• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I activated my ultimate with 76 and a Mei on my team immediately put up an ice wall in front of me. Grrr.

yeah. some of them don't know which is team cues or enemy kills. i roadhog ulted and they put up a wall in between me and them.

but i'll be honest. i could do better as well. i did the same like yesterday i could have just walled off the bastion that was miles away so he doesn't try to shoot at me or the roadhog who was trying to hook someone. i blocked him. I didn't think at the time the distance i could have put it.

with that said i still need to fix my mouse sensitivity. i think having it borderless window is causing in-game issue where it doesn't work right.so it would be go from perfect speed to fast as hell (i tab switch during deaths and matches)

Onemic

In relation to character switching, as a person that plays mainly tanks, I think I have to spend a few days learning Winston so I can switch to him when my Zarya isnt being as effective due to snipers. He's the only tank I have no idea how to play and since I cant really switch to non tanks as the only tank on the team, it really should help round out any counters the enemy team has towards us.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
In relation to character switching, as a person that plays mainly tanks, I think I have to spend a few days learning Winston so I can switch to him when my Zarya isnt being as effective due to snipers. He's the only tank I have no idea how to play and since I cant really switch to non tanks as the only tank on the team, it really should help round out any counters the enemy team has towards us.

Jump to the back, shield, zap zap, jump outta dodge when you need to health up, rinse repeat.

Remember that you can jump and then jet pack to cover greater distances.

Zemm

I've avoided the more straightforward heroes so far, played some Soldier, Phara and Reaper today and the stats were ridiculous. There's so leeway with these heroes it doesn't matter if you play a little sloppy and the ultimates are basically win-buttons. Get behind enemy team and press Q for teamwipe.

It was fun for a few matches.

Soldier and Tracer are the stat padding machines. They spew so many bullets that they tag pretty much everyone so get kill credit. They don't even need great aim.

M.J. Doja

Banned
It's beginning to happen to me...Im beginning to get emotionally invested in this game and I dont like it.

Yesterday I was running with the gaf crew and we were getting wrecked for almost 10 games straight. Had to go to sleep thinking about how shit we played and what I could have done better to help the team. Gonna go hard on OW once I get back from work.

No worries, would love to have helped turn those into some wins. CrookedRain and I were at a show. You know if he was there, we would be riding the Mei train to a 10 win streak instead of those losses. At least we have quick match to get these kinks out, learning where to push and where to switch, etc.

M.J. Doja

Banned

Hell yeah, this works if you have a lock on the sniper's location, you switch and it surprises the hell out of them. Winston is tanky enough to get in and stomp on them without dying to a turret in the process. Landing on them + melee, then spam lightning and snipers die fast. Then the team will have a clear path in while you take cover.

Ullus

Jump to the back, shield, zap zap, jump outta dodge when you need to health up, rinse repeat.

Remember that you can jump and then jet pack to cover greater distances.

I've been doing it wrong all this time.
aeuqa.png

mbpm1

It's beginning to happen to me...Im beginning to get emotionally invested in this game and I dont like it.

Yesterday I was running with the gaf crew and we were getting wrecked for almost 10 games straight. Had to go to sleep thinking about how shit we played and what I could have done better to help the team. Gonna go hard on OW once I get back from work.

play elena

Also is there a better feeling than sniping a tracer mid-blink?

Fuuuuuuck you tracer.

Yes. It's when they blink into my trap and I kill them while they're fish in a barrel

Conversely the worst feeling is vice versa

Why wouldn't Mei be in competitive? Did I miss something?
She is barely played in competitive overwatch, right down in the basement with the likes of Hanzo, Bastion (who gets some Control action, and that's it), and Zenyatta. I saw Seagull use a desperation Mei to hold the end of Dorado during the open invitational the other day, but he didn't get her out of spawn.

Drewfonse

I've played for 52 hours so far. Never touched Tracer. In my second game with her, I broke my record for eliminations, objective eliminations, and final blows, all in one game. I might have just gotten lucky, but wow at her.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
She is barely played in competitive overwatch, right down in the basement with the likes of Hanzo, Bastion (who gets some Control action, and that's it), and Zenyatta. I saw Seagull use a desperation Mei to hold the end of Dorado during the open invitational the other day, but he didn't get her out of spawn.

I personally don't think Mei is terribly good against organized teams, so hopefully she gets a buff. Most of the time I fight against a Mei I am perplexed when they set up walls that help and protect my own team. I am guessing that had something else in mind, but I do appreciate them giving us cover as we assault a position. I think Mei can be good on certain KOTH maps once you control the room, perhaps.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Love jumping from the top floor of the spawning room of King's Row as Winston on attack.

Sure, it's mostly a waste of time, but it seems the defense team never see this coming the 1st time, good diversion. :p

Grief.exe

Don't be so sure about that. Pro matches are one thing, but there is plenty of room for Mei to dominate in competitive mode!

Not really, she's a detriment at high MMR too.

Why wouldn't Mei be in competitive? Did I miss something?

She's just a far below average pick and fails to slot into most good team comps. Her utility is mediocre when going against a team with good communication, her damage is non-existant, her range is useless, and her ultimate is easily dodged.

She's a distraction at best and there are just significantly better picks from the roster before you even get close to Mei.

I personally don't think Mei is terribly good against organized teams, so hopefully she gets a buff. Most of the time I fight against a Mei I am perplexed when they set up walls that help and protect my own team. I am guessing that had something else in mind, but I do appreciate them giving us cover as we assault a position. I think Mei can be good on certain KOTH maps once you control the room, perhaps.

Ya she's decent under certain scenarios, bottlenecks on certain maps on defense or certain time periods during KOTH, but it would still be a net benefit to grab other hero's that are useful nearly ubiquitously rather than small percentages of matches.

also speaking of mei.

other team had mei on point on last checkpoint at volskaya and tried to block the path at the spawn. like you think i don't know how to erect a wall under me? mei plz

still died because i couldn't test that long since everyone was still spawning and they had like 3 or 4 other people on there.

No thank you. No one really needs a buff. Maybe Winston.

Winston needs more power in his regular gun. i know it's meant for multiples and good with working with others too. but a little dmg increase won't hurt anyone lol.

if not. give me 1K HP for that barrier shield then.

Apt101

Man it is aggressively trivial to level up using Bastion. It's literally Overwatch: Easy Mode on just about any map. Plant yourself in a corner and rack up them ten-or-greater kill streaks. Get hit? Retreat for a second and heal yourself. Then hit Q and kill the entire enemy team.

I think this character needs a nerf but I'm not sure how to even approach it. Maybe a reduction in damage? 33%? Maybe more? All I know is that I should not be able to choose this character and annihilate people so dominantly.

No_Style

Man it is aggressively trivial to level up using Bastion. It's literally Overwatch: Easy Mode on just about any map. Plant yourself in a corner and rack up them ten-or-greater kill streaks. Get hit? Retreat for a second and heal yourself. Then hit Q and kill the entire enemy team.

I think this character needs a nerf but I'm not sure how to even approach it. Maybe a reduction in damage? 33%? Maybe more? All I know is that I should not be able to choose this character and annihilate people so dominantly.

There's nothing OP about Bastion; sounds like you're going up against teams that don't know how to take care of him. Hell, I'd say it's far too easy to take out a Bastion and I don't even use him. I see him melt away quickly even when I'm healing with Mercy.

mbpm1

When people have either
pharah
junkrat
a supporting reinhardt
an attentive team
a decent sniper
good flankers
people who know the flanking routes

bastion dies very easily

He's great as a team strong point, but alone he's easier to deal with than most characters

He's not in need of a nerf.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I think you're one of the few who thinks he needs a nerf. Most would say he's not very good.

Onemic

No worries, would love to have helped turn those into some wins. CrookedRain and I were at a show. You know if he was there, we would be riding the Mei train to a 10 win streak instead of those losses. At least we have quick match to get these kinks out, learning where to push and where to switch, etc.

double mei is evil

Vestal

Bastion is worthless against a half-assed decent group.

Apt101

Because you have to go post to find a group since Destiny doesn't have matchmaking for a lot of stuff.

Yea I guess that's true. A good number of the posts there are for finding groups. It's so bizarre that Bungie doesn't have match making for so many activities.

Edit: regarding Bastion, I suppose I must be playing awful groups all of the time. Because I can choose him/it and be assured to get at least 30 kills.

also don't sit on a payload with bastion because there's ways around you. remember roadhog can hook you. or better hook reinhardt and you lose your shield lol.

mbpm1

Sitting on payload with rein can work if you have good flankers keeping your rear and sides clear

But that's not unique to bastion

Bastion is worthless against a half-assed decent group.

If the team is communicating, Bastion is mostly worthless. If the team isn't on mic, Bastion just wrecks them.

It's a weird and un-fun dynamic, and leads to me doing silly things like playing offensive Widowmaker when I suck with snipers just to give the team a chance.

Sitting on payload with rein can work if you have good flankers keeping your rear and sides clear

But that's not unique to bastion

if there's no communication and team start taking out the other side. sometimes they get too comfy on the LOS that's in front of them. noticed that on King's row. i guess it's just easier to focus on the all the people in front but not the side.

Well, Master Overwatch had a good run.

https://www.overbuff.com/

The stats here are ridiculous.

Ugh. The characters I play the most have a sub-50% win rate. But my overall win rate is 54%, thanks to a 72% win rate from Lucio and a 64% win rate from Roadhog.

I guess I should play more Lucio and Roadhog?

EDIT: If I switch characters during a match, do I get losses against each of the characters I play?

Heel

I like the individual hero views where it shows your percentile.

Too bad I'm below average on everything lol. Feels bad

Yeah, I'm curious how they determine your rating score. Apparently I'm not a monster in any individual stat with my Winston, but my score/min and medals carries me to a high rank.

And looking at other profiles, it actually tells you how you're trending in each individual stat once you're in their database, and by how much. Love stuff like that.

This site must be catching on, or they're still adding player data. Went from 50k to 150k PSN players in the database overnight.

eek5

Yeah, I'm curious how they determine your rating score. Apparently I'm not a monster in any individual stat with my Winston, but my score/min and medals carries me to a high rank.

One thing to keep in mind is that there is no overwatch API afaik so this is all scraped data and they aren't scraping everyone's profile, just people that look up profiles so all your stats are being compared with people that actually care about their stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom