• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
which DPSers? you can't get close to her, she can wall you off, and she can heal and escape if she gets low.

at best against a decent mei 1 on 1 as soldier she's just going to escape.
If she escapes, then you no longer have to deal with her, rinse and repeat and she's never a problem. Tracer and reaper are good because they are better up close and are much more agile than Mei and Mei won't be able to escape them, and sooner or later they will take her out.

Haha... Man you hat Meis. Might as well nerf everyone into oblivion and just make it Call of Overwatch.

That thing is like the easiest thing ever to get out of. Way easier then a grav well.
Plus it takes a second or two to get started up, allowing you to escape. You have to be real tricky with her ult to be able to freeze anyone.

Apathy

what I would do for bastions to only be able to turret up on points or payloads. boy wouldn't that be something, so they could actually contribute to stopping caps instead of being on one side while the opposing team walks in the payload or caps ignoring the bastion

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
tfw when you play around on KOTH lijiang Tower so you cause your team to lose second round just so you can play a third
dUPzS6T.gif

Sou Da

For the record I dont think Mei is OP or uncountered, I can deal with an OP character. I think she's unfun to fight against and unsatisfying to kill which is something I can't say about any other hero in any version of the game.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
what I would do for bastions to only be able to turret up on points or payloads. boy wouldn't that be something, so they could actually contribute to stopping caps instead of being on one side while the opposing team walks in the payload or caps ignoring the bastion

I was literally able to cap point B on hanamura once by crouching in a corner as a bastion desperately tried to shoot me over my head.

mines dropping. at 62% ;( haven't really been playing with her.

Mine has been raising actually from below 40%, so I'm guessing that my latter half win % is between 60% to 70%.

Ramirez

I've run into very few Mei's on consoles that I would even consider a bother, much less ruining the game, lol. Lucky me I suppose. Her Armor Lock 2.0 is annoying, but eh, pretty fun to hook her/charge her immediately after it pops.

Apathy

I was literally able to cap point B on hanamura once by crouching in a corner as a bastion desperately tried to shoot me over my head.

yup, i've done that, also been on the opposite side of a payload and used it as a moving wall to win. Its amazing what must go through people's mind

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
For the record I dont think Mei is OP or uncountered, I can deal with an OP character. I think she's unfun to fight against and unsatisfying to kill which is something I can't say about any other hero in any version of the game.

i don't really think she's op...........she's just fun-destroying.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
honestly blizzard aren't like icefrog in dota or whatever, i have faith that they'll change something if they realise that it's not actually fun rather than just because their win percentage in professional matches is a little bit too high.

?

no i don't want everyone nerfed into oblivion, i just want mei to stop sucking all of the fun out of the game.
If you don't want her sucking the fun out of the game, why don't you try and counter her? I know Overwatch Central has a whole YouTube video on how to counter Mei and which characters counter her. She can't suck any fun out when you're having a blast killing her as one of her counters.

The whole point of the game is to be switching characters to adjust to the enemy team, and if you do just that, Mei won't be a problem. Like most other character in the game, she's not OP and doesn't need a nerf because she can be countered by so many things.

I've run into very few Mei's on consoles that I would even consider a bother, much less ruining the game, lol. Lucky me I suppose. Her Armor Lock 2.0 is annoying, but eh, pretty fun to hook her/charge her immediately after it pops.

Ugh... Don't remind me of the Reach days... everyone hated Armor lock. Cept me.

Either way... they aren't that annoying.

What's worse is hero stacking with 3 turrets in an area or a Widowmaker with a huge ass hit box.

Playing with Zarya so much these past few days has made me much better at killing Zarya. So satisfying to wait out her bubble and then smash shotgun shells into her.

it's kind of bullshit that you get leaver's penalty for lc-202 disconnects, considering how common they are. xp is literally the only type of progression in the game, so it's kind of killing the enjoyment for me knowing that i'm getting screwed out of loot boxes because of something i can't control.

Playing with Zarya so much these past few days has made me much better at killing Zarya. So satisfying to wait out her bubble and then smash shotgun shells into her.
I know right? Before I started playing Zarya I would always shoot her shields because I had no clue what they did. After I practiced with her a little bit, it completely changed how I approached her and made her much easier to take down.

Prelude.

There are a lot of annoying character to play against if you don't want to adapt.
Tracer basically teleporting besides you and sticking a bomb on your back is not annoying? Reaper dropping from somewhere using his ult? Lucio's "I'm shooting in front of you but you're getting pushed from the side" wave gun? Soldier's aimbot?
There are a lot of things that seem borderline broken at first, but the game has enough depth to offer a lot of ways to counter them, if you're getting that annoyed it's probably because you're not taking advantage of other possibilities.

As a frequent Mei player I love going against her with Mei, it's a battle of mind games too see who can use her abilities in the smartest way.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
People even asked zen's discord to be nerfed when I played him.

And I was like "Have you tried playing him?"

On that note though zenyetta has some of the dopest highlight intros.

cyborg009

Banned
How do people even play with MCcree? He's slow and dies quickly. The only useful thing he has is that stun ball but its range is so short.

I failed 3 times using his ultimate too....

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
when you play lucio and no one groups up with you and you're contesting the payload for 30 seconds while 3 of there guys can't kill you and when you finally die your teammates arrive even though the payload was near your spawn

She has something with Junkrat at the very least where the exchange goes something like:

Mei - I hate bullies like you
Junkrat - Oooh, you're cold

Junkrat would say that. What a jerk.
How do people even play with MCcree? He's slow and dies quickly. The only useful thing he has is that stun ball but its range is so short.

I failed 3 times using his ultimate too....

McCree is all about headshots with his default attack, alpha strikes via fan the hammer/flashbang combos, or running away with the help of his turtle-powered boots. In all other occasions, it's high noon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom