• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pharah pushed me off to the hole in Nepal when I was playing as Lucio, but I managed to walk-run up and attack the objective attack. Then that Pharah player calls me a cheater on the main chat. I actually started pushing their team off first with Lucio's right click lol.

Also, I almost teared up today during a match when I was protecting something with Reinhardt. Someone on the other team switched to Pharah and started flanking us immediately. I tell my team that we need Soldier-76 to counter her and someone actually switched AND shot her down.

Dragner

It can be worse. I first picked heal once and then everyone else goes mccree and reaper. Then I change to tank and noone change to healer. Then I change to tracer for the lols and no one cared. Then I leave.

jeemer

is there a potential to be penalised for leaving the match in the "prepare your team" pre-match 30 seconds buildup? a couple of times last night i was on defence with a team composition of 5 offense characters and just peaced out. didn't see any sort of notification that i was being penalized but i'd rather not miss out on xp or be banned from comp.

i get that i didn't help the situation and i'm solo queuing which doesn't help (did fire out some invites to uk gaffers last night - i'm ptb#21660 - get at me!) but as much as i'm up for taking tank/support some games i know i'm not about to take responsibility for a whole team of offense characters on my own!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Got my first 95% on fire card today.
invoker-gdlk.gif
I had a 96% last night as Lucio... even the enemy team was shocked.

It was Route 66 on Attack and my pub team underperformed severely. we lost (◡︿◡✿)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I feel like it'll be easier for lucio to be mvp in an underperforming pub team just because you'll be healing all the time. :p

I had a 96% last night as Lucio... even the enemy team was shocked.

It was Route 66 on Attack and my pub team underperformed severely.

According to masteroverwatch.com, I have played Lucio for 10 hours, and have been on fire for 3 of those hours. Must be all that time spent skating around the payload by myself.

Ullus

Increased my sensitivity and can't hit worth shit now. Time for bots.

Also medium AI is surprisingly relaxing late nights.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I had Gold for Objective Time and Objective Kills as well.

I know that feel as a lucio.

According to masteroverwatch.com, I have played Lucio for 10 hours, and have been on fire for 3 of those hours. Must be all that time spent skating around the payload by myself.

I have 9 hours of play with 4 hours being on fire.

Most of them definitely from skating around the objective

Currently on a streak of 3 straight POTGs for doing... nothing that amazing.

I had a great POTG the other day on D.VA...

A Pharah pops her ult and because I'm out of my Mech, she doesn't see me in the corner and I take her out with my pistol.

One kill, POTG...

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Looks like I'm at 6 hours/3 on fire.

But yeah, especially in koth he'll be on fire basically the entire time unless your team is getting destroyed so hard that you can't even get some consistent heals off. Roadhog also can hold it pretty well with his self heal.

They really need to figure out something for solo queue. The game is just not fun with randoms faffing about. I wish I could get a refund.

I'm not having a problem with solo queue. I mean, sometimes it's bad. But for the most part it's decent enough. Played a bit this morning and went 4-1, and the loss wasn't a stomp it was pretty close where we should have won if the mercy utilized her revive correctly.

But the real answer is playing more with a group of people. The game is really designed for group play, although I still personally find solo queue fun at times as I can just relax and focus on my aim.

I'm not having a problem with solo queue. I mean, sometimes it's bad. But for the most part it's decent enough. Played a bit this morning and went 4-1, and the loss wasn't a stomp it was pretty close where we should have won if the mercy utilized her revive correctly.

But the real answer is playing more with a group of people. The game is really designed for group play, although I still personally find solo queue fun at times as I can just relax and focus on my aim.

I understand the bolded, as Kaplan has been saying it repeatedly, but that doesn't excuse solo queue being a miserable experience a lot of the time. Obviously, YMMV from person to person, but he has even admitted that the majority of players choose to play solo or in groups of 2-3.

I understand the bolded, as Kaplan has been saying it repeatedly, but that doesn't excuse solo queue being a miserable experience a lot of the time. Obviously, YMMV from person to person, but he has even admitted that the majority of players choose to play solo or in groups of 2-3.

It's not like they can force everyone to play well. I suggest just trying to boost your MMR up, perhaps by grouping some, and you'll eventually play with and against better players. That, or just learn to carry hard with soldier 76 or some other strong solo character.

leaf_

I used to play solo, and was having the same miserable matches,started sending friend request to the players that knew what they were doing, now I have a full group every night. There are a lot of people looking for friends to play no shame in asking them.

hi guys, im getting the BC-101 error when i try to login on xbox one ... this is a common stuff? searched for a fix but only got comments related to ps4, anyone knows what is it?

DeSo

Banned
Ooh, got the Woodbot bastion legendary, neat. I've been playing him a little more, set yourself up in odd locations and get some kills.

Blues1990

lmao, i was the Reaper spray.

2016-06-2414_35_57-ovcpsy0.png

Is that supposed to be the little kid from the 2014 reveal trailer? Why does he look like he's not "all there in the head"?

Pharah pushed me off to the hole in Nepal when I was playing as Lucio, but I managed to walk-run up and attack the objective attack. Then that Pharah player calls me a cheater on the main chat. I actually started pushing their team off first with Lucio's right click lol.

Also, I almost teared up today during a match when I was protecting something with Reinhardt. Someone on the other team switched to Pharah and started flanking us immediately. I tell my team that we need Soldier-76 to counter her and someone actually switched AND shot her down.

Dude, I didn't know you could actually escape that death pit as Lucio, as an enemy Roadhog will always pull me in with him. And by simply wall ridding and jumping?

And the way how your teammate had listened and immediately switched to Soldier-77 to deal with Pharah sounded wicked!

Kito

Symmetras in the competitive scene are painful to watch. Kyky will waste 4 turrets on one health pack, Harry will put some on the floor, and both just passively shoot photon spheres rather than melting people. You're not going to charge your ult; you're playing her wrong. A teleporter needs to be up within a minute, not halfway a game.

Mupod

Symmetras in the competitive scene are painful to watch. Kyky will waste 4 turrets on one health pack, Harry will put some on the floor, and both just passively shoot photon spheres rather than melting people. You're not going to charge your ult; you're playing her wrong. A teleporter needs to be up within a minute, not halfway a game.

people must think I'm completely insane when they go up against my Symmetra. I am ridiculously suicidal and aggressive, I will charge Reinhardts. Because I either WANT that teleporter RIGHT NOW or I have one and I don't give a fuck if I die.

I added myself to the GAF list for (NA) PC people if anyone wants to group up later. Feel free to add me.

Battletag: JBFire#1115

I hope a GAF group would be a better bunch of folks.

Crescende

Banned
Oh boy playing as Mei is no joke. Last checkpoint in Gibralta on defence. 5 of us with our Reinhardt dead vs their full Team mexican standoff stlye. They prepare final push. Its getting high noon. We have no ultimates ready except soldiers. Soldier fires ult 1 second after high noon. I see McCree coming out of his hole.

My brain explodes. decisions have to be made. now.

a) throw up the ice wall, protect the whole team from getting high noon'd and reap the hate of my soldier teammate for blocking his Vision for his own ult, getting called out for beeing the worst mei ever for all eternety cuz we all know that no one on my team would recognize the brilliance of that single ice wall?
b) pull off a sick icicle headshot to McCree hoping he dies before his ult launches?
c) Iceblock and chill?
d) just die and blame everyone for beeing incompetent pricks?

Oh boy playing as Mei is no joke. Last checkpoint in Gibralta on defence. 5 of us with our Reinhardt dead vs their full Team mexican standoff stlye. They prepare final push. Its getting high noon. We have no ultimates ready except soldiers. Soldier fires ult 1 second after high noon. I see McCree coming out of his hole.

My brain explodes. decisions have to be made. now.

a) throw up the ice wall, protect the whole team from getting high noon'd and reap the hate of my soldier teammate for blocking his Vision for his own ult, getting called out for beeing the worst mei ever for all eternety cuz we all know that no one on my team would recognize the brilliance of that single ice wall?
b) pull off a sick icicle headshot to McCree hoping he dies before his ult launches?
c) Iceblock and chill?
d) just die and blame everyone for beeing incompetent pricks?

You should have done A but most people online will do D.

You can take it down?

yeah, you just hit the button again to take it down whenever. Same as iceblock -- you can leave that whenever.

You can take it down?
Yeah cancel it by pressing the same button. So if you see your wall go up and go down fast it's either you mistakenly hit the button twice e for they took it down real quick. I did that by accident and fucked myself while I was trying to contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom