• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

Sometimes if your team is just not cooperating or going off in free for all mode just pick your best hero for killing and go to town. Usually ends a loss streak for me. Gotta be flexible and not just stick to support all the time.
This is definitely something I've learned lately. I'm usually healing with Mercy or Lucio, but if I have a shit team that's all off fighting in their separate corners I'll just go Reaper or Roadhog or something and get some kills. I contribute more and sometimes we actually win.

jackdoe

Just played a match where the enemy attackers tried to run a five Roadhog plus one Lucio cheese. Roadhog's crit hitbox is so large that I had one of my best games ever and went 30-5. That crit sound effect was music to my ears.

Jblanks

Just played a match where the enemy attackers tried to run a five Roadhog plus one Lucio cheese. Roadhog's crit hitbox is so large that I had one of my best games ever and went 30-5. That crit sound effect was music to my ears.

Yea I vs. this combo once, they didn't make it very far since they fed us ults all game.

exfatal

OH MAN OH MAN got back from work and to my surprise my friend over in Alberta bought Overwatch for ps4 i was waiting for a sale before jumping in, but since he game shares me i got the game on my ps4 upon returning from work. Cant wait to jump in and now that i got it for free can at least waste the money i was going to spend on dem sweet loot crates. Glad to be here going to be my new/better smite

ramyeon

Anyone still plays this on PS4? Would like to regularly play with a group... nothing too serious.

Still a newbie (lvl 18 atm) but slowly getting better at the game.

PSN : MikeGaum1984
I'm also keen to play with people more regularly, although it might be difficult because of time zones (I'm in Australia). Add me if you like. PSN is ramyeon1989.

Gorillaz

It's hilarious how people online and in game blame a match going to shit over the lack of the healer not doing their job but yet pick McCree and Reaper can't carry shit.

If all people want to do is play the offense guys then go ahead but actually get the job done. Doing the equivalent of putting your pinky toe in the water to test it out but not actually jump in

Wondering why everyone else has to pitch in and now do the heavy lifting by picking more offense characters or going more aggressive

Satch

Banned
i just used my pistol and shot a tracer to death as mercy
Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png

patchday

Hearthstone is terrible and you can only emote in that game lmao. I've turned match chat off so I'm oblivious to any shit chat in Overwatch.

I think it's something bout keyboards that bring out the worst. Actually, I always theorized emails and text messages always make people seem like they are rude and jerkfaces. This is why even at work I prefer verbal or face-to-face communication

For example, I've played a lot of Rainbow 6 Siege on ps4 and that community has been great (beyond the occasional teamkiller) because a lot of people use mics. You just gotta use a mic in R6 to do well

Sometimes if your team is just not cooperating or going off in free for all mode just pick your best hero for killing and go to town. Usually ends a loss streak for me. Gotta be flexible and not just stick to support all the time.

Wish I could, but I'm in an odd position right now. I've never played an FPS on PC before and controller isn't cutting it so I've been trying to learn to use a mouse, but I can barely win 1v1 let alone carry right now, particularly with the dizziness I've been encountering. Hence why I've been stuck back on controller with support heroes.

Redmoon

Found out that if I'm on SLI and my fps hits 300 (the hard cap) the core load of my 2 gpu's goes out of whack.

up to 30% load difference :p

Yeah, I've been repping this mindset after the beta.

Learn the health pack spawn points, get a faniliarity for the maps, realize you owe your team nothing except for playing to your ability.

If you slay as a Reaper but can't dodge as a Mercy, I'll take your Reaper by me all day every day.

Jblanks

I find it really weird that it nearly happens every single time.....TIMES RUNNING OUT, " oh shit! We'd better try now!".

Well it's better than: "Holy shit times running out, better NOT try for the objective and go for this guy that isn't anywhere near it for my 10 killstreak.. oh HOW'D WE LOSE?!" / "better run away from the objective because I don't want to die, and rather stay alive than try and extending the game".

Nimby

Banned
My party decided to go all Torbjorn and the enemy team couldn't get out of the spawn. So many Pharah's were shot down.

Also had some pretty awesome plays with Genji, I'm not getting a lot of eliminations, but I definitely feel like I won us the game at some points, or at least contributed greatly.

eek5

Wish I could, but I'm in an odd position right now. I've never played an FPS on PC before and controller isn't cutting it so I've been trying to learn to use a mouse, but I can barely win 1v1 let alone carry right now, particularly with the dizziness I've been encountering. Hence why I've been stuck back on controller with support heroes.

Same boat here. I started with controller and switch to M/KB for the first time.

I'm assuming you're getting dizzy because you're turning too fast?

I changed my mouse dpi to 800 and turned off enhance pointer precision on windows, changed the pointer speed to around the middle, turned off mouse acceleration then lowered my sensitivity on Overwatch to around 10? and that helped out a lot

Zenyatta is fine, always be on the high ground and make sure your team is in the line of sight at all times, heal from a safe range, E Pharahs and other rocket jumping heretics and mow them down.

E Tracers
E Reapers
E anyone who breaks your offensive or Defensive line

Most of all pay attention to your team in your line of sight. You can heal them from a great, safe distance and mostly stay out of trouble

Ult to push points and safe lives, His ult is basically a revive anyway.

Holy shit. Why everyone waits until Overtime to do something? It's crazy, I tell you. CRAZY.

That has been the norm in TF2 pubs for like nine years now.

You get a desperate last 30 second Heavy rush that you can't really stop because your team's off conga-ing.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I've been repping this mindset after the beta.

Learn the health pack spawn points, get a faniliarity for the maps, realize you owe your team nothing except for playing to your ability.

If you slay as a Reaper but can't dodge as a Mercy, I'll take your Reaper by me all day every day.

Yes holy cow. So many people don't realize that you can do so much by just knowing where the healthpacks are and monopolizing them constantly. Yes let your teammates use them too, but definitely don't let the other team get them. Makes a big difference even with a healer on your side.

Firebrand

Stay far away, debuff the right people, heal the right people, avoid widowmaker's line of sight at all cost. Pop your ult up in the middle of the group so it heals everyone, ideal for a push or to sustain something big.
You can kill a lot of people with your orb of discord and your regular attack.
I find it really difficult to see what I'm debuffing... Roadhog and Winston are obviously a bit easier to see, and they're both good targets for it.

Love Zenyatta, I'm not amazing at him but he's so fun to play.

How do you play well as Zenyatta? He seems really weak to me.

If youre playing in a stack and can control team composition:

On offense, he can work in a reinhardt team composition. Swap your second healer (probably the mercy as lucio is just too good on offense) for zen + soldier. Both can spam from behind shield, and heal a little. The shield also protects zen from widow.

On defense, swap your second healer (lucio this time) for zen + symm. Again, two 'half-healers' make up for the loss of one dedicated healer. The +25 shield from symm protects zen from widow OHKOs.

Zenyatta is fine, always be on the high ground and make sure your team is in the line of sight at all times, heal from a safe range, E Pharahs and other rocket jumping heretics and mow them down.

E Tracers
E Reapers

Most of all pay attention to your team in your line of sight. You can heal them from a great, safe distance and mostly stay out of trouble

I love Zen but where he is now to where he was before is a gulf.

Now, I say, pick a Lucio.

Give Zen just a touch of survivability. Just a touch. Nothing crazy. His debuff is damn near OP but he's not picked enough for people to cry about it. More appropriately, he dies too fast.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

E Tracers
E Reapers

It's nowhere close to being a revive. I don't even think that it's as good as sound barrier.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Got another legendary currency today, oh well at least its halfway to something you actually want instead of just another Bastion skin or something. And yeah as you play a lot and gey into the high levels, younjust get used to the occasional legendary. Just open every vox expecting the titular w,w,b,w and sometimes you get something and you go "yay" and move on.

R0ckman

Ah, evening of being grouped with complete idiots. Wanted to play McCree but my team was completely ignoring Widowmaker on a payload match. By the time I gave up and went Winston I just didnt care.

It's nowhere close to being a revive. I don't even think that it's as good as sound barrier.

It's pretty close actually. I'd get a billion POTGs if they showed how often I shutdown ults with it.

It will save you from pretty much all ults save Junkrat and D'VA

Definition - Revive: Bringing a person back from the brink

I'd rather they take the dota route of hero balancing: keep weaknesses, buff strengths or make them more versatile. This leads to more varried and interesting hero design.

Maybe 175HP, buff the range of healing orbs and speed up his reload animation and rate of fire :D

One thing I'd like to see on Zenyatta is to Let him self revive with his ult. So if you die, press Q and you revive yourself and do your healing.

I think some people should practice with him, I find an E + A headshot and a half will down most threats. He is good at countering roaming dickheads like Roadhog or Winston who can just get E'd and have their plans go to shit.

Pharah too. I've pissed off so many Pharahs who try to go all MLG and you just E them and they die.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Btw there is a lot of counter-switching play at higher levels. At least on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom