• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roubjon

I've never had such an awful string of losses in a row before. It's like the game is telling me to slow down with the wins bub. Holy shit at how awful some of these players are.

And yet I'm still addicted.

I've never had such an awful string of losses in a row before. It's like the game is telling me to slow down with the wins bub. Holy shit at how awful some of these players are.

And yet I'm still addicted.

There is a detailed post on Overwatch forums by Jeff, which explains how matchmaking works. You are supposed to group up with people of similar stats and "momentum" of wins as you, so as you win more, your chances of winning will most likely decrease because of competitiveness, even though Jeff claims that the system matches you with winners where you have a 50-50 winning probability.

What happens is, you get grouped with low levels guys who were lucky or have bloated stats, which Jeff mentions. It seems to happen A LOT more than getting into a high level lobby of people/group that wins a lot.

The carry is real. Not Control, either. Hybrid on Hollywood.

hardcarry.png

xaosslug

D.Va finally clicked for me when it hit me she's the only character that can genuinely FLY... that's when she became one of the most fun/versatile characters to play for me. Got an annoying turret/Bastion halfway across the map? Raise shield, zoom right up to it, and take it out. Annoying Pharah 'raining justice' on your parade? Raise shield, zoom up and knock her out of the sky. Sniper bullets constantly whizzing by ur head? Raise shield, zoom up to their perch, and take 'em out, etc.

love ha :)

I just had a player start the game by saying, "Don't expect me to switch, I only play Mercy." He proceeded just to bitch and complain all game about how "bad" we are. He wasn't very good at Mercy either, some people have issues lol.

Roubjon

I'll never understand how people at level 50 and above still don't know how to take out turrets. I feel like half of the time I have to switch to D.Va to do it because no one else understands.

X-Frame

Zarya is really all about the disengage, but man does the buzzing of the High Energy laser go to your head and make you just want to melt everyone.

Dying really hurts Zarya so backing off, letting her shields recharge and/or her Barrier come off cool down then pushing more, rinse and repeat, that seems like the best way to be successful with her.

Blues1990

D.Va finally clicked for me when it hit me she's the only character that can genuinely FLY... that's when she became one of the most fun/versatile characters to play for me. Got an annoying turret/Bastion halfway across the map? Raise shield, zoom right up to it, and take it out. Annoying Pharah 'raining justice' on your parade? Raise shield, zoom up and knock her out of the sky. Sniper bullets constantly whizzing by ur head? Raise shield, zoom up to their perch, and take 'em out, etc.

love ha :)
I haven't played with D.Va too much, but she is certainly a fun Hero with a unique set of tools. I was surprised with how versatile her pistol is, as I was able to take out two Soldiers & a Bastion (in turret mode) with it.

It's a shame that her mech's ultimate is so predictable.

Ketch

just won a 5v6. ranked has actually been pretty good for me. 0 toxicity so far, and some decen communication on in game voip.

Chocobro

Well that's interesting. I went 8-2 in my placement matches, playing mostly Lucio, Mercy, and Zarya to get rank 57. My friend went 5-5 and got 56 playing only reaper. We both soloQ'd.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
From 54 to 56 to 52, getting some real winners on my team.

Shoutout to the Bastion on Lijiang Tower and the Hanzo that wouldn't switch off Hanzo in King's Row.

Rixxan

i just lost with 92 elims and 95% kill participation

oZOSDhb.jpg

although i did go from 52 to 58 rating tonight, hope to be 70 by next weekend

xaosslug

I haven't played with D.Va too much, but she is certainly a fun Hero with a unique set of tools. I was surprised with how versatile her pistol is, as I was able to take out two Soldiers & a Bastion (in turret mode) with it.

It's a shame that her mech's ultimate is so predictable.

i know that feel, bro.

but, it's good when you are in overtime and you gotta push the payload those last few meters... just land on the payload and when the mech's about to break... NERF THIS! and it's scatter or die, ftw! ^__^

Akim

Banned
Ranked mode is a complete joke sometimes

On Volskya Industries and both teams couldn't even capture the first point. Now we decide the game on a coin flip.......we have to attack the point within 2 minutes.

Nice system

terrible

Banned
I'm finding ranked to be better than regular matchmaking. There are definitely some stomps but it doesn't seem to happen as often.

i cant take reaper anymore... Pls make it stop

If I'm Junkrat I just make him fly through the air with concussion mines and then he's someone else's problem.

But seriously, he's hard to finish off when someone uses them smartly. Kind of annoying.

Clawww

I'm finding ranked to be better than regular matchmaking. There are definitely some stomps but it doesn't seem to happen as often.

If I'm Junkrat I just make him fly through the air with concussion mines and then he's someone else's problem.

But seriously, he's hard to finish off when someone uses them smartly. Kind of annoying.

nothing worse than almost finishing him and then he invuls and gets to healthpack with the speed bonus

just finished Route 66. started with Roadhog. enemy team had roadhog, junkrat, pharah, mercy, symmetra and torbjorn. it was tough for team to kill off the other team. and i was doing roadhog thinking i could pick them off but idk what the other team was doing so i kept getting tag teamed. so i was like fuck it. we have 1 minute left and switched to lucio.stingy as it was i had to keep myself alive so i speedboosted and stayed around the payload when we reached the first payload. sat on it for a good 3 minutes until victory. didn't die and pushed it just tagging the other team up. luckily the team were doing more damage because other team wasn't ready. but man.

anyways, it was just quick play.

the competitive mode i judy can't right now either.. i'll hold off when i have time to sit down and play

Anyone know when we are going to get our first new map and/or character? I know we are getting competitive mode and GGs on consoles next week but I am dying to see something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom