• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

styl3s

On PC, its been happening a lot lately from my experience
I haven't experienced that many multiple Torb/Bastion on PC since launch week but i see it all the time on PS4 and consoles def needed that nerf but i don't ever really have a problem dealing with either on PC because it's easy to just get to the bastion turrent as genji and wreck them.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
One change I'd actually like to see with torb in regards to making him less annoying to face but more viable in higher levels is to nerf his turret to hell, but buff the armour property in the game so that it does something like nullify all critical hits as long as there is armour just to make him more valuable.

This is also my secret way to buff Dva.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'll say it again:

y'all are going to be real disappointed to what happens to Torb-stacks once the nerf hits

Spoiler:
nothing

can't be bothered by end-of-game shit-talking.

Yeah, it really won't fix it. They'll still molten core at different times and screw over pushes, and stack armor already. It seems like it just makes a single torb worse...which is, what. If anything they need some sort of incremental damage decrease based on the amount of a single hero so they are all individually worse to try to deter dumb stacks.

Still, they really are awful. I'm at the point where I'm quitting matches with multiple torbs. It's not fun at all, and I generally never quit.

mbpm1

So...in some games when my forward button gets "sticky" as in I'll just keep running forward way after I stop pressing W

Is this lag? it's not the keyboard itself

Grief.exe

im really tired of getting gold in elims/damage every game we lose

Im just done with fuckin losing all the goddamn time

to the WORST team comps

But

How many Meis do you have on your team?

So...in some games when my forward button gets "sticky" as in I'll just keep running forward way after I stop pressing W

Is this lag? it's not the keyboard itself

Soldier?

There's some kind of delay to get out of the sprint.

This game is so frustrating man.

You can get 36 elims, 12,000 damage and still lose cuz of 1-2 fuck niggas on the squad who don't know how the play the damn game. Who can't aim, who can't heal, who cant prioritize targets, can't switch to proper characters when you know you're being countered, can't group up but just rush out and die 1 vs 5/6, cant do anything. Like H O L Y S H I T. Have you ever played a video game before? Are you suffering from a disability? Are you legally blind? That's the only thing I come up with for some of the sorry ass play I see online.

Slurmer

Banned
I'll say it again:

y'all are going to be real disappointed to what happens to Torb-stacks once the nerf hits

It's not going to completely fix the issue, you can't completely fix an auto - aiming turret that can hit you across the map while players are hindered by having to use a controller instead of kb/m. But it will at least make it a bit more bearable.

I'm level 30 ps4 and have not run into more than one Torb on defense once. I guess maybe that tactic hasn't caught on yet.

Consider yourself extremely lucky.

What? It happens all the time on PS4.

This.

Thankfully the nerf is coming. I don't know if my calculations are right but from what I read the turret as it is does 56dps. With the nerf it will do ~39dps... nothing extraordinary, but it helps.

You can get 36 elims, 12,000 damage and still lose cuz of 1-2 fuck niggas on the squad who don't know how the play the damn game. Who can't aim, who can't heal, who cant prioritize targets, can't switch to proper characters when you know you're being countered, can't group up but just rush out and die 1 vs 5/6, cant do anything. Like H O L Y S H I T. Have you ever played a video game before? Are you suffering from a disability? Are you legally blind? That's the only thing I come up with for some of the sorry ass play I see online.

what are you playing on? PC or PS4?

I need computer friends man.

Zemm

It's the same on PC man. The worst are those rounds where you're like "man I'm not playing well at all right now", then you look at the scoreboard and you have gold for eliminations, damage done and objective time and it's like "what the fuck are my team actually doing?".

mbpm1

Soldier?

There's some kind of delay to get out of the sprint.

Nah, this happens with every character

In fact it's happening very often lately

Which is annoying bc if my character is constantly moving forward, I can't move back and makes combat a lot more difficult, especially for close range characters

Idk

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I love how no one looks at the kill feed either. I was on the final push of King's Row as Reinhardt, my friend was Mercy and on me. I pinned a soldier that ulted, hammer down'd a mei and lucio and killed them both, then firestriked a reaper and swung to kill him. They had a bastion plop out of spawn I didn't see and mow me and my friend down, but they were still down 4 people and it was inches from the finish.

My entire team broke away from us before I charged and were all on a fuckin' Genji that backed up near spawn door, and by the time they moved up the entire defense spawned in again and we ended up losing. 4 golds(seriously gold damage wtf) and my friend had the healing one. Guys PLS.

In my opinion, to make Torbjorn more viable and less annoying, make him depend on his torrets less. Remove his torret upgrade thing and make him spam small, annoying, and easy-to-kill torrets. Buffing Torbjorn himself and nerfing his torrets is the way to do it; he can stop enemies and cover routes, instead of covering an entire map section with a torret that is hard to build. The latter is what makes him less viable at higher levels; on lower levels when people can't deal with choke points, the building time and vulnerability of the torret is what gives solo que horrible teams a lot of trouble. By making his torret easy to build, Torb can just place it and start shooting people or place it near tanks/healers to protect them. It got destroyed a good player? Just place it again without a huge cooldown or level 2 upgrade.

I am not an expert with Torbjorn, but I know that his torret needs good placement and a choke point or good coverage from teammates; it is not that easy to do at high level play and you will waste your time going running from spawn AND setting up the torret to get killed by a very good flanker/sniper who is covered by his team (not shitty randoms).

I'd love to know my W/L when having a Hanzo on my team regardless of situation. I bet it's like 20%.

You actually reminded me of an idea. I am thinking of collecting data regarding team compositions. By calculating the W/L % of teams, we can determine what are the most dominant picks; there are obviously dynamic picks and switching. I think we can some data from Blizzard about the each hero's W/L. It will be interesting to get a tier list of team compositions and how they fare on each map. Competitive/ranked and tournament results obviously produce more accurate tier lists. It is just an idea I've been thinking about.

mbpm1

Thought you were in da GAF split?

I agree tho, the worst is when you see your team losing on every level and just know

"There ain't shit i can do to stop this"

Too many people on PS4 play this like TDM. Chasing kills that have nothing to do with the objective. Not prioritizing the people to kill. Almost never changing characters mid-match.

I like this game so much but I rarely have a good time with it.

Zemm

So many games today where we just had the worst group composition ever and then once the objective gets to the final checkpoint in record time the useless classes panic and switch to something more useful and we hold them off and it's like "WHY NOT JUST PICK THOSE CLASSES AT THE START!?"

I'd love to know my W/L when having a Hanzo on my team regardless of situation. I bet it's like 20%.

When I see the composition of my team and there is a Hanzo/Widow combo, or two Hanzos, I know the probability of my team losing is high.

I seriously don't get why people like to play Hanzo on PS4. Even with the favorable hitboxes, it's an extremely vulnerable character. Besides the majority of the players I see using him doesn't use the ability to climb... they always shoot from the ground. Definitely my favorite prey as Genji/Tracer.

mbpm1

So many games today where we just had the worst group composition ever and then once the objective gets to the final checkpoint in record time the useless classes panic and switch to something more useful and we hold them off and it's like "WHY NOT JUST PICK THOSE CLASSES AT THE START!?"

I'm convinced most people only remember Reinhardt exists as a tank during the last checkpoint of a payload map

We still win tho

When I see the composition of my team and there is a Hanzo/Widow combo, or two Hanzos, I know the probability of my team losing is high.

I seriously don't get why people like to play Hanzo on PS4. Even with the favorable hitboxes, it's an extremely vulnerable character. Besides the majority of the players I see using him doesn't use the ability to climb... they always shoot from the ground. Definitely my favorite prey as Genji/Tracer.
The brain dead/POTG friendly ultimate.

Sifl

Man, I haven't played in a month and I decided to play some matches today and everything is still insanely lopsided. I'll admit I wasn't playing great (or even average) in some matches, but so many complete destructions or getting destroyed. Solo queuing is still a crapshoot basically, the enemy team is either doesn't no the difference between up and down, or you get matched with the most organized group of random players you've ever seen and you can't even make it out of spawn. Surprised how many people I heard talking on ps4 still, even if it was just for making comments like "worst fucking team ever", like they had no part in why it sucked.

Dalek

Too many people on PS4 play this like TDM. Chasing kills that have nothing to do with the objective. Not prioritizing the people to kill. Almost never changing characters mid-match.

I like this game so much but I rarely have a good time with it.

It's so true and it's so frustrating. I'll be right next to the objective and I'm all by myself. I know if I try to take the objective by myself I'll get slaughtered - and my team is nowhere near the objective-and we're losing!

mbpm1

tumblr_o9glgiLBmi1r9xhpho1_500.png

Gorillaz

I kinda laugh at dudes who play as one character a whole match and then switch when were about to lose and they hear the warning of the match ending in like 15 seconds. It's like fuck it just keep what you had before at that point

LOL just came across a level 32 prestige one Hanzo main. We had torb, roadhog and some other shit. I got three gold medals with Lucio (almost four but I originally had the fourth). Amazing.

Canucked

Heading to Nepal! Woo hoo! ...and someone picks Widow and someone picks Hanzo. Okie dokie. Oh here's a Torbjorn...that super nice. I guess I'll wait and pick a tank or support. Oh you're a bastion. And then a Junkrat...okay solid pick I guess. Guess I'll try to heal you fuckers. Make sure you all avoid capturing the point!

And then we shockingly make a solid showing, but the capture point is heavily contested and all we needed was that Widow's help. But she was busy camping the enemy spawn or something. Who the fuck knows. I rarely see a good Widow on Nepal.

Sifl

Also, you can play whoever you want. But if I have a gold medal in healing with Roadhog with like 1000 hp healed near the end of match you might as well get off Mercy...

Enemy team was crushing us for most of the game(mainly due to poor target priority from my teammates), but we made a great final push and ended up winning. A Torbjorn tried to come out of the spawn to contest the payload right at the end, thinking he could just Molten Core us, but I was to the right of their spawn and he didn't see me.

Shot him a couple times and meleed him to finish him off as soon as he hit Molten Core lol
Idk why meleeing people to death is so funny with Tracer, especially to Reinhardts. I feel like that just pisses them off. It's fun to do with Mei too.

I'm getting matched with a lot of low levels because of my own and half of them are always picking freaking hanzo.

Managed to win one game though with them cuz I symmetra'd the shit out of my team.

Antiwhippy

Enemy team was crushing us for most of the game(mainly due to poor target priority from my teammates), but we made a great final push and ended up winning. A Torbjorn tried to come out of the spawn to contest the payload right at the end, thinking he could just Molten Core us, but I was to the right of their spawn and he didn't see me.

Shot him a couple times and meleed him to finish him off as soon as he hit Molten Core lol
Idk why meleeing people to death is so funny with Tracer, especially to Reinhardts. I feel like that just pisses them off. It's fun to do with Mei too.

Plus mei has probably the most adorable melee in the game.

Zen's kick comes in second.

It's not going to completely fix the issue, you can't completely fix an auto - aiming turret that can hit you across the map while players are hindered by having to use a controller instead of kb/m. But it will at least make it a bit more bearable.
A single-turret was never a problem. Even with the snap-lock auto-aim.

The problem was having multiple turrets like that. Snap-lock, auto-aim, with overlapping bullet streams. And the nerf does little to make that more bearable.

Antiwhippy

I dunno, I can see it helping in one respect. It takes them a lot longer to wear down rein's shields now so it buys you more time to take them out behind his shield. They also would do joke damage to Dva, like, absolutely miniscule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom