• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

kEWW4Bn.png

Are icons for all placement matches this icon? Won the second game

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Won my first 2 placement games duo-queuing with a friend. Surprised at how balanced the team comps have been (2-2-2 for the most part), though I went straight to playing Reinhardt to make sure that we had that backbone at least. :p

Shahadan

Already dumb little tyrants trying to tell people what to do and giving stupid orders getting everyone killed.
I won't be playing this for long I guess.

Chuck

Still without luck
getting straight red x's because we have mcrees and hanzos not doing fuck all is the purest garbage.

i recommend only playing with 5 other friends in competitive.

MUnited83

For you.
if you're on EU i'd wait a bit before going competitive. Servers are going to shit. Got disconnected from a competitive match shortly before winning the damn thing :(

Satch

Banned
2 games in and this is probably only playable in a group for me, this solo experience has been killer

Interesting experience so far

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
2 games in and this is probably only playable in a group for me, this solo experience has been killer

Interesting experience so far

Good luck if you are on EU, shits a wasteland

Blizzard

Banned
From the other thread:

First Overwatch game! 44 elims, 3 gold medals, we're 1 minute away from winning!

GAME CRASH, WAITING ON SCAN AND REPAIR, WAITING ON REPAIR UPDATE, REJOIN DURING SUDDEN DEATH, TEAM LOSES

That was heartbreaking. I was playing so well. ;_;

Hopefully my second placement game goes more smoothly...

Veelk

Banned
Okay, I have a question. Am I supposed to be taking more than a minute to get to some areas with certain characters from my spawn point?

It doesn't matter with some characters who have a good speed gimmick, but I selected Mercy not long ago, and I could see people needing my help, but I had to trek all the way there first. Without anyone in my vision, I couldn't fly anywhere, so it was just me running and running and running...

Am I just not aware enough of the maps or something?

Anyone?

Mr Nash

square pies = communism

When stopping payloads, it's a long walk back if the thing is still around the first checkpoint. It's why I tend to go Lucio for speed boost or Symettra to build teleporters in order to save people some travel time after re-spawning on some of those maps (I find Route 66 and Hollywood particularly bad for this).

DrArchon

1st competitive game, KOTH on Lijiang tower.

Some fuckface on our team thinks to themselves "we need a Widowmaker that shits back and never tries to touch the objective and just goes for kills". Works well enough on the control point where he can, you know, cover the objective. But when everyone on our team tries to tell him that widow won't work on the night market or garden stages he points to his damage done stat and refuses to switch. We get murdered as a result because we're playing 5v6 on the point.

God I hate hardcore sniper players so fucking much.

Had a placement match one everyone but one person on the other team bailed out after not being able to crack our defense of the point in round 2.

We all gave the last guy who stayed an epic card, since thats really all we can do. Aside from telling him he's a trooper for staying and that his team sucks

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Had a placement match one everyone but one person on the other team bailed out after not being able to crack our defense of the point in round 2.

We all gave the last guy who stayed an epic card, since thats really all we can do. Aside from telling him he's a trooper for staying and that his team sucks

Hopefully those morons that left make a habit of it and get banned from the season sooner rather than later.

Pilgrimzero

1st comp game my team has one person who is afk the other just runs around the starting area and never leaves it. So of course we lose and I get negative score on comp.

Why do people do this?

The fucking retarded Hanzo+Torbfuckingjorn still exists in competitive. FFS we don't need useless defense characters that can't push; your torbshit can't do shit when your torret is dead.

Also, too many rounds in the worst map imo. Volskaya sucks.

Ayumi

Ahh.. I hope this will be popular on the Asia server too. I've been wanting to brawl but no one plays that mode so I never find a match. I will try NA if the lag isn't too bad, if I have no other choice for competitive.

Zemm

How does this game find the only guy who mains Bastion and puts him on my team every game? Seriously the matchmaking is dog shit.

Remember everyone:

If you win it was a good clean match where you feel you contributed a good amount regardless of your actual abilities or that of your teammates. We won in large part because of YOU! GG, well played, you guys did great WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN I DIDNT GET POTG?! I GOT A TRIPLE KILL!

If you lose it's everyone's fault but your own and how dare they drag you down. Be sure to point out why they're wrong for being such uncouth savages who don't understand the fundamentals of switching and/or reading your mind and doing everything you wanted them to do because you obviously had the plan that would have won it before it began. Also throw in a few saucy slurs at them.

Tabby

How does this game find the only guy who mains Bastion and puts him on my team every game? Seriously the matchmaking is dog shit.

Had a Bastion on attack in Dorado and we only pushed it about 30m. It's riduculous.

Also had a "Genji main" who refused to play anything else.

Hyun Sai

Remember everyone:

If you win it was a good clean match where you feel you contributed a good amount regardless of your actual abilities or that of your teammates. We won in large part because of YOU! GG, well played, you guys did great WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN I DIDNT GET POTG?! I GOT A TRIPLE KILL!

If you lose it's everyone's fault but your own and how dare they drag you down. Be sure to point out why they're wrong for being such uncouth savages who don't understand the fundamentals of switching and/or reading your mind and doing everything you wanted them to do because you obviously had the plan that would have won it before it began. Also throw in a few saucy slurs at them.

Sounds about right.

What does this icon mean?
http://i.imgur.com/avjPxnK.png

Note: that's not my account.

I have the same icon. I won my first competitive match; anticipating a losing streak next. The last round was an epic Soldier-76 play. Except when that retarded Reinhardt didn't stand in the choke point where I can cover him up; he asks for healing and I drop my health pack, but he fucks off and starts chasing people.

Fuck Torbjorn. Seriously, fuck him and Bastion. We need someone popular to make a video and popularize the FACT that Torbjorn and Bastion are low-tier characters that can be easily countered; if you find them competent, then you should learn how to counter them and play them first. Some idiot wanted us to stack Torbs and I refused; if I did, my Soldier-76 woldn't have gotten 16 objective eliminations. I would be at spawn point with my Torb while the other team shits on the objective.

Remember everyone:

If your team doesn't make obvious mistakes (wasting ults, ridiculous stacking/picks, no healers/tanks), and they don't respond to you in chat, then you have the right to blame them. You might be part of the problem, because the other team might have been too good, but that doesn't excuse you from self-criticism. I think blaming people for normal picks (as in there are enough characters of each class) and in-match mistakes/aim problems is too much--you are just being a deluded asshole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom