• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same boat here. I started with controller and switch to M/KB for the first time.

I'm assuming you're getting dizzy because you're turning too fast?

I changed my mouse dpi to 800 and turned off enhance pointer precision on windows, changed the pointer speed to around the middle, turned off mouse acceleration then lowered my sensitivity on Overwatch to around 10? and that helped out a lot

I'm not honestly sure. I feel fine messing around in the target range and in normal matches at long range, but whenever anyone gets up close I start to feel really bad - it gets very hard to follow them.

I'm set to 1800dpi and 9 aiming speed with pointer precision off, the problem is that going lower means more arm movement and due to health problems I find it very uncomfortable to do that.

eek5

I'm not honestly sure. I feel fine messing around in the target range and in normal matches at long range, but whenever anyone gets up close I start to feel really bad - it gets very hard to follow them.

I'm set to 1800dpi and 9 aiming speed with pointer precision off, the problem is that going lower means more arm movement and due to health problems I find it very uncomfortable to do that.
I think you're better off 800dpi on mouse and higher sensitivity in game from what I'm reading but IDK enough about m/kb to elaborate :\

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's pretty close actually. I'd get a billion POTGs if they showed how often I shutdown ults with it.

It will save you from pretty much all ults save Junkrat and D'VA

Definition - Revive: Bringing a person back from the brink

Maybe 175HP, buff the range of healing orbs and speed up his reload animation and rate of fire :D

I do that all the time with sound barrier too though. Bonus that lucio can actually survive in the midst of battle better than zen after the ult wears off and contribute more to skirmishes with passive group healing, mobility to harass and far better survivability.

I think some people should practice with him, I find an E + A headshot and a half will down most threats. He is good at countering roaming dickheads like Roadhog or Winston who can just get E'd and have their plans go to shit.

Pharah too. I've pissed off so many Pharahs who try to go all MLG and you just E them and they die.

Unless you're hiding behind a shield roadhog should win the matchup 100% of the time. People really underestimate hook range, and zen is so slow and weak that he's a free kill to roadhog basically.

Unless you're hiding behind a shield roadhog should win the matchup 100% of the time. People really underestimate hook range, and zen is so slow and weak that he's a free kill to roadhog basically.

I've been more or less maining Roadhog the past few days and I love it when the enemy team has a Zenyatta. Hooking him is almost as good as hooking a Genji.

Almost.

EDIT: Damn auto correct. This post was nonsense a second ago.

JCH!

Man, today was rough. My group went 5-11, most of them we got shrekt pretty hard.

I honestly cannot wait for the McCree nerfs.

legbone

ok dammit, someone convince me to buy this game. i suck at online shooters. except for mag. i got pretty mediocre at that one after 100's of hours. but i'm jealous of all the fun you guys seem to be having. will be picking it up on ps4. i played the beta and pretty much had no fucking clue what i was doing, was getting slaughtered by mei's everytime i turned around and couldn't hit shit. but i've been thinking, it took me forever to learn the maps in mag. i figure if i just put the time in i will get at least good enough to not suck completely and get yelled at. anyway, sorry about the usual "should i or shouldn't i buy this game post" but i usually don't do it. i usually can make up my mind pretty quick whether or not to buy. oh, and there are no physical copies in my area at this time (would have to drive 30 minutes at least) so i will be going digital. so no selling it back to gamestop (i don't by used unless i have to). sorry for such a long post but hopefully someone will read this and assure me that i won't get made fun of and i will have fun sucking. thanks in advance (more than likely by the time someone responds i will be foolishly downloading just to regret it later this evening).

edit: by the way, i usually go single player in my games (im old and from the times before internet in the home let alone broadband) but i fell in love with socom and mag. mostly because in mag i could heal folks and help my team. after a while i got good at killing.

MoonGred

I wish blizzard would completely disable your death count. Don't know what sparked it but nearly every game I've had in the last couple of days has some Reaper/Hanzo/Mcree player bragging about their K/D.

Mr. X

Zenyata ideas? I'd love to see him able to throw out another E or L Shift Orb after a pair is already out in play. Would stick to his theme.

eek5

ok dammit, someone convince me to buy this game. i suck at online shooters. except for mag. i got pretty mediocre at that one after 100's of hours. but i'm jealous of all the fun you guys seem to be having. will be picking it up on ps4. i played the beta and pretty much had no fucking clue what i was doing, was getting slaughtered by mei's everytime i turned around and couldn't hit shit. but i've been thinking, it took me forever to learn the maps in mag. i figure if i just put the time in i will get at least good enough to not suck completely and get yelled at. anyway, sorry about the usual "should i or shouldn't i buy this game post" but i usually don't do it. i usually can make up my mind pretty quick whether or not to buy. oh, and there are no physical copies in my area at this time (would have to drive 30 minutes at least) so i will be going digital. so no selling it back to gamestop (i don't by used unless i have to). sorry for such a long post but hopefully someone will read this and assure me that i won't get made fun of and i will have fun sucking. thanks in advance (more than likely by the time someone responds i will be foolishly downloading just to regret it later this evening).
Based on just the information on your post, you're probably going to regret it.

legbone

Based on just the information on your post, you're probably going to regret it.

yeah, i'm afraid you're right. but i keep trying to fool myself into buying it.

edit: i'm going to go grab a bite to eat and come back and see how i feel. i think i'm just jonesing for a new game and don't feel like picking up mirror's edge. also, i haven't finished doom yet (my goty at the moment) so maybe i should do that and see if the ps4 community ends up dying off (i know this thing will have legs on pc but i only have a chromebook).

Man, today was rough. My group went 5-11, most of them we got shrekt pretty hard.

I honestly cannot wait for the McCree nerfs.

Forget about McCree, where's that Torbjorn nerf? I think the turret can mostly stay as is, but that thing needs a fucking limit on the range.

eek5

yeah, i'm afraid you're right. but i keep trying to fool myself into buying it.

I just saw your edit. There are some supports in this game that won't necessarily require you to kill to contribute. Mercy can get by without ever having to take her pistol out and Lucio can just throw out suppression fire and wall run around but it's pretty frustrating to play only support in this game because pubs can be really shitty. You'll lose a ton of games that aren't your fault at all and if you're Mercy you'll get constantly ganked by people in pubs while your team does nothing. I mean some people find it fun but I personally wouldn't buy this game to solely play healer.

ramyeon

edit: by the way, i usually go single player in my games (im old and from the times before internet in the home let alone broadband) but i fell in love with socom and mag. mostly because in mag i could heal folks and help my team. after a while i got good at killing.
I mean I'm pretty much the same as you. I thought I was going to regret buying this actually. I only bought it because of how cool the characters were and how much I loved the animated shorts they released in the lead up to the launch. Rather than sucking at shooters I just almost never play them, let alone online ones. But I love this, it's digital crack, I can't stop playing or thinking about playing.

ramyeon

Oh my god, there's an Overwatch Australia community on PS4, tears of joy. Now I can stop begging the GAF Community on PS4 for groups while they're all asleep.

KarmaCow

I don't want to bag on pubs too much but man...

"We could use a tank" - The person who picked Widowmaker after seeing there was no tank and another Widowmaker.

"We could use a healer" - The Roadhog who switches to Reinhardt after seeing we have no healer and there is already another Reinhardt and D. Va.

KyleP29

The Overwatch community is awful... Join a lobby in progress see they have no healer and decide to go Mercy... not the greatest healer but whatever try to help and get it to a 3rd round. Game finishes and i get 2 messages from teammates complaining i died to much.....

I mean im not the greatest at support but the post game cards did say i healed 28% of team damage, also had some good revives... Are you really going to blame me for letting the other team flank you all game to kill you and your healer from behind over and over.

I guess i should just went attack and joined them on their elimination hunt instead.

Savitar

Some real good teams tonight and some nice players too! Can it be said there is nothing better that you play a match that is highly charged with both teams going all out and at the end each congratulates the other no matter what.

That I love.

ramyeon

The Overwatch community is awful... Join a lobby in progress see they have no healer and decide to go Mercy... not the greatest healer but whatever try to help and get it to a 3rd round. Game finishes and i get 2 messages from teammates complaining i died to much.....

I mean im not the greatest at support but the post game cards did say i healed 28% of team damage, also had some good revives... Are you really going to blame me for letting the other team flank you all game to kill you and your healer from behind over and over.

I guess i should just went attack and joined them on their elimination hunt instead.
I'm sorry you experienced that. I personally have always had a good reaction to playing healer and feel like it was appreciated at least. Yesterday I even had a guy straight up tell me "Man, you won that game for us" over voice chat. It's not all bad.

KarmaCow

If you're forced to be a healer in a group that refuses to pick a healer, always pick Lucio. If they aren't willing to pick healer, they're certainly not going to be aware enough to protect you. At least with Lucio you have some survivability.

Omg the matchmaking tonight is unreal, teams aren't even making it out the bloody door... and if you do the other team basically circle teabags your face for even trying.

But hey keep picking snipers guys it's working /facepalm

I have a feeling numbers will be dropping pretty hard I can't see solo players putting up with this much longer.

Kinsei

Banned

That sucks. If someone ends up going support I always upvote them at the end no matter what (unless I'm also up there and get 4 or more votes). If they really had such a problem with you then one of them should have switched to a healer in order to help out the team.

legbone

I mean I'm pretty much the same as you. I thought I was going to regret buying this actually. I only bought it because of how cool the characters were and how much I loved the animated shorts they released in the lead up to the launch. Rather than sucking at shooters I just almost never play them, let alone online ones. But I love this, it's digital crack, I can't stop playing or thinking about playing.

yeah, i'm in love with the character design and have been watching the shorts and reading the comics. anyway, i'm off to eat. will check in later. btw, is the ps4 database in the op locked or can you just add you info? i took a look at it and it shows a lock on the tabs or something. if i buy the game i will definitely want to add my name there.

KarmaCow

Yeah you can't convince me that widowmaker won't be hit by the hammer hard in the near future.

They've already said that she's being looked into, most guesses are changing the charge speed because it's ridiculously fast right now for how much damage it does on even body shots.

Also it's worth mentioning that even though you need to be online and signed into PSN, you can play custom games against A.I bots (even bots on your own team). No human interaction required.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Rofl, someone just accused me of hacking because I hit them with an icecicle as mei while they were in the air as pharah.

KyleP29

If you're forced to be a healer in a group that refuses to pick a healer, always pick Lucio. If they aren't willing to pick healer, they're certainly not going to be aware enough to protect you. At least with Lucio you have some survivability.

I generally do go Lucio for maps with payload as i can use it for cover and heal any damage taken pretty quick while healing the group... but ive never gotten the hang of him in open control points in KotH so I tend to go Mercy, and in this instance hang back behind the line healing as they hopefully push to the point... plus the quick revives can come in handy when your team gets wiped out to prevent a capture.

DrArchon

Finally got the Overwhelming Power achievement with Zarya. It's amazing how much power you can get from just one Genji that no one on your team can hit properly. That sneaky bastard. At least he can't deflect Zarya's beam, but that's not worth a lot when you can't get a bead on him.

Now I need to get that achievement for grabbing a whole group with her ult, which I figure shouldn't be too hard.

BigDug13

They've already said that she's being looked into, most guesses are changing the charge speed because it's ridiculously fast right now for how much damage it does on even body shots.

They could shrink the mag too. As in make each shot take 10 rounds instead of 3 or whatever. Also Give the gun some recoil.

TirMcGrey

Rofl, someone just accused me of hacking because I hit them with an icecicle as mei while they were in the air as pharah.

I've had a few tossed my way as a Reaper downing an airborne Pharah when they were next to a platform I could teleport to. Is it really not that known that reaper can RP up stuff?

Also, account verified, hi GAF~

Redmoon

They could shrink the mag too. As in make each shot take 10 rounds instead of 3 or whatever. Also Give the gun some recoil.

10 seems a bit overkill. 5 or 6 would seem more appropriate if they took that route.

But yeah I see her getting nerfed on pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom