• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Hope, competitive really fucked up the quick play queue. Every other match is filled with people who refuse to go tank or healer, will stack classes, play torbjorn or symmetra on attack and just other bullshit that leads to an easy lose. It was rare for a team not to have a tank or a healer before competitive but now it's just filled with dumb shit left and right.

I don't wanna solo-competitive since all it will do is annoy me but quick play is total crap right now.

When people don't know how to play Genji:
https://my.mixtape.moe/kjwpuu.webm
laugh.gif
When people don't know how to deal with Genji:
https://giant.gfycat.com/FatSarcasticBaleenwhale.webm
Got the Junkrat and Roadhog too for the team wipe, but highlight cut short of showing that. =(

Shouta

Finally did my 10 placement matches and the last 3 matches were clusterfucks of players who couldn't do shit or take care of problem characters. It's such problem that my own play goes down because I have to do 2v1 or even 3v1. Been awhile since I've been this salty. I was also disconnecting a lot the last match too because Blizzard can't be arsed to build a little leeway into battle.net

Ended up with a Rank 50. I was hoping a bit more than that but with team members like that. -_-

R0ckman

I did alright in my placement matches and there was one game/10 where there were people on the mic. The "My Ult is ready", "Group up", "Understood" commands were more than adequate. I mean that's what most people say over the mic anyways.

I would say my Ult was ready as Zarya then get a my Ult is ready from a Mcree/Pharah or whatever and I would reply understood. With that were we able to coordinate ults pretty easily.

Would it be better if more people talked? Sure. But I think also people get so caught up on people talking or not talking they lose focus on the game. If people aren't talking, use the built in commands and just focus on what you can do to help instead of what the other guy isn't doing. Just my two cents.

Trust me those arent good enough for solo queue. Group up, no communication equals possible group wipe which is why I say slightly away from my group.

peakish

Was playing on Nepal as Zenyatta, transcended just before a Reaper ulted. Then in the same game after switching to Lucio, dropped the beat exactly before the same reaper did it again lol. Felt damn good.

Was running some decent enough games today, went around 50/50 in games and stayed at my rank. Lost a handful of games because of DQ'ers, that was the most annoying thing of the night by far.

Zemm

Quick Play is now there to dick around with heroes you aren't familiar with or experiment with unconventional strategies. If you want to tryhard, play competitive.

I would take common sense as a middle ground, so many lack it. When the other team is running double Winston it's probably not a good time to try out any really squishy character. My only guess is that some people must have fun running from the spawn over and over.

I wish i could play Genji like this.
5PgeuoX.gif
And I wish I could play Symmetra. Completely shutting people down is pretty damn satisfying and that seems to be her specialty, but I just can't get a handle on how to play her.
I think I play a bit too aggressively (it's how I play most of the characters) and she doesn't have the mobility/utility to escape the situations I put myself in. =P

Squire

Banned
I look forward to the announcement that stacking is cut from Ranked at BlizzCon. Complaints will only get worse and it's really a bad look for Blizzard in general. It's one thing if people want to fuck around in QP, but stacking goes against the integrity and philosophy of the games design.

Really, stacking's days were numbered as soon as Pro Leagues were like "Naaah." Blizzard will concede sooner or later.

Fucking hell Blizzard fix Zenyatta already. I wouldn't be so pissed about how weak he is if I didn't like him and his playstyle so much. Game after game after game of the entire cast just walking behind our clueless Rein's shield and killing me with 0 effort.

Finally saved enough gold to buy the legendary skin i wanted and today i log on and my gold is gone and skin not there.

(xbox) im fucking furious.

DrArchon

Blizzard needs to do more about people quitting matches. It's fucking absurd that you get a loss because some shitfuck decides to DC.

I had 3 games in a row just now where someone on my team left early. That's 3 losses in a row that I didn't deserve. I lost a rank because of that. That's completely unacceptable for any competitive mode. People shouldn't be able to screw with your rank just because they can't be bothered to stick around. If someone quit early then the match shouldn't count and whoever quit should lose a rank and not be able to play for at least an hour.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm not the best player in the world.

I was playing a Solider 76 in comp mode and was having trouble against their two star Pharah. I'm only a level 25. Honestly I had just switched to Soldier 76 after trading healer spots with another player who wanted to play one...cool I thought since we were having trouble.

Well of course the finger pointing started happening at me and I, probably unwisely, said that I wasn't that good but that I'm trying my best. Of course they said I'm joking and that I should stop playing comp mode because I'm ruining it for 5 other people. I said I paid my money just like anyone else and I'm enjoying myself despite my ability.

Then the guy says he's gonna report me for griefing so I said I'm reporting him back for the name calling.

It all feels so damn juvenile but shit it really kinda sours the experience a bit. Is this kind of thing common in comp mode? I'm not even out of the 10 matches yet but the first four were great experiences and I played well (usually as Lucio). Just never had someone say "enjoy your ban" before.

Zemm

Blizzard needs to do more about people quitting matches. It's fucking absurd that you get a loss because some shitfuck decides to DC.

I had 3 games in a row just now where someone on my team left early. That's 3 losses in a row that I didn't deserve. I lost a rank because of that. That's completely unacceptable for any competitive mode. People shouldn't be able to screw with your rank just because they can't be bothered to stick around. If someone quit early then the match shouldn't count and whoever quit should lose a rank and not be able to play for at least an hour.

I want them to be really harsh with the bans for leavers but then what if someone legit DC's. Tough balancing act.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Apparently people on the losing team for competitive payload maps are leaving early now to minimize the amount of rank bonus the winning team gets, subsequently wasting the winning team's time. Something to do with the game calculating that the winning team's odds of winning are suddenly huge, which drastically reduces their rank points post game. =\

Mush

Sorry if I missed anything but I don't have time to filter through the thread as I am at work; do we have an ETA for the PS4 patch yet?

peakish

I was playing a Solider 76 in comp mode and was having trouble against their two star Pharah. I'm only a level 25. Honestly I had just switched to Soldier 76 after trading healer spots with another player who wanted to play one...cool I thought since we were having trouble.

Well of course the finger pointing started happening at me and I, probably unwisely, said that I wasn't that good but that I'm trying my best. Of course they said I'm joking and that I should stop playing comp mode because I'm ruining it for 5 other people. I said I paid my money just like anyone else and I'm enjoying myself despite my ability.

Then the guy says he's gonna report me for griefing so I said I'm reporting him back for the name calling.

It all feels so damn juvenile but shit it really kinda sours the experience a bit. Is this kind of thing common in comp mode? I'm not even out of the 10 matches yet but the first four were great experiences and I played well (usually as Lucio). Just never had someone say "enjoy your ban" before.
What assholes. Haven't run into a lot of BM in comp yet, but there's been some stupid shit. Mute or block, maybe report and move on is the easiest.

Zemm

Apparently people on the losing team for competitive payload maps are leaving early now to minimize the amount of rank bonus the winning team gets, subsequently wasting the winning team's time. Something to do with the game calculating that the winning team's odds of winning are suddenly huge, which drastically reduces their rank points post game. =

Me and Gwyn had this happen to us twice yesterday and our rank went up about 5% of a level. Just a complete waste of time. Wouldn't have been on purpose though I guess but it does mess with the winning team as well.

brawly

Just as expected there's no difference between competitive and quick play (xbox).

People still play who they wanna play, still change characters because reasons and don't even understand basics (when I say "ultimate ready" and "group up" as Lucio you better group the fuck up dickhead).

Permanently A

I fuckin love competitive. I don't know if its worse at lower ranks but at rank 58 the games have been great so far. Even when I lose its always a close and fun game.

RemiLP

Is there a difference in dps against armour and normal health? I feel like i cant do much against armour while playing as Winston. Might be just in my head though.

Permanently A

Is there a difference in dps against armour and normal health? I feel like i cant do much against armour while playing as Winston. Might be just in my head though.

Nope, you're absolutely correct! Each source of damage is reduced by 5 points.

So someone like Winston loses a lot of DPS, whereas someone with burst like Pharah isn't really affected.

Ayumi

Welcome to competitive. Some people are toxic garbage. As long as you avoid swearing or breaking common sense, I wouldn't worry about what others say. People who get mad are usually not that good at the game, so they blame it on others.

Just remember to always report people who go out of their way to be childish, toxic and so on. I don't mean stuff like writing "EZ" in the chat after winning, but people who curse and start insulting others. Blizzard said they'll be strict about this, so the best thing we can do is ignore/not reply to troll and then report them.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Haha looking at the graph its funny to think back to launch/beta with everyone crying for Bastion nerfs

I've always thought Bastion was just a straight up dumb design for a character. I don't even see an out for him to actually be better via buffs since he already does absurd DPS, he needs an overhaul to ever really be used seriously. I don't like the existence of a character that shreds new people and is useless later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom