• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
man its so hard when u get put in a friends stack and one of their friends sucks and u have to bite your tongue the whole time

i just left the group after like five games of him picking hanzo when we need something else. i tried so hard to somewhat coerce him into picking what we needed but i guess he felt he was exempt and that i mean for the two randoms to do it instead

Ha, I'm the same way with my friend's cousin, dude is an okay dude personally but he and his circle of friends are the type that thinks this game is always TDM no matter what.

Went on a 15 game lsoing streak last Sunday because of it.

Hazard every time you play McCree i'm like "...but your Pharah is the best tho y u do dis"

we win more when you pick Pharah, I dont think its a coincidence!

game so unbalanced picked bastion on attack on gibraltar. got 11 kill streak without going turret mode. switched around 1 minute mark because we need to get the checkpoint. ended up going Junkrat and slowly pushed it along for the win

Sorral

lol when Zarya says: I'm on fire! Everyone follow me!

To where? 😂 Just seems funny especially if taken out of context.

Also, I'm on a winning streak with randoms and they are somehow doing so good. Then, I have to requeue and.... double Pharah, double Genji, and Hanzo on WP:G defense. 😐

how do you counter a team built around Zarya

Bastion, Roadhog and a Reaper that knows how to time his shots can wreck her. The thing is though you have to watch for her energy and how much your team is feeding her. Best to go 1v1 against her and make her waste her shields.

Tracer can be annoying as hell too. Oh right and Reinhardt close up. He will outlast an uncharged Zarya

After facing enough teams of 5-6 Torbs on console. They can go ahead and nerf his turrets by 100%.

Or, how's this for crazy, get rid of hero stacking completely.

peakish

The 1 hero limit did not seem to increase the diversity of comps in the OG tournament and others that I've seen throughout the week. There were a couple of times when something different would show up, like a Dva or Torb on defense, but most of the teams always went for a standard meta comp. The tactics were also largely the same on the maps. I had hoped that some team would pull out some crazy shit to catch another team off guard but the only thing I saw of that was C9 with a Bastion setup on Nepal (worked once from the two times I've seen it).

It brings to mind one of those meta snapshot articles where a pro had commented that four or five additional heroes need to be in the game for more diversity to show up. I suppose most of the maps also promote similar tactics, like the Payload objective.

I wonder though if Blizzard could try to remake some of the now less used heroes a bit more than tune their damage output. Like give Bastion and McCree some advanced abilities instead of a simple stun and a static turret. Or Dva an ult that isn't used for zoning only.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hazard every time you play McCree i'm like "...but your Pharah is the best tho y u do dis"

we win more when you pick Pharah, I dont think its a coincidence!
Because you chucklefucks don't deal with tracers or genji or deal damage to tanks so our backline gets picked off, or the cart stays pushing.
rage.gif

Oh yeah you must be a pro Mccree then. Mind linking us your master overwatch stats so we can compare? Learn a few things from you.
McCree is usually who I switch to if we are getting overrun, or no one is dealing with a Rein shield (if there are too many ranged threats to pick Reaper), or to deal with an enemy Pharah, or Genji or Tracer. It's usually a counter pick against a winning team and we lose out on my damage as another attacking class bcause we aren't dealing with the enemy team comp well.

IMO it's a safer distance pick where you can headshot burst tanks safely and protect your backline with the threat of flashbang. If you have support (like a Zarya + healer) then Reaper is better for melting tanks and if you have a good 76 who sticks with you it's basically who I want to fill in my team (agreed there). I aim better with McCree than 76 as it's hard to swap off how I aim with Pharah/McCree and Soldier tracking. More importantly it's how I deal with Zarya since I never have good widows on my team as a large amount of my losses come from an unstoppable Zarya.

You can find my stats if you look, being passive aggressive about it doesn't help anyone. Competitive teams have swapped to Roadhog exactly for pickoff potential as you said. Maybe it's just because I find it rewarding to play McCree well I keep playing him.

The server thing happened a match I was using Widowmaker in too... Had the most eliminations but we couldn't make a real defense without being able to shoot people ugh.

The server thing happened a match I was using Widowmaker in too... Had the most eliminations but we couldn't make a real defense without being able to shoot people ugh.
Love the widowmaker who just stand far off trying to snipe people off during overtime. And have 0 sec in objective. Having those players on the other team = Free win. But hate it when they are on our team :(.

But a real good widowmaker is scary. Especially while playing those 200 HP heroes.

EDIT: a skilled widowmaker is welcome though especially how tank fest most matches are now. Big damage from widows are always welcome.

Satch

Banned
On dva i set my usual reload key to be the voice command instead and its just me yelling IS THIS EZ MODE in every fight

Widow is only good against roadhog + zarya, out of the tank category. Winston can make sniper's life hell, not only because of the mobility but because of the bubble. Reinhardt just does reinhardt things, ie. block all her pressure on a wide area.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
True true. But if people want to play widowmaker then if you are skilled that always help. Plus they can pick off those 200 HP heroes easy if they are skilled.

Definitely agree that good widows are huge assets on a team. Hanzo too for the matter, When they don't though you really feel it, but I guess it's the same as any other hero. They're so commonly picked though that you meet more bad than good.

Apathy

can't wait for this week, finally weed out the terrible people and I can play with people that know what a point or payload is and how to contest it.

Widow is only good against roadhog + zarya, out of the tank category. Winston can make sniper's life hell, not only because of the mobility but because of the bubble. Reinhardt just does reinhardt things, ie. block all her pressure on a wide area.
Very true. I can see a Winston usually causing lot of problems for sniper characters.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
At some point just send out friend requests to those who seem to know what they're doing and then try to build a crew to play with if you're that frustrated by randoms.

Zemm

There's no need to worry about that imo. If we're talking about official tournaments, they're meant to be high level. High level players don't whine about stacking, they just work on countering. If you're a tournament-tier team and you can't handle a stacking gimmick team, what good are you?

Well it was the tournament teams that wanted to ban stacking so they did. I don't know exactly what their reasons were but I feel it was definitely the right move because it's made the games way more enjoyable to watch. The tournaments with double McCree, double Winston, Double Lucio were boring as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom