• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Stop using the kill cam as proof of anything, it is highly innacurate. I saw someone take a Rein fire blast to the face and die on a stream, then the kill cam shows the fire blast completely miss. There's a reason why a lot of people turn off the kill cams.

The kill cam appears to be what the server saw and is more accurate than what you see, at least that's my experience.

legbone

ok, i'm picking it up on ps4. hell, i've bought so many single player games that i haven't finished (my pile of shame is ridiculous), what's the worst that can happen, dying before playing it? well, time to start downloading. probably won't be able to play anything but the tutorial and practice before bed but i'm off all weekend so there's that. anyway, see you guys online someday hopefully.

and how do i get added to the gaf database? is it just open like the division one?

Satch

Banned
zarya saved me from tracer's bomb with her shield WOW
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png

edit: i think this guy only plays zarya, hes played her every game we've been in

ramyeon

ok, i'm picking it up on ps4. hell, i've bought so many single player games that i haven't finished (my pile of shame is ridiculous), what's the worst that can happen, dying before playing it? well, time to start downloading. probably won't be able to play anything but the tutorial and practice before bed but i'm off all weekend so there's that. anyway, see you guys online someday hopefully.

and how do i get added to the gaf database? is it just open like the division one?
You made the right choice. Welcome aboard.

legbone

You made the right choice. Welcome aboard.

thanks. just added myself to the database. going to buy and start downloading now. knowing my internet connection with the ps4 wireless it should be done sometime while i'm sleeping tonight (damn work always interfering with my gaming).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
FWIW unless you're trying to be pro mlg widow I don't think you have to be that great at shooters to play quite a number of characters in this game.

Kinsei

Banned

It runs great on PS4 so you should have a great time. Feel free to add me if you plan on playing between 6EST and 2EST. PSN: Kinsei1

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The kill cam appears to be what the server saw and is more accurate than what you see, at least that's my experience.

Its more accurate than taking the blast to the face and then showing it didnt land?

Im not saying there's not 20 tick fuckery going on (although most people taliing about it dont actually know what they are talking about, they just heard tickrate on the internet and now use that for everything) or server lag issues, but those kill cams are straight shit.

redhot_

ok dammit, someone convince me to buy this game. i suck at online shooters. except for mag. i got pretty mediocre at that one after 100's of hours. but i'm jealous of all the fun you guys seem to be having. will be picking it up on ps4. i played the beta and pretty much had no fucking clue what i was doing, was getting slaughtered by mei's everytime i turned around and couldn't hit shit. but i've been thinking, it took me forever to learn the maps in mag. i figure if i just put the time in i will get at least good enough to not suck completely and get yelled at. anyway, sorry about the usual "should i or shouldn't i buy this game post" but i usually don't do it. i usually can make up my mind pretty quick whether or not to buy. oh, and there are no physical copies in my area at this time (would have to drive 30 minutes at least) so i will be going digital. so no selling it back to gamestop (i don't by used unless i have to). sorry for such a long post but hopefully someone will read this and assure me that i won't get made fun of and i will have fun sucking. thanks in advance (more than likely by the time someone responds i will be foolishly downloading just to regret it later this evening).

edit: by the way, i usually go single player in my games (im old and from the times before internet in the home let alone broadband) but i fell in love with socom and mag. mostly because in mag i could heal folks and help my team. after a while i got good at killing.

Don't worry, so many characters require very little aiming skill. Just point in a direction and win most of the time.

legbone

wow, it's only 7.5 gigs? should be up and running in less than an hour. unless it's like everything else and has a huge update, etc. anyway my psn id is legbone, just like my gaf name. feel free to add but don't be surprised if you don't see me a whole bunch. my work schedule is subject to change at any moment.

ramyeon

wow, it's only 7.5 gigs? should be up and running in less than an hour. unless it's like everything else and has a huge update, etc. anyway my psn id is legbone, just like my gaf name. feel free to add but don't be surprised if you don't see me a whole bunch. my work schedule is subject to change at any moment.
There is a huge update, it was about 10GB I think.

Kinsei

Banned

There was a 10 GB update when I first got it and there has been a patch since then. It's gonna be a while.

ExVicis

I don't know if it was because the enemy team was better or we, but I just played a game where I couldn't do a goddamn thing. We were doing so bad Bastion didn't even bother hitting shift. He just ran around and shot us in his mobile form. In fact I think the last time I saw him in shift form our Pharah was doing her goddamn ult right in front of him.

I just don't know anymore. That match really sapped me of the ability to believe in people finally knowing how to play this game.

ElyrionX

Have not been playing well so I've been on a losing streak but last night I was hoping the game would throw me a bone and give me some decent teammates that would carry lol. But nope, I keep getting on teams that would have a guy leave in the middle of a round, making it 5v6 for half the match.

And then other games, my team would be so poorly coordinated, we can't even take point A on Hanamura or Volskaya. When the game switches around, we get steamrolled by the same team when we are on defense. I mean, come the fuck on, how are the teams even remotely balanced?

patchday

Same with Tracer, I can't count the times I've ported away only to die where I was with the kill cam showing I never ported at all. Overwatch cannot be a serious shooter with such issues IMO.

what is your ping? cant expect devs to take posts like this seriously w/o video and stats monitor running showing the ping at all times

Tabby

Guys I need help deciding, Gundam Pharah or Thunderbird? I really like Gundam Pharah but shooting arrows sounds nice.

DrArchon

Match making seems really fucked up on PC this night. Last couple of matches I was getting paired with guys that had levels close to 100 who were godlike, but then I starting getting paired with guys around lvl 5 who are total dogshit. There's no real consistency to what hidden MMRs the game decides to pair you up with it seems.

Also, it's taking around a minute to find each match even though the game "predicts" it should take around 7 seconds to find a match. It's very frustrating.

So when you switch between characters during a match, do all characters get the credit for win/loss in the same amount? Even if you play as one more than the other?

Mr_Moogle

The Overwatch community is awful... Join a lobby in progress see they have no healer and decide to go Mercy... not the greatest healer but whatever try to help and get it to a 3rd round. Game finishes and i get 2 messages from teammates complaining i died to much.....

I mean im not the greatest at support but the post game cards did say i healed 28% of team damage, also had some good revives... Are you really going to blame me for letting the other team flank you all game to kill you and your healer from behind over and over.

I guess i should just went attack and joined them on their elimination hunt instead.

Most online communities are like this though. You need to play with a group of friends. The game is so much more fun when you have a reliable group of people who know what they are doing. Playing with strangers all the time is a sure fire way to get frustrated. People don't understand the nuances of the class system.

aloeh

Neo Member
I love the widowmaker, I bought this game because of she, but when the team needs other character I change. Dunno why people don't.

Satch

Banned
the Jackal stans were right, that skin is so pretty

Anubis lost

edit: ugh i only have 4 skins left before i have all of pharahs

Played a match on Gibraltar where we got the payload to the second checkpoint (the marker went red and everything) but the gate never opened and it never gave us a time extension. We were literally just sitting on the payload and it wouldn't move forward. Blizzard inventing new ways to make me mad.

Mr_Moogle

I was a huge fan of TF2 but I think I enjoy the classes in OW more. I don't feel so annoyed when I need to change my class mid-game. When i played TF2 I would generally get annoyed when I had to switch away from my two faves Pyro/Engineer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom