• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I feel like that's the thing I need to start doing when I play rein. I just don't know when to start swinging except like the super obvious moments. I dutifully hold up my shield, but that works with some teams, doesn't work with others.

I feel like that's the thing I need to start doing when I play rein. I just don't know when to start swinging except like the super obvious moments. I dutifully hold up my shield, but that works with some teams, doesn't work with others.

well eventually they'll have to reload lol

Clearly you just needed to forget the shield, juke the grenades, hammer the fuck out of junkrat. That's how I play Reinhardt in pubs anyways, people never see it coming and it works better than you'd think.

Nothing better than a Reinhardt PotG thats just you swinging a hammer non stop getting kill after kill.
Lol I just got that a few minutes ago. People seem always a bit surprised when you break out the hammer and start swinging. In general though yeah people just rarely get behind the shield and use it to shoot turrets enemies etc so it can be a bit frustrating to play him.

I dunno, I have a very aggresive playstyle with reinhardt. I charge and try to instagib someone critical and turn around swing away, fire off range attack and start swinging away. If I can get at the very least two, one being a healer. I feel like my job is done. I also target other fellow reinhardts and get their shield out of position and my team will follow up.Either they have to turn their backs around and deal with me or deal with the rest of my team.

no, randoms, i'm not going to join your all bastion strat because you are flashing the character icon over and over during character selection.

R0ckman

First super toxic person in my chat going on some racist rant, most people were silent, already ticked so I threatened to report his ass, then he came up with some sob story to paint himself as a victim. WTF? These people are disturbed.

More disturbing is how I was the only one who seriously told him to get his BS out of my chatbox. I wonder how things would be if everyone instead of being silent would be like "No, not in MY ****ing game!"

Yep, and I still can't really get the feel of if I should wait out at the sidelines and wait for them to recharge or charge in kamikaze style.
I think just have to figure out when especially when you have people behind shooting through it there are still times rein player drop shield to go charge and leaving everyone behind to scatter like roaches
Also I tried rein. Can't even his left shift correct

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Why does this game have these group breaking triggers

2 games of back to back KOTH
Our team beats them easily, just as we go to next game, I'm put into a game already finishing...

Sora_N

Played with some of you guys just now (Aisutron).

I got my first POTG as Pharah too, only tried using her since the weekend too. She's pretty fun.

https://youtu.be/5QqXY4aXG80

I leveled up and got my second legendary!

Now I have to use her, lol.

ScreenShot_16-06-27_22-39-50-000_zpsmdyo7att.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
I was playing with a level 100+ friend and we ran into a team of 5 Torbjorn, 1 Symmetra, Temple of Anubis defense.

We rolled out 4+ D. Va and countered nicely. We almost ran out of time getting the first point, but we rolled the second point since they didn't have time to set up their molten cores.

PTR still has a lot of idiots who shouldn't be there. When is ranked going to be released? I don't feel like grinding in PTR to reach level 25 (they somehow didn't carry my progress). I get 250-300ms ping too in PTR (still kicked ass with Reinhardt and got two gold medals and 16 eliminations). I had some hilarious showdowns with the other Reinhardt, but the community is completely shit there; my team was gloating and talking shit despite half of them getting carried and barely winning.

Just don't charge Roadhog

Or don't charge Reinhardt, because he will survive and charge you back to death.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
how the fuck do you deal with 2 torb, 2 bastion on volskaya. Always fucking lose it on the second because we can't deal with the cheese. Changed from pharah, to genji, to winston. can take one of them out but then the others fry me :mad:

Satch

Banned
People have got to get over their aversion to playing Widowmaker on attack, shes too essential to stopping aerial attacks. Lost two games cuz of that shit

Widow is important folks

Dalek

Nobody even votes for impressive healing stats anymore. The least respected group in almost every way.

Anyone need anyone for a team? I don't have my mic but my PSN is MDavis360.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'm on PC, ViewtifulJC #1273. PLS get out me if you're even halfway decent.

Like I would be ok if we were losing to great teams, well coordinated, had their shots down. But like...it would be total randoms with no team

like bruh I just dont get some of the plays people do in this game. It really does come to 1-2 people. Like right now we got 1-2 more good people to slide into the team and now we're like a well-oiled machine, we win 8 out of 10 rounds now instead of just losing constantly. And when we lose, its to really good teams.

I got no problems losing to good teams as long as well all make a solid effort. The sheer incompetence of 1-2 people can kill any chance of winning.
bruh I can't carry you everynight

Permanently A

One thing I have a hard time telling is if I'm actually doing well or not. Its difficult to figure how much of your momentum is from doing a good job vs your teammates being good and that helping you do well. Like I just got PotG with Zarya - quadruple kill. On rewatching I noticed it was actually an offscreen soldier getting the kills. So I really have no clue if I'm good at this game or not.

J-Tier

The algorithm for showing your achievements at the end of a match is so out of whack for non-attack heroes. For example, I get 25 eliminations as Torbjorn, and it shows that I get 14 turret kills and 38% kill participation.

BTW, playing an uber aggressive Torbjorn by diving in the field and dropping level 1 turrets is so fun. You drop one turret, then you jump around and shoot like a madman in 1v1 scenarios.

Ken

Even without. He can heal right in your face and you're in point blank shotgun range. Not the best idea

lol at charging his ult. I don't think Rein would even move forward

Rein loses to Roadhog if he's already landing shots on you, but if the Rein can get some hits in first and charge to cancel the heal the Rein usually wins.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
One thing I have a hard time telling is if I'm actually doing well or not. Its difficult to figure how much of your momentum is from doing a good job vs your teammates being good and that helping you do well. Like I just got PotG with Zarya - quadruple kill. On rewatching I noticed it was actually an offscreen soldier getting the kills. So I really have no clue if I'm good at this game or not.

Like, from Grav well or just regular attacks?

The POTG takes total damage into account to determine who gets the most credit also IIRC.

Anyway, my metric is to see how many medals I've earned.

Wacky night on PTR, went from a solo-queue to a 3-man to a 6-man.

Dunno if I'll see those guys again but it was fun as hell. We destroyed on payload, but somehow lost I think every single KOTH.
We'd steamroll the first round, and then just lose every other round, like they were all off-classing and then swapped to their mains or something wacky.

Can't wait for PTR to get pushed to official

The algorithm for showing your achievements at the end of a match is so out of whack for non-attack heroes. For example, I get 25 eliminations as Torbjorn, and it shows that I get 14 turret kills and 38% kill participation.

I'm not really sure how it picks what your most impressive stat is. I once got over 25k damage done as Pharah and my card at the end of the game was for getting a couple environmental kills.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm not really sure how it picks what your most impressive stat is. I once got over 25k damage done as Pharah and my card at the end of the game was for getting a couple environmental kills.

Enviromental kills are super favored if any happen, even for PotG. Otherwise a lot of characters seem to fall into traps where the card always says the same type of stat no matter what you did. 3 gold medal roadhog? Hook accuracy card! Zen always is transcendence, stuff like that.

Enviromental kills are super favored if any happen, even for PotG. Otherwise a lot of characters seem to fall into traps where the card always says the same type of stat no matter what you did. 3 gold medal roadhog? Hook accuracy card! Zen always is transcendence, stuff like that.

Now that you mention it, I think Zenyatta definitely has it the worst. I don't think I've ever seen a card from him that wasn't transcendence healing.

ramyeon

It's really hard playing Zenyatta solo. He really requires team mates to pay attention especially for his ult to be of any use. And man is it hard to aim his shots on PS4.

Blizzard

Banned
It's kind of impressive how terrible this community is.
I don't usually see it, though possibly because I block a lot of people.

Have you played League or DOTA2? I had worse experiences there. Weirdly, CSGO wasn't too bad besides the occasional griefers and hackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom