• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Lmao. Literally just loaded into an instant defeat screen.

Servers are way too quick to just conk out with not enough players ...

I'm here to confirm your worst suspicions about matchmaking: yesterday I got solo queued into a match against a GAF premade. So yeah, that unusually organized solo team you play against from time to time likely isn't solo.

X-Frame

How do you get to level 100+ and still completely suck fucking ass at this game? I'm getting grouped with the absolute dumpster players today, it's insane.

I suppose it's possible that most people who have a lot of experience on certain characters wanted to try a different character for a change, and it's just unlucky if 3+ people do the same.

I tried Genji for the first time yesterday on PS4 and was absolutely useless, but started to get a decent hang of him towards the end.

DrArchon

I'm here to confirm your worst suspicions about matchmaking: yesterday I got solo queued into a match against a GAF premade. So yeah, that unusually organized solo team you play against from time to time likely isn't solo.

Yeah, I figured stuff like that was happening. I wonder how much trouble it would be to implement a solo matchmaking queue.

I guess that's what casual matches will turn into once competitive shows up though.

A great sniper is more than just a great slayer.

Hell yeah.

I'll take a 2/14 Widow that has been knocking down turrets all game and pushing the payload while harassing with poison mines over a 14/2 Widow that doesn't push shit and thinks that K/D matters.

The respawns are quick enough and there are so many traversal options in each map that a death only matters when it happens in clumps or in very specific key plays.

It's an option exclusive to Mercy, allows you to click once to set the beam then click again to disable the beam.

I started using personally just last night. Unsure if I like more or not.

An appreciably better team almost ripped apart a GAF party last night. When counter picks don't make a difference, frustration reigns.

I thought I'd be coming in here today smiling about a successful weekend, but after an amazing 22-13 Saturday, matchmaking shat all over me yesterday going 13-22. What a frustrating night. Not many close games, just constantly being matched against clearly superior teams for four games. Garbage.

abundant

What's toggle beam?

In the option, you can switch Mercy toggle beam on or off. By turning it on, you no longer need to hold down the healing or damage boost button.

I figured that was the case when one or two people drop out of the match and are replaced by other players. It would be nice if Blizzard would show off who is in a premade team when playing in quick play, like they do in Competitive.

Crzy1

Doesn't seem like it would make much of a difference but I'll try it tonight.
It along with the dash (forget the ability's name) preference to beamed target off makes her a lot more agile. Lock your beam to someone and keep healing while you're dashing to a new target and you have very little healing downtime.

Edit: the dash preference also makes escaping the fray a lot easier for me when I get to close to the action.

Apathy

Mei has some fun banter with Winston, such as how she Iikes his glasses or when she comments that one of his equations is wrong. Tracer seems to be good pals with Mei, Mercy comments that she looks good for her age, & Junkrat has a line which basically calls her hefty, while Mei will comment that "she doesn't like bullies".

The two lines with junk are

M: I hate bullies like you
J: that's cold

And

J: I get cold just looking at you
M: then you should look somewhere else

In hot maps she is also asked if she's feeling warm in her outfit to which she replies yes but it's too late to change.

X-Frame

Does Toggle Beam work on Console as well? I need to try it later.

Also, I want to be able to put the Swap to her Blaster prompt as sometbing more accessible than the Right Directional, but I have no idea where to put it on my controller. Maybe Triangle, can't remember if I have anything there now.

cHinzo

"Dead-dead-dead-dead man walking"

"Anyone up for some barbecue?" x 4

and also

"Check me out" x 4 while spraying the "Cute" tracer emote everywhere

"Why are you so angry?"

"Why are you so angry?"

"Why are you so angry?"

"Why are you so angry?"

2 days ago the matchmaking made me join a losing team with 10 seconds left to end a match in Hanamura. Right after the match ended with the obvious defeat I receive a hate message on PSN saying: OMG you did nothing!!!
Ok...

Owzers

How do you get to level 100+ and still completely suck fucking ass at this game? I'm getting grouped with the absolute dumpster players today, it's insane.

I just got rank 100, but there's no way he could know I'm bad...

I'm thinking of turning L2 to jump for Mercy so I can float and turn the camera at the same time but I think I'm too accustomed to X being jump and I'm going to hit the wrong button in battle.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

I've been grouped with a team full of 100s and even a 200 on KotH and everyone still scattered around the objective.

Then I got grouped into the opposite team that beat us in KotH and completely stomped them in one of the easiest attack gibraltar runs I've played. And I was solo tanking as Dva. This team had a handful of 100s but not as much as the other team.

Seriously.

ragevvorks

Neo Member
I don't know how anyone can play without toggle beam. It's so finger friendly.

I don't even know how people can do rapid heal target switching without toggle beam on! A single mouse click takes way less time than release -> point -> click again.

Another useful hero specific tip is to rebind your RBM on Zenyatta to your orb of discord - the kill streaks become real.

Sorral

I've been grouped with a team full of 100s and even a 200 on KotH and everyone still scattered around the objective.

Then I got grouped into the opposite team that beat us in KotH and completely stomped them in one of the easiest attack gibraltar runs I've played. And I was solo tanking as Dva. This team had a handful of 100s but not as much as the other team.

Seriously.

lol just joined a KOTH round in the second one and it has two 100s. They lost the first round already and I got gold at 7 eliminations with one death.

As Mercy, what's the consensus on buff-priority for player types? Offensive players like a S76 and Mcree? Or defensive players like Bastion or Windowmaker?

spiritfox

As Mercy, what's the consensus on buff-priority for player types? Offensive players like a S76 and Mcree? Or defensive players like Bastion or Windowmaker?

Bastion, Pharah and Junkrat, Zarya, other offensive characters in range. Widow doesn't need a boost, she should kill with headshots.

I don't think Mercys care. They see someone hurt, they see a free charger for their res. :p I know I do.

i mean before the game starts they start buffing me and following. i'm like omg. stop go away lol. then when shit goes crazy i can't do anything especially when i miss the hook. i know they are going after mercy. i do my best to stop them but nothing i can do lol.

which is why i prefer solo queue games and going in solo but still at the same time work with the team on my own lol. i can't deal with pressure of actual teamwork ;P

Man yesterday games were rough.

It really felt like Blizzard was forcing my win rate down. The wife and I got our asses beat game after game. I'm talking like we won 3 games out of 25 yesterday, and most of the games we lost were beatings, like no hope of getting anywhere close to whatever objective there was.

Certainly felt pretty discouraging. :(

Man yesterday games were rough.

It really felt like Blizzard was forcing my win rate down. The wife and I got our asses beat game after game. I'm talking like we won 3 games out of 25 yesterday, and most of the games we lost were beatings, like no hope of getting anywhere close to whatever objective there was.

Certainly felt pretty discouraging. :(

never back out the game. let the other sucky people leave so you can let the good players join. just leaving the game means pairing with more bad teams which means more losses ;P

Crzy1

Depends on if I think they're playing well. Have gone on some pretty ridiculous streaks with McRee (post nerf) running around wrecking shit. Pharah is obviously a good choice if the other team doesn't have a good Widowmaker, if they do, you're just asking to get shot out of the sky. I usually don't go too far out of my way to buff, I will if the team is on the defensive and everyone is looking healthy or I have some healing backup from Zenyatta, when pushing forward, I usually just focus on keeping my head down and keeping everyone topped up if they're staying in range of the objective. I never chase anyone away from the point, if they need a heal, they need to be near where the action is, don't promote overly aggressive playing and they usually figure out to stay close to you which helps you both.

arimanius

Damage buff of Solder, Bastion, Pharah, and Roadhog is amazing. No one ever expects a buff Roadhog but he shreads and buffing his wild hog. *drools*

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I was playing as Mercy in one of my last matches and someone actually apologized for not defending me better as I was healing everyone.

MUnited83

For you.
man, matchmaking has been absolutely fucking terrible the last couple of days. I was paired with so many shitty teams where no did shit but me and we just get stomped. Blizzard needs to rework this whole thing, games where the teams are actually similar in skill are very rare. This isn't how proper matchmaking should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom