• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like Mei's icewall should do something like 1 damage per second of touching it so that you can actually get credit for kills that come as a result of blocking someone off a cliff.

X-Frame

Symmetras in the competitive scene are painful to watch. Kyky will waste 4 turrets on one health pack, Harry will put some on the floor, and both just passively shoot photon spheres rather than melting people. You're not going to charge your ult; you're playing her wrong. A teleporter needs to be up within a minute, not halfway a game.

Is there a way to know what actions or abilities charge a characters ultimate the fastest?

Is it just doing damage with weapons / healing, etc? What charges a Rein Ult faster, doing hammer swing/strike damage or blocking with his shield? Questions like that .. Thank you!

mbpm1

Oh boy playing as Mei is no joke. Last checkpoint in Gibralta on defence. 5 of us with our Reinhardt dead vs their full Team mexican standoff stlye. They prepare final push. Its getting high noon. We have no ultimates ready except soldiers. Soldier fires ult 1 second after high noon. I see McCree coming out of his hole.

My brain explodes. decisions have to be made. now.

a) throw up the ice wall, protect the whole team from getting high noon'd and reap the hate of my soldier teammate for blocking his Vision for his own ult, getting called out for beeing the worst mei ever for all eternety cuz we all know that no one on my team would recognize the brilliance of that single ice wall?
b) pull off a sick icicle headshot to McCree hoping he dies before his ult launches?
c) Iceblock and chill?
d) just die and blame everyone for beeing incompetent pricks?

E) Hope your soldier takes mccree down first and hide

Is there a way to know what actions or abilities charge a characters ultimate the fastest?

Is it just doing damage with weapons / healing, etc? What charges a Rein Ult faster, doing hammer swing/strike damage or blocking with his shield? Questions like that .. Thank you!

Basically the same way you might get Fire, except you get it for damage in the moment and not just from kills.

Healing, Blocking, Support (Giving a character armor/shields), and Damage.

Canucked

When people select Mei, there should be a big pop-up on the screen that explains, in enormous text size, that you can remove a wall that you've placed.

And also give them this face
tumblr_m2kuubpq7s1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

X-Frame

Basically the same way you might get Fire, except you get it for damage in the moment and not just from kills.

Healing, Blocking, Support (Giving a character armor/shields), and Damage.

Gotcha, thanks.

Also side question but does the charge rate of a character's Ult also affect how easily they can get on Fire? For example, Zarya's Ult is slow to charge compared to someone like Zen, should that mean that in general she has a tougher time getting on Fire compared to Zen?

I'm trying to think of characters where that doesn't work, so characters that have a slow charging Ult but can get on Fire more easily.

people must think I'm completely insane when they go up against my Symmetra. I am ridiculously suicidal and aggressive, I will charge Reinhardts. Because I either WANT that teleporter RIGHT NOW or I have one and I don't give a fuck if I die.

Same. Most enemies don't expect Symmetras to just run the fuck right up to them and start bouncing and jumping over their heads to throw off their aim while I'm hitting my beam, and usually the only time it bites me in the ass is when they've got allies around to shoot me from a better vantage point. 1 on 1, especially against squishies like Tracer and Genji, Symmetra is a goddamn beast. Nothing funnier than watching a Genji trying to "deflect" when I charge up to them, like, "You poor fool, that will not save you."

Gotcha, thanks.

Also side question but does the charge rate of a character's Ult also affect how easily they can get on Fire? For example, Zarya's Ult is slow to charge compared to someone like Zen, should that mean that in general she has a tougher time getting on Fire compared to Zen?

I'm trying to think of characters where that doesn't work, so characters that have a slow charging Ult but can get on Fire more easily.

I'm unsure about Ults having different charge times, someone else would have to weight in here.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
people must think I'm completely insane when they go up against my Symmetra. I am ridiculously suicidal and aggressive, I will charge Reinhardts. Because I either WANT that teleporter RIGHT NOW or I have one and I don't give a fuck if I die.

I do this with Mei sometimes, I'll sneak around the payload while on defense and hope that my teammates don't die. Most of the time, they do, leaving me to deal with 3 enemies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Never take the wall down, even if you accidentally block friendlies. It's a sign of weakness.

Most of the time, the Mei's I play with block our team as much as the other team, or she provides cover for the other team to avoid kill zones.

hbkdx12

I'm still casual scum in this game but I really really like the versatility of Mei.

I had a match on anubis where i went to capture the point and my team got wiped out and i managed to contest the point (albeit unintentionally and haphazardly) by creating a wall that allowed me to stay in the tiniest bit of the corner of the point to keep it contested and when the wall dropped i put on my ice shield to contest it even more. I ended up getting killed but it bought my team enough time to try for a push.

That was like a good 8 or so seconds the enemy team made no progress. I felt good about it. Definitely plan to incorporate that into being an actual strategy.

Man, the community on PC sure can be disgusting and horribly toxic a lot of the time. Is there no way to turn off text chat permanently? I am tired of every post-game being a horrible flurry of hate.

Azoor

Man, the community on PC sure can be disgusting and horribly toxic a lot of the time. Is there no way to turn off text chat permanently? I am tired of every post-game being a horrible flurry of hate.

Huh, strange because the community of this game is the tamest I've ever been and I've been in a lot.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

Really? The PC community seems to be the most quiet community for any blizzard game, no one ever says anything. The angriest i see people get is throwing out passive aggressive comments like "you can contest the point by standing on it lol"

mbpm1

Really? The PC community seems to be the most quiet community for any blizzard game, no one ever says anything. The angriest i see people get is throwing out passive aggressive comments like "you can contest the point by standing on it lol"

Yeah, nobody says anything at all.I think everyone must just mute text and voice chat at the start or something

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I really haven't seen this at all. Like, not even once. It's either "GG" or "I hate Bastion", but that's about it. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I'm a bit surprised that it happens so much for others.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Huh, strange because the community of this game is the tamest I've ever been and I've been in a lot.

Yeah i agree, guess people fear Blizz almighty ban hammer. Sure some can be toxic but the OW community so far is nothing compared to LoL, Dota 2 or CS:GO.

I hardly go a few games without the text chat being just littered with varying levels of vitriol. Ranging from passive aggressive tips on how to play to the fair frequent salt fueled hate of the losing team. I've seen multiple n-bombs, a lot of "faggots", I've had someone leave the game and rejoin as a spectator and spend the whole time in chat shitting on me trying to learn Genji, I've had many reapers and hanzos say stuff like "ez" or "get good" after every kill. The list goes on. It's at a point for me now where it's probably 50% or more of the matches I play are full of terrible people. And maybe once every few days I come across a game that is full of people just there to have a good time.

I report everyone who goes too far but it's depressing at times. I just want to have fun, I don't like people throwing hate in the chat.

Onemic

I dunno how anyone can call the PC Overwatch community toxic. If so, I really wonder if you've ever played competitive MP games before.

The most people usually say is if a reaper or bastion win pot, they'll go "you just pressed q" which is hilarious to me because it shows how salty they are. (I dont say it in chat, but I definitely think it too lol) Or they get mad at someone that didnt get on the point even though they were standing right beside it for 10 seconds.

There has only been one occurrence where a dude was being toxic because he was a shit player and blamed me and others for not taking a point even though we died due to a junkrat riptire. Just report those fools and have fun.

Canucked

The playstation community in Overwatch is a bunch of silent monks.

But I think everyone had placed a turret badly or thrown a disaster ice wall up, or thrown their rip tire into nothing. I thinks people aren't as quick to judge and flame as we think they are. I think most people are just having a fun time.

mbpm1

I dunno how anyone can call the PC Overwatch community toxic. If so, I really wonder if you've ever played competitive MP games before.

The most people usually say is if a reaper or bastion win pot, they'll go "you just pressed q" which is hilarious to me because it shows how salty they are. (I dont say it in chat, but I definitely think it too lol)

There has only been one occurrence where a dude was being toxic because he was a shit player and blamed me and others for not taking a point even though we died due to a junkrat riptire. Just report those fools and have fun.

Not everyone's experience is the same.

Although I feel sorry for the people who seem to get angry people in every game. I pretty much never see them on my end

Onemic

Not everyone's experience is the same.

Although I feel sorry for the people who seem to get angry people in every game. I pretty much never see them on my end

Just stating my personal experience so far.

Then again I also usually play in a group more often than not. I'm guessing the occurrences of toxic players goes up a lot if you play exclusively in pubs. The one time it happened to me was when I was in a pub.

Then again I also usually play in a group more often than not. I'm guessing the occurrences of toxic players goes up a lot if you play exclusively in pubs. The one time it happened to me was when I was in a pub.

Yeah I unfortunately haven't been able to get my group together much. When I do the chat seems totally normal and pleasant. But 90% of my time is pub matches so maybe that's why.

mbpm1

I pub all the time though, and I get toxicity like...1 in 20 games? And even then it's like one comment a match.

Granted this has been going up lately

Ullus

I did chuckle when someone raged at me for using Bastion in a bot match. Like common dude, bot matches are made for messing around in and try out new stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom