• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

I have it on pc but im way too ocd about fps and getting the most of of everything to ever enjoy playing games on pc. Ahh what to do lol

Hopefully the rumors of microsoft bringing mouse and keyboard support will apply to this game and blizzard will start to make the versions similar.

Quite the mental exercise we are going through here, but I'll take a crack at it.

Whether the game is patched on console or PC is completely arbitrary, the fact of the matter is certain characters are far more overpowered on different platforms and there is no arguing that reality.

I believe Widowmaker had something like 20% higher K/D on PC than the console version, the entire meta on PC revolved around Widowmaker. Certain heros were rendered completely useless, and you had to counter with a Widowmaker or you were going to automatically lose the game.
On consoles, she was a decent pick at best, with the majority of console players around GAF actually complaining she was picked far too often with pitiful results. A good player could still change the course of the game, but on PC even a mediocre Widowmaker would be dominate.
A Widowmaker nerf on console would have been completely pointless, but by your logic you would still require one anyways in order to be included as a part of the process? Even so far as grasping for some mouse and keyboard support to be on the same page as the PC version?

I can go on with Torb/Mcree versions if needed.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I dunno, I've been picked apart by some good Tracers. We even have a number of excellent GAF Tracer users in our PS4 crew...

All it takes is a bit of practice and changing your horizontal sensitivity, and even I can manage to cause some really big annoyances.

Tracer is extremely effective because it takes controller opponents so much longer to get a lock on her.

Ah alright, fair enough. Also I heard that she has some pretty generous aim assistance?

X-Frame

Console just needs to have much better aiming controls, Overwatch feels like aiming underwater.

Looks like the upcoming patch will improve it some though.

ramyeon

Console just needs to have much better aiming controls, Overwatch feels like aiming underwater.

Perhaps it's because I don't generally play any FPS games but I never noticed an issue with it. What's being tweaked with the aiming in the new patch?

X-Frame

Perhaps it's because I don't generally play any FPS games but I never noticed an issue with it. What's being tweaked with the aiming in the new patch?

The high deadzone is being reduced if I remember correctly, as of right now you have to move the analog sticks further than other FPS games in order for your character to move, making precise aiming a lot more difficult -- you have to constantly over-correct to be on point. This was a huge complaint with Killzone 2 years ago.

Ah alright, fair enough. Also I heard that she has some pretty generous aim assistance?
I feel like there's a pretty generous aim assist all around. Not sure if she's got anything special though.

Incidentally, the aim assist is why anyone using a KB+M adapter for PS4/X1 runs absolutely rampant.

terrible

Banned
Man, what's with Overwatch and having a ton of pricks? Can't go a handful of matches without someone talking a ton of shit for no reason.

I had someone complain (ie get really mad) about hero choices in a match vs AI the other day. That was pretty funny I thought. The entire point of AI play is to try new crap so you don't hurt your team in regular play as far as I'm concerned. We still easily won too.

I swear today the pugs today are the worst I seen in a long time. Double Junkrat,torb and no tank on contest map. People taking heroes when I lock them in way before they are picked. Last pick picking tracer instead of a healer/support when asked nicely. /rant

Alucrid

Banned

i see your genji and raise you my torbjorn

ERMyFNb.gif

Owzers

Do we have any Roadhog PS4 tips for me so i am less bad? I've read some other places, but should you step back after hooking to get a better head shot? Mainly i've read alt fire, then hook soonish after, then reg fire held down while it's hooked, then melee. I want to be a good roadhog presuming i can hook people and not miss all the time.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Oh my god the series of matches I just had were so awful. Widow and Hanzo on your team in KotH, next match one of the same players just went back and forth between sniper heroes on King's Row unable to hit a damn barn. Then we fought a torb stack and I died a little bit inside.

It's AMAZING how awful pubs are at the game. Like even not talking player skill which is whatever, it's the lack of awareness looking at team comps and picking something that actually accomplishes anything. And I kept seeing people push super far on defense to attack spawn doors and it's like...why? If you trade kills in that scenario the attackers are winning hard. Yet there's constant overextending and a fuckin' torb putting a turret point blank in front of the door. Great.

Antiwhippy

I think I'm starting to dread double genji comps now, especially ones that know what they're doing. Constant dragon swords can be draining to deal with.

X-Frame

I just had some terrible pubs games as well, a bunch in a row and it was like I was playing the Beta all over again. 5 Offense characters regardless of the mode and nobody picked a Tank. There were a few Mercy's (I was one a few times) but with everyone spread out it was pointless.

Switched to Roadhog more times than I wanted just so I could take care of myself.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Lol, get ready for ranked, boys. It's gonna be first point defense in a tiebreaker match and you'll see full team tracers or full team winstons with 30 seconds left to go. Good luck countering in 15 seconds after your team gets wiped! It's going to be degenerate as all hell.

wow i just played a couple games with Symmetra and you can win matches with her pretty easy if you place your portals in places the enemy won't really venture

edit: the problem with just one hero is then you have hero hogs, it would feel like a bummer never getting to play that one guy. they should limit to 2 of each max.

wow i just played a couple games with Symmetra and you can win matches with her pretty easy if you place your portals in places the enemy won't really venture

edit: the problem with just one hero is then you have hero hogs, it would feel like a bummer never getting to play that one guy. they should limit to 2 of each max.

There are 21 heroes to choose from. It's not that big a deal.

Sorral

Oh so I was right in thinking that the game felt too floaty especially when I played Soldier 76. The deadzone here feels a lot worse than KZ2 from what I remember. In KZ2, we could ADS and actually hipfire while also having recoil, so overall it never felt as bad as here.

I think I'm starting to dread double genji comps now, especially ones that know what they're doing. Constant dragon swords can be draining to deal with.

Winston makes those who do double Genjis regret doing so. I actually love it when the enemy team is doing double Genji and I'm on a tank hero. If they are good, I just swap to Winston and man, it always makes me laugh when they try to counter the Tesla Coil or dash away and I just jump right behind them. lol

But yeah, most double anything is pretty crappy experience to go against.

DrArchon

Attacking Hanamura. Guy on our team picks Widow at the start. I'm iffy but I don't say anything because, hey maybe he can make it work.

Guy proceeds to sit on the top floor of the ramen shop trying and failing to take potshots at people that cross his line of sight. When we're getting torn up by a Torbjorn turret, I politely ask him "Hey, can you blow up that turret for us?" No response, no action taken. Later on, I say "Hey, if you aren't gonna help us, can you at least switch to a new hero?" Again, no response. We can't take point A and lose. After the match, he finally explains why he was doing so bad. It's because his laptop sucks and he can't aim well.

THEN WHY THE FUCK WERE YOU PLAYING WIDOWMAKER YOU FUCKING CLOD?!

Jesus Christ, random players are giving me a fucking aneurysm.

Antiwhippy

Hmm, I recall having a winston in that match. Problem with double genji is that the good ones won't come grouped together, and they were both harassing the backline really well and building up the ult stupid fast, which is so stupid good.

Probably should have ran double winston now that I think about it.

I just had some terrible pubs games as well, a bunch in a row and it was like I was playing the Beta all over again. 5 Offense characters regardless of the mode and nobody picked a Tank. There were a few Mercy's (I was one a few times) but with everyone spread out it was pointless.

Switched to Roadhog more times than I wanted just so I could take care of myself.

I've been picking roadhog more and more latey due to mccree nerfs and the fact that in pubs you will find yourself alone more often than not. Being able to sustain and deal great damage against DPS heroes with smart play and good positioning makes him a great pick while going solo in my eyes. I'll usually pick him on defense and sometimes KoTH maps depending on team comp.

Being effective also depends on you being competent with chain though so I guess not everyone can just pick him up and be a wrecking ball.

Dalek

My biggest problem with this game is inconsistenty between what my opponents can do vs what I can do.

I see how much damage the enemy can take and their health bar barely moves. When I play the same character it's like I'm firing spitwads. It doesn't seem fair at all.

ramyeon

My biggest problem with this game is inconsistenty between what my opponents can do vs what I can do.

I see how much damage the enemy can take and their health bar barely moves. When I play the same character it's like I'm firing spitwads. It doesn't seem fair at all.
This isn't really a problem with the game though? It's just a skill level thing.

It's not like other shooters where if someone's played more then they may have better equipment than you. Everyone has the same characters and the same abilities at their disposal. Some are just going to be better at using them. It's fair.

mbpm1

Are you headshotting them?

ramyeon

Of course-but I see their health dropping at minuscule levels. When I'm in the same position with the same character it's like I'm made of crystal.
This isn't a thing. It's either a placebo effect or you're not getting headshots or you're at a different range etc.

ramyeon

Tried Zenyatta for the first time since launch last night. Only had 10 minutes clocked with him prior. I enjoy him, but not as a primary healer. Also need to have pretty good aim with him and it would help have a coordinated team who listens when I say to group up, my ultimate is ready.

Oh my god the series of matches I just had were so awful. Widow and Hanzo on your team in KotH, next match one of the same players just went back and forth between sniper heroes on King's Row unable to hit a damn barn. Then we fought a torb stack and I died a little bit inside.

It's AMAZING how awful pubs are at the game. Like even not talking player skill which is whatever, it's the lack of awareness looking at team comps and picking something that actually accomplishes anything. And I kept seeing people push super far on defense to attack spawn doors and it's like...why? If you trade kills in that scenario the attackers are winning hard. Yet there's constant overextending and a fuckin' torb putting a turret point blank in front of the door. Great.

There's a Hanzo on my team nearly every game no matter the map or mode. It's really annoying especially when combined with a Widow on the team as well.

ramyeon

Yeah ok.

I've seen it with Bastion and Reinhardt most recently.
I don't know what you want me to say? Because it just isn't a thing and I've explained some of the factors that may affect DPS in that same post.

If you are playing the same hero under the same conditions, hitting the same target in the same spot then you will be doing the same DPS as any other player.

Zemm

Lol, get ready for ranked, boys. It's gonna be first point defense in a tiebreaker match and you'll see full team tracers or full team winstons with 30 seconds left to go. Good luck countering in 15 seconds after your team gets wiped! It's going to be degenerate as all hell.

Not gonna lie, I'm dreading competitive. The tiebreaker stuff is so dumb, and combined with the players I've been randomly grouped up with so far I can tell it's just going to be an exercise in frustration. It's highly unlikely I'll get a group of 6 on most nights too so we'll be relying on some randoms to stop picking Torb or Bastion on attack.

"We don't need a Bastion on attack man"
"trust me bro, they won't see it coming"

And ofcourse he completely shits it up.

im really tired of getting gold in elims/damage every game we lose

Im just done with fuckin losing all the goddamn time

to the WORST team comps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom