• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
a good strategy is to use Torby on attack point A (sneak behind enemy lines, find a good place to set up your turret, watch as their defenses fall apart - it's a plus if you've got an ult saved up, and when the opposing team becomes wise to the turret and they all come at you HIT DAT ULT :D), but of cfc you have to switch characters to move the payload, otherwise you're useless the rest of the match trying (and failing) to set up your turret. XD
offensive Torb is seriously underrated.

Going to be placed in a lower rank than I would be because my computer randomly crashed during a placement match, not even done with all 10 of them and I can still feel the salt slowly shaking out.

kingocfs

Played 5 competitive matches, went 2-3. Played mostly support.

Came across a few incredible players, too. My reaction to those situations was basically...

34bde2c7eac4b12fec8ebfad5b806f0f5c12f2f7493fd40ca2e01f5d6c84901e.jpg

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I really think a simple mobility change could make a huge difference.

Although his ultimate is just garbage and has no synergy with his design.

The mobility change won't help him much with that either. He's still easily killed by widow, easily killed by pharrah, easily killed by tracer/genji, and basically needs a rein + anti-flanker that is basically built around him being in the team.

mbpm1

The mobility change won't help him much with that either. He's still easily killed by widow, easily killed by pharrah, easily killed by tracer/genji, and basically needs a rein + anti-flanker that is basically built around him being in the team.

what if they make his ability invisiblity

No don't do it

Grief.exe

a good strategy is to use Torby on attack point A (sneak behind enemy lines, find a good place to set up your turret, watch as their defenses fall apart - it's a plus if you've got an ult saved up, and when the opposing team becomes wise to the turret and they all come at you HIT DAT ULT :D), but of cfc you have to switch characters to move the payload, otherwise you're useless the rest of the match trying (and failing) to set up your turret. XD

I guess, but why not be useful all of the time instead of useless the majority of the game?

xaosslug

it's also a MUST to switch his alt-fire w/ his primary, because that peashooter won't cut it in a 1v1 against anyone. But a skilled Torb player can take out a D.Va/Winston single-handedly with his alt-fire alone (no back-up from turret)

Oh man. Non-competitive pub games are fun again now that competitive has launched. (By this I mean teams aren't mute ragers that complain at the earliest opportunity, but instead play on. I actually played with the same 6-8 people for 4-5 matches.) Although it also helped that I was on the winning team every time.

Sora_N

Played two comp games.

Lost the first one horribly because everyone picked def and support only so we couldn't kill people.

Second time I played we won the payload and the defense too. Felt pretty good.

xaosslug

since they're nerfing Torb's turrets, they should add an on/off switch to it, so after you set it up it's not basically giving away your position while you're hammering it to lvl2... >_<

I guess, but why not be useful all of the time instead of useless the majority of the game?

good use of Torb can single-handedly take attack point A on pretty much any map (it's v. hard on Hollywood...), but like I said it's a good idea to switch once you're moving the payload. But at the same time Torb w/ his alt-fire can also go head-to-head with most other characters in the game, especially in close quarters + decent maneuvering skills.

Antiwhippy

what if they make his ability invisiblity

No don't do it

God I wish I got in on the beta where zen was apparently super broken. That would be so much fun.

good use of Torb can single-handedly take attack point A on pretty much any map (it's v. hard on Hollywood...), but like I said it's a good idea to switch once you're moving the payload. But at the same time Torb w/ his alt-fire can also go head-to-head with most other characters in the game, especially in close quarters + decent maneuvering skills.

Is this in the hypothetical scenario where the defending team doesn't have a decent sniper?

Competitive is hilarious. Now there's always that one dude who knows everything about Overwatch.

You mean those degenerates who tell you that you should pick a specific hero instead of discussing or suggesting a team composition? Yeah they also go AFK if you don't follow their insta-win master plan.

Antiwhippy

50HP and 25% speed boost?

... might be a bit much. :p

I dunno, I do know that I would love, LOVE to see zen viable for higher tier play, but I'm very much not in that and he still does work in lower levels of play. Just gotta learn to switch if you realise that it isn't working out, but that goes for every character.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Probably the most rage inducing thing so far is people running meta comps like double Lucio while not good enough to do so.

Like, we lost our first point with double Lucio, what made them think it would work on the fourth point???

R0ckman

Lost a match we had on lock because team goes moron and starts trickling, tell them to stop, tell the Soilder to focus on the pharah, nothing, ignores her while she keeps knocking us off the map, (was Lucio) saved them with Lucio ult still ****ed up the end.

Defuser

How do you guys deal with a good junkrat player as a ground hero? This character doesn't have seem to have a weakness besides quishy health. He can lob grenades from afar,get too close to him he will trap and trip you or mine jump away. If he dies he will drop explosives. I never seen such a annoying versatile character who covers both far and close.

mbpm1

How do you guys deal with a good junkrat player as a ground hero? This character doesn't have seem to have a weakness besides quishy health. He can lob grenades from afar,get too close to him he will trap and trip you or mine jump away. If he dies he will drop explosives. I never seen such a annoying versatile character who covers both far and close.

Roadhog hook combos kill him quick

Snipers take him out from afar

Tracer can be too annoying for him to hit reliably if you know what you're doing

McCree used to be able to lock him down, idk with his new nerf

Smart Genji reflects can make him be more cautious about grenade spam

Watch out for his location. Once noted, outmaneuver him and eliminate from the side or behind. There are risks, but he has very few defensive maneuvers outside of kill or be killed. He's very dangerous when people let him act as artillery.

Of course, if you're not a flanking hero it's pretty ineffective to try and do this to him. Pharahs, Genji's, Tracers, D.va's, etc. will do best in dealing with him. But again, he's really defenseless once cornered.

ramyeon

Eh granted I am on the PC version, but if there was a issue with the turret, I think the accuracy is more troublesome than the damage.
I agree. I think the tracking time is the real issue, it's far quicker and more precise than any player can be with the analog sticks. If you so much as peek around a corner it will lock onto you and fire at you in under a second it feels like.

Wanderer5

I agree. I think the tracking time is the real issue, it's far quicker and more precise than any player can be with the analog sticks. If you so much as peek around a corner it will lock onto you and fire at you in under a second it feels like.

Not to mention it also goes 360 and can do so fast.

With the 30% decrease, I guess the damage is going to be getting into the pitiful territory, but yeah maybe even on the PC version, it should be a bit imperfect with its tracking.:p

I trying to remember how good the Engi turret from TF2 was (least from 2008-2010 when I was playing the game and him a lot).

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
You know, i'm not sure I like the sudden death mechanic very much. Being given attacker and only two minutes feels absolutely awful on numbani and kings row.

R0ckman

I feel like competetive isnt really that good, it feels exactly like quick play. EXACTLY like it, no one wants to go healer, team goes tard and wont adapt other team will. No body really goes to the point all the time, its complete shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom