• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

eek5

This is so fucking stupid.

I won the first two competitive matches, so far so good. Then 3rd match started and at the start some asshole left and now we were stuck for the whole fucking match with 5vs6.

WTF Blizz??? serioulsy why doesn't that fucking system find another person? or maybe just end the match when the teams are not full at the beginning??? what a fucking unfair joke.

Seriously im mad as hell, this is beyond stupid. We couldn't do anything about it and of course we lost.

Think i'm done with competitive for now until they fix their shit.

People are going like 2-8 and placing into the high 50s. I doubt W-L even has that big of an impact during placement

I just got done trying out the new comp mode. Played my ten matches to see where I'd rank. I went 6-4 solo queue'd. I got 51 for my ranking, which was really surprising to me since I feel like I'm always the weakest link in any team, lol. The matches were a lot of fun for the most part though. Everyone played the objective. People actually communicated, switched heroes, and suggested strats. There was a wee bit of salt, but not too much. Overall a positive experience. I'll probably still play mostly quick match as I'd like to learn more of the heroes and branch out beyond the support/tank role I play most of the time.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I mean... shit happens? Just weird that the first bad experience you want to drop the whole mode when your first two matches went great.

Where did i say anything about dropping then whole mode? jesus man, all i'm saying is the whole match should be cancelled if AT THE BEGINNING the teams are not full.

Either cancel the whole match or find another person.

People are going like 2-8 and placing into the high 50s. I doubt W-L even has that big of an impact during placement

Doesn't matter, if we lost normally i'm totally ok with it but not if it was 5 vs 6, we could do absolutely nothing about it and were stuck all 3 rounds with 5 people.

Sn4ke_911

That's weird. When that happened to me yesterday game said "a player left the match, competitive match will cancel in 30 secs, this will not effect your stats" or something and quit us to the main menu.

The problem is that guy always tried to rejoin but failed so the timer reseted everytime.

At the end the timer ran out and it said we can leave now without penalty BUT WITH A LOSS. Why a loss? we didn't do anything wrong.

Interfectum

Where did i say anything about dropping then whole mode? jesus man, all i'm saying is the whole match should be cancelled if AT THE BEGINNING the teams are not full.

"Think i'm done with competitive for now until they fix their shit."

They probably aren't going to fix this issue this go around unless it plagues the whole mode.

Sn4ke_911

"Think i'm done with competitive for now until they fix their shit."

They probably aren't going to fix this issue this go around unless it plagues the whole mode.

And why wouldn't they? don't you think this is a big issue?

eek5

Where did i say anything about dropping then whole mode?
People are probably misreading this:

Think i'm done with competitive for now until they fix their shit.

jesus man, all i'm saying is the whole match should be cancelled if AT THE BEGINNING the teams are not full.
It does do this. If someone drops in the first 30 seconds the match is just canceled. If they drop later in the match you will probably lose but you can leave without leaver penalty (the penalty where you can get banned for leaving too many matchs/ go on timeout/ etc)

Yeah because I want to drop into an in-progress ranked game. I don't think that's fair to anybody involved.

eek5

The problem is that guy always tried to rejoin but failed so the timer reseted everytime.

At the end the timer ran out and it said we can leave now without penalty BUT WITH A LOSS. Why a loss? we didn't do anything wrong.
It's because we can't have nice things. If they allowed one person leaving to get everyone away with no penalty then people would game the system to avoid losses.

Sn4ke_911

It does do this. If someone drops in the first 30 seconds the match is just canceled. If they drop later in the match you will probably lose but you can leave without leaver penalty (the penalty where you can get banned for leaving too many matchs/ go on timeout/ etc)

Yeah because I want to drop into an in-progress ranked game. I don't think that's fair to anybody involved.

But that idiot tried to rejoin all the time so it reseted that 30 seconds timer!

NO. Again, that guy left the game AT THE VERY BEGINNING, AT THE CHARACTER SELECT SCREEN. Not even 10 seconds into the game.

Should someone join in the middle of the match? of course not but at the very very beginning it should be possible someone joins in and if not the whole match MUST be cancelled. It's totally unfair if we are 5 and the other team are 6 people. If something like that happens in quick play i don't care but not in competitive.

maouvin

lmao I love how the AI goes '...Voted for myself'

I'm on PC now and rank4 getting used to the controls. I want my unlocks on my PS4 version so badly though. ;;

What's everyone's mouse sensitivity at? Anything drastic you guys do around here? I'm getting used to m/k again it seems.

The AI are such a great sport!

Right now I'm running sensitivity 6 and 1500dpi (or maybe 1200). I started at 8/2100 and am slowly lowering the dpi. I don't have much room to make big arm movements though, so I know I can't go super low.

eek5

But that idiot tried to rejoin all the time so it reseted that 30 seconds timer!

So basically you're complaining about an edge case scenario that will probably never happen again but it's enough to put you off until it gets fixed? File a bug report and move on.

Sn4ke_911

So basically you're complaining about an edge case scenario that will probably never happen again but it's enough to put you off until it gets fixed? File a bug report and move on.

Even if that timer ends you still get a loss and that is what puts me off, now when i play another competitive match i always have to fear and hope nobody leaves, and if he/she does it's an automatic loss for our team.

Shit is just unfair and is a huge issue imo, they need to address this ASAP.

everyone on gaf plays fkn pharah jesus.

For the record: I'm not.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I legit bought the game for Pharah.
Legit

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Pharah is the Soldier of Overwatch which makes her extremely versatile

Not as versatile as the Soldier but that's just due to how Overwatch is designed as a game

I'm having a hard time understanding this comment.

I think it's specifically a reference to Team Fortress 2, i.e. "Pharah in Overwatch plays the same basic role as the Solider in TF2." Which makes sense, but also she's so much more fun to play than the Solider in a lot of ways.

Does blocking people make it so they're muted or that you're not grouped with them anymore?

I believe it's just a mute. Avoid This Player was the option that would keep them from being grouped with you, but that got taken out a while back and the UI was removed with the most recent patch.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm having a hard time understanding this comment.

Why?

Due to the eSports focus and very specific set of abilities, characters can't bend mechanics to discover new things like Pogo jumps, Puddle jumps, or covering the entire map due to forward momentum. The characters of Overwatch are tied to very specific rulesets so Blizzard can have good control of it as they actually care about their competitive scene unlike Valve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwo0-hJyENI
Pharah isn't going to do anything like that. But she's versatile in the confines of Overwatch due to her movement laterally and vertically.

Sorral

The AI are such a great sport!

Right now I'm running sensitivity 6 and 1500dpi (or maybe 1200). I started at 8/2100 and am slowly lowering the dpi. I don't have much room to make big arm movements though, so I know I can't go super low.

The power of waifus.

1600dpi with sens 2, I have a pretty big mousepad that gives me the room for fast movements if needed. It's all about muscle memory, just gotta find a sens that feels good and stick with it.

Oh nice. I have been swapping between 1000 and 1500 depending on the hero that I play, so it is good to hear that others are going with similar! I have some room to make a good amount of movement and it seems that 1500 is close to the sweet spot.

Thanks guys. I have to try it in quickplays soon!

TF2/Tribes/Quake old boys ruining other people's fun with their rocket shenanigans.

I didn't use her at first but now i'm in love.

Pharah = Rocket Gun
Zarya = Lightning gun (Alt fire @ 100% = BFG)
Genji = Plasma gun (was never good at it)
Reaper = Shotgun (duh)
Soldier = MG/HMG
Zenyatta = Nailgun

The issue is I haven't found anyone who really mirrors the rail gun, no it's not Hanzo or widowmaker (I rarely used zoom in Q3). Rail gun was my best weapon in q3 (I was useless for like a year in quake live due to the nerf)... It might be Mcree but I haven't properly used him. Could be Mei alt fire as well, but the delay is too much with that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
People also like Pharah likely because she's very good at solo queuing. Since you're so mobile you can really disrupt without a team. You're a healer killer extraordinaire which helps even the most headless chicken teams.

My Zenyatta is pretty good. he's one of the few characters I feel that confident in but if I'm not playing with friends, I am not playing him unless I know there's a good Reinhardt on my team or another good support.

Where as I can hop onto Pharah solo and still make a dent on their team.

People also like Pharah likely because she's very good at solo queuing. Since you're so mobile you can really disrupt without a team. You're a healer killer extraordinaire which helps even the most headless chicken teams.

My Zenyatta is pretty good. he's one of the few characters I feel that confident in but if I'm not playing with friends, I am not playing him unless I know there's a good Reinhardt on my team or another good support.

Where as I can hop onto Pharah solo and still make a dent on their team.

I mainly play solo on PC since I have no real friends on it and I will always target Pharah every chance I get to take her out when there's not a healer around if I'm not on support myself.

She is definitely flavor of the month right now. I've witnessed many hate filled messages when 3 people on my teams are all trying to run Pharah and calling each other wonderful names to prove they are the better one.

cHinzo

Route 66 is by far my least favorite map. It might be the only one I don't like.

I like it until you go inside. That place is so stupid.

a94c5ef6aa.jpg

The placement matches has gone well so far, 3-0. No leavers yet in both teams. Played on Lijang Tower, Hanamura and Watchpoint: Gibraltar. Lijang was the closest game, even though we won 3-0. Was still quite a struggle to close out the maps. Hanamura was a quick stomp. We had 8:30 left on the clock after taking both points, while the enemy team couldn't even get through the first gate with our setup without getting killed. In the last game on Gibraltar we only gave them 31 meters (1 point), before holding em off the second one. Attack was a faceroll after clearing the first point, since they need to walk back quite a bit and we were ready to pick them off.

I might have turned into a one-trick pony though lol. Roadhog is just so good in killing flankers and holding them off our support. Since they nerfed McCree, there are not many heroes doing the job as well as Roadhog. Rocking a 6.9:1 K/D atm. :"D

Ugh, 2-4 so far in competitive. 1 match I had lag so bad I was basically useless as I fought against my character bouncing around all over the place, and 1 somebody disconnected on our team just as the match began and we ended up playing out a fairly hopeless 5v6. Guess it's my own fault for trusting to the luck of the draw and playing solo. Might have to try and find a group for my last 4 just to salvage it.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I mainly play solo on PC since I have no real friends on it and I will always target Pharah every chance I get to take her out when there's not a healer around if I'm not on support myself.

She is definitely flavor of the month right now. I've witnessed many hate filled messages when 3 people on my teams are all trying to run Pharah and calling each other wonderful names to prove they are the better one.

I played a game with four Pharahs. Most annoying thing ever. Couldn't do shit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wouldn't be surrpised if a lot of the post-nerf McCrees went to Pharah. Maybe the Genjis that were having issues with Genji as well. All the Widows that weren't contributed just decided to not contribute with Hanzo now.

I definitely don't see Genjis as often as I used to. Though still fairly often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom