• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

champloo

the reason i don't play hanzo much is because i'm shit like that lol. although surprisingly i'm a better widowmaker than i thought, though I usually only use her to get rid of fucking turrets

is there a way to quick cancel out of killcams? suicide kill cams are the fucking worst

I press ESC once on PC. don't know about consoles

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
you're terrible lol

My hate is too big for me to carry on my own, so I must spread it.

the reason i don't play hanzo much is because i'm shit like that lol. although surprisingly i'm a better widowmaker than i thought, though I usually only use her to get rid of fucking turrets

is there a way to quick cancel out of killcams? suicide kill cams are the fucking worst

Escape.

I think you can disable killcam too?

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Another game of team mates not getting Reaver off my Mercy, so switched to Torb. There was already one on our team. So we got a bit obnoxious. Reaver wasn't an issue anymore, and oddly the other team's Pharah couldn't take out our turrets. We got to the point where we'd alternate taking turns using our ult and blowing up the other team whenever they came close. It felt so bad yet so good. =p

Jintor

interesting thing, you don't really realise how nuts ults can be until they're used against you. I had a tobl turret down to 1 hp or something, he ulted, and it regained a shittonne of health and blew my poor dva away :( :( :(

hope she gets that buff bat soon

Mush

Some of these achievements/trophies for certain characters are whack.

For example, I was going for one of Winston's and wasn't sure why the trophy wasn't coming up until I had another look at the requirements.

Destroy 10 placeable things in a single life? Seriously?

I've always said it, there should be an option to never join ongoing games. I don't care if it doesn't count for the ratio, or if it gives you extra XP. I really don't like joining ongoing games. Not even if I end up in the winning team.

They would have to increase the leaving penalty then.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Holy Fuck I had the funnies King's Row as Reaper

I was doing very well, removing their Zenyatta and Flanking Tracer
They got fed up with me

Some switched to Junkrat and just started lobbing grenades
So my class pissed them off enough to change

Great for us, cause you could keep lobbing those stupid grenades from afar and let us bleed your clock
So I for shits n giggles go Shadow mode @ the one minute mark
All 6 enemies entrenched at the gate coming in for last rush

The funniest thing was they all stopped their rush and all 6 chased me
I'm laughing so hard seeing all the chars chase me down waiting for me to be shot up

I made it to 2nd level of tge hotel before I got #Rekt
Best part is I made them burn roughly 20 seconds chasing me, then they went the long way, yes out the side balcony, up the stairs, across the alleyway, down to street level, then to Objective A, by that time my team fortified its places so well, by the time I came back we were into Overtime, 2 kills, we win

I have never seen Attackers stop from doing a cavalry run and go let's get that fuck before we do anything else
Those Junkrat peg leg noise times two was hilarious like horses galloping away after chasing me down

Bliddo

First time I tryed Symmetra I thought she was total garbage, then:
sEhV9EU.png

She can carry the whole team in a defense map, so good.

hope she gets that buff bat soon

I'm really curious what the buff will look like if Blizzard does go through with it. As of right now she's kinda amazing with the right team or map. I absolutely love playing her on attack and just being aggressive as shit with her boost against defending teams on a payload. I believe if you can hit nearly any non-tank character with a boost, between her guns and her matrix it's reaaaaaally hard to lose a duel. Even if they win they gotta kill zero-suit DVA who is a glass cannon herself.

The only time she feels weak is when she's against a team that focus fires on her because that crit box is huge + you have a team that refuses to give you a hand and finish the kills that move out of range.

well i finally bit on this game and dear god is it fun. i can see why it's such a huge success. i was apprehensive because i really didn't like Team Fortress 2 but this is just great. Love the diversity of hero abilities/weapons here.

Right now I'm just starting to get the hang of playing as Lucio and Pharah (dat rocket spam ultimate).

Is there a clan system or something in place for GAF? How are y'all getting in games together, i'd love to join i don't got any friends on battle.net (PC) and it would be nice to play with a bunch of people who know what they're doing.

TheWaqman#1511

Lost connection to server. The game was okay until we reached the enclosed area in Hollywood; the game started lagging big time and then lost connection to server. Such a shame; the game was going really well.

Naarmight

PotG is so upsetting sometimes, defending the payload, in the dying moments of the match. Im playing as Lucio I jump off the wall into Zarya ult, and pop mine, which also blocks Reapers ult, I get the achievement for damaged blocked. Chuffed with it, I know it is unlikely to get PotG.

However it goes to the Bastion who I saved, and he gets it for just killing the Reaper in the middle of all that, but at least I got to see from another angle

Tonight has been a shit show after having two good nights with teammates.

Now prepare for people thinking that you are implying the forced 50. They will counter-argue the point that you didn't even make by accusing you of being deluded instead of coming up with an empirical evidence in regards to matchmaking and winrate.

Sarcasm obviously.

I am wondering about joining a losing team just before they get defeated. You obviously replaced someone who raged quit, and the possibility of that team being bad is high. So is it better to leave or continue? The rage-quitter might have been the weak team member though. Is it always a sign that you will lose if you join an already losing team?

Now prepare for people thinking that you are implying the forced 50. They will counter-argue the point that you didn't even make by accusing you of being deluded instead of coming up with an empirical evidence in regards to matchmaking and winrate.

Sarcasm obviously.

I am wondering about joining a losing team just before they get defeated. You obviously replaced someone who raged quit, and the possibility of that team being bad is high. So is it better to leave or continue? The rage-quitter might have been the weak team member though. Is it always a sign that you will lose if you join an already losing team?

Tonight was what I was used to usually. Losing more than winning but I got spoiled winning the last few days. Oh well. Luck doesn't last forever.

Hey, we have a game of KoTH against a team that has Reaper, Hanzo, Pharah and Mei. Lets have two Tracers, one soldier-76 and Zenyatta while everyone shits on my Reinhardt's shield.

I just went 3-2, had some good games, and yet on overbuff my rating went down (the tiniest amount)?

I even did above average damage, below average deaths, but I guess it weighs eliminations heavily as it dropped from 15.065 per game to 15.060~.

The stat tracking site is... weird. Seems like tracking per hero is a smarter way to look at it. Because from that angle my rating went up quite a bit on pharah which is really the character I played the most this morning.

Ah true, I should have mentioned I was on PS4. I suck with snipers in FPS games anyway but I really struggle to have good games with Widow.

I like to think I'm pretty good in terms of controller accuracy but even then it's hard to do well with her on console, for me at least.

One of the biggest problems simply regards how people tend to snipe in a lot of games. Snipers, in many cases will rest at street level with their targets so that wherever their targets appear, you can automatically predict the vertical height of the crit box.

But because Widow gets wrecked on the ground, and because everyone has a different crit box, this isn't possible. You have to stay up high, and you have to accommodate everyone's critical spot. Relative to other console games like Destiny, Call of Duty, Gears of War, Halo, where you can anticipate their head always being at the same spot, and many cases will share elevation with the target, sniping is really hard on Overwatch.

I've had good games with her, but nothing I couldn't have topped by playing Hanzo. On consoles at least, I've not yet seen a Widow that's caused me trouble with Hanzo. They're generally free kills, so much so that it's not at all uncommon that I've managed to force Widow's to switch characters using him.

Have the highest winrate out of my heroes with Symettra lol wut. Doesn't always feel like she is a boss but she is fucking strong and her teleporters are awesome.

Is it perhaps because you only pick Symettra on defense Anubi's / Hanamura? These characters tend to have high win rates because they're most viable on very favourable defensive maps.

Sarcasm obviously.

I've made some pretty surprising turnarounds after joining losing games.

kromeo

I've always said it, there should be an option to never join ongoing games. I don't care if it doesn't count for the ratio, or if it gives you extra XP. I really don't like joining ongoing games. Not even if I end up in the winning team.

It wouldn't work because literally everyone would use the option. It would be impossible to replace anyone that leaves during a game (how often do you even get a through a single game without at least one person leaving?)

You know what ruins the game? Torrets. They are not only weak when you start playing with normal human beings, but they ruin lower level of play and solo que.

I am in a match now with a level 5 Torb. RIP.

Vault 101

Torbjorning on Xbox one is ruining the game for me. I know there are counters but the teams I'm getting put in have no clue.

Hurry up patch!

Sounds like a problem with hero stacking.

Meh. We actually won with that Torb on our side; we spawn-humped their team. I sniped two of their players the moment they got near the payload seconds in the match on route66 lol. Then they went double Reinhardt and I still sniped them and their friends. One of them started venting on the main chat about people being that bad. I told him to blame matchmaking and he took things out of context. I mean seriously, do you want us to report or taunt you when you are salty? At least vent on the team chat (or Neogaf).

tSiGqbv.jpg

Stupid sexy Reaper

Death Booty walks among you.

Meh. We actually won with that Torb on our side; we spawn-humped their team.

You know, I actually went back and realized I misread your original comment (read it as: 5 torbs, not a lvl 5 torb). All this nerf torb talk across platforms just triggers me.

Edit: Just to add some Overwatch relevant content to my inability to read, as a general comment, I think I'll say my greatest thing I wish I could improve on is my Widowmaker play. I never really feel like it's an appropriate time to pick her, even if we have no other snipers. She is the poster child for "Lol look at dat insta-lock", and I know I'm not solid with her so I get nervous about wanting to pick her and then do shit. It's a catch-22 but I did the same thing with hanzo and I got accused of hacking with him the other day, so I must be doing something right.

Anyone else have any character they're just nervous to play for worry that you'll bring down the team while trying to learn?

Oz7txvd.png

Welcome to the Symmetra party, friends. We're happy to have you.

Anyone else have any character they're just nervous to play for worry that you'll bring down the team while trying to learn?

Zenyatta. Seen some guys totally wreck shop with him, but I'm constantly worried about being in the position of being the support plus having to have super-great accuracy in order to use his weapons effectively. And with his low health, it just feels like there's little margin for error.

I've done it. I've finally found the solution to stop myself from getting so tilted and salty.

I just keep a stack of notecards next to me while I play. When I die, I write down something I could have done to prevent my death. Same things with losses. Really helps me focus on my own individual play rather than what my team is doing.

hardcore. but whatever works!

It makes me feel kind of like a dweeb having pen and paper next to me, but otherwise I end up blowing up midgame and stop having any fun because I'm holding gold objective kills as Mercy or something. :L

I've done it. I've finally found the solution to stop myself from getting so tilted and salty.

I just keep a stack of notecards next to me while I play. When I die, I write down something I could have done to prevent my death. Same things with losses. Really helps me focus on my own individual play rather than what my team is doing.

hardcore. but whatever works!

"ez"

"gg ez"

"ez lol"

shut the fuck up holy shit. Especially when you/we won on payload overtime.

Edit: I was wrong about the response to this issue, refer to post #15759

You know what, fairs fair, I'll admit to being wrong and misinformed. I had been informed by friends and others that the appropriate response was to mute/block/report for this behavior but upon further investigation, I was incorrect.

Son Of D

Zenyatta. Really want to try playing him but with the amount of times I die using characters I'm comfortable with I'd end up dying like 20+ times with Zenyatta.

When I was learning Zarya I had a friend playing with me so not only could we communicate with each other but he'd also have my back and give me feedback.

"ez"

"gg ez"

"ez lol"

shut the fuck up holy shit. Especially when you/we won on payload overtime.

If they are typing "ez" after a match in overtime, i think its safe to assume they are being sarcastic and its only a joke.

Its not as if they are typing "wp" after steamrolling you. That shit gets under my skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom