• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
They're not playing right now. That's why I gave up on ranked. And it's not that I think I'm the only good player, but when you're griefing in ranked just because your ego was hurt when you were asked to switch characters I'm done.

Ah nah I get it, randoms can suck. There was one time where we had a genji prancing around point A in hollywood doing jack as the payload was being contested near the end. I'm more referring about a way to avoid that situation really beforehand.

Tabby

2-8 club! Lol, but it's nice to know I wasn't the only one dealing with some shit teams. Hopefully we can get a barometer chart for good, bad, average etc soon.

Yeah. I've had one or two good games where players used their mics but all the loses and shit teams just left a bad taste on the entire experience.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Just going to spam Reaper for placement. Fuck teamplay.

Pratfall

love watching people encounter the hell that is ranked matchmaking in a competitive online game. it is honestly the worst addition that a developer can add to a game.

ISOM

Yeah. I've had one or two good games where players used their mics but all the loses and shit teams just left a bad taste on the entire experience.

None of the games I played did anyone use a mic but still the way they played was still terrible even if they did have mics.

XenoRaven

Maybe I have a selective memory, but I've been playing shooters online since Halo 2, and I cannot recall, for the life of me, a time where I would just get thrown into so many absolutely unwinnable games in a god damn row.

Edit: Oh and now a team that wants to play all McCree! *leave*

ExVicis

Maybe I have a selective memory, but I've been playing shooters online since Halo 2, and I cannot recall, for the life of me, a time where I would just get thrown into so many absolutely unwinnable games in a god damn row.

Were you getting that too? I had a couple games where I joined and the points were already stacked against my team and I got weird maps here I had to defend the first two points of Payload or lose.

D.Va

Neo Member
I'm not saying friend every random, but there's gotta be a few you've ran into that isn't complete shit? I refuse to believe that everyone are the only good players on all their teams.

It's pretty much how I do fighting games. Find players who I think are good and request an add. Some didn't respond, some did, fun times were had.

I've added a few people who I had previously played with and are great. The hard thing though is that all of them don't know me, they don't know each other, and they probably already have a competitive group amongst their own group of friends. /sigh

...but I will still try and ask them to group up, ofc. lol

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Triple D-VA saved us from the hell that is Temple of Anubis competitive (we played like 5 rounds of that map O.O).

Went 7-3 in placement matches, got rated at 56.

Zemm

Do most use mic during competitive play?

Not on PC EU. I heard some people say hello then that was it (I always said hello back to let them know someone was there and to maybe get them talking but nope).

wins/lose record in placement seems to heavily impact the initial rank.

R0ckman

Lost two games in comp because our team argued over composition the whole time. Kept complaining about counters while the other team used team work. They made a Pharah out to be a monster but several times I took her out as Tracer or almost until they asked their team for back up.

Yeah, maybe I've lost my sense of humor after so many horrible games with bad pub teams. One of my first matches everyone started picking Soldier: 76 and I chuckled and said "Sure, why not?" and we all played as him for a near-defeat. Now... if I even see three of the same character and nobody looks like they're going to switch, I just quit and try my luck again with folks who will take things a little more seriously. Yeah, I know, I'm a stick in the mud, but after 3-4 losses in a row, I'm not in the mood for "Hey, let's all play Tracer just for fun!"

Grief.exe

Competitive is the most intense Overwatch play I've ever experienced.

You actually need to take breaks in between matches to allow your body to come down a bit and refocus.

Only played two placement matches, it was really laggy and I kept having to rejoin. So I think I’m going to hold off for a bit and wait until it gets better.

First game was on King’s Row, I went Luci and we got beat. I got like four gold medals, but oh well. Second game went much better. It was Lijiang Tower and I went Pharah, I got 40 kills and we won that match. Both matches were pretty decent, everyone knew what they were doing. It was just too laggy for me, so I stopped.

Apathy

Wow, first match went like shit. Why did I expect better? Why even bother healing these idiots.

Literally, these people are garbage. never protected me as the healer, never even bothered killing a tracer that was harassing, had a roadhog that would use their ult at the entrance of anubis b and timid reins even with 2 healers.

If avoid players was still around I would put the whole team on my avoid list. I'm going to go back and just play junk regardless, this is stupid with pugs.

Literally I don't think I've played with worse people on my team, even those that didn't get on the point at least could kill things.

ExVicis

I think personally I'll just do some normal Matchmaking for a while and give it a couple of days for everyone toxic or all the griefers to get it out of their system before I come back and try to do some ranked matches again. Might be a few days before that happens though.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Game #4 in ranked and playing vs 50 and 60 people.

Got disconnected twice now and instead of 4-0 I'm 3-1
Fuck you Blizzarddddddddddd

Apathy

I think personally I'll just do some normal Matchmaking for a while and give it a couple of days for everyone toxic or all the griefers to get it out of their system before I come back and try to do some ranked matches again. Might be a few days before that happens though.

I was not finding any matches. I was getting 2 minute waits just to play the same people i had just played

there are just some people wanting to throw match just to fuck up people's placement. we just had a match on Dorado on attack and this bitch picked Torbjorn. so much eye rolling i wanted throw up.

and then he switched to Bastion at one point. then back to Torbjorn. let's just say we managed to hit one checkpoint. and that's it.

good news i got 71% hook accuracy out of the game so at least i'm satisfied on that front.

It happened again. First and foremost, the first guy that went AFK had a 45% winrate and main'd Soldier-76; why the hell is he getting grouped with my 57% winrate?

Okay, out of four games, one was barely proper (we barely won the first one because of Torb). The second game was bad team comp/low level players, and the following two were quitters/AFK midmatch/trolls. Here are the screenshots below. What saddens me is that we almost won 99vs99 in KoTH with only five players.

there are just some people wanting to throw the game for your team to lose. we just had a match on Dorado on attack and this bitch picked Torbjorn. so much eye rolling i wanted throw up.

and then he switched to Bastion at one point. then back to Torbjorn. let's just say we managed to hit one checkpoint. and that's it.

Every damn time. There has to be at least one idiot who wants to go Torbjorn and doesn't even know how to use Torb properly. We tell him politely to switch, but nope. The three flankers are always there, and people allergic to double tank/double support are everywhere; the problem is that they suck as flankers LOL (they just die at choke points or chase good flankers from the other team).

Yeah that seems to be the logical move. Ignore competitive solo que for new or go with a premade team. The update is like some DLC for some idiots.

82D207F9B009D9EF3EBAC3F0F217440DDD91AF8D

0D1B23B190647AB2244F8129B76C8BFD573B735D

4198DBAC2409AEADFC6F8C42AFBD1DF0E0756DFB

Onemic

Why do you only get one token for a competitive match? I feel like you should get a hell of a lot more considering how long one match can go for.

XenoRaven

Yeah, maybe I've lost my sense of humor after so many horrible games with bad pub teams. One of my first matches everyone started picking Soldier: 76 and I chuckled and said "Sure, why not?" and we all played as him for a near-defeat. Now... if I even see three of the same character and nobody looks like they're going to switch, I just quit and try my luck again with folks who will take things a little more seriously. Yeah, I know, I'm a stick in the mud, but after 3-4 losses in a row, I'm not in the mood for "Hey, let's all play Tracer just for fun!"
Try 6-7

No it's cool. Just put me in a game where there's 8 minutes on the clock and the enemy team has pushed the Payload past almost all the checkpoints. I'm sure we can recover just fine.

What are the dashes next to names on the score screen during a competitive match? First few matches I had the little purple dash like everyone, last match I got a fancy little emblem thing. Is it just a "you're doing pretty well" thing?

ExVicis

I was not finding any matches. I was getting 2 minute waits just to play the same people i had just played

Well goddamn Blizzard! Fuck it then I'll just go pick up a new hobby or something. I'll basket-weave until Overwatch Ranked play is less crap.

What are the dashes next to names on the score screen during a competitive match? First few matches I had the little purple dash like everyone, last match I got a fancy little emblem thing. Is it just a "you're doing pretty well" thing?

It's all bugged. I was playing with Plywood and he's still doing placement. on my screen i saw him ranked 64 but you finished placement?

dash mean they haven't ranked yet and still doing placement.

R0ckman

New bitchmove Torb strat. Put your turret on the elevator on Hollywood. Couldn't get rid of the guy doing that.

Didnt have that much trouble with it as Soilder.

Honestly competetive sounds like a total shit show. Would like to try with some Gaffers before I never touch it again.

To think it would be at max toxicity this quickly. Suiciding Torbs? Lol WTF is wrong with people?

It means that you are a top 500 player, but you are not, because it is a bug. The devs said they are trying to fix it on Overwatch forums.

You don't know that! :p (I do, though)

Cool, thanks for the info.

looks like the competitive badge is just broken lol.

i wouldn't be surprise if your rank isn't right either.

Nah, my rank is definitely right. I played a match or two after and confirmed that I am 49. Although, maybe I am in the top 500 rank 49 players? /s

looks like the competitive badge is just broken lol.

i wouldn't be surprise if your rank isn't right either.

anyways. i'm going to bed. i can't deal with these losses. i'm going to rethink and do it again tomorrow. hopefully the teams will be at least better.

also. please switch hero if youre doing shit.

there was a comp match where we were on Lijiang tower. i picked junkrat first but then some other guy did too. i didn't really want to go two junk rat and didn't want to say anything to him so i switched. maybe it was just me but i didn't see any sorta bomb go off or tire when he played. he then finally switched on the last round with 60% already up for the other team. when i picked junkrat we had a fighting chance but overall we just loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom