• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Roadhog's hook cooldown at 6s with that range and his given DPS is ridiculous. That said my only nerf suggestion is make it 8s.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I thoguht the achievement for killing 20 people without dying would be easier with Torbjörn, turns out I actually got it with D.va :D

OSH4zSg.jpg

Nice job. I got mine with Torb... >_>

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
You start spectating a friend's game and giving them information to give a big edge. Oh, they have a bastion at XYZ location. Teleporter just popped up? Reinhardt has ult? It opens the possibility of a huge unfair advantage.

compared to spectating a friends game and potentially autojoining the enemy team?

Roadhog's hook cooldown at 6s with that range and his given DPS is ridiculous. That said my only nerf suggestion is make it 8s.

Good news, it is 8 seconds. edit: whelp, maybe I am wrong and it is 6s lol

compared to spectating a friends game and potentially autojoining the enemy team?

Sure the potential is there. But it's far less likely to happen than if you could do on demand spectating.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
They're dual-casting separate brackets aren't they?

JoshOG is LG vs C9 at the moment.

Gosu is Liquid vs Splyce.

You're right about the quality though. JoshOG looks a bit crap....

Are they? oh okay.

Btw. dual casting sucks...

You start spectating a friend's game and giving them information to give a big edge. Oh, they have a bastion at XYZ location. Teleporter just popped up? Reinhardt has ult? It opens the possibility of a huge unfair advantage.
Yes, but if you're spectating a friend's game why would Blizzard allow you to see what the enemy team is doing? That wouldn't make much sense. If we join a friend's game we can see what they are doing and cycle between their teammates until a spot is open. How would a spectate option be any different than that, or the death spectating we have now?

Yes, but if you're spectating a friend's game why would Blizzard allow you to see what the enemy team is doing? That wouldn't make much sense. If we join a friend's game we can see what they are doing and cycle between their teammates until a spot is open. How would a spectate option be any different than that, or the death spectating we have now?

Except spectate lets you see both sides, see the tournaments for proof. When you join a game that is full, you're not really spectating, you're more or less in queue to get into the game. If you're asking why don't they let you do that when you want, that's a different question I think.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Wait, so why did that team win as soon as they took the second to last payload point?

Competitive has a progression relative to time thing going in payload iirc. Don't have to make it to the final point to win.

Edit: Ah, Stopwatch is the word I was looking for.

Redmoon

I feel like Stopwatch rules for determining the winners of a tie is better than the coin flip system they have currently. But thats just me.

Any second opinions on this? I like the higher speed.

You can absolutely have your sensitivity higher if you want it to be, but turn it up in the game or using dpi settings, not Windows. As I explained to the other guy that asked, having it set to something other than the middle notch in the control panel will cause your pointer to move at a slightly different speed based on whether you're aiming up/down or left/right.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Yeah I think I was wrong, already edited the other post. I think I was considering the time of the hook travel time or something.

I'm not really thinking roadhog needs a nerf though.
I think the idea is the hook doesn't go on CD until it's fully retracted, so the CD is more like 2+6s.
My issue mostly stems from solo pub experiences as I'll likely end up being the only one shooting him down at times, he'll try to hook me and I'll avoid or be just out of range, as he's near death he'll self heal and I'll try to bring him back down only his hook is back up again and this time he gets me given the range of the hook and how he can hang around corners it can be tricky to deal with in certain areas.

duckroll

If the characters in Overwatch aren't all heroes, how are the team match ups justified in the deep story canon? Why would Tracer and Winston be fighting alongside Reaper and Widowmaker? Do questions like this keep you up at night?

SeanR1221

Had a monster king of the hill game with Winston the other day. 41 eliminations! I hope people were screaming fuck that gorilla

If the characters in Overwatch aren't all heroes, how are the team match ups justified in the deep story canon? Why would Tracer and Winston be fighting alongside Reaper and Widowmaker? Do questions like this keep you up at night?

Because fuck the red team

Redmoon

It's pretty much everyone. Blizzard going for the coin flip is dumb.

Are they considering Stopwatch? Or any reason why they didn't go with it in the first place?

I mean even the previous KOTH map for a tie breaker is better than the coin. (I think thats what it was previously)

DarkKyo

You can say the same thing about any team game with lore that has factions. Radiant and Dire heroes in Dota fight alongside each other all the damn time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom