• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know... and no matter how many people said "I'm playing on console" the answer from some was still "git gud".

Glad it's been addressed tho!
Fuck that laser turret from across the map killing me mid-teleport.

Oh and I know:

ZbRDk9E.jpg

Just had a match against 6 Genjis. Then they all went Winston. Then they all went McCree....

Then our Mercy got POTG and a legendary card at the end.

Interesting game to say the least lol.

X-Frame

Thanks for the responses everyone!

It does seem like more often than not being aggressive is the go-to strategy for the first Attack point.

Unless I decide to hulk through the front door with Zarya, I pretty much exclusively use Genji on the first points of Hanamura and Anubis, and either Pharah or Tracer on Volskaya. Those flanks are there for a reason. And if you can get them to turn around to deal with you, the rest of your team at the choke should find it much easier to push through.

But sometimes you just have to blow off steam and go four Zarya, two Lucio.

Yup, it's so much fun to just negate any Symmetra/Torb defense with Zarya with a Barrier, and then getting a simple 50% Energy out of it as a reward. She's such a beast.

If I don't really have friends who play this, does it matter whether I choose PS4 or XBox? I'd kind of like something to play on my XBox.

If I don't have friends who play, should I even bother with this game?

Grief.exe

If I don't really have friends who play this, does it matter whether I choose PS4 or XBox? I'd kind of like something to play on my XBox.

If I don't have friends who play, should I even bother with this game?

If you quote the OP you can find people on GAF to play with.

It's fine early in, but as you get better and better you will find that the community is lacking.

mbpm1

It feels like the higher (in game) level you are the players actually become dumber and less interested in playing ball

I am seriously disappointed that console versions are getting a nerf while pc stays the same.

Blizzard is pretty much telling me my version of the game is useless as its not the same game everyone else is playing.

why even release it on consoles if the pc version is the only one that matters?

terrible

Banned
I am seriously disappointed that console versions are getting a nerf while pc stays the same.

Blizzard is pretty much telling me my version of the game is useless as its not the same game everyone else is playing.

If they didn't think the console versions mattered would they be specifically balancing the game for those versions?

RemiLP

What? How did you come to that conclusion?

eek5

If the console version didn't matter they'd just leave torb broken with his 70% win rate

It's because Torb is more powerful on console. On console he's a problem. On PC he's not.

If Blizzard didn't care about console, they wouldn't be doing this patch in the first place.

If they didn't think the console versions mattered would they be specifically balancing the game for those versions?

Consoles dont even have the update yet lmao. (widow and mcree nerf)

Pretty obvious to me that if I want to play the "Real" version of the game i need to play on pc

Consoles dont even have the update yet lmao. (widow and mcree nerf)

Pretty obvious to me that if I want to play the "Real" version of the game i need to play on pc

it's just quicker to do hot fixes on pc. can they do that with sony/microsoft without having to go through a process? i'm sure they can if they ask for permission

Hopefully the rumors of microsoft bringing mouse and keyboard support will apply to this game and blizzard will start to make the versions similar.

TalesFromHoth

Neo Member
I have it on pc but im way too ocd about fps and getting the most of of everything to ever enjoy playing games on pc. Ahh what to do lol

Just play it where your friends are, that's all that matters. I'm level 182 on the PS4 and loving every minute of it, and have made a lot of new friends in the process.

RemiLP

A few things: group sizes, connection speeds, and your matchmaking rating, which is hidden outside of ranked play.

Very roughly, it's an Elo system based on wins and losses versus players of similar rating. There are other factors in there that Blizzard have talked about vaguely, though.

Thanks.

I should play more with Torb before the nerf to get my rankings up then, so i get to play with better people ;)

fresquito

So I finished my 10 positioning matches and I'm confirmed to be a crap player: 43.

With my terrible eyesight I didn't expect any better, to be honest.

Owzers

Bastion wrecks whatever game i'm in because i'm bad at the characters who counter him and my teammates don't seem to be good tracers/genjis/snipers either. Best i can do is a pharah but i tend to die if there is a turret, bastion, and it's a tight control point.

abundant

So I finished my 10 positioning matches and I'm confirmed to be a crap player: 43.

With my terrible eyesight I didn't expect any better, to be honest.

43 is not that bad. From what I've seen, 40-60 is the average rank in Competitive. Only the really good players rank above 60.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Bastion wrecks whatever game i'm in because i'm bad at the characters who counter him and my teammates don't seem to be good tracers/genjis/snipers either. Best i can do is a pharah but i tend to die if there is a turret, bastion, and it's a tight control point.

PC or Console? Because in PC I don't think I've ever had a problem with him, at least not to the extent that it was an issue with him and not my team or the map itself, e.g., the defenders have a big advantage. Of course, my most played character is Pharah, who does a pretty good job of countering him. It's not just about the rockets. It's also because she can easily flank him with her flying ability.

Try Reaper or McCree maybe?

You just gotta be sneaky with them.

Zeyatta is actually pretty good as well if you get the jump on him, with discord you can kill him in 3 orbs I think, maybe 4.

Onemic

I have it on pc but im way too ocd about fps and getting the most of of everything to ever enjoy playing games on pc. Ahh what to do lol

Overwatch running at 90+ FPS is something else man.
The difference between 60FPS and 90FPS is staggering. I still have no idea how people can actually say they cant see the difference between 30 and 60

Is there a list of characters that can make the jump across the ice on Volskaya right at the start?

I'm thinking:

D.Va
Winston
Genji
Pharah
Mercy (with teammate only)

Can Reaper's Teleport reach that far?
Can Tracer's triple blink reach it?

Sou Da

Is there a list of characters that can make the jump across the ice on Volskaya right at the start?

I'm thinking:

D.Va
Winston
Genji
Pharah

Widow can reach it with the hook.

Owzers

PC or Console? Because in PC I don't think I've ever had a problem with him, at least not to the extent that it was an issue with him and not my team or the map itself, e.g., the defenders have a big advantage. Of course, my most played character is Pharah, who does a pretty good job of countering him. It's not just about the rockets. It's also because she can easily flank him with her flying ability.

Console, i have pretty bad aim, still tinkering with the control sensitivity to try to get slightly better.

xaosslug

huh? D.Va-up. Raise shield, fly right up in his face and unload on him.

I know... and no matter how many people said "I'm playing on console" the answer from some was still "git gud".

Glad it's been addressed tho!

Ugh, the attitude needs to stop, it's a different meta on PC vs consoles. I watched a video of a Zarya getting up to 111 elims (PS4), and the whole comment section (shit show) is just PC players complaining about how easy/noob/not impressive the video is because it's on PS4. It's fine, that PC players don't find it impressive (playing with a controller is super hard so that achievement is big, at least to me), but everyone talking down on the console version and how much better their version is... why do they even care so much? Apparently every player on PC is on par with Seagull...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hkrt0Dxdm8

Try Reaper or McCree maybe?

You just gotta be sneaky with them.

Zeyatta is actually pretty good as well if you get the jump on him, with discord you can kill him in 3 orbs I think, maybe 4.

I make it my mission to kill Bastion if I'm playing Zenyatta. Discord, hide around a corner, start charging, move back into LoS, and boom no more Bastion. If there is a Reinhardt on my team that Bastion better pray for his little robot soul, because I'm coming for him.

Ugh, the attitude needs to stop, it's a different meta on PC vs consoles. I watched a video of a Zarya getting up to 111 elims (PS4), and the whole comment section (shit show) is just PC players complaining about how easy/noob/not impressive the video is because it's on PS4. It's fine, that PC players don't find it impressive (playing with a controller is super hard so that achievement is big, at least to me), but everyone talking down on the console version and how much better their version is... why do they even care so much? Apparently every player on PC is on par with Seagull...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hkrt0Dxdm8

Those people are assholes 111 eliminations in a single match is impressive anywhere and on any hero. I've played a lot of Zarya on PC.

xaosslug

I'm thinking:

D.Va
Winston
Genji
Pharah

i've seen Tracer's do it, but I've died when I tried it myself. LOL

and my brother has done it w/ Reaper.

I'm thinking:

D.Va
Winston
Genji
Pharah

Reaper, Tracer, and Lucio can make it. Junkrat can do it too but it's tricky to do consistently.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Console, i have pretty bad aim, still tinkering with the control sensitivity to try to get slightly better.

Yeah, I think Bastion has an advantage on console. Pharah is still a top counter imo, but the aiming is still harder. I had to go pretty high on the sensitivity scale to get it just right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom