• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

styl3s

Competitive is the most intense Overwatch play I've ever experienced.

You actually need to take breaks in between matches to allow your body to come down a bit and refocus.
I have had to take a break after every game especially after 2 of them went into sudden death it was the most intense fucking shit man. Right now i stand at 6-1.

So far every game has been a good experience with nice people (on my team atleast) some guy on the opposite team called us fa____s. I'm sure i could say that in context here but i hate saying and typing that word. I would def like to play ranked with actual party members maybe one day.

Grief.exe

there are just some people wanting to throw match just to fuck up people's placement.

image.php

Cade

What's the deal with not being able to shoot when you're Torbjorn and you've molten cored, shot a few shots and reloaded? It fucked me over twice tonight.

ExVicis

Torbjorn on attack on King's Row, smdh

At the very least if you're doing this shit put the turret on the payload. A few times I saw payload attack teams with a Torbjorn and the fucker just would put that shit off in a corner somewhere. As if we really need that turret to kill the one tracer that might be behind us.

At the very least if you're doing this shit put the turret on the payload. A few times I saw payload attack teams with a Torbjorn and the fucker just would put that shit off in a corner somewhere. As if we really need that turret to kill the one tracer that might be behind us.
That's if they get to the first checkpoint to get the payload. Seagull is enabling people to pick him lol

Apathy

why is my rank determined by idiots?

Just had a torb run away from the point rather than get on it and we lost. how does someone get to this point and want to play in ranked and not know something so basic

ramyeon

why is my rank determined by idiots?

Just had a torb run away from the point rather than get on it and we lost. how does someone get to this point and want to play in ranked and not know something so basic
Ranked is going to bring out a lot of anger in people, isn't it?

Honestly I care little about my rank itself, which will likely soft reset after each season anyway. I'm totally there for the more intense games though.

As for the quality of matchmaking... everyone is trying out ranked mode now that it just dropped. Give it time.

R0ckman

I waa in a group ALL mics, 3 of them alive and stood outside the point and let it get captured (no ult was used on enemy side).

Apathy

Honestly I care little about my rank itself, which will likely soft reset after each season anyway. I'm totally there for the more intense games though.

As for the quality of matchmaking... everyone is trying out ranked mode now that it just dropped. Give it time.

Well the whole point of ranked is that you want to do well. If people want to be all casual don't care if you win or lose do stupid things that's what quickplay is for. Like I don't care he picked Torb, ok, I've seen some good ones, hes just not doing match mechanics and it's now hurting me.

They should have tried it in ptr if they were able to :p
I wish people tried to give it their best and not fool around like they just started the Game. All these over lvl 100 and they at this way

Feltrol

Banned
Competitive Mode is amazing! Played with some friends and it put our skills to the limit. These matches sure are helping me improve greatly as Mercy, either way.

Currently in 55.

ramyeon

Well the whole point of ranked is that you want to do well. If people want to be all casual don't care if you win or lose do stupid things that's what quickplay is for. Like I don't care he picked Torb, ok, I've seen some good ones, hes just not doing match mechanics and it's now hurting me.

They should have tried it in ptr if they were able to :p
I wish people tried to give it their best and not fool around like they just started the Game. All these over lvl 100 and they at this way
At the end of the day you're not going to be grouping with the same people all the time if you're playing solo queue. Yes, they may hurt your rank a little bit for the one or two games they're with you but as you play and rank up (And they rank down if they're really that bad) then the matchmaking will separate you from them.

It's early days yet and from the sounds of things it's more than just win or lose that determines your rank. Just play the best that you can or form some groups if you want to take it to the next level.

Blizzard

Banned
there are just some people wanting to throw match just to fuck up people's placement. we just had a match on Dorado on attack and this bitch picked Torbjorn. so much eye rolling i wanted throw up.

and then he switched to Bastion at one point. then back to Torbjorn. let's just say we managed to hit one checkpoint. and that's it.

good news i got 71% hook accuracy out of the game so at least i'm satisfied on that front.
Why would eye rolling make you throw up? Why would they be a "bitch" for trying an unusual champion? That's mean.

Apathy

I'm still amazed that people could get past level 25, let alone closer to 100 and not get on the point or understand how OT works. I'm coming around to the idea that the training mode should not have been optional.

Yeah the elims are super high in these ranked games

I was surprised by it

I did the russian map for 4 rounds and was silver in elims as lucio, and I was the only healer my side had. with 22

ramyeon

Zenyatta is one of my new favourite heroes to play since the other day. I would love a small buff to make him more viable in higher level play.

Zemm

Watching Lirik's stream and overtime in Competitive is a shit show. He's had to play that shitty Russian 2cp map 3 times defence and attack now, all in the same match. Ugh.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
competitive was a mistake, way too much bitching. We got people looking at my profile and seeing how many hours i put into the hero im playing as, telling me to switch to someone else.

xaosslug

Torbjorn on attack on King's Row, smdh

a good strategy is to use Torby on attack point A (sneak behind enemy lines, find a good place to set up your turret, watch as their defenses fall apart - it's a plus if you've got an ult saved up, and when the opposing team becomes wise to the turret and they all come at you HIT DAT ULT :D), but of cfc you have to switch characters to move the payload, otherwise you're useless the rest of the match trying (and failing) to set up your turret. XD

Watching Lirik's stream and overtime in Competitive is a shit show. He's had to play that shitty Russian 2cp map 3 times defence and attack now, all in the same match. Ugh.

I got Hanamura and Volskaya in placement matches, and temple of Anubis everyday. I get those three maps (Bermuda triangle) everyday for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom