• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragner

Yesterday I was playing as lucio on attack. Doing great with 20 eliminations on fire almost all match. Then we start to die on the last push of kings row they start to use double tank and double turret and start telling me that im a noob because i dont switch to mercy for res...maybe you should swith your useless dva for a reindhart or the soldier for a phara...but all the blame for the healer. I changed for mercy and we still lost.

Any word on when Rank is dropping today? Been impatiently staring at the clock at work.

Same, I hit 25 last night and am ready to get even MORE COMPETATIVE.

Still at a 57% WR, 80% WR with Junkrat and 72% WR with Lucio.

Yesterday I was playing as lucio on attack. Doing great with 20 eliminations on fire almost all match. Then we start to die on the last push of kings row they start to use double tank and double turret and start telling me that im a noob because i dont switch to mercy for res...maybe you should swith your useless dva for a reindhart or the soldier for a phara...but all the blame for the healer. I changed for mercy and we still lost.

I've often switched off healer to play Pharah when our Hanzo and Widowmaker don't realize pushing the last point with snipers is nearly impossible.

abundant

Not that I am disagreeing with you, but D.Va is one of the best heroes to have if they go Multi Torb. (or was it Multi Bastion, in which case Reinhardt's shield would be useless anyways).

Arrrammis

Not that I am disagreeing with you, but D.Va is one of the best heroes to have if they go Multi Torb. (or was it Multi Bastion, in which case Reinhardt's shield would be useless anyways).

Multi Bastion is always a weird situation to counter for me. You can't tank the damage with anything, the only real ways to counter are to snipe them from a long ways away with widowmaker/hanzo/pharah or flank with Genji/Tracer/Reaper, and even those kind of rely on the Bastion being pretty inattentive.

R0ckman

Was in a queue with a group and we were just slaughtering, got trashed talked and one of the guys on the other team was like "Just wait until competetive you ****s"

Umm, I don't understand?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Multi Bastion is always a weird situation to counter for me. You can't tank the damage with anything, the only real ways to counter are to snipe them from a long ways away with widowmaker/hanzo/pharah or flank with Genji/Tracer/Reaper, and even those kind of rely on the Bastion being pretty inattentive.

We beat 3 bastions with 4 Dvas.

The funny thing with bastion players is, they are so focused on turret mode, they sometimes forget that they have to be in the point area to actually stop people from capping it.

Same, I hit 25 last night and am ready to get even MORE COMPETATIVE.

Still at a 57% WR, 80% WR with Junkrat and 72% WR with Lucio.

I've often switched off healer to play Pharah when our Hanzo and Widowmaker don't realize pushing the last point with snipers is nearly impossible.

Dude this is the worst, if we only have meters left to complete the payload, then I expect the Widow/Hanzo to switch to either a big body tank or something else.

I'll never understand the sniper mindset and their too cool for school attitude towards teamwork, there's a reason they're usually the class people complain most about.

snack

Was in a queue with a group and we were just slaughtering, got trashed talked and one of the guys on the other team was like "Just wait until competetive you ****s"

Umm, I don't understand?
Wait until competitive is what I think that person was saying.

R0ckman

Wait until competitive is what I think that person was saying.

I'm not sure how that's a threat though, we'll just be playing at our MMR so we won't be outclassed like that game was.

Unless he means don't steam roll in casual and just play like complete morons, wait until conpetetive to actually play the gane correctly.

cametall

man, matchmaking has been absolutely fucking terrible the last couple of days. I was paired with so many shitty teams where no did shit but me and we just get stomped. Blizzard needs to rework this whole thing, games where the teams are actually similar in skill are very rare. This isn't how proper matchmaking should be.

It was brutal for me yesterday. Dunno how I finished +2 in wins over losses. I just hit prestige and the game is putting me with other prestige. I thought things would get better... Still getting a lot of games where I get 4 gold medals with 4-7 elims and 20 seconds on point.

The player drops, omg... it feels worse now with 1 or 2 players dropping at the slightest hint of a challenge.

As Mercy, what's the consensus on buff-priority for player types? Offensive players like a S76 and Mcree? Or defensive players like Bastion or Windowmaker?

If you're playing with randoms, imo you should focus on who seems to have the better player skill and positioning, rather than what class they're playing. But yeah, damage dealers like Pharah, Soldier and Bastion benefit greatly from it.

I don't get the Torb nerf. Everyone can see it's overkill that will sideline the character. Why are they doing it? Because they want to rush it out in the next update instead of properly testing a real balance?

I'm on a 10 game losing streak, though I'm at the point that i'm not changing characters for the sake of team balance esp when I pick a character first then the next person copies it and the rest of the team pick Hanzo/Widowmaker.

If for whatever reason i'm picking last or coming late into a game then i'll pick on team comp

Drewfonse

Mercy is waaay easier to play with the toggle beam option.

Can anyone confirm that on consoles, if you have toggle beam selected, that you don't have to toggle healing off to engage damage buff? Does selecting damage buff automatically end healing or do you have to end healing and then start buffing?

xezuru

On just his turret? Or all around, to include his rivet gun?

That... sounds a bit much. He could use tweaking but this seems like it will make it possible to straight up tank n spank the turret with most characters with decent output.

Just his turret, honestly I'd prefer if they just have like a turret super slight tracking delay on the turret or a max range on all consoles and be done with it.

vypek

Does anyone know if there will be a console update before the one in mid to late July? Or should console players expect the update to drop by the end of next month just to be sure.

Zemm

Pretty sure the people we've been grouped with today can't tie their shoelaces and dribble whilst talking. Fucking hell the playerbase in this game is just awful.

Does anyone know if there will be a console update before the one in mid to late July? Or should console players expect the update to drop by the end of next month just to be sure.
Ranked should be coming in the next couple of days, as they said it would come in late June, so I would expect a patch coming with that, which would include the Widow and Mccree nerfs.

lightus

Pretty sure the people we've been grouped with today can't tie their shoelaces and dribble whilst talking. Fucking hell the playerbase in this game is just awful.

To be fair I'm not sure I'd be able to tie my shoelace, dribble a basketball and talk all at once either.

I do get what you mean though. People tend to play as if it was tdm on cod. You can't win if you aren't on the objective yet people constantly run off to chase an enemy.

vypek

Ranked should be coming in the next couple of days, as they said it would come in late June, so I would expect a patch coming with that, which would include the Widow and Mccree nerfs.

Thanks. I know they are being worked on separately but didn't know if the ranked mode would make it to console at the same time as PC.

I don't get the Torb nerf. Everyone can see it's overkill that will sideline the character. Why are they doing it? Because they want to rush it out in the next update instead of properly testing a real balance?
Band-aid to shut people up for a few weeks.

I guess maybe they'll continue internally testing a slightly more involved rework. Like maybe something with the lock-on or ultimate charge.

xaosslug

30% dmg reduction.

this is dumb... especially w/ rank'd coming soon... a good group/team can take out 2-3 Torby's easily. Seems lazy/placating, imo. If they do this they need to eliminate hammering for a lvl.2 turret, and increase his life line or the number of turrets he can set up... It's super-fucking difficult to set up a turret against a decent group of players.

same w/ the D.Va buff... a sucky D.Va player is a sucly player. Buffing her won't 'fix' that. LOL

vypek

I don't see Torb that much or play him that often but the nerf doesn't seem too bad. I've won a gimmick match where we all decided to play 6 Torbjorn. We eventually went down to 5 but won pretty easily even with them trying to beat us with Pharah. For now, it seems to still be a sort of viable tactic on consoles. For a weapon that can whittle people down and auto locks on perfectly, it can still get some use.

I don't see Torb that much or play him that often but the nerf doesn't seem too bad. I've won a gimmick match where we all decided to play 6 Torbjorn. We eventually went down to 5 but won pretty easily even with them trying to beat us with Pharah. For now, it seems to still be a sort of viable tactic on consoles. For a weapon that can whittle people down and auto locks on perfectly, it can still get some use.
The easy solution would be to eliminate stacking.

Because a 5-6 stack of Torb, even with the nerf, is still going to be a real bitch to play against. All it does is eliminate the use of solo Torbs.

vypek

The easy solution would be to eliminate stacking.

Because a 5-6 stack of Torb, even with the nerf, is still going to be a real bitch to play against. All it does is eliminate the use of solo Torbs.

I thought that as well but figure that they must want to avoid eliminating stacking as a rule for things like quick play and they don't want to balance modes differently as well as balancing platforms differently.

For this, I guess they want to make the stacked Torb tolerable now and let people stand against them longer. Solo Torb seems rare to me now anyways. I'm guessing people who place them well already and use it to "assist" other players will keep going.

If it makes him too weak, maybe they will be willing to buff him again? Unless this nerf is part of hours of balancing they tried out internally. Who knows.

Zemm

To be fair I'm not sure I'd be able to tie my shoelace, dribble a basketball and talk all at once either.

I do get what you mean though. People tend to play as if it was tdm on cod. You can't win if you aren't on the objective yet people constantly run off to chase an enemy.

Me and Rise were playing with some randoms and we died and looked at where our own team was, and they were all over the map but nowhere near the payload. When we said "stay closer to the payload" the replay was something like "my class is useless near the payload". They were basically playing the game Call of Duty style, and they weren't even getting the kills which would have semi-redeemed them. Every game was like this though.

zonezeus

The matchmaking has been horrible lately, during the last couple of days I've basically had only two types of games - stomping the other team or being stomped. Maybe 1 match in 10 is a solid, fun and balanced game with even odds, the rest is either playing against babies or Terminators. Maybe it's the matchmaking, maybe it's the community, maybe maps (whenever I see fucking Hanamura I just quit, the map is absolutely no fun for anyone involved), but the whole experience has gradually turned really sour for me. I think I need a break.

vypek

while they are doing all this 'fixing' why don't they eliminate self-damage w/ characters like Junkrat & Pharah? >.>

I think this is okay even when I occasionally hurt myself with one of my own grenades with a bad bank shot. There are some people who want it to be full damage. I remember reading a grip about Pharah being able to just shoot at her feet at close range as a working tactic since she doesn't take the same damage.

I don't think they'll ever remove having self-damaging explosives...as nice as it might be.

X-Frame

Can anyone confirm that on consoles, if you have toggle beam selected, that you don't have to toggle healing off to engage damage buff? Does selecting damage buff automatically end healing or do you have to end healing and then start buffing?

I'd like to know this too. I often will be quickly swapping between Damage and Heal on PS4 (My Damage is R1 and Heal is R2) so it's very quick and easy.

abundant

I can confirm that you DO NOT have to toggle healing off in order to engage damage boost. (PS4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom