• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Added an option to adjust Aim Assist strength (defaults to full strength)

Players can now configure the user interface display area (Go to Options > Video > Display Margin)

Fixed a bug that would move players toward the source of a knockback rather than away from it
Super pleased to see this :3

Just had a string of shit games. I don't mind losing, but the worst thing is losing a game which you KNOW you could have won, if only people would listen and respond. Clear the entire objective area as Junkrat, watch as the rest of the team wanders around chasing other enemies instead of rushing together to capture the point? FML. :(

This was last night for me. I only had a brief window to play, so I didn't want to try to get a group going or anything like that.

It would've been one thing if it were just lopsided matches. But when we hold the first point of King's Row until Overtime, then lose it so the team can then march the payload the rest of the way without once being contested, what the fuck?

Every match was like that. Strong plays, good synergy, and then just putting our hands in the air for the last 3 minutes.

And a huge problem, whether it's pubs or groups, is hero-swapping. Specifically, people don't do it. It's even worse when someone is successful for a time because then there is no way they'll switch. Sure, your Symmetra was a killer while we needed a teleporter for the long spawn and they still had a Reinhardt they were grouping behind. But now their switch to Winston is nullifying your turrets and we are getting backed up to our spawn so we don't need the teleporter. I don't give a shit what medals you earned in the early game and are managing to hold onto... change your hero.

Like I said, it's not just pubs. People get really defensive about it.

zoukka

I've avoided the more straightforward heroes so far, played some Soldier, Phara and Reaper today and the stats were ridiculous. There's so leeway with these heroes it doesn't matter if you play a little sloppy and the ultimates are basically win-buttons. Get behind enemy team and press Q for teamwipe.

It was fun for a few matches.

By taking a break from Overwatch yesterday (and not playing a single match for the first time since release), I went from the 68th percentile on Overbuff to the 77th.

Clearly the trick is to never try.

81st percentile with Genji/Widow, 91st with Junkrat, 77th with Zarya... 15th with Mercy. :S

Hanamura is so brutal. Either you can get stuck in the first gate for the whole match, or get speedboosted from A to B in 2 minutes. This map is extreme!
Man, I never see the first point held on Assault maps anymore. Almost ever. It's just about how long you can delay it. Second points, sure, they can be frustrating.

abundant

Hanamura is so brutal. Either you can get stuck in the first gate for the whole match, or get speedboosted from A to B in 2 minutes. This map is extreme!

All Assault maps are like that. Either you rush to take both point A and B within minutes of the match starting, or you lose.

X-Frame

Super pleased to see this :3

Same, I'm most excited for the control improvements by far.

The more Blizzard improves the aiming on console the less disparity there should be between balancing PC vs. Console. Obviously even perfectly tuned console controls will never be as accurate as a KB/M, but it can certainly get closer than how it is now.

Nazo

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

You forgot never being able to capture point B for the defense team having the perfect team of well placed Torb's turret(s), Bastion, sniper, healer, etc.

Nazo

The Torb nerf will come in another patch, scheduled for late July.

Ah, that makes sense. I kinda find it weird that they just don't roll it into this patch but I guess they're still testing it.

This patch was likely submitted weeks ago and is just now getting certified on Xbox and PS. They have to do a new patch then submit it again, certification seems to take a few weeks.

That's almost what certainly happened. I don't know why I didn't think of that to be honest with you. It probably doesn't help that I just woke up.

X-Frame

Ah, that makes sense. I kinda find it weird that they just don't roll it into this patch but I guess they're still testing it.

This patch was likely submitted weeks ago and is just now getting certified on Xbox and PS. They have to do a new patch then submit it again, certification seems to take a few weeks.

abundant

Microsoft and Sony have a certification process that the patches have to go through. There's no way to know how long this upcoming patch has been suck in that process. Blizzard can't just roll the Torb nerf into this patch, because it would have to go through the process again.

Man, I never see the first point held on Assault maps anymore. Almost ever. It's just about how long you can delay it. Second points, sure, they can be frustrating.

I see it sometimes. Hanamura and Anubis are both pretty good for it, tho you need a good Symm for the former to stop people bumrushing around the flank.

I've had a bunch of Mumbani games end at point A too.

vypek

Really hoping that map achievement isn't still bugged after the patch. Didn't think Widowmaker would be getting the nerf on consoles though.

I wish I could properly express the feeling of despair but bland acceptance I felt when my teammate wrote "I think I'm going to try Hanzo this game." And I was already locked in as Tank.

Well. I guess I'm going to lose this one, but if I leave I'll probably just be in the same boat. There is no escape. Maybe we'll get lucky or I can pull a win out of nowhere. Maybe that guy playing Genji is insane.

0-2

Roadhog and junkrat to look the same.
010.jpg

i can see it

That feel when losing all matches.

now i feel like going back to mei again. i've just been stuck on Roadhog and junkrat.

duckroll

Ugh, feel awful about the last game I played on King's Row. Wasn't doing too well as Mei, decided to change to a Widowmaker to take out the annoying Bastion, somehow we managed to get the payload going in Overtime, then I kinda turned into a braindead douche and forgot to change to another character and was useless for the rest of the game until we lost. /

junkrat is good stuff between checkpoints because it's so narrow but sometimes you look at the soldier on your team and not take out pharah because she's constantly shooting rockets your way. lol then i don't know why i keep wasting my bomb trying to hit her. one day i'll blast myself up there and just throw it at face level.

M.J. Doja

Banned
If Widow is keeping 3/6 of the team in spawn and playing well, it's up to others to take advantage of that. Sure you can switch off if your team is dumb, but you're doing your part in one way or another. Sometimes it's not worth the risk switching to a character you don't play as well, especially if your role is getting something done.

Now I'll often switch from Mercy to Pharah if my team ignores turrets. But if my team was in need of kills to get them to the point, I wouldn't complain if we had a solid Widow providing sniper support.

This is a good point too, I've seen both sides. When I see our sniper rack up a few kills in quick succession, I'll usually rush out and spam to get on the objective.

Ugh, feel awful about the last game I played on King's Row. Wasn't doing too well as Mei, decided to change to a Widowmaker to take out the annoying Bastion, somehow we managed to get the payload going in Overtime, then I kinda turned into a braindead douche and forgot to change to another character and was useless for the rest of the game until we lost. /

I know this exact feeling. Cursing myself for not switching soon enough, haha. Close losses are the worst.

Point is moot as we won't be seeing Mei in competitive anyways.

Don't be so sure about that. Pro matches are one thing, but there is plenty of room for Mei to dominate in competitive mode!

Yesterday I activated my ultimate with 76 and a Mei on my team immediately put up an ice wall in front of me. Grrr.

When I play as Mei I never do this, but I did rage at another player for doing the same thing that happened to you. I really hope I've never done this as Mei.

X-Frame

Disabling a feature that doesn't exist on console (avoid player) makes me suspicious of these patch notes

Just curious but are those leaked patch notes almost word for word the same as the recent PC patch?

It really does seem strange that they would need Widow on console since she is at most only decently useful right now and at best very effective in 5% of the games I've played. Seems fishy to me too.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, apparently I ain't too bad as widow. Switched to it because of a goddamn pharmercy combo. Went 21-5 which might not sound impressive but I'm a fucking terrible sniper, so there's that.

Had to switch out to rein to stop the final push, but I'm glad I wasn't useless as widow.

Onemic

It's beginning to happen to me...Im beginning to get emotionally invested in this game and I dont like it.

Yesterday I was running with the gaf crew and we were getting wrecked for almost 10 games straight. Had to go to sleep thinking about how shit we played and what I could have done better to help the team. Gonna go hard on OW once I get back from work.

eek5

Yeah it happens. I just try to remind myself to take my time on respawn to try to figure out why I died and if I can make a good switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom