• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Frame

So apparently Mercy is bugged on PC now?

I'm on PS4 but there are half a dozen new threads on reedit about her beam toggling now being broken or slowed down considerably, not mentioned in the patch notes.

Well my first competitive match I was put on maybe actually the dumbest team I've ever been on. It was... something else.

This is neat though. I like the UI changes and the "start of match" music is way more intimidating.

vypek

So apparently Mercy is bugged on PC now?

I'm on PS4 but there are half a dozen new threads on reedit about her beam toggling now being broken or slowed down considerably, not mentioned in the patch notes.

Damn that sucks. Will really screw people if that is true. Well, it is more than likely true if there are so many threads on it.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Just crushed my first 4 games, I hope I don't get placed too high lol.

Quick question: can ranked people play with friends who are still in placement matches?

Pilgrimzero

Just had the best match ive ever played and I saw that even though my team lost.

The other team had THE BEST D.Va player I have ever seen.

And I played my best Pharah game, I have learned a lot.

Giong from Quick play to Comp is amazing.

DasFool

Is the one competitive point per win permanent? Does Blizzard expect people to grind out 6300 wins to get all of the gold weapons?

Eric WK

Is the one competitive point per win permanent? Does Blizzard expect people to grind out 6300 wins to get all of the gold weapons?

You also get points at the end of the season based on your rank.

It would be an awful reward if everyone had every golden gun without a significant time investment, anyhow.

so far in comp its been lose lose lose

Placement or actual matches? It doesn't matter that much as long as your rating is 40-60. If you are in a very coordinated group and you still lose a lot, there might be something wrong or you are getting some really good players (you can win if you make subtle changes); you can't judge from a small poll of matches as you can get unlucky by playing really good players or good counters to your pick.

Let the solo queue horror stories flow.

Someone told me Hanzo>Reinhardt is solo que when we needed a good push. As you know, Hanzo is the opposite of being my favorite characters due to reasons related to the solo que playerbase. Honestly, we should stop talking about solo que and make it a TDM/live practice thing.

DoornicK

Neo Member
I started competitive mode with a 6 win streak, and finally lost in my 7th, which was a slaughter. I'll finish my 10 games tomorrow.

styl3s

So far this is just like quick play wih angrier less malleable people just as i suspected
I have had nothing but nice people using mics working like a team which is the polar opposite experience of quick play for me.

I'm sure it will even out and i will get vile scumbags on my team but dammit a man can believe.

Lokbob

7-3 with Mercy and now 53 after placement matches, I thought I would end up at like 20 because so many good streamers ended up at ~50.

Not sure if I keep playing Ranked, I don't really like any of the golden weapons.

Satch

Banned
Man on koth please dont go spawn camp when u get the point, two guys threw our whole game dying at the enemy spawn and we lost the whole fucking match

Stop doing that shit

Tabby

Ranked on Gibraltar defence. 3 of their team left and no one replaced them. Me and Genji just saying hi and doing emotes by the door.

Satch

Banned
I have had nothing but nice people using mics working like a team which is the polar opposite experience of quick play for me.

I'm sure it will even out and i will get vile scumbags on my team but dammit a man can believe.
Lol my first three games just had people arguing with eachh other, the angriest theyve been since i started playing this game

Does it auto-prestige? If not maybe you can just keep going
I think most people here just say the exact level they actually are. I'm pretty sure it does auto prestige, it's just that 257 is a lot easier to say than 2 stars level 57.

Who knows, I could be wrong.

Veggy

I think most people here just say the exact level they actually are. I'm pretty sure it does auto prestige, it's just that 257 is a lot easier to say than 2 stars level 57.

Who knows, I could be wrong.

Yep, it does auto prestige but saying the level is easier

I'm 1 star level 53!

Wanderer5

Bleh wish downloading didn't take ages for some reason, cause I might miss a couple friends that been already in the mode tonight.:/

Pretty eh at the golden weapon, but I might just might look at one for lucio if I get enough point cause the Hippityhop's version of the gun is already gold like and the golden version makes it even more so!:p

Chance

I'm 90 for mercy. I wouldn't consider her a "main" but I do enjoy playing as her. Maybe I should do more.

I need to play with gaffers more.

I'm 89% with Mercy (terribly proud) but MAN I just could not help my pugs tonight. Switched to Tracer and steamrolled 3 games, and she's one of my worst - according to the numbers at least.

Interesting placement match on lijiang.

My team had a 3 group, other had a 4 group of all 100+. Rest were solos.

We literally wiped the floor of them. You know it's bad when one guy goes bastion on market...

How do some of these guys get to 100 and still say they're good...

ExVicis

Wait for Ranked they said. People will stop making mistakes or dicking around they they said. I went into a ranked game and holy fuck this Reinhardt. Holy fuck. Charging left and right into the enemy alone just so he could die. Why? Why do this? You're not helping us and you're not doing your job. I'm trying to push with you as Soldier and every goddamn time you charge away into another pointless death leaving me high and dry to die with you. Please stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom