• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

abundant

Holy shit, just found out about the significant Torb nerf. Slay Blizzard!

Guess all those "git gud, Torb is balanced!" posts were wrong :p

Or it could be that instead of addressing a real issue (hero stacking) or finding a sensible way to nerf Torb, Blizzard went into panic mode and basically made Torb a useless hero.

What makes it worse, as has been pointed out in this thread, it more than likely won't fix the issue of a stacked team of Torbs.

Shouta

I just had a match with a couple of 100+ guys complaining about Torb as we beat them but after we switched to offense and they tried Torb, they ragequit during the match. This was on PC too, lol.

Kamion

I just had a match with a couple of 100+ guys complaining about Torb as we beat them but after we switched to offense and they tried Torb, they ragequit during the match. This was on PC too, lol.

Haha, Torb isn't that hard if the team knows how to counter him... so yeah, I can see them ragequitting :D

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Are we expecting new skins with the patch today?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
McCree isn't very good, tbh. I'm not sure what his niche is supposed to be.

Yeah, it's hard to justify using him when you got heroes with better skills and stronger weapons. Maybe they should improve the accuracy/damage with his main fire? Reduce the time it takes for his High Noon to hit people? I dunno.

Are we expecting new skins with the patch today?

Golden weapon skins is the only new thing. Not even sure why people think it will release today though?

abundant

I miss McCree a bit. Reapers and Tracers are running riot and I find both more annoying than pre-nerf McCree.

Makes me wonder about what may happen after the Torb nerf hits consoles. Would be pretty ironic if it increases the amount of Multi Torbs due to Single Torb becoming useless.

exYle

i'm waaaaaaaaay too vocal for voice chat. Trust me. LOL

What is this for? PS4, XOne?

I am same. Is that a problem?
I mean it never was for me. I am playing with many ppl from GAF and almost no one is talking... ever.

I don't use a mic....i communicate just fine by shooting my gun in the direction of danger or hopping around as Mercy when someone is killing me.

:)

:/

I'm not ready for the mic-life.

I want to hear your dulcet tones as we all complain about the enemy team being douchebags

Grief.exe

If you guys are having trouble with Bastion/Torb/Symmetra switch over to Zarya. Their attacks allow you to build up charge extremely quickly while mitigating damage on your long range DPS counters. Let's you walk over bad team comps.

X-Frame

Question for everyone -- is it ever NOT a good strategy to be very aggressive for Attack: Assault maps where you need to capture Zone A?

My success in capturing A has gone up once I started picking a flanking character to bypass front defense lines. Whether it's flanking on the left side on Volskaya or jumping through the left window on Hanamura or rushing through the left room on Anubis (Zarya is great for this when expecting Symmetra turrets).

It seems that when teams get stuck trying to break through to Zone A it is simply because they are not being aggressive enough. They have the benefit of a shorter distance from spawn so really it should be brute force.

Please let me know if you disagree.

Question for everyone -- is it ever NOT a good strategy to be very aggressive for Attack: Assault maps where you need to capture Zone A?
Unless I decide to hulk through the front door with Zarya, I pretty much exclusively use Genji on the first points of Hanamura and Anubis, and either Pharah or Tracer on Volskaya. Those flanks are there for a reason. And if you can get them to turn around to deal with you, the rest of your team at the choke should find it much easier to push through.

But sometimes you just have to blow off steam and go four Zarya, two Lucio.

Ayumi

Baliis

My success in capturing A has gone up once I started picking a flanking character to bypass front defense lines. Whether it's flanking on the left side on Volskaya or jumping through the left window on Hanamura or rushing through the left room on Anubis (Zarya is great for this when expecting Symmetra turrets).

It seems that when teams get stuck trying to break through to Zone A it is simply because they are not being aggressive enough. They have the benefit of a shorter distance from spawn so really it should be brute force.

Go watch like any pro match and you'll see that they pretty much always just try to roll over the defense and push the point rather than shoot back and forth at a choke point. Most of the time the team fight is happening on the point. The attackers pretty much always have to be aggressive on control points. Realistically you only usually need to win one fight to capture a control point while the defense has to win every one. Once you push the defense off the point and they start streaming back one by one it's easy to keep killing them and chaining ults and the control point captures pretty fast especially on two point maps.

Blues1990

I personally feel it can go by a game-to-game basis, as it's better to try new tactics (flanking, playing more defensively, etc.) than to be overly aggressive every game. I mean, there are times when it can be impossible to just muscle your way to the control point, and there were moments when my team and I were punished harshly when going on that route.

I know we all have those matches where it feels like certain members of your team are a bit lacking so to speak but I think today marked the first time in the solo queue where I can say with confidence that I carried my team's collective arses on both Anubis attack and defend, allow me to be obnoxious and self felatting this one time in particular because GOD DAMN!
When you spend 2 whole minutes contesting Anubis point B on attack before finally getting taken out for good and the capture bar never got pushed anywhere in that time you just have to wonder "how?!"
At least I got to take away 4 golds and the PotG so I can feel like a big belittling man. All that said I hate the way this game sometimes makes me go into this state of mind, it ain't a good one to have.

Fortunately I have noticed for match quality steps up usually when I get put in match where we all have at least one star, worth the extra wait time.

I'm here to confirm your worst suspicions about matchmaking: yesterday I got solo queued into a match against a GAF premade. So yeah, that unusually organized solo team you play against from time to time likely isn't solo.
Good to know, now to make excuses for myself when I lose to any team that remotely appear to have some teamwork.
Seriously though this does confirm a few suspicious matches/stomps.

I was playing as Mercy in one of my last matches and someone actually apologized for not defending me better as I was healing everyone.
Tears to my eyes.

now tell the rest of the team to get on the payload

Maybe they need a tagline.
Get on the Payload: it cures what ails ya

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

You have to be aggressive. It's the easiest way to take a point, especially since most teams will use a Symmetra nowadays. I hate when my team just hangs back and takes shots at the other team. I will usually just suicide myself by trying to even touch the objective because that usually (i) pulls back the enemy defenses and (ii) spurs my team forward. Otherwise it's a stalemate for 4 minutes.

mbpm1

A successful Attack on a control point map ends in two minutes or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom