• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

spootime

Lost my first match with 75 Elims with 90% kill participation. Included a first point defensive tracer who refused to switch. Good times.

click

Guess why we lost? Note that I only got to use Tanks/healers.

Oh god yeah competitive sure highlights how utterly terrible people can be. Wowzers. Had 3 great matches and then a total disaster team. Liking it though.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Wait for Ranked they said. People will stop making mistakes or dicking around they they said. I went into a ranked game and holy fuck this Reinhardt. Holy fuck. Charging left and right into the enemy alone just so he could die. Why? Why do this? You're not helping us and you're not doing your job. I'm trying to push with you as Soldier and every goddamn time you charge away into another pointless death leaving me high and dry to die with you. Please stop.

I just never charge in with people that do that. Just turns into a meat grinder. I'll stay back and heal everyone else, hoping that we can hold out 5 v 6. Lone wolves are on their own.

spootime

Instead of a level number, I have a white block with a gold "ranked" symbol in the middle. My brother has it as well. What does that mean?

Wanderer5

I just never charge in with people that do that. Just turns into a meat grinder. I'll stay back and heal everyone else, hoping that we can hold out 5 v 6. Lone wolves are on their own.

Reminds me of the the couple "need healing" from lone wolves when I am the sole healer.....

Apathy

I just got on and am trying to warm up in quick games before I go and do my placement matches. Boy love the fact this game decides it's smart to start a 5v6. Why the fuck would you start it, just wait. Oh but thats not the worst part, the 20 tick rate already pissed me off in my first game. I throw my land mine at someone and detonate it (the sound occurs) just to see no knockback, oh, i didn't do it on their screen, oh and add to that when I ressed it showed that my mine was still up and ready to detonate.

If I hear the sound of a mine exploding I expect it to explode, the same way when I click the button I expect the action, I don't like getting ported 2 second before I did it.

what a way to start souring my night blizzard

btw is the kill cam fucked for everyone?

So I had just enough time for one match, and decided to play my first placement match in competitive. Payload on Gibraltar - we did win in overtime. I played Reinhardt on offense and did okay - I blocked a lot of damage and pushed the cart a bunch! On defense I started with Junkrat and switched to Pharah because they had a Pharah, then I switched to Reinhardt because they had a Widow that was doing work. We almost held the final point, but I let myself get pinned and ultimated by the enemy Reinhardt, which let their Widow clean up the mess. On overtime I played Mercy - perhaps too aggressively (I don't play a lot of Mercy) in that I died a few times to a Reinhardt ultimate. But we did win.

Pros: Everybody seemed to take the game seriously. They played their roles, switched heroes appropriately, etc. Maybe I just got the good ones, but it was fun.

Cons: Salt. So much salt.

ExVicis

Everyone else was Genji or Phara or some other kind of flanker that really weren't going to be of any help at all.

besada

Banned
First placement match I had POTG, four gold medals, 24 eliminations, and a total of 45% of all team damage done. Good start:)

LMAO we had some idiot who refused our team comp and doesn't like double tank/healers. He starts talking shit and goes AFK deliberately; he threatened first. He refused to flank from the side with me when I sneaked behind the team an dused the group up message (I just needed a push after I distract their from behind). Then we report his ass and lose.

Fuck this game, fuck this community. I also have a screenshot of the amazing matchmaking (three prestige guys vs AFK team). BTW the guy that went AFK is (mentially) Disturbed.

Just an advice for people getting in competitive placement: Don't play solo.

48E3FF8F11116E744B76441A78862B17646EF3A9

Apathy

come on blizzard, i want my avoid player back, who cares if one guy had trouble with matchmaking, why do I have to suffer with terrible people because of it

placement is going to be every match lucio + mercy + 4 isnt it

Interesting placement match on lijiang.

My team had a 3 group, other had a 4 group of all 100+. Rest were solos.

We literally wiped the floor of them. You know it's bad when one guy goes bastion on market...

How do some of these guys get to 100 and still say they're good...

Cause level is just time + some experience. It doesn't equate skill in the slightest.

Tabby

come on blizzard, i want my avoid player back, who cares if one guy had trouble with matchmaking, why do I have to suffer with terrible people because of it

Right? If someone has trouble getting into matches because of it then it's mostly likely their own fault. For the greater good I say.

besada

Banned
Huh, usually this is folowed by "and we lost"

Nope, we hammered them. We moved fast and hard, raining fire and death as we went. It was a surprisingly coherent team.

Then I played Brawl and had the funniest game I've had in awhile. I played Mercy and rode along with this Pharah, and while everyone was fucking around we capped both points without much of a fight.

Zemm

I would love to know how they work out the initial rank, because the people I'm playing with and against now are a higher rank and are utter shit.

No_Style

Sorry Silver_Arrow etc. Wasn't a good night for me and this headache certainly didn't help. I wonder if it was caused by that sniper duo :/

Mr Nash

square pies = communism

So much this. It's gonna turn into "Avoid This Game Mode" for me if competitive is teeming with incompetent morons, trolls, and generally toxic individuals. (It's too soon to say, but I have my doubts)

-MD-

4-0 in ranked so far.

Had a guy on my team complain about both of my hero choices even though I had 3 gold medals throughout the match.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Again really.

Even if you don't have peeps you know or a forum thing to find folks to play with, if you're that annoyed playing with pubs, why not just single out the ones you think are good and friend them in order to build a posse?

XenoRaven

Again really.

Even if you don't have peeps you know or a forum thing to find folks to play with, if you're that annoyed playing with pubs, why not just single out the ones you think are good and friend them in order to build a posse?
I would rather play against 6 Meis than friend a random person I played with in Overwatch

ExVicis

Alright I'm done with ranked. I just had a KotH map where this guy would not stop playing Torbjorn despite continually dying and never having his turret up for more than a second. Yet, the guy justified it by saying he did "the most damage" and then when asked to stop he threw a fit and just keep killing himself all match out of spite.

I can't do this anymore. Blizzard needs a report for griefing because that's actively destroying my ability to enjoy the game when you're trying to be dead weight on purpose.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm not saying friend every random, but there's gotta be a few you've ran into that isn't complete shit? I refuse to believe that everyone are the only good players on all their teams.

It's pretty much how I do fighting games. Find players who I think are good and request an add. Some didn't respond, some did, fun times were had.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So I guess it's too early to know if 46 is bad?

Well it goes from 1-100

Best players on PC are in the high 60's, no one has spotted a 70+ skill rated player... Yet!

So getting to 40+ might be decent, if so

50+ good/great

60+ amazing

70+ God in human form at the moment

80-90+ Haxor/Skynet/AI in human form

100 Retire

ExVicis

I'm not saying friend every random, but there's gotta be a few you've ran into that isn't complete shit? I refuse to believe that everyone are the only good players on all their teams.
They're not playing right now. That's why I gave up on ranked. And it's not that I think I'm the only good player, but when you're griefing in ranked just because your ego was hurt when you were asked to switch characters I'm done.

ISOM

Well it goes from 1-100

Best players on PC are in the high 60's, no one has spotted a 70+ skill rated player... Yet!

So getting to 40+ might be decent, if so

50+ good/great

60+ amazing

70+ God in human form at the moment

80-90+ Haxor/Skynet/AI in human form

100 Retire

Makes sense. Seagull was in the 70s btw when I was watching his stream yesterday.

Zemm

From my 11 games people are picking the more viable classes and two supports are quite common, you still sometimes get that one guy who mains Hanzo or Bastion though but it seems more rare than in Quick Play so far.

Mupod

I have a group that I theoretically would be able to at least get a 5-man group going with but they all seem to have dropped this game in the past week. I was hoping they'd be back for ranked but I guess not.

I don't know why I believed them when they said that soloers wouldn't go up against full groups but yeah I guess that's happening. I'm mostly just pissed at getting losses on my card because of ragequitters.

From my 11 games people are picking the more viable classes and two supports are quite common, you still sometimes get that one guy who mains Hanzo or Bastion though but it seems more rare than in Quick Play so far.

Opposite experience here...I've only run into 'nobody will pick tanks or supports' groups in quick play once or twice recently. So far that's been half my competitive teams. I've been left staring at the character select trying to figure out a way to unfuck the situation I'm in and there's just no answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom