• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly.

It's not going to be the game that ends up killing the game, it'll be the shitty community. If they don't add player hosted servers then the game probably won't even last a year for me, what made TF2 great wasn't just the gameplay, but the servers that would spring up from other forums and stuff like that. That game would be dead as fuck right now if it didn't have proper dedicated servers with server browsers.

They've said they want to do a server browser but it's in the far future.

I want one sooner than later for your exact reasoning. If I want to be silly, let me be silly.

Something like a GAF server would be great, too. Just hop in and play without having to send a bunch of invites out.

Azoor

I've been in TF2 since launch and I've been with Overwatch since launch.

Overwatch's community is a thousand times worse. Less people, more responsibility or 'thought responsibility', aiming for the twitch communities plus the toxic Blizzard communities.

Overwatch's community is League bad.

I respectfully disagree.

I've been a LOL player and trust me, Overwatch isn't as bad. I played LOL from 2010 to late 2012 and the level of toxicity is unparalleled with any community out there.

Been playing TF2 since 2009 and while the toxicity isn't nearly LOL levels, but it's there. There is some toxicity in Overwatch, but in my humble opinion from some who only once played with a group, the levels of toxicity is pretty low.

Dragner

First POTG as Lucio...didnt think was posible. It was me killing an ulted soldier. Then killing an ulted phara then using secondary shot to throw out of the map a roadhog.

I respectfully disagree.

I've been a LOL player and trust me, Overwatch isn't as bad. I played LOL from 2010 to late 2012 and the level of toxicity is unparalleled with any community out there.
I'm currently playing LoL (2011-2016). Overwatch's community is just as bad. As far as toxicity goes: TF2 >>>>> Overwatch ~ League >>>> Dota 2, where Dota2's is objectively the worst of all because the game is far more punishing and teamwork reliant than any of the above.

Been playing TF2 since 2009 and while the toxicity isn't nearly LOL levels, but it's there. There is some toxicity in Overwatch, but in my humble opinion from some who only once played with a group, the levels of toxicity is pretty low.

It comparatively isn't. Not at all. I've put in about 2,000 hours into TF2. It's been YEARS since I've seen toxicity in TF2 because I can choose to play on custom servers with decent people. If I jumped into Overwatch right now (100 hours and counting, btw) and I'm pretty confident I'll see toxicity in some kind inside of 30 minutes. It is what it is.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
That hanzo desc is 100% how they are

they dont talk and then when they do have something to say, its just bile about everyone else being trash
Genji's are real class acts too.

Just the other day had one request that we change if what we're doing isn't working and he said it applies to him too. The entire game he whines about lag and doesn't change off Genji.

Today had an enemy Genji get killed and said "game is fucked" only to talk shit when his team won. Class acts.

eek5

ugh blizzard. fix this roadhog ult issue where when you start using his ult the reticle would snap to some other direction. happened twice to me where it would just go straight up. people mentioned it on the forum already.

it's fixed on ptr so should be resolved after competitive gets released

eek5

Speaking of that, it's annoying as hell when you're trying to heal Roadhog and they keep self-healing. I know it might be faster for them, but you really want Mercy to be charging her ult.

Yeah it's nice to get free ult charge but at the same time she should focus on healing people that don't have self heals. Healing tanks can take forever

It's important to know what you're doing wrong. Even if your team is complete garbage, it's basically guaranteed you made numerous mistakes with your movement or positioning throughout the game.

Or you can just spam slurs in the chat.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
lol just won a round with randoms on dorado with no supporter/healer.

Grief.exe

First POTG as Lucio...didnt think was posible. It was me killing an ulted soldier. Then killing an ulted phara then using secondary shot to throw out of the map a roadhog.

Make a webm immediately.

got wooden bastion and gundam pharah today

giphy.gif

Admitting to playing Bastion/Mei/Torb/D.Va is your first step to making good picks.

Apharmd

I feel like the game decides who wins or loses, not me. I get into a horrible loss streak that's a combination of getting steamrolled, teammates not communicating at all, or i just join in 30 seconds before the game is over and we get steamrolled. Then I get into a game where the opposition is so new that we just totally disrespect them.

Azoor

I'm currently playing LoL (2011-2016). Overwatch's community is just as bad. As far as toxicity goes: TF2 >>>>> Overwatch ~ League >>>> Dota 2, where Dota2's is objectively the worst of all because the game is far more punishing and teamwork reliant than any of the above.

It comparatively isn't. Not at all. I've put in about 2,000 hours into TF2. It's been YEARS since I've seen toxicity in TF2 because I can choose to play on custom servers with decent people. If I jumped into Overwatch right now (100 hours and counting, btw) and I'm pretty confident I'll see toxicity in some kind inside of 30 minutes. It is what it is.

I respect your opinion, but the amount of toxicity that I experienced in LOL was nothing compared to other games.

But hey, to each their own.

Zaventem

I really enjoy playing as Mercy but maybe I am playing as her wrong? Almost always a gold medal in healing, usually a ton of assists and I rez when I can, but never PotG and almost never up for a vote at the end of the round. Even when I am up for a vote at the end no one ever votes for pure healing. Am I missing something here?

Need like 4 man res for POTG.

Zemm

Those two guys in the group who need to play Bastion and Zenyatta every single round no matter the map. There's a time and place and neither are in a group where you're holding everyone back.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
My games are pretty friendly right now as long as neither side is stomping, and even then it's still chill.

mxgt

Banned
Had some truly magical games tonight. Symmetra teammate on KOTH was probably the highlight.

Then I join a game that is lost, leave immediately and rejoin that exact same game.

I love this game, but I also hate it.

cheez124

so i decided to turn off vsync yesterday to see if my aim would improve at all...man, what a difference. was consistently getting accuracy well above my averages for my heroes, especially with tracer. on the downside, i have to deal with screen tearing now lol. never realized how bad the input lag was though

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Would you guys recommend this game to someone who dislikes competitive multiplayer (or not great at them)?

I love D.Va's designs btw. I think she'll be my main.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Would you guys recommend this game to someone who dislikes competitive multiplayer (or not great at them)?

I love D.Va's designs btw. I think she'll be my main.

Yeah. I usually hate competitive mp games but i really enjoy Overwatch. Even if I get a load of defeats it doesn't bother me because I'm having way too much fun to care.

Cerity

Didn't think it really happened anymore but my last few games were matched up with young dudes (<13 ) trying to talk shit over voice chat. Thank fuck you can turn off voice.

so i decided to turn off vsync yesterday to see if my aim would improve at all...man, what a difference. was consistently getting accuracy well above my averages for my heroes, especially with tracer. on the downside, i have to deal with screen tearing now lol. never realized how bad the input lag was though

Frame rate capping, or hop on board g/free-sync

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Didn't think it really happened anymore but my last few games were matched up with young dudes (<13 ) trying to talk shit over voice chat. Thank fuck you can turn off voice.

this might be a stupid question but i have the global setting in rivatuner set to cap at 60fps and my monitor is 60hz...do i need to keep enabling vsync in games? can i turn it off in overwatch and not get screen tearing?

Permanently A

I hope the rumors about the support Sniper are true since it would be a great way to get those Hanzo/Widow players to actually be useful. I'm imagining she's like Widow except no charge damage. Her E could make her next bullet apply the wallhack effect and her shift could be a bullet that lets you shoot allies for health instead of damage.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I'm having a really tough time deciding whether to plunk down 250 coins on amber or cobalt skin for Mercy... >_<

Nazo

I really wish Blizz would hurry up with that god damn patch for console already.

I'm absolutely tired of dealing with Mcree's stupid ass fan the hammer garbage.

Also, while your at it Blizz, nerf Torbjorn.

k thnx.

Zemm

I hope the rumors about the support Sniper are true since it would be a great way to get those Hanzo/Widow players to actually be useful. I'm imagining she's like Widow except no charge damage. Her E could make her next bullet apply the wallhack effect and her shift could be a bullet that lets you shoot allies for health instead of damage.

If she can't kill or doesn't kill as efficiently as widowmaker then those players aren't going to swap unfortunately.

Blizzard

Banned
So i just got match made into 5 different games of those 3 were at the tail end and I was put on the losing team in the last minute or so. Blizzard said those games don't count, but then I look at my stats and they all counted as losses. WTF, how the hell is that fair, I couldnt change the outcome of being put into a game when the payload is fucking 5 meters from the end point.
This deserves to get more attention then. For quite a while, I (and others?) believed those matches didn't count as a loss. :(

cheez124

does capping the frame rate actually work? i briefly tried it yesterday when i was messing with my settings and it still seemed to have a lot of tearing, or does it just lessen it?

and those gsync monitors are expensive, man :(

I don't want to make rash statements, but playing against 6 tracers was the most torturous game of overwatch I've played.

I had a game like that the other day. It was five Tracers and a Winston. I just went McCree.

Like sitting ducks.

They eventually switched out because they were getting beat bad. lol

BashNasty

does capping the frame rate actually work? i briefly tried it yesterday when i was messing with my settings and it still seemed to have a lot of tearing, or does it just lessen it?

and those gsync monitors are expensive, man :(

G-sync is expensive, but also so, so worth it. I could never go back

cluderi

Eventually tried Mei.....

Had no idea what I was doing but managed to accidentally ice wall the oppositions Road Hog trying to chain our players during my second game.

While this game can have it's frustrating times it's the little moments like this that keep me coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom