• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
It goes further than you would think.

It goes further than you think when you're getting hooked, and it's shorter than you think when you're trying to hook somebody else.

Generally speaking, at least.

EDIT FOR TOP OF PAGE:

Lucio shouldn't get nerfed, the other supports (healers, really) should be brought up to his level in terms of overall utility. His superhigh pickrate reflects that he does his job better than the other healing characters, but relative to the rest of the cast, he's fairly well balanced. Make Mercy and Zen better, IMO.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
what is your ping? cant expect devs to take posts like this seriously w/o video and stats monitor running showing the ping at all times

Usually around 18ms. And I'm not sure why you're so shocked, this is just how the game is.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
KlzBVlS.jpg

This is officially the most intense game I have ever played, all 3 points went to 99% 99% overtime so the whole match ended up lasting just over 25 minutes.

It was absolute insanity.

My friend got silver with 70 eliminations and apparently gold said he had 85 elims.

X-Frame

POTG with Winston!

Clutch Temple of Anubis - Defend where I enraged and just started slamming people against the pillars and walls and got a triple kill, pretty cool!

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
Is anyone havings like, lag issues on PC? Not even like netcode, like it's just choppy and a really really inconsistent framerate. I've seen on the blizz forums a bunch of people complaining about the same thing. Tried all the normal stuff (Reinstalled drivers, installed old drivers, reinstalled the game, etc) Thought I'd see if GAF has a fix.

I'm running a GTX 970, i7-4400k, 16GB RAM. Like, everything else runs smooth as hell.

Really frustrating. I wanna play, but it's unplayable in its current state.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
There are always people with magical versions of a game with issues :)

This is what it's like for everyone I know: https://youtu.be/0MgzgK2Eky8

"Tickrate is cancer" Must be the old man in me but I fucking hate how people use cancer and aids flippantly like that these days.

You know whats actually cancer? Cancer.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
"Tickrate is cancer" Must be the old man in me but I fucking hate how people use cancer and aids flippantly like that these days.

You know whats actually cancer? Cancer.

Agree on that, I hate it too but ignoring that silliness what he shows is exactly my experience with the game. I love it but technically it's not great, I've been playing online shooters since the 90s and Overwatch definitely offers more "wait what?" moments than most.

come in with 3 minute left on the attack payload on hollywood. picked mei just to snipe people. we won though with it started to go into OT

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Yeah theres even a thread about it.

Speaking of the tickrate/server latency/whatever it is issue, my biggest problem is getting on the point or the payload on overtime and still losing. Its happened a couple of times and ive seen it happen to other people in my group aswell, its maddening. Random bullshit deaths I dont really care about, I learned to live with those after taking a few random Hanzo arrows to the face :3

Dreavus

Agree on that, I hate it too but ignoring that silliness what he shows is exactly my experience with the game. I love it but technically it's not great, I've been playing online shooters since the 90s and Overwatch definitely offers more "wait what?" moments than most.

There are so many abilities in the game that are encouraging players to push them to their absolute limit and activate as late as possible, like ice block, rewind, and Genji dash, but sometimes the server can't seem to keep up. It's pretty unfortunate.

Trying to find cover when already being shot at is a recipe for disaster. I know sometimes when I try to duck around a corner, even if I'm not killed, I take way more damage than I think I should have.

Blizzard has said a lot of it is to do with latency though, so I dunno if the tick rate would help. Have people tested the higher version in custom?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

Almost unbelievable, great for the team though, imagine being Manchester United OW.

There are so many abilities in the game that are encouraging players to push them to their absolute limit and activate as late as possible, like ice block, rewind, and Genji dash, but sometimes the server can't seem to keep up. It's pretty unfortunate.

Trying to find cover when already being shot at is a recipe for disaster. I know sometimes when I try to duck around a corner, even if I'm not killed, I take way more damage than I think I should have.

Blizzard has said a lot of it is to do with latency though, so I dunno if the tick rate would help. Have people tested the higher version in custom?

I've had to condition myself to pop certain abilities a little earlier than I'd like to just so they activate.

Redmoon

This is officially the most intense game I have ever played, all 3 points went to 99% 99% overtime so the whole match ended up lasting just over 25 minutes.

It was absolute insanity.

My friend got silver with 70 eliminations and apparently gold said he had 85 elims.

I've had many KOTH games that went exactly like that and lasted almost as long. Even had the game's overtime run out since OT would take to long in some matches. It's a pure rush of enjoyment the whole way through since its just nonstop action.

It's hands down the best gamemode in the game.

Then you play the other modes and the games over in like sub 5 minutes :p

Durden77

So when hooking someone with Roadhog, is it better to try and move the cursor towards the middle of their body if it looks a little off? Or should you always just immediately fire?

Xeteh

So when hooking someone with Roadhog, is it better to try and move the cursor towards the middle of their body if it looks a little off? Or should you always just immediately fire?

In a perfect world you shouldn't have to move your aim at all after the hook lands but with how pathing can break sometimes you have to try to react. Feels like anyone moving even remotely fast, like Lucio or Tracer/Genji during a blink/dash will end up behind you. If there's any obstruction between you and the hooked target there's a good chance they'll end up beside you.

Is anyone havings like, lag issues on PC? Not even like netcode, like it's just choppy and a really really inconsistent framerate. I've seen on the blizz forums a bunch of people complaining about the same thing. Tried all the normal stuff (Reinstalled drivers, installed old drivers, reinstalled the game, etc) Thought I'd see if GAF has a fix.

I'm running a GTX 970, i7-4400k, 16GB RAM. Like, everything else runs smooth as hell.

I haven't run into any issues myself. Running 980ti, i7-6700k, and 16GB RAM.

Thought it was funny earlier tonight. I was Widow on defense on King's Row and the enemy team had a level 92 Widow who I kept killing. They gave up, swapped to Junkrat, and it was too late for them.

jotun?

Just had the pleasure of a couple matches with some exploiting Reaper players

Apparently they have a way of teleporting out of the spawn area during setup time, we had two reapers waiting to ambush us as soon as the doors opened on a KotH map.

Then the far worse one, on Temple of Anubis they both managed to teleport inside different parts of the sarcophagus that's standing on the B point, blocking the capture while being immune to almost everything. Hanzo ult can get them, but you need multiple because the Reapers can wraith form to dodge it

Satch

Banned
Just had the pleasure of a couple matches with some exploiting Reaper players

Apparently they have a way of teleporting out of the spawn area during setup time, we had two reapers waiting to ambush us as soon as the doors opened on a KotH map.

Then the far worse one, on Temple of Anubis they both managed to teleport inside different parts of the sarcophagus that's standing on the B point, blocking the capture while being immune to almost everything. Hanzo ult can get them, but you need multiple because the Reapers can wraith form to dodge it

i saw that exploit on reddit

you teleport on the door and youll get out the other side. im surprised blizzard hasnt patched it yet

jotun?

Check if your graphics card is hitting its thermal limits. For some reason Overwatch pushes mine hot, and I had to change my fan profile to avoid problems

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I've had many KOTH games that went exactly like that and lasted almost as long. Even had the game's overtime run out since OT would take to long in some matches. It's a pure rush of enjoyment the whole way through since its just nonstop action.

Then you play the other modes and the games over in like sub 5 minutes :p

Absolutely, when you have a game that good i'm reminded of why i love this game!

Canucked

I got obliterated in weekly brawl because I kept getting genji and I may as well just walk off the map....

My hat is off to those who love him.

Grisby

Had some good games tonight. The random heroes mode is way better than last weeks brawl. Super fun.

I don't know what it is, maybe the special effects, but the game can tear like a son of a bitch at times (seems like it was just when doing the brawl stuff).
I'm sure this has been posted before, but holy shit does it crack me up every time I see it.

yJFGZTY.jpg
It's always the Widowmakers on PS4. I have not run into a decent one yet it feels like.

Gorillaz

I don't understand why they made Torb's turrets have automatically lock on.

I don't understand why blizz thought people would think that shit was even a great idea to begin with.

Just about to hit level 60, cannot wait for another white, white, blue, white box. I truly do not remember the last box I got from just leveling up that wasn't 3 whites, 1 blue.

Kinsei

Banned
Anyone else hoping that once Sombra is released we'll get a heroes vs villains weekly brawl? It would be nice to have 100% confirmation on which side is which on each map. Sure some are obvious like Numbani, Route 66, and Watchpoint: Gibraltar are obvious, but other like King's Row aren't.

Any news regarding some sort of trial for this? Or a free weekend?

I've come close to buying it, but since it's MP only, I can't bring myself to spend the $90 blindly.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
It's always the Widowmakers on PS4. I have not run into a decent one yet it feels like.

PS4 sounds like heaven, are you telling me I can actually walk around corners without getting one shot in under a second? Are you telling me I can actually enjoy some maps!?

Rhaknar

Any news regarding some sort of trial for this? Or a free weekend?

I've come close to buying it, but since it's MP only, I can't bring myself to spend the $90 blindly.

They had a open beta period 2 weeks before launch. I doubt they will do it again for a long time if at all.

psyfi

Banned

Absolutely. All of my favorite OW moments have been in that mode.

Just about to hit level 60, cannot wait for another white, white, blue, white box. I truly do not remember the last box I got from just leveling up that wasn't 3 whites, 1 blue.
It's funny, it took me a while to get the new thread title because of how little I worry / think about loot boxes. Just play the game for fun and you'll get cool stuff eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom