• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

abundant

It works like this.

Reinhard one steadily moves forward with their shield. Once it breaks, Reinhard 2 steps up with his shield while the first one recharges. I was on a team with double Rein some time ago and it was really impressive watching them cycle shields and just bulldoze their way through Numbani.

Double Zarya works the same way.

Funny enough, had the same thing happen to me on Numbani, only I was on the other side of things.

Also seen the double Reinhardt strategy work out in Hanamura.

placement match #6

got placed on a team where they were all in a group vs a team with no group. there was no communication so i had to best rely on what they were doing and basically do my thing lol you can tell that they stuck together because they died together.

We started with defending on Dorado. you know. it kept moving gradually. thought we held it but they always reached teh checkpoint. got inside the building that's when the team started going stronger.

Luckily i played junkrat so it made it easier for me to just launch bombs in the general area. and the zarya player didn't shield herself so it was easier to take her out.
so we finished defending almost a 1/4 from the last checkpoint. so it was our turn to attack.

i switched to roadhog because i wanted to hook someone. we got out of spawn. we started pushing the payload.. obviously they were up to something. then i hear a bastion. and i'm like. cool. i can hook him. so i went to the overpass where the arch was. saw they had a reinhardt to shield him. i ended up hooking reinhart at least a little to let them fire at the other team. ended up trying to flank them from the other side but my aim was shit. lol. so i just ended up switching to junkrat again. the bastion player wasn't that good. so it was easy to lob bombs at him. and their widow wasn't that good too. i guess the other team was okay. anyways. we ended up winning that round and got my first win for today. now i have 4 matches to go before i'm ranked.

Got through placements just now. Fuck me there are some awful people playing Overwatch. Had to ask a guy if we wanted me to play as Mercy instead because he clearly had no idea what he was doing (sniping guys with his pistol instead of healing people at critical health). Also some nice people playing, like the guy who agreed with me that we probably didn't need a Widow on Hollywood attack (turns out I was right).

Ended up 4W-6L, which wasn't great but whatever. That's about what I expected. Got rank 46 for my troubles, which I guess is nice.

I snipe people as Mercy all the time. Critical health isn't always there. One direct Pharah shot and a player can be critical. Unless you were already healing that person at max health, which is a waste, you need to be doing something else like damage boosting or shooting (if no viable damage boost option exists).

The worst Mercys are the ones the heal or boost a shielded Reinhardt the entire map or that complain about no one helping them when they can potentially fight off a flanker by themselves. The team isn't going to turn around to help you even if you call it out unless you're in a group so if you have to stop healing to save yourself and then res the team, that's a much better option. Additionally, if your team is in control and you have decent aim and can lead targets, her pistol hurts.

Okay so the gold symbol by your name indicating your place as Top 500 on a server currently has a graphical glitch, that's why so many people are seeing it. Explains why I'm seeing it even though my rank is 46.

Son Of D

So I was a part of a dangerous PharMercy team combo just now. Trying out Mercy and followed a Pharah during Anubis attack. Destroyed the first point and the second point went down quickly too.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
CmI4sVfWEAArIjk.jpg

CmI4tewWYAMmi8G.jpg

CmI4uN0WIAArQVh.jpg

Source: https://www.facebook.com/andyraecos...9.1073741827.311635478975233/668865306585580/

Xamdou

Damn guys, game was running fine yesterday but today I am getting only 23fps in-game so the game is pretty much unplayable. Before I was getting a constant 60fps+ with max settings.

My Pc specs:
Geforce GTX 770
i7-4770 @ 3.4GHZ
16GB Adata ram
240gb Samsung SSD

LNBL

love being forced to use certain roles and heroes, found out the teleporter support lady is awesome

Also her fully charged basic attack goes through Reinhardts shield! Atleast it happened 3 times for me and it killed him

Nothing like seeing a Mercy get play of the game for two revives where one of the characters in it could easily have just been healed and power supported from the safety of Mercy's hidey hole but she deliberately just STARES at their desperate struggle for half of the clip until they dropped dead so she can get that tasty double revive.
Then they both die anyway right after ending their last chance to push.

I think this irked me more than dead Torbjorn PotG, at least they're kind of funny.

That armour isn't going to help her if she gets shot at.

Nah see, people will be too focused at the armoured assets that they can't possibly aim anywhere else.

Nimby

Banned
Played a lot of terrible games solo today. Kinda feel like ranting roast so here we go.

I like the play as Zenyatta on Numbani offense. We actually had a well-round team and the enemy Torbjorn seemed a bit stupid, and placed his turret so it wasn't really shooting at anything. There were multiple times where the objective was clear/mostly clear, but NO ONE WOULD PUSH. Reaper and D.Va were off doing who knows what, not even trying to flank the enemies returning from their spawn. Needless to say, I tried to secure the objective by myself and get one-shot by their Widow. Never was the team together in one group, and our heavy hitters were apparently lost around the map. One of the worst games I have played. Felt like I was playing with 5 people who just got the game, but they were all over level 30. Yes we got wrecked on defense too. The team was once again too spread out, as Mercy I couldn't really heal anyone, nor did anyone even realize I was there. Bastion let me die by Winston so many times, he wasn't even trying to stop him. Now I ask for the team to group up, seconds later Soldier and Tracer (was playing a tank) whizz past me to die again.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, played a match right after with 3 Torbjorns, supposedly ruining the game on console, and beat them pretty convincingly. Had a great Reinhardt and everyone seemed to be cooperating nicely. That was a fun game. I was Genji, off trying to find their teleporter and then we just won lol, had been saving my super for one last push too.

And there was a game where we had to have went up against a pretty decently sized party. We lost. I got 3 eliminations, and died 11 times. 4 gold medals.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Why do i lose so much on a loss but gain so little on a win
If you lose against a team with a lower skill average than you, you'll lose more. If you win against a team with a higher average, you'll gain more. So with that in mind if you win against a team with a lower average you'll gain less.

If you lose against a team with a lower skill average than you, you'll lose more. If you win against a team with a higher average, you'll gain more. So with that in mind if you win against a team with a lower average you'll gain less.

I leveled up a point and half just now by beating people around my skill level [sic]; they were higher than my exact point but by just a two or three points.

That lower end of competitive is basically quickplay with a number.

Carrying the team is possible at this level, and you can run around with Lucio around the payload area and people can barely kill you. I even got gold elimination medal with Soldier-76 and maintained that with Lucio (got up to 31 eliminations with SUPPORT in two rounds). Quick play with a rank LOL.

Zeliard

Wow thanks i had no idea

A good tactic is to stick a bubble on a teammate as they're taking damage, since that will ensure that it both protects them and gets you energy.

Other good targets to shield are ulting teammates who are particularly vulnerable during their ult, like Pharah or McCree.

zoukka

Heh opposing tracer completely decimated our whole team, literally soloed 4-5 man groups all match long. Got the first legendary commendation I've seen.

Balanced hero.

styl3s

Had my first bad competitive match where we had wont the attack and could of won the defend if the 2 people in the same party didn't double reaper. Then in OT, which don't get me started on how bad OT is in competitive on payload, that shit needs to be changed because out of the 30+ competitive matches i have played whoever got it, loses. Well, they went double reaper again instead of double healing (lucio/mercy) which could of helped push to that payload but instead of someone switching they decide to do double junkrat.

1/30 ain't bad but jesus christ it makes me want to get together a group. I don't get mad when people who aren't good get put on my team, i am not a amazing but when you purposely do this shit it gets under my skin.

Had my first competitive match

People used mikes more.

Also sudden death really favours attackers wow
I have won every single match against again sudden death attackers especially on Kings Row.

Either way i think sudden death needs some tweaking big time.

JawzPause

Just got this on ps4, really enjoying it atm but i can't help the feeling that I'll get bored pretty quickly with the few available game modes

Hopefully this competitive mode arriving next week will help

Zemm

Why do i lose so much on a loss but gain so little on a win

Did you win on a KoTH map and lose on a payload/2CP map? There seems to be a bug where you get 10% of the actual gain/loss you should do on KoTH maps, Blizzard are looking into it.

Looking at Overbuff and my accuracy shot up 4% today thanks to a new mouse. It feels so much more comfortable and precise than my old one. 40% accuracy with Soldier
1x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom