimmicks. She is just an annoying character that pisses you off on the other team, or a liability on your own team (she is good at stacking ults though).

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Those two motherfucking cunts went AFK and one of them left mid-match in Hanamura. And you expect level 70+ players to know shit. I just left that toxic team of two reapers, one pharah fuck your tank/support.

Ugh I am just one level away from unlocking competitive. This is driving me insane.

If you're having this little fun at level 24.... you're not gonna have fun, period, man.

patchday

you're a meanie!

If you're having this little fun at level 24.... you're not gonna have fun, period, man.

Nah I am okay. I don't get mad at all in groups.

BTW just joined a game of a losing team. Probably the fourth time today (I know it doesn't count).

Edit: Why am I getting Hanamura, Temple of anubis and Volskaya consecutively? LOL

Antiwhippy

I still hate Mei even though I learned how to deal with her gimmicks. She is just an annoying character that pisses you off on the other team, or a liability on your own team (she is good at stacking ults though).

When she works she works though.

The whole opposing do a mad dash in the final few seconds to secure the payload.

Dong zhu! Bu xing zhou!

Team kill.

I shed a tear of joy.

Grisby

That feel when you have to switch from support to offense and back again because you're entire team is just Widowmakers and Genji's and aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh--

I gotta take a break. Yep.

Overwatch needs a "stop being so scared and GET NEAR THE PAYLOAD" voice emote.

Or maybe they need to do a force tutorial on staying near the payload when time is running out. Cause it's obvious 80% of players still don't understand this.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sorry I forgot you have to work around the idea that people are assholes, what was I thinking :(

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Overwatch needs a "stop being so scared and GET NEAR THE PAYLOAD" voice emote.

Or maybe they need to do a force tutorial on staying near the payload when time is running out. Cause it's obvious 80% of players still don't understand this.
Worst is when teammates don't contest the payload on defense and let them pass multiple checkpoints.

Fugu

Is this your first time playing ranked in an online competitive team game?
I played Quake 3 competitively for many years, but it's a different ball game for sure. Quake's community is very... hostile, to say the least, but at least most of them know how to play the game.

Just took part in a random Defense match on Hanamura with 4 Torbjorns, 1 Mercy, and a Symmetra (me). Enemy barely even touched the first point, and I felt so dirty. I can definitely agree that Torbjorn stacking is a problem. Keep thinking that maybe one of Blizzard's next characters will be one with skills specifically geared towards dealing with turrets. Wouldn't be surprised.

Antiwhippy

Just took part in a random Defense match on Hanamura with 4 Torbjorns, 1 Mercy, and a Symmetra (me). Enemy barely even touched the first point, and I felt so dirty. I can definitely agree that Torbjorn stacking is a problem. Keep thinking that maybe one of Blizzard's next characters will be one with skills specifically geared towards dealing with turrets. Wouldn't be surprised.

Like half the characters on the roster?

I almost feel sorry for the poor dwarf when I play as DVA, until he molten cores me in my face. But other wise if your team is halfway co-ordinated he's very rarely the main problem.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Got my first POTG as Lucio. :D

Also got my first one as Junkrat. Probably should have had a second one as Junkrat but they chose some lame Hanzo one.

Rhaknar

actually many MOBA have a hero like that. It's not as bad as one might think. But it can be annoying.

I know, its why I suggested it :).

It could be the ult like the HotS monk

Warewolf

I wouldn't bother, Competitive has been a bit of a shit show unless you have a premade team. People in PTR acting like any of the points matter makes for some very grumpy chaps.

I was hoping Competitive might inspire MORE team-centric play but I think for the most part solo peeps are so hung up on their rank they actually play even more isolated, I played my 10 placement rounds and had exactly one match that went to 4 games on Anubis that felt like we were actually all in it together.
Out of the other 9 I had 3 matches where players left, one disconnect, one complete stomp and 3 matches where our team just went haywire and we let the other team tear us apart.

After placement I came out of it at 43, promptly played two games were we had our asses summarily handed to us then on our third (which I thought was going quite well) I rolled as a second Junkrat on round three because we already had tank, support and good dps and the last two rounds showed that we were up against a particularly stalwart defense.
The result was our Soldier 76 and the other Junkrat trying to rag me out in the chat for, I don't know, bringing down the team I guess? I pulled a couple of golds for damage and objective eliminations but that was clearly immaterial.

I sincerely thought about trying to stick it out but hell, it's PTR right? I jumped ship and uninstalled the test.

None of that is what I enjoy about Overwatch.

Pein

Banned
I know this is gonna be a tired question but is the game worth it if I have nobody to play with? I want a multiplayer shooter so bad and the last one I got into was Titan fall so I'm really due for a new one lol.

I know this is gonna be a tired question but is the game worth it if I have nobody to play with? I want a multiplayer shooter so bad and the last one I got into was Titan fall so I'm really due for a new one lol.

Honestly?

Not really. Overwatch with a team compared to Overwatch with pubs is such a dramatically improved experience I couldn't really recommend the latter.

But that's what GAF is for, lol.

Warewolf

I think I've grouped three or four times total out of about fifty hours and I have a TON of fun in Quickplay on my own.

You'll have some frustrating times with it but that stuff passes. I say go for it.

I wouldn't bother, Competitive has been a bit of a shit show unless you have a premade team. People in PTR acting like any of the points matter makes for some very grumpy chaps.

I was hoping Competitive might inspire MORE team-centric play but I think for the most part solo peeps are so hung up on their rank they actually play even more isolated, I played my 10 placement rounds and had exactly one match that went to 4 games on Anubis that felt like we were actually all in it together.
Out of the other 9 I had 3 matches where players left, one disconnect, one complete stomp and 3 matches where our team just went haywire and we let the other team tear us apart.

After placement I came out of it at 43, promptly played two games were we had our asses summarily handed to us then on our third (which I thought was going quite well) I rolled as a second Junkrat on round three because we already had tank, support and good dps and the last two rounds showed that we were up against a particularly stalwart defense.
The result was our Soldier 76 and the other Junkrat trying to rag me out in the chat for, I don't know, bringing down the team I guess? I pulled a couple of golds for damage and objective eliminations but that was clearly immaterial.

I sincerely thought about trying to stick it out but hell, it's PTR right? I jumped ship and uninstalled the test.

None of that is what I enjoy about Overwatch.

Ugh tough to read that. I might be taking it too hard on the Overwatch playerbase; not everyone has team-based games experience. I mean, map awareness and playing objectives doesn't develop overnight; some people get stuck with simple approaches to the game even after leveling up significantly.

I will try to get into a group and add as much people as possible. I will make solo que target practice and NEVER switch to support/tank just to win.

It's getting a bit disheartening playing Support in garbage tier solo queues. Waste of my time.

Lucio and Reinhardt are my two most played heroes for obvious reasons. I am starting to like Reinhardt though; he can be played very aggressively and take out some annoying offense characters easily. I can't imagine playing with Mercy a lot though. She doesn't only lack offense tools (her gun is decent), but playing her without sticking to a good Reinhardt/Pharah is disastrous; you will keep on getting picked off without anyone protecting you.

Reinhardt is the most defensive tank, but I'd take his offensive ability over Roadhog any day; he is not strictly a 200hp character crusher like Roadhog. I like Winston too, but Reinhardt has more potential for better team compositions imo (one of my favorites and starting to be a very viable tank in high level play).

P.S if you want to add me on PC EU servers: CybernatonEvolution#2825

You can Mercy and stick to me when I use Pharah or Reinhardt. I can do Lucio+Mercy too if you would like.

Havok1313

I've never really played shooters before and I'm having tons of fun with it just with quick play. Maybe i'll have to start looking for people to group with eventually but right now it doesn't bother me much.

Clawww

oh definitely

finally putting an end to an annoying ass tracer is good no matter what

even when I play her I feel like a dick lol

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
My best game yet with Torby:
Z2DnwEwl.jpg

Then we swapped from Defend to Attack, said fuck it let's keep Torby in play:
gnGEq7pl.jpg

This the fastest Volskaya I have ever completed...
oKMWh6ql.jpg

Defend got #REKT from Sneak Attack D.Va

Hitting Tracer with Hanzo's arrows in close range is the most satisfying thing ever, lol.

So does bashing her bum and send her flying with a well-timed hammering. We had this match where I was Rein and this very good Tracer kept zipping in and out without too much trouble, she kept harassing me with almost no back up from my teammates so I dropped my shield and bashed her to high heaven.

Had to go back to using my mouse Wirelessly which I haven't done now for at least 3-4 years so I'm glad it still works.

Now, the DPI seemed off when wireless.

Those of you that main Widow, what DPI do you do?

I went from 3000 (default) to 2400 and that helped, a lot. Going to try 2200 tomorrow.

Had to go back to using my mouse Wirelessly which I haven't done now for at least 3-4 years so I'm glad it still works.

Now, the DPI seemed off when wireless.

Those of you that main Widow, what DPI do you do?

I went from 3000 (default) to 2400 and that helped, a lot. Going to try 2200 tomorrow.

That's really freaking high to try to snipe with. My DPI is usually between 800-1200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom