• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Your most dangerous enemies have the loudest footsteps." That's why tracer sounds like a horse...
Could be true. Because you can hear mccree's footsteps from across the map(exaggerated but you get the point). Before the nerf it caused fear and now you get ready for a free elimination.

So, I installed my 1080. Now, overwatch has a problem where the entire screen goes black, except for the HUD and few minor elements. The menu screens are normal. Anyone know how to fix this?

Sorral

Thinking of moving to PC... But I'm worried about that EU region ping though. There is probably no <100 ping servers nearby.

"Your most dangerous enemies have the loudest footsteps." That's why tracer sounds like a horse...

Oh man, that made me laugh more than I should have.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
A Hanzo just had POTG that included him shooting Roadhog in the belly twice up close.
Yesterday we pushed Numbani to the finish with five Hanzos and a Zenyatta. These things shouldn't happen but sometimes the stars just align.

Sake!
honor levels must've been at an all time high

Anyone have an tips for Pharah? I just can't do well with her. Might be since I have jump still on X? I'm guessing I might wanna switch that to a trigger?

Ramirez

Anyone have an tips for Pharah? I just can't do well with her. Might be since I have jump still on X? I'm guessing I might wanna switch that to a trigger?

L2/L on PS4/Xbox control her hover by default even though X/A works too.

Do your best to stay above everyone, only touch down when you have your boost off cooldown. Sounds easy enough, but I see tons of Pharahs roaming the ground too much.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Is there any reason to hoard gold? I have enough for a legendary skin (I want Reaper) and im wondering if I should just buy one.

Also views on best Reaper skin?

Sou Da

Could be true. Because you can hear mccree's footsteps from across the map(exaggerated but you get the point). Before the nerf it caused fear and now you get ready for a free elimination.
You should just get good instead of complaining and looking for a new easy mode hero. Cowboy up tbh.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
To play against or as?

I love playing as Mei she is one of my three mains.

image.php

why am i not shockinged.

to play against.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I do feel kinda disgusting playing mei and just freezing out someones fun in a 1v1, that small moment when they are frozen and you switch to your alternate fire and headshot them, enough time for them to realise how little fun they are having.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
she's also not fun to have on your team because her ability to fuck absolutely everything you're trying to do up with ice wall is incredible.

How about no? Maybe learn to kill her after she gets out.

I've died plenty of times coming out of my ice block.

i've never seen a mei that doesn't have an ice wall ready to go the millisecond she leaves ice block.

she's also not fun to have on your team because her ability to fuck absolutely everything you're trying to do up with ice wall is incredible.

That's bad Meis...

Good Meis don't do that or they drop it immediately when they do.

i've never seen a mei that doesn't have an ice wall ready to go the millisecond she leaves ice block.

I have. And I have also been killed before I could get it up. Sooooo. And if she does go into that shit... just move on to someone else to kill and then come back to her.

Laputa_94

Last night I had some amazing matches with some Gaffers that involved some really well timed ULTs. Here are some of those and some other videos with fellow PS4 Gaffers. My PSN is cooldude44444 if your curious if your in any of the videos.

This was my favorite match of the night where we picked all tanks with Lucio on attack which is the final stretch of is at the start of this video, followed by our turn defending against their tanks.
Overwatch Tanks descend onto Kings Row

Here is more videos from last night along with some others. (All feature fellow Gaffers)
Overwatch GAF adventures in Ilios
Overwatch GAF adventures in Lijang Tower pt. 1
Overwatch GAF adventures in Lijiang pt. 2
Overwatch GAF adventures in Nepal
Overwatch: Triple ults = quad kills
Overwatch Tried so hard and got so far but in Hollywood it doesn't even matter

KyleP29

After facing enough teams of 5-6 Torbs on console. They can go ahead and nerf his turrets by 100%.

Or, how's this for crazy, get rid of hero stacking completely.

I agree quite frustrating and boring.

Although i had a great laugh in a pub game when we ran into a 6 torb defense on kings row, Map is open enough with long sight lines that we slowly worked along and won it. Thought they would quit out having to go on attack... but i guess they thought they would get retaliation from us and instead went 6 DVa on offense...only our team didnt have any bastions or turrets so we rolled over them quite easily as they didnt change out.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah ice block is one of the most telegraphed and easy to prepare for self heals in the game.

Do you know that there's also a character who has a better self heal, a stun that can actually bring you to his zone, much more potent damage potential and is one of the bulkiest characters in the game?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
That's bad Meis...

Good Meis don't do that or they drop it immediately when they do.

it's too late to drop it when you've already thrown it in the path of my sweet-ass 6 man black hole.

Yeah ice block is one of the most telegraphed and easy to prepare for self heals in the game.

Do you know that there's also a character who has a better self heal, a stun that can actually bring you to his zone, and is one of the bulkiest characters in the game?

hmm interesting, tell me more, is that character also invulnerable during his heal and has an escape ready the moment he leaves it?

okay thanks bye.

maybe either remove ice block or make it so that she doesn't heal during it.
How about use Roadhog? He's perfect against Mei, her icicles don't do as much dps as roadhogs shotty. Is she uses iceblock, just walk up to her face and wait for her to come out, then shoot her and if you don't kill her, hook her so she can't freeze you and run away. Mei rarely kills me as Roadhog.

Sou Da

maybe either remove ice block or make it so that she doesn't heal during it.
Nah, reduce her health to 200 and change her m1 entirely. Her survivability plus her slow that turns into a hard stun is disgusting, for an ultimate blizzard is fine.

As is she's a terrible character to have in a fps, her entire loadout makes every game worse and she's not even enough of a carry to have a nerf prioritized.

R0ckman

Looks like Blizzard will be watching McCree again, Geoff replied to a topic that was logically explaining why the nerf makes him useless compared to other heroes and how the floodgates have been open for reaper flanks in pubs.

How about use Roadhog? He's perfect against Mei, her icicles don't do as much dps as roadhogs shotty. Is she uses iceblock, just walk up to her face and wait for her to come out, then shoot her and if you don't kill her, hook her so she can't freeze you and run away. Mei rarely kills me as Roadhog.

Ive taken down countless Roadhogs with Mei all alone. Not that great of a counter.

DPSers are the best against her and snipers. Tanks don't do too well against her.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Ive taken down countless Roadhogs with Mei all alone. Not that great of a counter.

DPSers are the best against her and snipers. Tanks don't do too well against her.

which DPSers? you can't get close to her, she can wall you off, and she can heal and escape if she gets low.

Yeah, but with Roadhog you can easily kill her if you have a hook available, and your self heal will work faster than Meis weapon, plus you can just heal while Mei is doing the same and blast her in the face. She can't block you with an IW very easily if you're in her face. I know Roadhog ain't the best counter, but he's a damn good one. Although tracer and reaper would probably be better for that kind of situation, I can agree with you on that.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, but with Roadhog you can easily kill her if you have a hook available, and your self heal will work faster than Meis weapon, plus you can just heal while Mei is doing the same and blast her in the face. She can't block you with an IW very easily if you're in her face. I know Roadhog ain't the best counter, but he's a damn good one. Although tracer and reaper would probably be better for that kind of situation, I can agree with you on that.

Tracer ain't that great because she dies to 1 icicle in the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom