• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm finding ranked to be better than regular matchmaking. There are definitely some stomps but it doesn't seem to happen as often.

If I'm Junkrat I just make him fly through the air with concussion mines and then he's someone else's problem.

But seriously, he's hard to finish off when someone uses them smartly. Kind of annoying.

his ult fires in all direction though. can't stop him lol

Nazo

I was just playing with some friends of mine and we had like 2 separate games were something bugged out with the control points. On Nepal it had gone into overtime but a friend of mine was standing in the complete center of the control point and he wasn't able to contest the point. The round right after the something happened to but to the enemy team. It was even worse for them because they're whole team was on the point and we weren't, but we still some how took it. Then we were defending Nubani and the enemy team had pushed the payload super close to the final checkpoint. Like half a meter away. I ulted as Reaper clearing them of the payload and yet they still won the game even though there was NO ONE ON THE PAYLOAD BUT ME.

I don't know what causes this but this shit is the absolute worst and Blizzard needs to address it.

So I was playing KOTH competitive on Lijiang Tower, and there was a Genji on my team that was just crapping on every other player on the team (it's always Genjis, in my experience.) To be fair our team was doing pretty awful, but I didn't notice the hero ball ninja doing a whole lot either. So after round 2 he continues his rampant shit talking, ending with "I have 3 gold medals u guys suck lol." So I glance over at my metals and notice I'm rocking 3 gold and a silver. After I point this out to him I swear to god the dude went "oh yeah well you suck fat dick" and then he left the room. It was so unbelievably childish that it honestly made my night. I don't even mind that we lost (the non-existent rank drop helped with that), the laughs I got from such idiocy more than made up for it.

Sometimes competitive scrubs are so toxic that it rolls back over into being a positive experience in a weird way.

Rixxan

i just lost with 92 elims and 95% kill participation

oZOSDhb.jpg

Cut a clip from it https://youtu.be/WwLdo0k7uEo

First competitive match on Xbox One. Whole team decides to group up on the left most exit of the Hollywood spawn except this one Soldier 76. We keep using the Group Up command but to no avail. Match starts and while we go in hard, the soldier gets immediately sniped trying to go out the main entrance.

He leaves and the match shuts down. Not even 30 secs on the clock.

Dis gon be a good game mode.

patchday

There needs to be a disclaimer at the start of the game to say this isn't COD and that the objective comes first.

That's not fair. CoD actually has some objective modes. Yes, Deathmatch is by far the most popular but there is some objectives (at least in the CoDs I played- Blops 3 and CoD: AW).

Plus, it would be crazy for Overwatch to say this and diss their partner (Blizzard-Activision publishes CoD)

Anyway I know you are just salty and saying this half-seriously. Or did you really mean it lol :)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So I was playing KOTH competitive on Lijiang Tower, and there was a Genji on my team that was just crapping on every other player on the team (it's always Genjis, in my experience.) To be fair our team was doing pretty awful, but I didn't notice the hero ball ninja doing a whole lot either. So after round 2 he continues his rampant shit talking, ending with "I have 3 gold medals u guys suck lol." So I glance over at my metals and notice I'm rocking 3 gold and a silver. After I point this out to him I swear to god the dude went "oh yeah well you suck fat dick" and then he left the room. It was so unbelievably childish that it honestly made my night. I don't even mind that we lost (the non-existent rank drop helped with that), the laughs I got from such idiocy more than made up for it.

Sometimes competitive scrubs are so toxic that it rolls back over into being a positive experience in a weird way.

Genji mains man.

We had one talking shit even though we were winning.

patchday

oh man so many horror stories from Ranked. I still havent set foot in there. I'll go for sure if my usual group of friends want to venture in together. But if I go in alone I fear I will get tilted and lose my love for the game

but those golden guns are calling me yo'

patchday

Man I went 6-4 and I got 49. :(

The 4 losses were complete shutouts though.

I hate it when that happens. You win majority of your matches and still get dropped below where you want to be.

Huh, does ranked mode display MMR? I thought they would display the internal mmr raising and falling so folks not in the dark why they landed in their ranks

LAM09

That's not fair. CoD actually has some objective modes. Yes, Deathmatch is by far the most popular but there is some objectives (at least in the CoDs I played- Blops 3 and CoD: AW).

Plus, it would be crazy for Overwatch to say this and diss their partner (Blizzard-Activision publishes CoD)

Anyway I know you are just salty and saying this half-seriously. Or did you really mean it lol :)

It was a joke to an extent. I'm just tired of the amount of people I'm paired with that do almost nothing other than look to kill people. It's all fine and dandy when there's one person like that, but it's a nightmare when 3 players in a team.

This game is unlike any MP I've played, as the objective takes center stage unlike most shooters around (excluding certain playlists).

Antiwhippy

oh man so many horror stories from Ranked. I still havent set foot in there. I'll go for sure if my usual group of friends want to venture in together. But if I go in alone I fear I will get tilted and lose my love for the game

but those golden guns are calling me yo'

Ehhhh, in my experience the bad teams are about as bad as quick play, but the good solo teams are far more organised than what you get at quick play.

Haven't played much yet though since I finished my placement because I want to play widow and I don't dare to bring my widow to ranked. :p

Rocketz

Man I went 6-4 and I got 49. :(

The 4 losses were complete shutouts though.

I only had 1 match that was a disaster. The rest is people picking Hanzon every single. Stop it.

I'm personally playing some of the best games I've had in a while. Playing solo queue is bad.

I try D.Va for the first time in KoTH (because I have legendary skin), and I get three gold medals and one silver. I got countered hard by the enemy team; they went two Roadhogs but I don't know if that is a solid counter in a proper team.

ramyeon

Is insulting people who are good at games by calling them "tryhards" normal in online gaming? I feel lucky I've avoided this shit until now.

patchday

It was a joke to an extent. I'm just tired of the amount of people I'm paired with that do almost nothing other than look to kill people. It's all fine and dandy when there's one person like that, but it's a nightmare when 3 players in a team.

This game is unlike any MP I've played, as the objective takes center stage unlike most shooters around (excluding certain playlists).

Yeah I must agree with you there. Only other really deep thinking shooter like OW I can think of is Rainbow Six Siege. I suppose there are some other shooters but those two are the most recent notables.

I only had 1 match that was a disaster. The rest is people picking Hanzon every single. Stop it.

I'm personally playing some of the best games I've had in a while. Playing solo queue is bad.

I am trying to wait. Hoping the really 'bads' float to the bottom. Maybe things get much better in another week or so

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Is insulting people who are good at games by calling them "tryhards" normal in online gaming? I feel lucky I've avoided this shit until now.

If you beat me then you're a tryhard piece of shit without a life.

If you lose to me then you're a scrub who needs to l2git gud.

ramyeon

Not just games. Anytime anyone's successful at anything the laziest, go-to insult is 'tryhard'
I've honestly never heard it. Tryhard here in Australia always meant someone who tries really hard to fit in to a group/be something they're not. Both meanings are terrible.

So you get called a scrub if you're bad, a tryhard if you're good. So I guess the only way to play is just be completely, totally mediocre.

Davidion

Finally got to level 25, with slightly above 50% win rate.

Now that I'm finally somewhat comfortable with the game, it's time to throw myself against the rocks in comp. ugh

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's kind of funny that Blizzard doesn't have scoreboards to 'prevent a certain behavior' but from my experience, the ones that bring that stuff up are usually at the bottom of the scoreboard.

So now that they don't know and can't be proven how much they suck shit, they're just encouraged to talk even more shit. And it is almost always a Genji.

Antiwhippy

I try D.Va for the first time in KoTH (because I have legendary skin), and I get three gold medals and one silver. I got countered hard by the enemy team; they went two Roadhogs but I don't know if that is a solid counter in a proper team.

Roadhog to Dva? Not specifically. You can pre-emptively shutdown hook with defense matrix, and they should match in DPS at their range fairly closely, but Roadhog eventually out-dps her, and that's assuming that he doesn't stun her first.

I wouldn't say it's hard counter, but it probably favours roadhog more. Defense matrix is great for eating whole hogs though.

Roadhog to Dva? Not specifically. You can pre-emptively shutdown hook with defense matrix, and they should match in DPS at their range fairly closely, but Roadhog eventually out-dps her, and that's assuming that he doesn't stun her first.

I wouldn't say it's hard counter, but it probably favours roadhog more. Defense matrix is great for eating whole hogs though.

I had two Roadhogs attack me at once, or they attack me one after the other (I killed the Roadhog a couple of times when there was one). But again, I was fighting alone--how do you think I would nearly get four gold medals with a character I suck with? I haven't gotten deep with her in terms of strat and defensive metric conservation; I don't instinctively fly away either. It is a good start with D.Va though--I think the map choice was decent too.

I think D.Va with Reinhardt and Mercy is something worth testing. D.Va can cover close range really well, and she has more mobility and defensive shit than Roadhog. But Zarya+Reinhardt might be a better combo.

I've been really liking Roadhog recently. Hooking and killing a Mercy or Tracer is just so satisfying. Plus his self heal is great for staying alive which make him the best character for soloing in my opinion. Still not great with his ult though, seems I always knock a bunch of people back but get few kills. Guess I just need to learn to use it at the right time.

Patiently waiting for competitive to come out on PS4.

Antiwhippy

I've been really liking Roadhog recently. Hooking and killing a Mercy or Tracer is just so satisfying. Plus his self heal is great for staying alive which make him the best character for soloing in my opinion. Still not great with his ult though, seems I always knock a bunch of people back but get few kills. Guess I just need to learn to use it at the right time.

Patiently waiting for competitive to come out on PS4.

Pray you have a mercy who knows what they're doing, because damage boosted whole hog = the stuff of dreams.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
guys we don't need genji, tracer, and reaper on CP Vols on attack

guys. guys. guys. Oh ok Soldier run in front of my shield for NO REASON

XenoRaven

You can't report people on PS4 for just being assholes can you? They have to have an offensive name or something? I don't see an option for "sat at spawn throwing shurikens at a rock like a fucking dick".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom