• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
oPNhbHA.jpg

I got a new record for fastest time winning a match.

Ketch

My apologies, I should have been more clear in that I have on multiple occasions explained to her in a perfectly calm fashion the importance of contesting the point on overtime, yet she remains stubborn. I believe it may boil down to the age old battle of chromosomes in the end... Or to put it simply, our releationship is perfectly fine and steady but this game makes us both competitive as hell :p

Yea.... That's still not a reason to yell and bang on shit.

My level 100 report card:

List of my exotic non-pre-order skins:

Genji - Nomad
Junkrat - Scarecrow
Symmetra - Vishkar (Bought)
Torbjorn - Chopper
Torbjorn - Blackbear
Widowmaker - Comtesse
Zenyatta - Djinnyatta (Bought)

Currently sitting at 930c so I'll have another exotic skin pretty soon here. Been getting a lot of duplicates in boxes lately, so money is coming in faster.

Not sure which exotic skin I want to buy next, though.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Was the enemy team afk?

No just extremely uncoordinated.

We took the first point by just sneaking around while they were fighting at the underpass, they never attempted to contest.

Then we just ran to the second point and used all of our ults that we had earned from the first part.

Canucked

One hero gimmick teams are ALL the rage today on the playstation version. Symmetra, Zarya, Mercy, and of course Torb.

Stop succumbing to the flashing character icon during select screen! That guy doesn't care about your team! He just wants to laugh at six Winstons!

Baliis

No just extremely uncoordinated.

We took the first point by just sneaking around while they were fighting at the underpass, they never attempted to contest.

Then we just ran to the second point and used all of our ults that we had earned from the first part.

Had a match like this once where 5 of us went around the side and capped the point then just rolled onto point B and capped it, was the easiest match ever.

RemiLP

Whats your thoughts on the balance between attack and defend?

From my point of view, as a solo player on console, defence is much easyer. I almost always win on defence, but lose much more that i win on attack.

I feel like you dont need much teamwork to set up a good defence at a choke point, but to be able to break through a choke point takes much more team effort.

Ramirez

Is Blizzard aware of this? I have no idea how he got in there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfFRoAF-iZI

Had some decent games tonight on EU PC, either a fluke or maybe people are finally starting to get the hang of this game...but... yeah theres always a "but". I love playing with my GF, shes not the best player yet she does alright in fps games and in Overwatch she likes to play Pharah, S76, Hanzo and Widowmaker with the occasional dabble to Mercy / Reinhardt if the team is really desperate. When shes playing Hanzo or Widowmaker she won't however contest the point on overtime to try and buy the rest of the team that extra few seconds to get in there which is at times infuriating as hell.

Tonight I again found myself raising my voice at her, telling her "get on the point! get on the point! get on the point!!!" and she shouts back at me saying "whats the fucking point ? they'll just take me out!?". Yea true but she doesn't appear to understand the importance of the few seconds she could be buying the team. At this point I hammered the desk with my fist and said "I've been playing these sort of games for almost 15 years! ( Battlefields, TF2, CoD's etc. ) so stop questioning my logic! I know my shit I know what I'm talking about!".. Am I taking the game too seriously or is she just being a noob ? :p

Needless to say, some silent treatment followed but if theres a better player in the end of it somewhere, I consider it a job well done.

lol, are you fuckin' serious right now? You just shook your e-peen at your own girlfriend, amazing.

ito007

Whats your thoughts on the balance between attack and defend?

From my point of view, as a solo player on console, defence is much easyer. I almost always win on defence, but lose much more that i win on attack.

I feel like you dont need much teamwork to set up a good defence at a choke point, but to be able to break through a choke point takes much more team effort.
Losing on defense can be somewhat disappointing. But constantly trying to push on attack and never succeeding is just downright painful. I don't see a lot of nasty comments, but when I do, it's always on attack.

Sonow that I'm level 25 on main acc, do I have to delete and reinstall or do I have to rank up on the PTR server?

PTR doesn't carry to the official server. it's just testing. it installs as two different games and doesn't use the same servers. you can switch off on the b.net launcher without it messing your main acc.

Dragner

I really like double tank on attack. A reindhart and a secondary tank like Dva or Zarya. My winrate with that setup is really good.

Also there are maps easier on attack. Mumbani is way easier as attacker for example.

OVDRobo

Jeff Kaplan just posted on reddit saying that they are reducing the damage of Torbjörn's turret by 30% on Xbox One and PS4 in an upcoming patch. PC will remain unchanged.
ETA on that patch release is mid to late July depending on 1st party certification times.

Link to his post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/...n_is_utterly_ruining_this_game_on_ps4/d4nz83p

Wow. Can't say it's uncalled for, especially with the extent to which people have started to abuse those things.

Even counter-picking with characters like Pharah, it takes 2-3 direct rocket hits to the damn things to end them and by that time you've lost a significant portion of health even if you're being smart and just peeking at them. Once you've ran off to get a health pickup, the turret's back, if you even make it that far before getting ambushed by a team.

Obviously the ideal would be to use teamwork, but that's just not going to happen on the console versions of this game. I still end up playing support around 65% of the time because no-one else will

I'd like to see them possibly be a bit less psychic and auto-aim capable as well, even if it meant increasing the damage back up a bit, but beggars can't be choosers, I guess.

Vestal

Jeff Kaplan just posted on reddit saying that they are reducing the damage of Torbjörn's turret by 30% on Xbox One and PS4 in an upcoming patch. PC will remain unchanged.
ETA on that patch release is mid to late July depending on 1st party certification times.

Link to his post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/...n_is_utterly_ruining_this_game_on_ps4/d4nz83p

instead of doing that they should reduce either the fire rate or target acquisition rate across all platforms, that imo would make it balanced.

Link to his post:

Don't think it'll make much difference against full stacks and/or with uncoordinated teams, to be honest. It'll just make dealing with having an attack Torbjorn on your own team that much more of a headache

the fuck? not sure how I feel about that Torb nerf. Why not just reduce the turrets range? Thirty percent, that seems like a bit much. He'll become useless most likely.

Don't think it'll make much difference against full stacks and/or with uncoordinated teams, to be honest. It'll just make dealing with having an attack Torbjorn on your own team that much more of a headache

If a 30% damage reduction doesn't make him irrelevant on console, the current situation must be dire.

Link to his post:

Lol hes dead now

oPNhbHA.jpg

I got a new record for fastest time winning a match.

And here i thought my 1:33 on Volskaya was really good

Is Blizzard aware of this? I have no idea how he got in there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfFRoAF-iZI

I like how it just cuts off when he says "Pain"

hydruxo

Their problem is the range and the turnrate

This doesnt do anything about that except make having only one of them weaker

It allows you to tank more damage while trying to take them out, and giving you more time to peak around and get shots in

The time it takes to kill is significantly increased, so even the weaker counters like Winston become super strong against turrets at that point. The target still gets hit early but they have more time to react and taking out a turret is easier because there is less damage to tank.

Yeah, the turrets have much better aim, awareness, and range than most console players and guns. With a coordinated team they're not a problem but in pubs and without communication they are, and those people are probably where the outcry for Tor nerfs are loudest.

KyleP29

Link to his post:

I would have rather seen adjustments to range and target acquisition instead... but i guess its something.

If its enough to encourage people to move towards other characters instead of stacking torbs for an easy win then i will say i'll be happy with the changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom