• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
iGWg7E4.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Goddamn, looking at overbuff and why am i always in the 90< in obj elims despite not having great elims records.

Either I'm playing it right or I'm playing it wrong. I can't tell anymore.

Did you win on a KoTH map and lose on a payload/2CP map? There seems to be a bug where you get 10% of the actual gain/loss you should do on KoTH maps, Blizzard are looking into it.

Looking at Overbuff and my accuracy shot up 4% today thanks to a new mouse. It feels so much more comfortable and precise than my old one. 40% accuracy with Soldier
1x

I'm jealous. I switched to a new mouse today and feel like I can't aim for shit. Can't find a DPI/sens setting that feels "right".

Antiwhippy

I feel kinda wrong saying this.

But I've been finding soldier 76 to be really fun. His DPS at range is kinda obscene.

I tend to only pick him for defense though.

Zemm

I'm jealous. I switched to a new mouse today and feel like I can't aim for shit. Can't find a DPI/sens setting that feels "right".

I usually aim way worse whilst I get used to a new mouse but not this one. This one just fits my hand so perfectly. I had a razer deathadder which was OK but too big for my hands and always felt like something wasn't right, like how it feels when you put your t-shirt on inside out and you know something doesn't feel right but not sure what. I went to a Logitech G303 and it is like

Complistic

I think I'm going to wait to play competitive for a bit. I got matched against the top twitch streamer today. Not the best time. Hopefully the top tier players will move up a bit.

Antiwhippy

Though really, ever since giving him a run it made me wonder about all those 76 I've played with that just sits on the main chokepoint with biotic field, plinking away at the main enemy group. I find him much more powerful when i constantly maneuver to different positions with him.

I usually aim way worse whilst I get used to a new mouse but not this one. This one just fits my hand so perfectly. I had a razer deathadder which was OK but too big for my hands and always felt like something wasn't right, like how it feels when you put your t-shirt on inside out and you know something doesn't feel right but not sure what. I went to a Logitech G303 and it is like

Just switched to a zowie za12 and a gs-r to replace my deathadder 2013 and qck and I'm really liking the change so far. The deathadder feels so light and clumsy compared to the zowie personally. Really feels well made compared to the DA. Had to mess around with the dpi and in game sensitivity but I think I've found a good spot for now.

63 ranked...

I'm scared. I think I'm too high. 9/1 on placements.

Last game went coin flip on hanamura, got attack. Team went 4 winston, lucio, mercy. Then halfway into attack went 3 winston, 2 reaper, lucio to secure point and win coin flip. Hilarious but necessary for the timer.

Though really, ever since giving him a run it made me wonder about all those 76 I've played with that just sits on the main chokepoint with biotic field, plinking away at the main enemy group. I find him much more powerful when i constantly maneuver to different positions with him.

His survivability is amazing, using sprints to retreat and heal to recover. His powers might be basic but there's a lot of finesse in positioning and moving him around... not a boring hero at all.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why feel wrong? He is a decent hero and can be really effective.

He's very generic and not that exciting when you compare him to other heroes. But he's ridiculously effective at a group setting. He's pretty much the only 'push with the payload' Offense hero you should use.

I use him a lot even though I'm not a huge fan of the playstyle. But he's just super effective.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's funny, I play a ton of Pharah but wound up playing Hanzo since we had a Pharah already and was sucking. Then I thought about Hanzo's arrow like Pharah's rocket and everything came up Hanzo.

It's scary when I've played pharah to the point when if I'm on defend, and the start timer is about to end. My first rocket is right in front of the opening door and most often enough, if there is no reinhart or dva can claim a kill inside the spawn.

X-Frame

On Console, Tracer can be a serious and continuous pain in the ass for the other team even if they throw a Winston at her. Even if she dies, she'll blink and be back in the action faster than anyone else anyway.

Even on Payload Defense she seems to be a great choice to disrupt the back line of the Attack team constantly and I'm seeing it more and more.

J Range

On Console, Tracer can be a serious and continuous pain in the ass for the other team even if they throw a Winston at her. Even if she dies, she'll blink and be back in the action faster than anyone else anyway.

Even on Payload Defense she seems to be a great choice to disrupt the back line of the Attack team constantly and I'm seeing it more and more.

I love playing her on defense on anubis and kings row, and staying on their side of the choke point harrassing them. Oftsn times ill be taking 3-4 players from the main push to chase me around their spawn area.

aeolist

Banned
my first placement game had a 3 stack that all picked junkrat and shit on me for complaining about it when we lost

one of them said i wasn't doing shit when i had gold elims/damage and silver obj kills/time as tracer

when tracer does more damage than any of 3 junkrats you need to reevaluate yourself

ramyeon

I've destroyed countless Winstons using Tracer.

Genji is just as big of a cunt TBH. Yeah he doesn't have recall to gain his health back but a good Genji will sneak up on you with a few shuriken, get your attention, wait for you to react and fire a few shots, reflect, then dash through you/melee, then throw a finishing shuriken, all the while bouncing around like an idiot.

Play more than one and it's basically non stop dragon blades after a minute or two if your tank allows itself to be their ult battery. It's sooooo annoying if you don't jump on Mei/McCree/Junkrat/Winston right away. If you aren't one of those characters you might as well ignore them unless you are out of their dash distance/they've already used reflect.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
holy fuck had hte most intense payload sitting on the cart in comp. just everyone popping ults on everyone, constantly fighting for control until we went into sudden death

Genji is just as big of a cunt TBH. Yeah he doesn't have recall to gain his health back but a good Genji will sneak up on you with a few shuriken, get your attention, wait for you to react and fire a few shots, reflect, then dash through you/melee, then throw a finishing shuriken, all the while bouncing around like an idiot.

Play more than one and it's basically non stop dragon blades after a minute or two if your tank allows itself to be their ult battery. It's sooooo annoying if you don't jump on Mei/McCree/Junkrat/Winston right away. If you aren't one of those characters you might as well ignore them unless you are out of their dash distance/they've already used reflect.
I can at least respect a good Genji since he's not an easy character.

LOL what? I just gained a quarter point from winning for the third time straight in ranked. What the actual shit. And my team barely one with some serious pushing and carrying with Lucio. I got nearly 5 minutes of objective time and 21k healing in five rounds of KoTH (didn't spend all of it using Lucio though). I ended up with 29 eliminations, in which 21 of them where objective kills.

They still refuse to listen to pick suggestions; they don't like tanks (other than Roadcock) and healers. Torb is a must-pick, or pick him back when we start winning. The lower end of ranked in a nutshell. I hate getting stuck there; I hope those who quit during placement matches get sterilized.

I am starting to get really good with Lucio. I am more aware of my surroundings and when to switch from healing to speed boost during fights; dat wall running too. I saw someone from nV pro team play an amazing Lucio and I took notes, so I realized I should start specializing and focusing on specific characters. I will still do quick play matches for practice and take ranked slowly.

Paltheos

Second day in competitive. I don't like the atmosphere in this mode as I do in quick play. And I've quickly learned to silence every person in chat, teammate and opponent alike. Chat is 100x more toxic than quick play. People used to say almost nothing, now they're cursing and screaming. I'm not dealing with it.

Blues1990

Damn Overwatch, I don't have time for any other games and my backlog keeps growing. All I want to play is this.
Somewhat off topic, but I could never understand why people can have a backlog of videogames. Especially for those who buy games out of habit, but will otherwise never play them.

Not as versatile though. It's very situational when it comes to taking out groups. Hell, i frequently survive it as roadhog.

Same here. I fear genjis alt way more than tracers. Although as roadhog I usually have hook up and have gotten pretty good at anticipating and countering. I'll usually survive unless I'm already low health and haven't healed.

performance for this placement somehow worst than PTR. PTR it was at least 5-5. this? 2-8 LOL RIP RIP RIP. rank 41. i'm going to shower. wash this filth off and rank up now.

Antiwhippy

Same here. I fear genjis alt way more than tracers. Although as roadhog I usually have hook up and have gotten pretty good at anticipating and countering. I'll usually survive unless I'm already low health and haven't healed.

If I'm playing as rein i have no hesitation in ulting just to stop a genji ult. It's that good.

ramyeon

Somewhat off topic, but I could never understand why people can have a backlog of videogames. Especially for those who buy games out of habit, but will otherwise never play them.
I have a backlog because there are a lot of games I was looking forward to and bought but don't have the time to play as I work full time and have other responsibilities and commitments outside of work hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom