• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Yikes! Reading how the points distribution works in ranked after placement. I think I'll wait a bit before delving into that...

jg4xchamp

Went 5 wins and 5 losses (though one of them was a bullshit someone else quit loss, wtf?), and got a 49. So is that average? below average? sub par? gutter trash? MLGELITE? Greatest of all time?

What's the deal since there isn't like a league ranking thing.

TheYanger

Seems like Blizzard is so focused on the Pro scene that they forgot to make the competitive mode actually fun and fair.

What is unfair about it?

Went 5 wins and 5 losses (though one of them was a bullshit someone else quit loss, wtf?), and got a 49. So is that average? below average? sub par? gutter trash? MLGELITE? Greatest of all time?

What's the deal since there isn't like a league ranking thing.

It's a 1-100 scale. 50 is dead center.

kingslunk

Currently sitting at 6-2. Hope to get my last two games in soon. Should be 7-1 but friend dropped out and game queued before I could cancel and we got a fucking terrible randy. Oh well.

Apt101

Man, competitive mode is rough. I didn't realize how bad of a player I was until now. I'm still doing my placement matches but damn, I can already tell I need more practice. I pride myself as being a competent, good player with Mei and Reinhardt, but the Mei's and Rein's I saw in those matches were like horrifying, villainous, Lovecraft versions of me made only for the purpose of killing.

Man, competitive mode is rough. I didn't realize how bad of a player I was until now. I'm still doing my placement matches but damn, I can already tell I need more practice. I pride myself as being a competent, good player with Mei and Reinhardt, but the Mei's and Rein's I saw in those matches were like horrifying, villainous, Lovecraft versions of me made only for the purpose of killing.

You will see really aggressive Reinhardt players. But they can make their team lose if they overextend and get killed.

Nyx

Just had a defense game on Hanamura where the enemy had several Reinhardts and Winstons, capping point A pretty fast.

I changed from Roadhog to Reaper and ended up with a 22 kill streak and the Undying trophy, next to a victory. :)

Also did 18k dmg which was a career high.

What's this weeks weekly brawl?

Mercy and Pharah only, sounds as bad as it plays I should imagine

PiTiiAz.png

fresquito

I can't understand how people can be so dumb.

I'm not the most skilled player, but at least I understand the basics of the game. I just played a Ranked match. A D.Va that wouldn't use her thrusters. A Reaper that would not teleport to their backline. I used two ults as Lucio, and my teammates went back instead of pushing forward. Then on defense two of them pick Torb and plant their turrets behind the point we reached. So we were 4v6 and they had no problem surpasing us. It was so free for them.

Why is it so hard to read the rules of the game you're playing? How comes people level 70 don't know what the character they pick is meant for when playing Competitive mode?

I'm not salty because we lost, but because we didn't even play Overwatch. I don't know what these people think they are playing, but it certainly is not Overwatch.

I'm not the most skilled player, but at least I understand the basics of the game. I just played a Ranked match. A D.Va that wouldn't use her thrusters. A Reaper that would not teleport to their backline. I used two ults as Lucio, and my teammates went back instead of pushing forward. Then on defense two of them pick Torb and plant their turrets behind the point we reached. So we were 4v6 and they had no problem surpasing us. It was so free for them.

Why is it so hard to read the rules of the game you're playing? How comes people level 70 don't know what the character they pick is meant for when playing Competitive mode?

I'm not salty because we lost, but because we didn't even play Overwatch. I don't know what these people think they are playing, but it certainly is not Overwatch.

At least you played full matches with full members.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
1st comp match: grouped into a super organised group, everyone played their part, I played my part with pharah and roadhog, turned out pretty awesome.

Let's see how we go from here.

Zemm

1st comp match: grouped into a super organised group, everyone played their part, I played my part with pharah and roadhog, turned out pretty awesome.

Let's see how we go from here.

That's how it started off for me, it's to get you thinking that maybe this won't be so bad, then BAM, Bastion mains and useless Hanzo's galore.

Apt101

I've been playing these arena shooters for so long that nothing really surprises me anymore, but I am honestly perplexed by Pharah players who go an entire round without using thrusters and flanking. That's basically what she's good for, her obvious, crafted role. Oh well. I'm sure I do some dumb shit that have others scratching their heads.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That's how it started off for me, it's to get you thinking that maybe this won't be so bad, then BAM, Bastion mains and useless Hanzo's galore.

Well second round won, with double genji no less.

Also made me realise that genji mains are the most tryhard motherfuckers out there lmao. God some people make me nearly want to mute them if they weren't so hilarious.

fresquito

I've been playing these arena shooters for so long that nothing really surprises me anymore, but I am honestly perplexed by Pharah players who go an entire round without using thrusters and flanking. That's basically what she's good for, her obvious, crafted role. Oh well. I'm sure I do some dumb shit that have others scratching their heads.
Yeah. Probably a lot of team mates scratch their heads that I could not kill this or that guy. Well, I'm sorry, I lose focus so easily with all these bams and booms. I'm one eyed, I'd be blind now had my retine surgery not worked out a year and a half ago. I try my best to fullfil the role I'm supposed to play. I pick Tanks and Supports because there my eyesighht is less of a problem.

I guess we all have our shortcomings. I can't develop a better eyesight, just like some people can't develop a brain.

Edit: Is there any work on fixing Roadhog's grapple? Everytime I grab a Genji, the motherfucker goes flying to the left, like the chain is making some kind of physics swing that takes him to the opposite place he was in when I catched him. Not only him though. Stairs and scenery makes the thing pretty tricky sometimes.

Apt101

Yeah. Probably a lot of team mates scratch their heads that I could not kill this or that guy. Well, I'm sorry, I lose focus so easily with all these bams and booms. I'm one eyed, I'd be blind now had my retine surgery not worked out a year and a half ago. I try my best to fullfil the role I'm supposed to play. I pick Tanks and Supports because there my eyesighht is less of a problem.

I guess we all have our shortcomings. I can't develop a better eyesight, just like some people can't develop a brain.

Edit: Is there any work on fixing Roadhog's grapple? Everytime I grab a Genji, the motherfucker goes flying to the left, like the chain is making some kind of physics swing that takes him to the opposite place he was in when I catched him. Not only him though. Stairs and scenery makes the thing pretty tricky sometimes.

I dunno. I've noticed that since the update it's more difficult to pin people with Reinhardt's charge - if I don't have them lined up dead center they seem to bounce away.

Edit: I've gotten three legendaries in a loot box twice. Coins, a skin, and an emote or intro or something, both times. I used some of those coins on Widowmaker's Huntress skin which is simply amazing.

Rize_21

Solo queue'd all placement matches, ranked 54, people were cooperative so that's cool, still no vocal tho(EU here), but team's channel is much better than what it is in QM, hope it'll lasts.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Ranked should have been level 50, 25 is far too low for most people to understand every hero and all the maps/modes properly.

Ranked should have been level 50, 25 is far too low for most people to understand every hero and all the maps/modes properly.

I disagree, I'm level 27 and I have a perfectly reasonable understanding of all the characters and modes (and probably have had such since I was level 17). True my skills lack the refinement of most level 50 players but that is what the lower ranks are for.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I hate that ranked doubles all match durations, it makes sense for payload maps to go twice so both teams get a chance to be attacking and defending but why do the koth maps need to be best of 5?

I hate that ranked doubles all match durations, it makes sense for payload maps to go twice so both teams get a chance to be attacking and defending but why do the koth maps need to be best of 5?

Doubling actually doesn't bother me, but it gets even worse than that sometimes. This is something I really hope they change for the next season. One of the appeals of Overwatch is the relatively quick matches. I'm happy for competitive matches to take longer, but we should be looking at the time commitment of 2-3 games, not 5-7.

Hyun Sai

I agree with the sentiment. I won't play ranked mode if those matches are that long. There is reason I never could be into Mobas.

Seems like I will stick with Quickplay.

Apt101

Yea these matches are really long, padded with load screens. A few times I was sitting there thinking "OK, it's over... can I please fucking leave already?".

Also, they're all good. Riverboat McCree <3 <3 <3

(Blizzard, please fix McCree so I can use my Riverboat skin I paid for.)

Riverboat is the shit. I pulled a Gambler out of a random box, and I'm starting to come around to liking it about as much as Riverboat. He has all of these cool gold touches.

Question: for competitive, are the placement matches forced solo? Can you enter them with a group?

I'd rather see competitive matches run the way single matches are done in comps.

Hybrid/Payload/Double-CP: One attack, one defense, stopwatch mode.
King of the Hill: Unchanged. Possibly they could just change it to best of five rounds (not games), with rounds 4 and 5 being chosen at random from the 3 in the pool.

spiritfox

I'd rather see competitive matches run the way single matches are done in comps.

Hybrid/Payload/Double-CP: One attack, one defense, stopwatch mode.
King of the Hill: Unchanged. Possibly they could just change it to best of five rounds (not games), with rounds 4 and 5 being chosen at random from the 3 in the pool.

I wonder if it'll take too much resources to load all 3 maps in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom