• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
On another note though I wonder if the rise of pharah would nullify what zenyetta gained from the widow nerf. He can cut her down but in my experience a pharrah in the sky is nearly a no-go zone for zen because he is so easy to hit.

Apathy

just got a hanzo who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, finally switch off after 80% of the match spent trying to kill a pharah that he could not hit, only to go to a widow sit there scoped as a reaper killed his healer and him (took the reaper 3 shots to kill him) and at no point did he flinch from being scoped.

This is it people, this is what the overwatch community is at it's core.

Hyun Sai

On another note though I wonder if the rise of pharah would nullify what zenyetta gained from the widow nerf. He can cut her down but in my experience a pharrah in the sky is nearly a no-go zone for zen because he is so easy to hit.

I agree. Honestly, I think the combo Low health / defense + Low mobility is just bad design overall.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
just got a hanzo who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, finally switch off after 80% of the match spent trying to kill a pharah that he could not hit, only to go to a widow sit there scoped as a reaper killed his healer and him (took the reaper 3 shots to kill him) and at no point did he flinch from being scoped.

This is it people, this is what the overwatch community is at it's core.

I dont know how you cant hit people as hanzo, aim 2-3ft in any direction of their torso, sometimes you will get a random headshot out of it.

He is literally aim assisted

I would remove him and Tracer from the game

And thats just because they are annoying, i dont think either are super super powerful, just make the game less fun.

Antiwhippy

I agree. Honestly, I think the combo Low health / defense + Low mobility is just bad design overall.

He's so much fun though. :(

Ah well, for now I think he does work at the level I'm playing, but once I face pharahs that actually know how to aim I feel useless unless I have a good reinhardt with me.

Apathy

don't over extend, don;t over extend, oh god why are you so far away from the payload

*opposing team does 1-2 ults and kills my team"

goody now I can't hold them back and they get a huge push on the payload.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
This is starting to feel like League of legends, I hope there is an mmr or elo where people know what they are doing but the higher I rise the less I feel it exists

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Alright so I'm level 118 and i've never bought a single loot box. So far I've got the following legendary skin unlocks

Ra - Zenyatta (bought with coins)
Beduin - Genji
Sparrow - Genji
Firefighter - Mei
Cute eskimo girl - Mei
Scavenger - D.Va (bought with coins)
Steambot - Bastion
Nevermore - Reaper
Gambler - McCree
Valkyrie - Mercy (bought with coins)
Bloodhardt - Reinhardt (bought with coins)
Blackhardt - Reinhardt
Safari - Winston

I think i've unboxed legendary money twice I believe
I've gotten 1 duplicate legendary skin which was reaper's nevermore.

So really this seems to support my theory that on average you're going to unbox a legendary once every ten levels. That or I'm insanely lucky.

Honestly the more I play the less issues I have with the unlock system. By the time you prestige once I feel like you should have have a few things that you really want and will use.

Mr Cola

Alright so I'm level 118 and i've never bought a single loot box. So far I've got the following legendary skin unlocks

Ra - Zenyatta (bought with coins)
Beduin - Genji
Sparrow - Genji
Firefighter - Mei
Cute eskimo girl - Mei
Scavenger - D.Va (bought with coins)
Steambot - Bastion
Nevermore - Reaper
Gambler - McCree
Valkyrie - Mercy (bought with coins)
Bloodhardt - Reinhardt (bought with coins)
Blackhardt - Reinhardt
Safari - Winston

I think i've unboxed legendary money twice I believe
I've gotten 1 duplicate legendary skin which was reaper's nevermore.

So really this seems to support my theory that on average you're going to unbox a legendary once every ten levels. That or I'm insanely lucky.

Honestly the more I play the less issues I have with the unlock system. By the time you prestige once I feel like you should have have a few things that you really want and will use.

Level 40 and I have 1 which i unlocked with my coins

Hanzo does clever things sometimes. Junkrat kills that aren't the instant-detonate mine or the martyrdom don't usually feel cheap to me. I kind of think of Bastion as scenery rather than a human player.

Apathy

Every time people post salt posts about Mei the ice wall gets 10 feet higher.

does mexico pay for that too?

also my wait for matches on pc today and yesterday have been longer than average, yesterday i had a wait of 2 and a half minutes for a match at one point.

Currently as I type this I'm waiting for a a match and it took 2:14 before it got one

ramyeon

Hanzo does clever things sometimes. Junkrat kills that aren't the instant-detonate mine or the martyrdom don't usually feel cheap to me. I kind of think of Bastion as scenery rather than a human player.
More than half the times I've been killed by a Junkrat has been random grenade spams through a window or around a corner.

Hanzo gets headshots when they clearly aren't on PS4.

The Mei hate is excessive and largely unwarranted imo.

Antiwhippy

By clever things do you mean aiming a scattershot on the ground that is somehow able to OHKO me from afar?

I can deal with his dumb hitboxes but that somehow is the most infuriating thing in the game to me.

cyborg009

Banned
By clever things do you mean aiming a scattershot on the ground that is somehow able to OHKO me from afar?

I can deal with his dumb hitboxes but that somehow is the most infuriating thing in the game to me.

Hanzo OHKO me with the scatter shot when I was two inches from my spawn lol.

ISOM

I dont know how you cant hit people as hanzo, aim 2-3ft in any direction of their torso, sometimes you will get a random headshot out of it.

He is literally aim assisted

I would remove him and Tracer from the game

And thats just because they are annoying, i dont think either are super super powerful, just make the game less fun.

You should really try Hanzo as a main. The complaints about him being aim assisted that much is so overblown it is not even funny anymore. I guarantee you the people who complain about Hanzo don't play him that much. Like jesus, I could show you a match yesterday where it felt like I couldn't hit shit and I was using the same bs suggestion you were talking about.

I think it's just that every other hero, I can applaud how they killed me. Mei, no. Just no. What you did was disgusting. Stop it.

I can occasionally appreciate the skill that went into a long-range icicle, but the regular kill pattern is infuriating. The slow freeze, as you thrash around attempting to escape, or draw a bead on her, or something. Then, you're stuck, forced to watch as she waddles up in her giant parka with a little smile below her sick, dead eyes, and she sloooooooooooowly draws a bead on your head...

*shudder*

Apathy

their mercy resses on the payload just as I start my rip tire, their invulnerable time is just enough that i start it up and kill 5 of them at once.

totally saved our team

Man, after several matches of it working out well, I can't recommend enough doubling up support with Mercy and Lucio on KotH. With a good Mercy keeping us healed up, I was able to stick with the speed boost for most of the match. Having all of us zipping around the capture point was even able to beat a fairly tricky double Zarya team. Good times.

What's the deal with Tracer and Genji? From what I can see in COMPETITIVE METAGAME, Genji is a more situational but higher-impact pick, while Tracer is weaker and more consistent, but generally not favored over picking more DPS/ second tank.

Sora_N

You should really try Hanzo as a main. The complaints about him being aim assisted that much is so overblown it is not even funny anymore. I guarantee you the people who complain about Hanzo don't play him that much. Like jesus, I could show you a match yesterday where it felt like I couldn't hit shit and I was using the same bs suggestion you were talking about.

I can never aim for shit as Hanzo either. I'm bad at sniping

What's the deal with Tracer and Genji? From what I can see in COMPETITIVE METAGAME, Genji is a more situational but higher-impact pick, while Tracer is weaker and more consistent, but generally not favored over picking more DPS/ second tank.

You... seem to have their deal laid out? Tracer is an excellent harasser, but lacks the DPS to generally finish the job; against a practiced, communicative team (read: what you're going to get in competitive), her impact is thus minimized, since she can't peel people off and generally screw around as effectively. Genji's range game isn't so hot, but when he's called for, he can really put the hurt on.

maomaoIYP

ITT half the time it's either "Mei is F-tier" or "Mei needs to be nerfed". Make up your damn minds people. In the meantime I'll be here shooting an icicle into your face.

ISOM

I can never aim for shit as Hanzo either. I'm bad at sniping

For the most part, I think I'm pretty good/ok with Hanzo but that is due to him being one of my Main's and having him as the second most hours played. I can in one game have 28 elims and 10 objective kills than the next day can't hit shit. People who constantly talk about his aim assist drive me crazy because it really isn't as big as they make it out to be.

ITT half the time it's either "Mei is F-tier" or "Mei needs to be nerfed". Make up your damn minds people. In the meantime I'll be here shooting an icicle into your face.

Mei really isn't strong enough overall to be nerfed. It's annoying to be killed by, but she's not at all efficient from a pure deathmatch/ zone control perspective.

I think tracer has a lot of maps where shes not good.

I mean, Genji has that too. They're both situational characters, but people are intent on playing them at any time even if it makes no sense, like the other team having 3 tanks.

Sora_N

For the most part, I think I'm pretty good/ok with Hanzo but that is due to him being one of my Main's and having him as the second most hours played. I can in one game have 28 elims and 10 objective kills than the next day can't hit shit. People who constantly talk about his aim assist drive me crazy because it really isn't as big as they make it out to be.

What's your tip for aiming with him then? Just wondering.

ISOM

What's your tip for aiming with him then? Just wondering.

I try to anticipate the direction they are going in then aim a little farther than that. It's kind of like sniping with Widow where you use quick hand movements to snipe people you just have to try and track their movement a couple of steps ahead with Hanzo because of the travel time of the arrow.

Antiwhippy

I think there are certainly ways to make mei more viable in the pro scene and also less frustrating for certain... people. Make icicle deadlier, reduce range and stun time for her freeze ray, basically turn her into some hybrid of hanzo and mccree with an ice wall.

Ketch

I mean, Genji has that too. They're both situational characters, but people are intent on playing them at any time even if it makes no sense, like the other team having 3 tanks.

ehh, there's not a lot of maps where genji is not good... maybe some of the KOTH maps... but it's more about, like you said, what characters are on the other team.

where as tracer, i feel, just has a lot of maps that shes bad on.

Grief.exe

They even have a comparison shot

mercybust.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom