• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost23

Kinda annoying that the golden weapons aren't really rewarding skill like they said- it's rewarding playing the game a lot.

Also, competitive mode is coming to consoles in June not July right? Basically a deciding factor whether I play the game or not for the next month.

NHL94

Banned
I guess the new shit talk thing is to bring up Win Rate? Just had someone bring up my 40% rate, I told them to check the rest of the stats as well and they didnt say anything else.

Kinda annoying that the golden weapons aren't really rewarding skill like they said- it's rewarding playing the game a lot.

Also, competitive mode is coming to consoles in June not July right? Basically a deciding factor whether I play the game or not for the next month.
Ranked should be coming within the next week.

I guess the new shit talk thing is to bring up Win Rate? Just had someone bring up my 40% rate, I told them to check the rest of the stats as well and they didnt say anything else.

Why does it even matter to them how good you are at a video game? Were they 12?

I don't see why people are freaking out over his nerf. Now his turret is going to be like symm's where it's only effective when you have people shooting with it and help you figure out where people are. It's still going to annoy the enemy team and its still going to distract them, it's just not going to be the killing machine that it currently is.
Because right now the turret is almost as powerful as another player, and that shouldn't be the case.

What would you guys say counters Zarya? Went against a team with two of them and really couldn't do fuck all with all the shields that were going around.
There's no one clean counter. You just have to bait her into using her shield. But Bastion, Reaper, Soldier, Junkrat, etc. can burst her down. And it's hard for her to fight Pharah.

I don't see why people are freaking out over his nerf. Now his turret is going to be like symm's where it's only effective when you have people shooting with it and help you figure out where people are. It's still going to annoy the enemy team and its still going to distract them, it's just not going to be the killing machine that it currently is.
Because right now the turret is almost as powerful as another player, and that shouldn't be the case.

Uh this nerf is for console only, where Torb is a serious problem because playing an FPS on a controller is horrid. He's unchanged on the PC version.

There's no one clean counter. You just have to bait her into using her shield. But Bastion, Reaper, Soldier, Junkrat, etc. can burst her down. And it's hard for her to fight Pharah.

The shield makes her so tricky. It's the difference between walking over her, or having her batter down half of your team.

Apathy

they need to make it so you can skip potg and for people to go to their stats. People want that and stick around then go to the next game and then leave. It's annoying starting a new map with a bunch of people leaving, just let people skip it to stats and they can leave sooner

The shield makes her so tricky. It's the difference between walking over her, or having her batter down half of your team.

I stopped worrying about pumping her up if shes normal or blue, if shes red then I won't pop it. Otherwise it's faster to 2 nade pop her shield and start on her actual health.

Satch

Banned
Mei is such fucking cancer, i cant even play zarya if shes on my team because in the most critical moment she will ruin everything

Alucrid

Banned
that awkward moment when both tanks overextend

ASq72Er.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Mei is such fucking cancer, i cant even play zarya if shes on my team because in the most critical moment she will ruin everything

And then the enemy mei blocks your wombo combo also.

Can't count how many times I've blocked the enemies' wombo combo with just ice wall. Unless they have a hanzo or junkrat. But nobody else is going to do shit about that. Except maybe zen for hanzo.

Today in Overwatch Tales: I experienced a match where I, as Reinhardt, was bopped into the air by Pharah's push missle, right while trying to charge into a Junkrat.

Fortunately, Junkrat used concussion mine to boost into the air, leading to me crushing him against a second story window. Was quite something.
that awkward moment when both tanks overextend

ASq72Er.gif

lmao

I don't think I've ever seen that happen before, kinda shocked.

Satch

Banned
And then the enemy mei blocks your wombo combo also.

Can't count how many times I've blocked the enemies' wombo combo with just ice wall. Unless they have a hanzo or junkrat. But nobody else is going to do shit about that. Except maybe zen for hanzo.
I dont play zarya against mei lol

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I was dva with this zarya, she ults, I ult and I thought I will finally get my 4 team kill. Enemy mei dropped a wall and blocked it. Can't even be mad.

Apharmd

A patch came out?

apparently yeah, patch notes were talking about torbjorn nerf

also man fuck this game, i just fucking lost five times in a row, all three i kept calling for people to use mikes and met with silence, what the fuck is the point of playing to get better if i'm just going to deal with people who don't give a shit

apparently yeah, patch notes were talking about torbjorn nerf

also man fuck this game, i just fucking lost five times in a row, all three i kept calling for people to use mikes and met with silence, what the fuck is the point of playing to get better if i'm just going to deal with people who don't give a shit

I think the torbjorn nerf (for consoles only) isn't coming for a bit.

It was likely a smaller patch, perhaps nothing you'll notice much on your end as a user.

Rizzi

Greeeeeat, thanks Blizzard. Still getting shoved on to the US servers and now I've got a penalty for leaving games early. No shit I left games early when I get 300 fucking ping.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
It's so fun being secondary support on Lucio focusing on speed boost while Mercy heals. It's even more fun when I can help create a Turbo Roadhog. <3

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Torb nerf is needed on console though I think that will gut him a bit too much and make him pretty useless, kind of a shame. A single torb is already managable, on console it's just >2 where it gets stupid.

I'm also in the group that thinks stacking doesn't really work out. The times it comes into play are generally the only time I don't actually have fun with the game. I'd rather they just make 1 hero standard so they don't have to nerf things based off them being too strong in piles.

patchday

yeah Zarya is a lot of fun to play. so satisfying. Just saw someone running around with Zarya's goth outfit. makes me sad- I have that unlocked on PS4 but not on PC (which is the platform I actually play)

500 games played in quick play. What a journey. Definitely my most played game in years. Not sure if I want to push to 100 or get some PTR matches in.

24 hours on tank.
18 on offense.
16 on support.
2 on defense. Need to play more for sure, lol.

abundant

Uh this nerf is for console only, where Torb is a serious problem because playing an FPS on a controller is horrid. He's unchanged on the PC version.
Again, a single Torb has never been the problem on consoles. It is easy to manage. Torb becomes a problem when stacked. This nerf may fix this issue, it may not fix it. What we do know is that it makes Torb a worthless pick unless stacked.

The entire reason why they dropped the dmg was because of the stacking Torbjorn thing on consoles. Blizzard clearly wants hero stacking to be a viable thing in the game for now, so until some results come back it'll have to do as a band-aid for consoles.

The thing is, I don't know how much this fixes anything for stacking.

The problem with Torb was/is primarily the snap-track range of the turret and stacking multiple turrets together.

This lowers the damage output, sure. But if you have five or six turrets that are still all snap-tracking, fixed easily via Molten Core and have very little cooldown, is it really going to make that much of a difference?

It seems like it potentially might make Torb a little less viable for stacks, and outright useless for solos. Whoopie.

The thing is, I don't know how much this fixes anything for stacking.

The problem with Torb was/is primarily the snap-track range of the turret and stacking multiple turrets together.

This lowers the damage output, sure. But if you have five or six turrets that are still all snap-tracking, fixed easily via Molten Core and have very little cooldown, is it really going to make that much of a difference?

It seems like it potentially might make Torb a little less viable for stacks, and outright useless for solos. Whoopie.

Only people that seems to be hurt are people that like to play Torbjorn but didn't go for wacky stacks :/

R0ckman

I would love skill based rewards but I'm assuming they are trying to keep casuals invested as long as possible.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Nothing like being in the middle of a firefight with someone, seeing them going for a healthpack when they're low on health, and then beating them there and taking the heathpack right in front of their face

And then finishing them off
image.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom