• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apathy

Hey I stall the payload while 4 of my teamamates are dead, they res, i die, the payload moves to the point, not a single one of the 4 that ressed bothered to get off the stairson numbani. nope, all 4 decided they were going to stop at the top of the stairs and shoot at a rein shield as him and his team just sat on the payload uncontested.

I sat there in disbelief. I try hard to keep the team in the game, and they go and just can't do simple game mechanics. It's beyond me.

Ketch

things that are actually not good in this game:

flashbang
being frozen
earth shatter

game would be better without these abilities, I'd even be happier if they just killed you instantly.

since the mecree nerf I could almost take flashbang off the list, but it's still on their by principle. Getting stunned in an FPS is not fun.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I've got some news for you, buddy.
zfLv9Mj.gif

Gibraltar is one of the best maps in the game.
ew, ew, ew

stop

mbpm1

Two Symmetra
Roadhog
Torb
McCree
Junkrat/Bastion

It shouldn't have worked but somehow it did lol

Symmetras just set up all their turrets at the entrance of King's Row and teleporters galore and then ran around with primary and alt fire

Anybody who passed entrance got vaporized

Roadhog just pulled people into the turrets and did his roadhog thing

Torb set up a turret at the health point while I set up as Bastion to cover the backside

McCree flanked around to stop the roaming reaper and get anyone who got past our entrance

it should not have worked

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Had one of those "dominate the enemy team the the start of route 66 until 50 seconds left and then all of a sudden they turn it around and just steamroll us and win" matches today.

Its like you're playing little kids and at the last second their big brothers (or sisters, lets not be sexist) take over >_>

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
things that are actually not good in this game:

flashbang
being frozen
earth shatter

game would be better without these abilities, I'd even be happier if they just killed you instantly.

since the mecree nerf I could almost take flashbang off the list, but it's still on their by principle. Getting stunned in an FPS is not fun.

Man, you list all of that but leave out stuff like steel trap?

I dunno, I like that this game has stuns.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Apparently there was a (false) rumour that battlenet had been compromised floating around, surprised there was no thread for it.

Good thing there wasnt tho

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Holy fucking shit, these are some samples from my last several games:

Here's a group of Hanzos, that are not lobbied together, and not trying to be silly/ironic:

27255516064_9ff335e500_b.jpg

Here are my two Widows from last night:
27255515914_38c871e6c9_b.jpg

... and the typical participation of a Widow when a game gets into overtime (which means we should be trying to stay on the CP as much as possible:

27255516004_50bc52c991_b.jpg

... but hey, I got a 22 kill streak with D.Va:

27589757930_ff045c2579_b.jpg

Stuns happen to promote team play. I don't mind them. They're also not that bad and avoidable, plus they have counterplay like zarya barrier prevents freezing. If flashbang had a lot of range, it would be total cancer though. And even reinhardt's requires generally line of sight and somewhat even ground, and is an ultimate so it's not being used every 8 seconds. Mei requires fairly close range and relatively a lot of time to freeze compared to the other two, and if someone comes during that time mei is fairly weak in 1v2 situations.

peakish

LG seems to overextend a lot, but does well when playing more conservatively. Won't stay up for the next games.

Apparently there was a (false) rumour that battlenet had been compromised floating around, surprised there was no thread for it.

There was one, it got locked :)

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Had one of those "dominate the enemy team the the start of route 66 until 50 seconds left and then all of a sudden they turn it around and just steamroll us and win" matches today.

Its like you're playing little kids and at the last second their big brothers (or sisters, lets not be sexist) take over >_>
Did I just play with you? I was Lucio if so.

KJ869

I can't play Reinhardt, someone teach me the ways!
Be predictable with your shield use for team, dont let it break so get out and recharge full, its fast after it gets charging. When somebody runs in to harass, nail them with the charge. Now you are mindle of enemies so smash, it makes most teams scatter. Use the ranged attack on camping snipers and turrets, you can pop it fast from shield. Make sure to be aware of youre surroundings and always play the objective, dont go hunt.

Gryph

These casters are so mean to poor Luminosity...

Feels like making fun of the fat kid.

All these comments are essentially: "Team A is struggling with _______ and they're going up against Luminosity, but Luminosity is really only here by chance, and are one step away from embarrassing themselves, so this should be an easy match. Luminosity could be better, if they tried, but we don't see them trying."

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
That's it. If we have two snipers and I politely ask you to switch, and you don't, I'm no longer choosing support and I'm gonna practice sniping, too. This is absurd.

is that why there's a influx of bad hanzo players :chuckles:

lol let me stop. don't spectate me while i play as one or any heroes.

Speely

Banned
I have been having really bad luck with pubs, y'all. I thought that the game being out for a while would improve players' consideration for the goddamn objective, but no. Twice last night I switched to D.Va solely because the point was being taken over and I knew I could contest it ALONE for a few more seconds to maybe 10 more on a good play with her.

I am not a remarkable player, but I at least play TO the objective. Seeing tiny green allies in the distance but no allies nearby while the capture gauge is filling on our objective and I am just getting gibbed over and over alone kinda sucks.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Lol this game can tilt you hard without you realizing.

I went on a 5 loss streak tonight and gave up saying "god I just can't win"

A little bit later I got curious about some random stat so I checked watcher.gg and I noticed that I went 20-8 tonight...which means at one point I was 20-3.

I feel very silly right now...

Apathy

That's it. If we have two snipers and I politely ask you to switch, and you don't, I'm no longer choosing support and I'm gonna practice sniping, too. This is absurd.

I sort of gave up on randoms, pretty much destroyed my faith in humanity having any semblance of intelligence. That's why I play what I want and say fuck them, we win or we lose but I'd rather not heal idiots

Xeteh

They should just rename Quick Play to "you might as well just pick a healer" because no one else will.

I love this game but at this rate I'm probably not going to be playing it much longer.

Matchmaking being dogshit tier tonight has made me stop playing.

First game: join on defeat screen
Second game: put on a team of levels 5-17 against a team lf 50-90's
Third game: Join with 9 minutes left on Gebralter and they are almost at the finish and the whole enemy team is Soldier 76
Fourth game: join on Ilios mid game that is 2 Roadhog, 4 Tracer

Alt+F4 that's enough Overwatch for tonight.

Xeteh

Just pick Pharah, Roadhog, or practice Lucio wallriding.

I play plenty of Roadhog, he's my second most played hero but fuck me if I pick something that isn't a tank/support because my team will fill up without a healer. I don't care what stupid comps we come up with but someone play a tank and a healer. I get tired of playing one of the two each game.

Apathy

I play plenty of Roadhog, he's my second most played hero but fuck me if I pick something that isn't a tank/support because my team will fill up without a healer. I don't care what stupid comps we come up with but someone play a tank and a healer. I get tired of playing one of the two each game.

just dont, go into a match and don't pick one, even if it goes bad, don't switch halfway through. It's not worth your sanity if you don't want to play those classes. Someone else will change.

Speely

Banned
Hey coders. How hard and/or problematic would it be for Blizzard to introduce a feature where you picked a Hero before you searched for a game so that it sorted you into a game based upon what was needed?

Logistics aside, would that just be too meta-directed in that players would just pick whatever Hero was most-wanted according to X Overwatch site and then change once in the game?

What are some improvements you could see being made realistically in regard to Quick Play?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You could mandate at least one of each class, but I feel like that might be too stifling.

I feel like I live in fantasy overwatch land though where there's almost always 1 support and everybody wants to be a tank.

Hell, some of the time people even still pick lucio or mercy when I go sym/zen.

I'm pissed at this game because it keeps kicking me from games after 10 seconds of me deliberating what is the best pick to make in an ongoing game, that's way too little.

vypek

Hey coders. How hard and/or problematic would it be for Blizzard to introduce a feature where you picked a Hero before you searched for a game so that it sorted you into a game based upon what was needed?

Logistics aside, would that just be too meta-directed in that players would just pick whatever Hero was most-wanted according to X Overwatch site and then change once in the game?

What are some improvements you could see being made realistically in regard to Quick Play?

Blizzard could definitely pull something like that off but the logic for planning out "what is needed" might not be what people expect or work perfectly. And matchmaking would more than likely take longer when it is trying to backfill that pre-picked character into an appropriate match. It wouldn't be worth the effort it would take to do that since the effect would more than likely be pretty useless.

Quick play system itself seems fine to me. Instant action as fast as you can based on an open slot and preferably a match that hasn't started. In game stuff is what needs to be tweaked to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom