• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramirez

I got a positive message today from a random while playing Zarya.

I6wcjMH.jpg

First non hate mail I've ever gotten, lol.

I don't need my teammates to all be amazing players.

But I don't need my teammates refusing to switch off of McCrees and Soldiers in the face of a multi-Torbjorn/Bastion defense. Common sense, guys. Stop running into the grinders like idiots. I'm begging you to play something that counters that defense, and you won't even fucking try? Come on guys.

So far, it has been a good day. Clawed my way to a 50% win rate. Been playing in more groups lately. Even got a shout out for playing support even though I didn't get a card. I still cringe when I get PotG though. Can never be that good, lol.

So far, it has been a good day. Clawed my way to a 50% win rate. Been playing in more groups lately. Even got a shout out for playing support even though I didn't get a card. I still cringe when I get PotG though. Can never be that good, lol.

50% shouldn't require clawing. Play with more friends. If you have none, make some.

grendelrt

This deserves to get more attention then. For quite a while, I (and others?) believed those matches didn't count as a loss. :(

I had my stats page up before I went into game and looked at it afterwards and only 1 or 2 of the games i played were full games and I had 5 new losses, so they def counting. Also looked on the blizzard forums and saw some posts complaining as well.

Zemm

Some real wonky matchmaking today, we came up against a group of levels 10-30, I thought that maybe they were just really good despite the levels but nope, they couldn't even touch the first point of Hollywood. Probably the most good natured match I've been in for OW though, both teams were talking in a nice friendly manner :eek:

I don't need my teammates to all be amazing players.

But I don't need my teammates refusing to switch off of McCrees and Soldiers in the face of a multi-Torbjorn/Bastion defense. Common sense, guys. Stop running into the grinders like idiots. I'm begging you to play something that counters that defense, and you won't even fucking try? Come on guys.

But 76 is good at killing both of those guys? Why would you switch?

mbpm1

Triple tank boys :eek:

D. Va + Winston + Reinhardt worked out on attack on the Dorado map

Basically the other tanks played the role of flankers or damage absorption while I shielded and helped push payload in typical boring reinhardt fashion while the soldier stuck behind and did the shooting thing and mercy roamed as a healer

Was cool

The game before that I was able to shove an annoying Lucio off overtime on attack of Gibraltar with junkrat's mine and we won shortly after

Good games tonight

Her headshot damage is significant, it has no arc to compensate for and Widow has 200hp. It is common and expected, really.

Sure, but I didn't expect to win a shootout with a Widow. I hardly play Mei so it was surprising. Didn't realize her alt was so good.
---
On another note, I finally got 4 kills with D. Va's Ult. Survived it too by jumping behind another D.Va lol It was point B on Anubis.

Prelude.

I got so many skins during beta and now I'm level 21 and only got 5. :(
Also, two of them are legendaries of characters I never use, McCree and Soldier76.
RNG pls

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
My level 100 loot.

Pls kill me. This and Punk Tracer is just too much.

2016-06-2501_49_09-ov23rrt.png

Sure, but I didn't expect to win a shootout with a Widow. I hardly play Mei so it was surprising. Didn't realize her alt was so good.
---
On another note, I finally got 4 kills with D. Va's Ult. Survived it too by jumping behind another D.Va lol It was point B on Anubis.
I gotta admit I get too cocky sometimes going against Widows with Mei. It's just really satisfying when you outsnipe them. I think I just like pissing people off on the other team without talking any smack. Finishing people off with a punch to the face after you freeze them is just too funny. Even better is running through a Reinhardt's shield and punching him to death after he's already damaged.

edgefusion

PS4: Just got completely crushed by a team of 6 Torbjorns at the first choke point on Dorado. Game has become a complete joke on console, every match turns out the same: stack Torbjorn > win > Torbjorn PotG. Going to take a break until Blizzard nerf this broken hero.

Nimby

Banned
PS4: Just got completely crushed by a team of 6 Torbjorns at the first choke point on Dorado. Game has become a complete joke on console, every match turns out the same: stack Torbjorn > win > Torbjorn PotG. Going to take a break until Blizzard nerf this broken hero.

It's a headache, but nerfing Torbjorn will make him a bigger joke than he already is. 1v1 this guy and his turrets just get destroyed by half of the heroes. They just need to limit hero stacking.

I had similar situation today, we broke through the initial choke on Anubis with ease, then at the second point half the enemy team switches to Torbjorn and sets up turrets watching all the flanks with a D.Va, Zen, and Soldier on the point. It was terrible, I felt we should have won that game multiple times but they popped Molten Core when our Lucio used his ult every single time.

I think if Torbjorn was to get nerfed, it should be the HP on Lvl. 3 turrets. Maybe he shouldn't be able to build faster during his ult either, but I'm no game developer so.

Prelude.

I think if Torbjorn was to get nerfed, it should be the HP on Lvl. 3 turrets. Maybe he shouldn't be able to build faster during his ult either, but I'm no game developer so.
I'm playing on PC so I'm not sure, but isn't the issue the fact that the turrets lock on a player too quickly for the average controller user to fire back?

That was a arduous evening of Overwatch, mostly played support which I don't mind but my kingdom for team mates that try to protect their sole healer at least every now and then.
One match in particular was going fine up until the enemy team picked up on "damn those discord orbs are annoying" and sent a Genji to constantly pursue me, 5 deaths in a row by his blade without an iota of support as I desperately discord and kick away(because deflect was always on the menu) wishing there was a "HEEEEELP!" message spammable.
But boy will they send "I need healing" while I'm waiting to respawn once more.

At least with Mercy there's the ability to zip on over to someone as well as your health bar visible to the person getting healed/powered up.

I'm playing on PC so I'm not sure, but isn't the issue the fact that the turrets lock on a player too quickly for the average controller user to fire back?

I personally think it's silly that i can build a new turret the second mine is destroyed. I'd be interested in seeing it changed so that the cooldown to build a new turret doesn't begin till after your current turret is destroyed.

This is an interesting trend. Last game, I had gold medal for 4 eliminations. Next game, gold medal for 2 eliminations.

It happens in solo que with players who can't deal with Torbjorn and Bastion. I've seen it happen a couple of times where our offense players get out of spawn, attack choke point and die repeatedly.

Grief.exe

This is why they're going to have to balance differently on PC, Torb is a wasted pick against a decent team.

lantus

I got a positive message today from a random while playing Zarya.

First non hate mail I've ever gotten, lol.

Well, I'm sure the community isn't as bad people like to think. I've gotten a few friend requests and messages on psn playing overwatch and I'm sure it's not much different everywhere else.

Added my gamertag to the GAF list for Xbox one. Xbox one has a sad showing there. If blizzard makes it so my level and unlocks can carry over to PS4 and PC I might jump ship. I've dropped too much coin on loot boxes to otherwise.

I went with Xbox one since that's where most of my friends are but they don't play as much as I do. And like with WoW, I'm on a loot train to victory. I want to win games.

Nimby

Banned

I'm not quite sure what you mean? Turrets are stationary targets so I don't why the lock on would inhibit that. Just line you shot up behind cover > fire > go back behind cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom