• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyStu

I've seen Hanzos unleash their ults in corridors as we are all charging towards the payload point (which is much further away). I have no idea why. Some of them are really high level players too, so it can't be inexperience. What the hell are they expecting to hit? Enemies that are trying to potentially spawncamp us? Why would they do that when they're moving the fucking payload and we are defending???????

Overconfidence? Sometimes it feels that you can unleash that thing anywhere and wipe an entire opposing team.

That power can go to your head.

The End

Is anyone else getting crazy bad lag in their placements? Historically I've gotten pings in the low teens.

The first game I played I was spiking over 400, then i back out, restart, come back in and I got 1300(!)

Suffice to say, I lost both times.

Sigh.

duckroll

Does anyone know how much of the Overwatch characters and backstory stuff are taken directly from content created for Project Titan originally? The fall of Overwatch? The Genji/Hanzo relationship? Winston's original and role as the new leader of Overwatch? The Omnic stuff?

Blizzard

Banned
It's weird to me that support players rank lower and gain rank slower than other positions. Isn't that just going to encourage MORE non-support, non-tank players in ranked, the opposite of what Blizzard would want?

glad this experiment is over.
1fccdca5ab409eee2047ad8bb71c4576.png

Movement

It's weird to me that support players rank lower and gain rank slower than other positions. Isn't that just going to encourage MORE non-support, non-tank players in ranked, the opposite of what Blizzard would want?

Unless tactical need requires the use of a healer. Or just personal preference. But that would discourage the use, yes.

Is anyone else getting crazy bad lag in their placements? Historically I've gotten pings in the low teens.

The first game I played I was spiking over 400, then i back out, restart, come back in and I got 1300(!)

Suffice to say, I lost both times.

Sigh.

Are you using Wireless? It could be interference or a crappy router. I had the same issue with lag spikes up to 1300ms ping. I used an Ethernet cable and later on got a better router/modem to solve the problem.

The End

Are you using Wireless? It could be interference or a crappy router. I had the same issue with lag spikes up to 1300ms ping. I used an Ethernet cable and later on got a better router/modem to solve the problem.

I am, but I have a decent enough asus router. I've been playing since launch and this is by far the worst it's ever been. I played a quick play match and it was fine, but then another placement and it was mostly ok, but occasionally spiking to 200 or so.

At the rate I'm going I'm going to place at like... 10.

I don't know where you got this idea from, but 50 is definitely average:

http://imgur.com/wcUpRaj

feels good to be very average (50) considering I just fill whatever role is needed in almost every game. I could probably move up fairly easily if I "mained" something but fuck that. I'd rather enjoy myself and playing 1 or 2 classes for hundreds of matches sounds like a job that I'm not getting paid for. Being competent and able to enjoy myself with anything is a good deal for me. I think my goal will be to hit even amount of time played with every hero.

Got 64. Was half solo queue half team of 2 or 3. I think I'm probably a bit overrated. Guess we will see.

Edit: went 8 and 2 including one match where we beat the enemy team while my friend had dc'ed.

BigDug13

I really don't think the nerf will do much of anything to multiple Torbs.

Sure it will. People won't be so quick to choose them in general if the turret is doing 30% less damage. Right now, they're so dominant of a force on console defense, why not choose more than one. Hell, right now some people make those turrets work on OFFENSE.

Alex

Huh, I have a 60% winrate in quick match but I'm 0/7 so far in ranked, lol. So far my teams have consisted of three disconnect matches, three troll matches and one reasonable game.

Ramirez

Sure it will. People won't be so quick to choose them in general if the turret is doing 30% less damage. Right now, they're so dominant of a force on console defense, why not choose more than one. Hell, right now some people make those turrets work on OFFENSE.

They're still going to be auto snapping, it'll hit a single Torb hard, but I think people who are good at stacking him will still be successful.

Turn off hero stack and you coulda left him as is, Blizzard is being so stupid about that shit.

BigDug13

They're still going to be auto snapping, it'll hit a single Torb hard, but I think people who are good at stacking him will still be successful.

Turn off hero stack and you coulda left him as is, Blizzard is being so stupid about that shit.

I agree with you here. There should at least be a no hero stack mode.

eek5

Some teams are so weird. Just played a match on king's row and they absolutely crushed us on atk. We push hard and get the atk ourselves then sudden death comes and they get attack so we figure we lose. Instead of going with the comp that they capped A with in less than a minute they try some cheese comp with double zarya and double tracer and we absolutely murder them lol

duckroll

I agree with you here. There should at least be a no hero stack mode.

That'll just make matchmaking harder by splitting the userbase over something minor like that. I'm willing to bet that most people given the option will play Quick Play anyway, because stacking actually makes the game better and gives you more options. No stacking takes options away, and it makes it harder to be strategic unless everyone is in sync. Imagine if your team really needs a certain hero played well, but whoever claimed that hero first is just wasting it and refuses to switch. That would be even more frustrating.

billeh

Lost three sudden deaths where we got stuck on defense. Won one by the skin of our teeth with a good Mercy res.

This shit needs some reworking. Defending four times.

Went 5-5 in placement games, ended up at rank 50. I was expecting worse since I didn't play particularly well overall, but I think 50 is a good spot for me. I understand the objectives of the game quite well, but I'm a decidedly average player in terms of skill level.

I need to invest in a new keyboard and mouse desperately though. The cheap 20 dollar Amazon set I've been using just isn't going to cut it in a game like this.

eek5

Lost three sudden deaths where we got stuck on defense. Won one by the skin of our teeth with a good Mercy res.

This shit needs some reworking. Defending four times.

It's definitely going to get reworked (they've already said as much). Not sure what the best solution is. Maybe stopwatch but Blizzard seems to be really against that for some reason.

nelchaar

I've never played a game that punishes you for winning this badly...

Oh you're doing well? You've won 3 games in a row? Here's a losing streak of 20 games. Let's see if you win again. Ever.

What a load of shit.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I don't know where you got this idea from, but 50 is definitely average:

http://imgur.com/wcUpRaj
Didn't exist 2 days ago and it's weighted towards people who opt in to track their stats and play competitive. Don't think you can call it average skill, average ranked initial rating 2 days in is another story.
Seems inflated to me compared to a couple of days ago, but who knows I might be wrong.

Dragner

Yesterday I faced the ultimate retard team. 6 bastions. It worked for a while until we started changing to snipers pharas and junkrats. It was satisfying to see them gradually change to a real team. We won in the end and my team spend some time mocking them on chat...they deserved it to be honest.

WELP, UNBOXED THE IMP SKIN... GUESS I'M A MERCY MAIN NOW (dude mercy is so much fun with a competent team, soloing genji's with my CANNON they mis-named a pistol :p)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
What about 6 Symmetras? :)

Actually nearly worked once against a team that for some reason decided to go 6 Dvas right from the start.

And then they switched to winstons and we had to bail. :p

I imagined that we helped 6 people get that 3 teleporters destroyed achievement that match.

duckroll

I played a match where the other team had a Zenyatta payload pusher and they were actually winning because the rest of the team successfully distracted my entire team into playing TDM elsewhere. I had to switch and personally take him out, and then take out a few of the other players, and stand ON the payload, before they got the idea that they were playing the wrong game lol.

Really annoying when you're the only guy on the control point trying to capture it and you see like 4 guys rushing you while the rest of your team is way back either trying to snipe like a bunch of morons or chasing some TDM kills.

got me yelling help like i'm this guy
https://youtu.be/3GRSbr0EYYU?t=16s

even though I don't even have a mic

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Suggestion: Winston in ult mode should be able to give airborne Pharahs atomic buster.

Give me something fun to do with that completley unfun ult other than 'well it's a heal and i kind of wail wildly at everything'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom