• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
When your team has no tanks or healers, but you're the only DPS hero so you can't switch smh.

3 Torbs and 2 Meis for the whole damn match until the payload was inches away from the last point. I'm amazed we actually won. We managed to hold them off somehow after I hit my Ult.

Other team had a Tracer, Reinhardt, D.Va, Genji, Lucio and Hanzo. I bet would've won if they didn't have that Hanzo lol

Just picked this up, it's so fun! But i'm playing alone :(

If anybody would like to pick somebody up who has good team skills, willing to improve and is chilled/has a good laugh add my tag.

Maaaaaardy would really appreciate some help!

Only one Lockdown trophy left but I have to wait for them to fix it in the next patch. ;_;

13522930_10202053281849482_1250065708124230834_o.jpg

eek5

Just picked this up, it's so fun! But i'm playing alone :(

If anybody would like to pick somebody up who has good team skills, willing to improve and is chilled/has a good laugh add my tag.

Maaaaaardy would really appreciate some help!

I'm guessing nobody is going to add you :|

I think my aim is too bad for Zenny but i might give it another try or play some fan favorite d.va.

I had a team that went all D. Va last night lmao. It was pretty surprising that we won even though the other team had a few of the appropriate counters. Shit was hilarious to see. All those mechs flying around and bunny bombs going off one after another. Good stuff.

Grief.exe

I am seriously disappointed that console versions are getting a nerf while pc stays the same.

Blizzard is pretty much telling me my version of the game is useless as its not the same game everyone else is playing.

why even release it on consoles if the pc version is the only one that matters?

Well, there's an opinion.

FHIZ

Anyone got an idea as to where I could download some of the actual sound effects for the game? I found sites with all the voice lines, but I need stuff like the sound of D.Va's mech getting ready to blow? Not contributing another play of the game video, just want to do something stupid at the office with them.

Zemm

It feels like the higher (in game) level you are the players actually become dumber and less interested in playing ball

You're not wrong. My theory is lower levels/new players pick support and try to stick near to the payload/objective so they can learn the game. Once people start thinking they're Billy Big Bollocks who can win every 1v1 is when they start to spread out and chase kills.

Man, not enjoying the game anymore. Seems like they flipped some switch on me today.

For reference, I am level 9 and queuing solo. Why am I up against teams with players that are clearly premade and also somewhere between 70-99? It makes absolutely zero sense and also makes for a miserable experience.

Kito

I'm so sick of being on turret or bastion kill duty in pub games with D.Va

Nobody else is willing to change character, and would rather feed the turret as pharah or reaper the whole game.

R0ckman

Man group I played with for a bit is insanely weak to being distracted. Koth, 4 of my teammates are distracted by a genji, despite how many times I say ignore/dodge and draw him to the point and I can heal the scratches. I'm sitting in the objetive as Lucio living that meme.

I'm on objective as Tracer killing enemy Lucio then get teamed by 3 more of their players which means 5 of my team is distracted by 2 of theirs? I have no words.

At one point they listen when I say ignore enemies if they aren't agressive on the point, it works then they forget about the enemy ult press and all wipe. From then on they are distracted by enemies rushing our spawn and can't get passed 2 enemies everytime 4 of them go back to the point to chase me as Tracer.

eek5

Man, not enjoying the game anymore. Seems like they flipped some switch on me today.

For reference, I am level 9 and queuing solo. Why am I up against teams with players that are clearly premade and also somewhere between 70-99? It makes absolutely zero sense and also makes for a miserable experience.

How long are you willing to wait for the game to find enough low level players to fill a match with low ping for you? Also, you're l9 how do you even know what "clearly" premade looks like? I'm level 90 or something and even I'm not sure when the other team is made of premades or not.

Craazyville

Neo Member
Mercy x Roadhog is a monstrous combo.

If I spot Roadhog he is my go-to follow. Hes a nice wall to hide behind and he can take a brutal beating. Also buffing him makes him ruthless....I played a game yesterday with 2 Roadies and it was pretty fun to switch between them. The other team eventually caught on and Widowmaker hunted me every single time she could get a clear shot. Fun times!

Hyun Sai

Nobody else is willing to change character, and would rather feed the turret as pharah or reaper the whole game.

Well, to their defense, D.Va is a bit of an outlier in her gameplay compared to others, so it doesnt surprise me one bit.

McCree isn't very good, tbh. I'm not sure what his niche is supposed to be.

Is McCree nerfed on console yet? Maybe it's just me, but I rarely see him used anymore. Soldier, Reaper, Tracer, and Pharah get all the play out of the attack characters. I've even seen more Genjis lately.

Last night I had some amazing matches with some Gaffers that involved some really well timed ULTs. Here are some of those and some other videos with fellow PS4 Gaffers. My PSN is cooldude44444 if your curious if your in any of the videos.

This was my favorite match of the night where we picked all tanks with Lucio on attack which is the final stretch of is at the start of this video, followed by our turn defending against their tanks.
Overwatch Tanks descend onto Kings Row

Here is more videos from last night along with some others. (All feature fellow Gaffers)
Overwatch GAF adventures in Ilios
Overwatch GAF adventures in Lijang Tower pt. 1
Overwatch GAF adventures in Lijiang pt. 2
Overwatch GAF adventures in Nepal
Overwatch: Triple ults = quad kills
Overwatch Tried so hard and got so far but in Hollywood it doesn't even matter

Starting through these but that first round on Ilios took over 9 damn minutes. Incredibly fun.

R0ckman

Soilder works pretty well too, couple of shots and a rocket will deal with both. Most Bastions will get spooked at 25% health and get out of turret form and flee so ypu don't even have to kill them.

Fuck yeah, just got a septuple kill with Symmetra. Whole team ran right into my trap and I just fried every last one of them... and the last one was a Junkrat and I died to his grenades. Kinda a disappointing finish, but still... I just pulled off a solo Team Kill. Ain't no Bastion gonna steal that PotG. :)

R0ckman

Fuck yeah, just got a septuple kill with Symmetra. Whole team ran right into my trap and I just fried every last one of them... and the last one was a Junkrat and I died to his grenades. Kinda a disappointing finish, but still... I just pulled off a solo Team Kill. Ain't no Bastion gonna steal that PotG. :)

Awesome! I kind of hate JR passive, its like Blizzard put it in to punish FPS players use to spray and move on pass the dropped trash.

Dragner

Blizzard decided I was doing better than expected so they put in like 6 matches with less than a minute left today, now I have a good leaver penalty and still lost 3 of them. Ty Blizzard.

eek5

Blizzard decided I was doing better than expected so they put in like 6 matches with less than a minute left today, now I have a good leaver penalty and still lost 3 of them. Ty Blizzard.
Why would getting dropped into in-progress matches give you a leaver penalty?
How does the matchmaking work when you play with friends of varying skill levels? Does it average everyone out or what?

Nobody will know the answer to this since MMR isn't exposed to the UI anywhere. In competitive you have to be within 50 skill ranks of your group and it'll try to match the opposing team's skill rating with your own but you'll also get lopsided matches where one side is favored to win too.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Torbjorn turrets getting nerfed.
YESSS!!!

Just had the two most amazing matches on Gibraltar and Route66 with players of relatively higher levels. I broke the record on Gibraltar with Reinhardt by blocking 25k+ damage. It was an absolute war and we won on the last checkpoint near our spawn (defending). The next map was Route66 and wrecked shit with Junkrat; the other team put decent resistance but their biggest mistake is going Bastion+Widow; the latter was dangerous enough and they should have went double tanks or double support.

I was having a really bad day before that though. That freaking blyat cyka Volskaya map was popping up constantly and I absolutely hate it; it is easy to abuse chock points that scrubs can't get past or just freaking ignore; have symmetra, Torb or Bastion and you win solo que (team up with bad players of the said characters and you lose on defense).

Torbjorn turrets getting nerfed.
YESSS!!!

Console only? I don't mind it on PC. Torb is already shit, and making him more shit will make solo que (especially low level one) much better; people will actually learn the game while leveling up instead of relying on torrets.

Zemm

I am fucking fed up of all the reaper and tracer spam. The McCree nerf looks extremely bad in retrospect. "oh I'll just switch to a reaper counter", "ooh OK".

Well done. I managed to pull off a Symm team kill on Hanamura defense B. I had the sentry nest inside the shrine gate and was waiting on the perch above it. Enemy team rushes in, gets zapped x6 and distracts itself killing the turrets while I drop in behind and zap 'em.

ProtonStream.png

It's a little counter-intuitive but Symmetra works beautifully if you're in the thick of the melee... the more people, the more confusing and harder to hit she is.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Man, what's with Overwatch and having a ton of pricks? Can't go a handful of matches without someone talking a ton of shit for no reason.

Zemm

Hehe, Tracer spam will only get worse after the Torb nerf!

They could have better balanced the game and made it more fun by just limiting heroes to 1.

1 reaper is fine, 2 is just shit to play against
1 torb is completely fine, a team full of them is shit
1 Winston is fine, you get the drift by now

I hope they aren't stubborn about limiting heroes because this shit will kill all my enthusiasm for playing eventually.

Hehe, Tracer spam will only get worse after the Torb nerf!

That is better. Whenever we have tracers as flankers, we never get past the two weakest heroes in the game, unless I go sniper or some torret counter (I suck with Genji so bad lol and deflecting with 150ms ping is horrible). They never switch from their mains/Waifus; the most loyal players are Hanzo players who never switch from their Waifu Hanzo.

That is better. Whenever we have tracers as flankers, we never get past the two weakest heroes in the game, unless I go sniper or some torret counter (I suck with Genji so bad lol and deflecting with 150ms ping is horrible). They never switch from their mains/Waifus; the most loyal players are Hanzo players who never switch from their Waifu Hanzo.
How is it better? You do realize that Torb is supposed to be a flanking counter right?

So now we have a McCree nerf and a Torb nerf. What's left to cut down the flankers? Now games will be full of rampant Tracer spam and absolutely no more fun than when they were filled with Torb spam.

Well done. I managed to pull off a Symm team kill on Hanamura defense B. I had the sentry nest inside the shrine gate and was waiting on the perch above it. Enemy team rushes in, gets zapped x6 and distracts itself killing the turrets while I drop in behind and zap 'em.

ProtonStream.png

It's a little counter-intuitive but Symmetra works beautifully if you're in the thick of the melee... the more people, the more confusing and harder to hit she is.

Yeah, one of my favorite moves with her lately is to maneuver up to a high ledge on the rear flank and just drop down onto their squishiest member like "Surprise, motherfucker!" Usually I can toast them and get out of range of their teammates before anyone can draw a bead on me to shoot back. And unlike a Reaper ambush, I don't even have to aim; just leap around and strafe like a crazy person until they're down. And as someone who has been on the receiving end of a Symmetra ambush a couple of times: it is really damn disorienting. I don't blame the many, many Soldier: 76s I've toasted over the course of my Symmetra playtime for not being able to take her down.

Torb nerf is only for the console though.

I can't imagine tracer being very effective on consume.
I dunno, I've been picked apart by some good Tracers. We even have a number of excellent GAF Tracer users in our PS4 crew...

All it takes is a bit of practice and changing your horizontal sensitivity, and even I can manage to cause some really big annoyances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom