• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
we lost on attack on route 66. The lucio player comments on getting gold on kills and obj kills but doesn't talk about healing. no gold? lol just stop

Zemm

we lost on attack on route 66. The lucio player comments on getting gold on kills and obj kills but doesn't talk about healing. no gold? lol just stop

Jokes on him, gold on kills for Lucio just means he was tagging them for like 5 damage, it's so easy to do and means nothing. That he wasn't even the highest healer means way more.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Like I don't get why Mercy gets an on screen prompt for who she's healing but Zenyatta can't get a HP tracker for who has his Discorb Orb and who has his Zen Sphere so you can spread the heals around without having to snap up to look at Pharah to see if she's full then snap back down to throw a heal elsewhere

Except you're a puddle on the ground at that point

ramyeon

Jokes on him, gold on kills for Lucio just means he was tagging them for like 5 damage, it's so easy to do and means nothing. That he wasn't even the highest healer means way more.
To be fair we don't know he wasn't the highest healer. Could have not mentioned it because 9/10 times it's a given.

And Lucio is pretty good damage wise, I have got heaps of kills with him that are more significant than just tagging them for 5 damage (His shots to 16 damage each anyway ;)) not to mention bouncing people off the map.

God looking at McCree's usage and then go on twitch Seagull hosting someone who was putting on a clinic with McCree :p

Good aim is so fun to watch, god I wish I was good at McCree

Gurrry

I can not get paired with a winning team for shit. Ill do anything to win some ranked games. How is it possible that I get put with people who are this bad constantly?

Sorral

Apparently he was basically the terminator in the beta too.

Oh man, bring da shirtless, shoeless, ...flying? Terminator back!!!1!2

In all seriousness, they should allow him to put more than one harmony orb out or increase the potency on it. Discord orb is great, but in too many team comps, it isn't worth picking Zenyatta over Mercy/Lucio.

Permanently A

Ranked is going stupidly well for me. Placement was 7-3 and landed at 56. Been playing since then and just hit 61 and still haven't lost a single game. I'm totally out of my depth, everyone else at this level is way better than me. I'm just getting carried hard by playing support, and I'm not even doing it well.

Bydobob

God looking at McCree's usage and then go on twitch Seagull hosting someone who was putting on a clinic with McCree :p

Good aim is so fun to watch, god I wish I was good at McCree

McCree is real marmite for me. I'll either play really well with him or have a stinker. I can't get that Ult of his working very well either now, people have totally wised up to his tricks.

I'm done with Zenyatta in comp play. Twice I switched from him to Lucio and we turned the match. He just doesn't cut it as a healer and as resilient and mobile as a porcelain statue.

Outside of just buffing his health pool.
What if Zenyetta's orbs gave off a small aoe of heals/debuff to the rest around that orb. Healing Orb could still heal the person under it alot, but the aoe would be a bit less. For the purple orb, just make it very minor like 5-10 percent debuff on its aeo, just so it not too strong. I think at least his healing orbs should do aoe.

What do you guys think, I think this would for sure make him an overall better healer.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Outside of just buffing his health pool.
What if Zenyetta's orbs gave off a small aoe of heals/debuff to the rest around that orb. Healing Orb could still heal the person under it alot, but the aoe would be a bit less. For the purple orb, just make it very minor like 5-10 percent debuff on its aeo, just so it not too strong. I think at least his healing orbs should do aoe.

What do you guys think, I think this would for sure make him an overall better healer.

He still dies too quickly with no means to escape.

Ketch

Zenyatta is gonna be really tricky to balance. I feel like he's right on that line between underpowered and overpowered. You give him a bit too much and suddenly he becomes a serious problem.

You can already see it somewhat if you pair him with a Symmetra - just that extra 25 shield HP makes him notably better. Of course then you have two supports who aren't Mercy or Lucio, so that comp isn't very popular.

Yea he's great with Symmetra and torb on defense.

Torb Symmetra, zenyatta, soldier, rein +1

Permanently A

Zenyatta is gonna be really tricky to balance. I feel like he's right on that line between underpowered and overpowered. You give him a bit too much and suddenly he becomes a serious problem.

You can already see it somewhat if you pair him with a Symmetra - just that extra 25 shield HP makes him notably better. Of course then you have two supports who aren't Mercy or Lucio, so that comp isn't very popular.

Give him a speed boost when both orbs aren't deployed. He's so squishy and the only support with no mobility options.

He still dies too quickly with no means to escape.

That why you buff his health by maybe 50, and turn his nonshield health into armor. I mean he is a machine, why its not armor is beyond me.

So 100 shield / 100 armor. He would be quite tanky for a healing support, without any escape mechanic like Mercy or Lucio has.

Zemm

To be fair we don't know he wasn't the highest healer. Could have not mentioned it because 9/10 times it's a given.

And Lucio is pretty good damage wise, I have got heaps of kills with him that are more significant than just tagging them for 5 damage (His shots to 16 damage each anyway ;)) not to mention bouncing people off the map.

Yeah I've got quite a few (proper) kills with him and he can put out some damage but the gold elims with him is always very misleading and people shouldn't put so much stock in it, especially when they look at their damage done and they don't have any medal.

cHinzo

Alright I prematurely commented. Went 7-3 in placements. Came back from being down 2-0 to win 3-2 in the last one so that was awesome.

48 ranking.

What the fuck?

eefb3e2bf8.jpg

Also King of the Hill games give hardly any rank points, because it's bugged.

Quick placement games update. Got another 3 wins today. Current score is 6-0. :D Got to play on Numbani, Route 66 and Hollywood. Numbani was the closest one. Stopped the enemy payload a couple of meters before the finish line, while we managed to reach the final point. On Route 66 we held the enemy team off the 2nd checkpoint and we had such a good defense on Hollywood, they couldn't even take the first point to get the payload to move lol.

Somehow the website didn't register me playing with Reinhardt, during the whole attack phase, in Numbani and Bastion at the end of Numbani defense. Hoping to get that rank 50. :D

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
What assholes. Haven't run into a lot of BM in comp yet, but there's been some stupid shit. Mute or block, maybe report and move on is the easiest.

Welcome to competitive. Some people are toxic garbage. As long as you avoid swearing or breaking common sense, I wouldn't worry about what others say. People who get mad are usually not that good at the game, so they blame it on others.

Just remember to always report people who go out of their way to be childish, toxic and so on. I don't mean stuff like writing "EZ" in the chat after winning, but people who curse and start insulting others. Blizzard said they'll be strict about this, so the best thing we can do is ignore/not reply to troll and then report them.

I appreciate the insight guys.

I'll try and ignore it from now but it's just been a while since stuff like that has got under my skin. Hopefully I can find a level headed group of folks that don't feel the need to berate someone for not being up to their standard of playing when there are so many ridiculously good players out there with way more time in the game. It'd be awesome to avoid that toxicity in the game. Too old for that shit.

Wow. Quick play is a shithole. I used to complain about people not responding to chat or not using it at all. Now everyone is using it to talk shit after match and enforce people to report someone innocent (a McCree player on our team). I don't know what the heck did that guy do to them, but someone told him to suck somewhere else and that this isn't league (of legends).

I asked them what happened and they started talking shit and telling me to shut up because I am a noob and I lost, even though they barely won and I dominated them with Reinhardt. We had a bad match against our average team where they got the payload in front of our spawn in hollywood. I picked Reinhardt and played as serious as I can and we won after 4 minutes of payload in front of our spawn (got to overtime too). We were very respectful and commended them for a good game.

I don't know why such people are allowed to exist in modern society. Those idiots shouldn't be allowed to use social networks and any form of multimedia that allows interactions and competition between people. Such narcissistic fucks.

Prelude.

My first day on competitive has been horrible all around and made realize that it also makes no sense at all.

Skill is not involved or rewarded if the only means of advancing is by winning. This isn't a team-exclusive mode where you can say "that team is better than the other one", everyone can play it solo, so what's the point of an individual "skill level" if it's just a winrate score? It makes no sense. The amount of "competitive exp" also makes no sense with KotH maps being worthless, the flipping coin sudden death being a death sentence for the attacking team, the rampant toxicity (I've seen more in 1 day than in the whole quick game+beta) of people constantly arguing and insulting each other, the leavers, and so on.

Is it that hard to implement a real skill level? Like the one they're using for quick game MMR? I seriously can't see any positive in playing competitive over quick game. It's a worse experience in every aspect. And, as I've said before, the "rewards" are terrible so there's not even that incentive.

My first day on competitive has been horrible all around and made realize that it also makes no sense at all.

Skill is not involved or rewarded if the only means of advancing is by winning. This isn't a team-exclusive mode where you can say "that team is better than the other one", everyone can play it solo, so what's the point of an individual "skill level" if it's just a winrate score? It makes no sense. The amount of "competitive exp" makes no sense with KotH maps being worthless, the flipping coin sudden death being a death sentence for the attacking team, the rampant toxicity (I've seen more in 1 day than in the whole quick game+beta) of people constantly arguing and insulting each other, the leavers, and so on.

Is it that hard to implement a real skill level? Like the one they're using for quick game MMR? I seriously can't see any positive in playing competitive over quick game. It's a worse experience in every aspect. And, as I've said before, the "rewards" are terrible so there's not even that incentive.

Right now, the issues with competitive:
1-KoTH bug.
2-Quitters and rank sabotaging.
3-Solo que is poop.
4-A lot of people are reporting a bias in the ranking system where it favors non-healers; they are reporting cards and gold medals, but lower ranks than their group members.

Prelude.

Right now, the issues with competitive:
1-KoTH bug.
2-Quitters and rank sabotaging.
3-Solo que is poop.
4-A lot of people are reporting a bias in the ranking system where it favors non-healers; they are reporting cards and gold medals, but lower ranks than their group members.
The system is flawed right from the start. What's the point of the skill level if skill is not involved? Losing doesn't mean that you're not skilled in this game.

And you're calling it "bug", but did they actually address the issue as a "bug"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom