• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, relax, it's just a number. I understand caring about it but at some point you have to step back a bit.

The people I just played with were horrible. I terrorized them with Reinhardt and the enemy team went Bastion on attack (and got smashed). Those 30-40 guys and placement testers (one of them was a level 27 Hanzo main who used his ult from far away).

I don't care about the number, but aside from getting awful people, I can't get grouped with friends.

-MD-

The people I just played with were horrible. I terrorized them with Reinhardt and the enemy team went Bastion on attack (and got smashed). Those 30-40 guys and placement testers (one of them was a level 27 Hanzo main who used his ult from far away).

I don't care about the number, but aside from getting awful people, I can't get grouped with friends.

Why can't you? Can't you be within ~50 points of your group?

I haven't seen anyone at 84+ rank.

Got a legendary skin for one of my least used heroes, Widowmaker. Victorian skin.

It's a great skin, but c'mon Blizz. I'm the worst sniper in the world, and now I'll subject everyone to my skillz just for the sake of revelling in the legendary. I hope you're happy.

Kamion

Woot, two legendary skins in my Level 33 Lootbox! Arctic Mei and one for Pharah. I play both from time to time so this is good.

Had a fun game as D.Va on Gibraltar right now. The Torbjörn must have HATED me.

Pretty sure you get points as a prize at the end of the season.

Like your reward for finishing rank 50 would be like 50 points or something.

They said it would take most players multiple seasons to unlock a skin. And only the best players would be able to do it in one season.

They don't know about those of us willing to grind one out every season then, lol.

Also, if you have trouble with headshots, you can run a custom bot match with headshot damage only. That also means skills won't effect enemies. If you want to win the game and not be stuck in overtime, you better get good at those headshots. My aim is SO much better now. Especially as McCree and Zen.

There's no way 50 is average imo. Maybe more like 35-40.

Yeah, I played pretty well (not fantastic but I held my own, including some nice plays like a 20+ killstreak with Lucio) and went 6-4 in the PTR and it ranked me at a hard 40. So average would definitely be right around 35-40 ish.

Fugu

Just played a match where the other team consisted of two different parties and my team had no partied players at all. We were also the underdog by two points.

We won in what I'm calling a damning indictment of Overwatch's matchmaking system.

kromeo

Does anyone really care about a golden weapon skin? That seems so tacky. Why doesn't Blizzard put more effort towards stuff that people might actually want to spend more money on? Like new character models skins instead of just texture swaps. I remember spending money every week on Dissidia 012 when S-E was releasing new music packs and character costumes which were actually new models. That shit was awesome. They have 21 characters here, they can do the same thing.

I guess the appeal for certain people will be the fact you can see their golden gun in the killcams

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is matchmaking just fucked if you are a new player? Getting dumped against level 20+ players when you're on a team of like level 5 players who don't know how to play the game at all is pretty much the anti-thesis of fun, especially after losing 6 games in a row.

Ken

Does anyone really care about a golden weapon skin? That seems so tacky. Why doesn't Blizzard put more effort towards stuff that people might actually want to spend more money on? Like new character models skins instead of just texture swaps. I remember spending money every week on Dissidia 012 when S-E was releasing new music packs and character costumes which were actually new models. That shit was awesome. They have 21 characters here, they can do the same thing.

I can't imagine golden weapon skins taking away much work hours from new skins. Plus you can't spend money for them anyways so it's not like they occupy the same spot on the shelf.

Is it true that ranked shares the actual same underlying MMR score as casual? So you might as well just play casual if you don't care for gold skins and the extended match time.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Holy crap, I just played 3 games back to back with nothing but horrible players, are all the decent people playing Competitive? I don't wanna play that mode cus I'd rather not have to go super try hard mode but quick play is full of people who go double Widowmaker when we have no tanks or healers or people who see there there's already a Mei in the time and pick her anyway.

Holy crap, I just played 3 games back to back with nothing but horrible players, are all the decent people playing Competitive? I don't wanna play that mode cus I'd rather not have to go super try hard mode but quick play is full of people who go double Widowmaker when we have no tanks or healers or people who see there there's already a Mei in the time and pick her anyway.

All of quick play players are playing competitive at the moment; they think it is some sort of DLC. Unless you are really leveled up and have a group/w mic, don't bother until things settle down. Those awful players will settle at lower rating (like me) and casuals will ignore the whole thing because it is tedious.

Just give it time or play with your friends. And yeah expect quitting, griefing and blaming from solo que.

ViviOggi

0-5 placement
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Now a leaver
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
"you may leave without penalty but with a loss"
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Guess I'm just a massive dumbass for trying this shit solo

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Still think it's absolute horse shit that you get a loss for a random leaving.

maomaoIYP

Pretty much how I feel about this. The golden guns are super tacky, and I would actually put money into new skins. Looking from the PC players' experiences here, stupidity is just as common in ranked. I'll just carrying on playing quick play once ranked comes to consoles then.

duckroll

I can't imagine golden weapon skins taking away much work hours from new skins. Plus you can't spend money for them anyways so it's not like they occupy the same spot on the shelf.

Oh I'm not saying it takes anything away from having skins, but the fact is that when launching this big new competitive mode Blizzard is using Golden weapon skins as the carrot "reward". They have said nothing about having new character costumes and stuff. It just feels like a crummy and unattractive reward to me.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Oh I'm not saying it takes anything away from having skins, but the fact is that when launching this big new competitive mode Blizzard is using Golden weapon skins as the carrot "reward". They have said nothing about having new character costumes and stuff. It just feels like a crummy and unattractive reward to me.
It's pretty trashy. Hopefully stattrak stuff comes soon along with other rewards that people actually care about.

Strain of ranked ladder getting to me after 1 day is not good.

maouvin

All these successful solo queue stories! Will wait for some friends to form a group. Yup.

Also, can you tell if the enemy team is a group/has a group?

ViviOggi

New skins are coming this summer: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745166466#post-5

But yeah the golden weapons are kinda trashé

Ken

Maybe. I'm fine with it cause I don't feel pressured to grind out 600+ games for a weapon since it's not that appealing.

I think you get a profile picture and spray for completing placement matches? I guess that's somewhat the Overwatch equivalent of season cardbacks in Hearthstone ranked play.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Is it? I've lost 2 matches today and not changed rank because of it. I figured it was performance based to some degree rather than simply Win/Loss based.
I lost a 3-4 Anubis and I went down 0.25 of a level so we were 25/75% favored to win. Only was close because we blitzed A with TANK META.
It should be based off a teams % chance to win and your MMR uncertainty.

Having two accounts is a pain in the ass. Two of my friends are stationed in Korea right now so I've been playing over there, but a bunch of my other friends are in NA. Wasn't much of an issue until ranked came out but now it's just awkward.

CoLaN

Seems like Blizzard is so focused on the Pro scene that they forgot to make the competitive mode actually fun and fair.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Holy Fuck the Weekly Brawl is Motherfucking HILARIOUS!

I just got a 10 kill streak as a Mercy, 17 eliminations and 6 deaths, and 2 clutch rez

Haha, games go on forfuckingever

Zemm

I wonder how long until we get the LoL dynamic backlash where people who Solo Q harbor huge resentment to those who play in groups and claim ranking means nothing when you can potentially be carried by better players.

Well it's kinda true is it not? Since you can't rank up from losses even if you carried that team then yes there will be players who solo /duo kill who will be better players than some who are a higher rank but have been getting carried.

D.Va

Neo Member
I was 6-4 during the placement and then I just... lost so many of the games played afterwards lol.

It sucks that losing one game brings you down an entire number. I ended up starting at 57 and ending at 52. What a downer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom