• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Second game in a row, disconnect and stuck at "Connecting to battle.net". No one else is seeing this on NA? It says "unable to authenticate".

Firestorm

But what about playing with friends though? I have really bad experiences with randoms on PC too, but whenever I group up with 2 or more friends, it no longer becomes a problem. If at least half the team knows each other, it makes no sense that there would be no communication, even without voicechat I would assume friends know what to expect from each other... Why would this be different on console?

I usually try to get at least four. 5 - 6 is maximum fun. 4 is really fun. 3 is enjoyable though somewhat hit or miss. Group of 2 or alone is awful.

For console the issue is apparently turn speed which makes sense. Torb's turrets are insta-lock and a control stick does not let you turn/aim quickly enough to take it down.

I managed to get another Legendary card today, which is crazy considering I've only ever seen three of them.

bqiaExY.jpg

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Second game in a row, disconnect and stuck at "Connecting to battle.net". No one else is seeing this on NA? It says "unable to authenticate".

Didn't disconnect but I thought I might for a sec last match.

Also, got a card for 25% resurrections of deaths on a payload mission. Not sure if that's a good thing...

duckroll

Wait, I'm going to sound like a really lame noob for saying this but... you can vote on player cards on the other team? I always only vote for a teammate because I thought that's how it works. The way the numbers usually tally I've never seen a player card get more than 6 votes... >_<

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Wait, I'm going to sound like a really lame noob for saying this but... you can vote on player cards on the other team? I always only vote for a teammate because I thought that's how it works. The way the numbers usually tally I've never seen a player card get more than 6 votes... >_<
Yes, people usually don't vote for the person that kept killing them
Like I'd never vote for an enemy widow I think. Fuck widows.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism

Yup. It's a nice touch, and feels great when even the other team acknowledges you did a good job. =)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Argh, fuck this, hopefully blizzard sorts out the servers issue soon because playing in 200 ping is not fun.

They either need to scale up their servers in australia or at least let us queue into them.

I always do. It seems odd not to "reward" (or at least recognize) when someone did good. It's weird when people vote along team lines exclusively. It feels like they don't get it.

peakish

I always do. It seems odd not to "reward" (or at least recognize) when someone did good. It's weird when people vote along team lines exclusively. It feels like they don't get it.
Yup, if I get shutdown hard by an enemy player I'll happily credit them with a vote or in chat. I think it's even weirder to vote for yourself though since the system isn't really voting but giving the thumbs up to someone ...

meshwork

Most people I know in EU barely play or stopped completely, including myself to be fair. Welp :/

This happens with every game on GAF. You have the flavour-of-the-month players who move on to the next game within the first few months and then you have the players looking for their next addiction who will keep playing for years. I had like 40 people from GAF added for BF4, but only about 6 of those actually played after a few months.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
This happens with every game on GAF. You have the flavour-of-the-month players who move on to the next game within the first few months and then you have the players looking for their next addiction who will keep playing for years. I had like 40 people from GAF added for BF4, but only about 6 of those actually played after a few months.

Pretty much this. A lot of folks here are nomadic in what they play. It'll be interesting to see whose still posting regularly here come Christmas.

Rad-

Most people I know in EU barely play or stopped completely, including myself to be fair. Welp :/

Yep this has happened on PS4. I mostly just play this with US gaffers now but that means I have to play during night and my ping is probably like 200-250. I don't even remember the last time I got a full group of just EU players.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Yup, if I get shutdown hard by an enemy player I'll happily credit them with a vote or in chat. I think it's even weirder to vote for yourself though since the system isn't really voting but giving the thumbs up to someone ...
On occasion I'll vote for an opponent, but I did say widow.

I always feel bad when I join a friends game and everyone in the game other than me (i'm at 63) is at 10 and they just stomp me (i play zenyatta almost exclusively)

Yikes, lotta shoddy games on PTR tonight. Pulled a team from certain defeat with Zarya and then with Junkrat, not enough to win the tiebreaker though. Then on another game, the team basically gave up 75% through the 1st map and our healer swapped off. I probably shoulda just messed around instead of going Lucio it was clear nobody was trying :(

At the very least I'll probably stop caring about my competitive rank and just start having fun, but man, these guys get salty over their non-final comp rankings :|

Oh we're in community now o_O

I wouldn't either, which is why I was so surprised when everyone voted for me. If I'm going to vote for someone on the other team it's usually going to be a tank or support.

Wimps

When does ranked matches become officially added?
Should be added this week.

Been kicking ass with Mercy ever since I got Valkyrie. That DPS boost can be crazy if used on the right characters. If there's a Pharah on my team I keep a close eye on him and fly whenever she does. Offensive assists ftw.

Sorral

I'm rather glad that Torb is getting a nerf on consoles.

Really tired of having to play counters all the time when I play solo especially against stacked Torbs, so maybe people will stop spamming that shit now. He may not be an issue on PC, but he definitely is on consoles.

I don't really have the luxury to wait for my friends to get on and play with them all the time these days. Sometimes, I just want to play a few matches and unwind a bit, which has been good lately because I'm getting a lot more people that seem to know what they are doing or actually pick tank or support from the start.

Inumbris

I managed to get another Legendary card today, which is crazy considering I've only ever seen three of them.

Wow that is crazy. Judging by most of my games, I would have thought that you would have got 5 or 6 votes and that the enemy Mercy would have also got 5 or 6.

Apt101

That torb nerf is going to be huge. His turret will basically be a mosquito now.

What it really does is give someone 30% more time to target it and at least get some hits in, if not race it to zero.

So what is the problem with it on consoles? Just more difficult for players to get a bead on it and engage with a controller? The lack of good communication with so many players not having mics? A little column A, lil' column B.

Do any people here ever form groups and chat together when playing? I've only played with randoms so far, and nobody ever talks. It'd be nice to be able to have some banter and a good laugh while playing.

benzopil

If competitive won't be available on PS4 at the same time as PC I think I'll stop playing. I thought with Overwatch Blizzard has it's big console release and will support all platforms, that's why I bought it on PS4 (since I don't have a PC), learned how to play with different heroes, became pretty good with some of them and was very enthusiastic about competitive mode.

But seeing how the only thing we know about console is Torb nerf which will be available God knows when... Why don't they tell us about McCree and Widow? Or anything else besides Torb? Why even bother to release this game on consoles...

If PS4 will receive competitive "at a later date", I'll probably just watch Seagull streams and stop playing on PS4. I love this game to pieces but Blizzard's support is very bad at this point.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Nerf 30% damage on the Turret...

I would rather take reduction in radius and auto-lock delay of say 2 seconds than that

KOTH Torb was a fun pick
I almost became semi-support by throwing out so many armor packs

Also it kept those Tracers and Lucio wall riders who just prolonged capping at bay
Now watch people ask for Tracer nerfs because at least the Turrets kept her at bay, away from right out flanking

This game is just getting butchered for the wrong reasons
Im guessing Overwatch a year from now for console will differ by a whole lot from PC
Where everything is nerfed beyond existence:

Tracer can use her blink once every 3 seconds, so delay
Reaper loses one shotgun
Pharah jet pack overheats and causes damage to herself if she stays up to long, -25 health pee tick
Roadhog hook reach decreased by 50%
Zenyatta health now 100
Mercy Ult rate decreased 40%
Reinhardt shield can be destroyed faster if 3+ players shoot at the same time, more hits from enemy at higher count, burn rate of shield increases to a 4x multiplier
Winston jumping nerfed by 50%
Zarya bubbles convert only 25% of damage
Soldier76 loses sprint ability, replaced by "Skipping", can move forward faster by skipping but only 5 meters every 5 seconds
etc.

Son Of D

Yup. It's a nice touch, and feels great when even the other team acknowledges you did a good job. =)

Yeah. Getting a Legendary vote as a Lucio for healing is nice. Although most of the time whenever there's only 1 Red card I notice their team all vote for that one card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom