• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucked

New tier went up the other day

http://www.planetoverwatch.org/16-o...meta-report-ive-got-the-whole-hog-from-above/

I wish my personal experience reflected this. I see Torbs and Bastions every match and too often see no support.

Zeliard

Only thing McCree needs is the ability to take out the flankers again - Genji and especially Reaper (he's still good against Tracer if you have decent aim, since all it takes is a headshot after the stun, which was always the most efficient way to kill her with him anyway).

Reaper is just running roughshod over everything right now because McCree no longer counters him and certain tanks like Roadhog are rising up. The downside to making FTH weaker against tanks means that the flankers can now escape a lot of the time, and McCree is supposed to be the king of anti-flankers, so he's in a bizarre position now.

You can still do work with him at mid-range with good left-click aim, but in that case you're probably just better off picking S76 in most cases, since he can heal both himself and his team and has longer range before damage fall-off.

RemiLP

Nope, you're absolutely correct! Each source of damage is reduced by 5 points.

So someone like Winston loses a lot of DPS, whereas someone with burst like Pharah isn't really affected.

So thats why i have problems taking down a low health guy like zen, and zarya ia fucking imune against me. I knew i wasnt crazy!

Thanks for the info :)

Ugh, already down from 54 to 50 after about 5 or so straight losses. Guess that's what I get for thinking my luck with randoms in solo would last. Only one I won, of course, was a KotH match, so it counted for almost nothing.

Zeliard

So thats why i have problems taking down a low health guy like zen, and zarya ia fucking imune against me. I knew i wasnt crazy!

Thanks for the info :)

Zen and Zarya have shields, which work differently from armor. Shields are basically extra health that recharge after a few seconds, but they don't reduce incoming damage.

D.va is an example of a hero with a ton of armor. Heroes like Tracer, Winston, and Reaper are going to be a bit less effective against her than they are against non-armored heroes, though her critical hitbox is the size of the moon, so she still takes quite a bit of damage.

Other heroes with armor are Winston, Reinhardt, and Bastion. And Torb can hook anyone up with it (he also gets a bunch of armor himself when he ults).

Gorillaz

Apparently people on the losing team for competitive payload maps are leaving early now to minimize the amount of rank bonus the winning team gets, subsequently wasting the winning team's time. Something to do with the game calculating that the winning team's odds of winning are suddenly huge, which drastically reduces their rank points post game. =\

It's been like 2 days and people already learning the MMR and how to cut their loses on the rankings? damn that's impressive

Why is Zarya not used as much on Defense?
Assuming people feel like defense allows alot more wiggle room on characters that they just slide into their favs. Or they don't want to play as aggressive on Defense.

RemiLP

Zen and Zarya have shields, which work differently from armor. Shields are basically extra health that recharge after a few seconds, but they don't reduce incoming damage.

D.va is an example of a hero with a ton of armor. Heroes like Tracer, Winston, and Reaper are going to be a bit less effective against her than they are against non-armored heroes, though her critical hitbox is the size of the moon, so she still takes quite a bit of damage.

Other heroes with armor are Winston, Reinhardt, and Bastion. And Torb can hook anyone up with it (he also gets a bunch of armor himself when he ults).

Oh, im slightly crazy then. I see i need to read up on this stuff. Had no idea it worked like that

Sorral

lol man..Zenyatta. I wonder what they will change to make him popular. I still see him picked a lot in quickplay though.

And oh god, love Zarya so much more for some reason. Different matches and at low rank:

Yeah I voted for myself to get that 10! D:

But really, managed to do multiple ults and hold a whole team back over and over while getting triple kills. Felt so good. I don't know why this was sort of harder to pull off on the PS4 and I doubt that it was the controller. Maybe it is because I started over while knowing what to do.
She's definitely my go to tank most of the time along with Lucio with randoms. Just so good to play!

Zeliard

Zenyatta is gonna be really tricky to balance. I feel like he's right on that line between underpowered and overpowered. You give him a bit too much and suddenly he becomes a serious problem.

You can already see it somewhat if you pair him with a Symmetra - just that extra 25 shield HP makes him notably better. Of course then you have two supports who aren't Mercy or Lucio, so that comp isn't very popular.

J Range

I think zenyatta is pretty good , hes pretty popular in quick play on ps4. Obviously he has some serious deficiency if hes getting 0 play on the pc competitive scene though.

Death needs to he whimsical again bros.

Discord orbs change the game a lot for me. Do many think Zen is still too weak HP-wise?

Buffing his HP wouldn't really help now that bodyshots no longer kill him. He'll have the lowest survivability in the game even with 200 HP thanks to having no movement options. So I don't think it's fair that his healing is so gimped compared to Mercy and Lucio's. He doesn't technically have to put himself at as much risk as Mercy to pocket somebody, but he's already putting himself at risk by maintaining line of sight on enemies and allies and has zero escape options, so why is his healing so mediocre? He should be a priority target in a fight, while currently he's just kind of a free kill for when the rest of his team gets overrun. We can't exactly say it's for fear of having an overpowered support either; Mercy can reverse a teamfight with one of the faster-building ults in the game, and Lucio is an unkillable rollerblading lunatic.

If he's going to die from being poked and has zero escape options, at least let him help his team before his inevitable death.

I do figure that Zen benefits from the less accurate player base in console land, you still die to a gust of wind but it takes longer for that wind to blow.

eek5

Why is Zarya not used as much on Defense?

On KOTH the ult is very strong because everyone tries to get into an area together. I think for attacking you can keep engaging with heroes and keep your energy high since defenders will try to trickle back in each time.

On defense the other team, in competitive at least, is going to regroup for team pushes so your energy will drop down each engagement making you weak zarya at the beginning of each push.

That's my guess at least.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
They should give him his old Harmony orb back.

Would also help push Tracer and Genji's pick rates higher since they benefit most from a remote auto heal. Reaper and Soldier can both take care of themselves.

Nimby

Banned
A lot of people were saying Zen would get some use now that Widow was nerfed (lol). I agree with his mobility, just being able to escape could go a long way.

Why is Mei not used as much?

Quick Play is now there to dick around with heroes you aren't familiar with or experiment with unconventional strategies. If you want to tryhard, play competitive.

Had someone say the same thing in a match I was in where one player got super-salty that their team wasn't being Optimal To The Max. Salty player in response to being told to go Comp if they wanna tryhard, was to tell the rest of the team to go VS AI if they want to be such bads.

Now that Comp is out, the general level of toxicity in Quick Play has gone up noticably, likely because the more serious, quiet players are off doing Comp. Might take a week for things to settle.

A lot of people were saying Zen would get some use now that Widow was nerfed (lol). I agree with his mobility, just being able to escape could go a long way.

Why is Mei not used as much?

She doesn't fulfill a very specific DPS/ tank/ healer role so she may as well not exist 90% of the time in competitive games.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Give him a Shift ability that splits him into 3 clones like Mirror Image which copy his movements and firing.

As I see it Zen, Mei and Hanzo are all characters who have a lot of ability to deal damage and take on anybody in the right situation. It's just for tournaments why would they take the risk of using a projectile based character when they can use hitscan. There is nothing stopping you playing these characters in your normal games and doing really well with them even if you miss some shots sometimes because someone moves. Pharah is an exception to this because of her mobility and not being a headshot character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom