• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Played my ass off with some 72% hook rate Roadhog. Back to 50.

Kurita

When you're on payload defense for Sudden Death
chris2ciyoq.gif

Ass clenching stress

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I find soldier 76's ult to be one of the most satisfying in the game, second only to mei I think, growing up with fps games and never using a hack before its so cool to just use an old school hack for a few seconds and see what it feels like.

Blizzard

Banned
I find soldier 76's ult to be one of the most satisfying in the game, second only to mei I think, growing up with fps games and never using a hack before its so cool to just use an old school hack for a few seconds and see what it feels like.
For me, it feels like "HELP I CAN'T HEADSHOT WHY IS MY DAMAGE SO LOW". Because the ult can't headshot and you only get like one clip, it took a while to get the 4-kill soldier 76 ult achievement.

Pooya

I was solo qing, I pick last all the time since I'm willing to play any role really, ok, we get 2x tracer, reaper, lucio and ofcourse Hanzo like everygame! So I naturally pick Zarya to have some synergy and shield all these flanker..

This Hanzo rocked! without even talking and just showing ult status, we synced ult everytime and blew them up again and again. Good Hanzos are pretty cool!

It helped that everyone on the teams were star level players, it might not tell much about actual skill but they know the maps and what heroes can do well enough by now and probably watched Seagull! Gating <25 players is not good enough for competitive, they probably don't even know where health packs are in every map yet and this one guy didn't know roadhog has an alt fire!

I figured at what times to solo q to get better matches (like well past mid night when kids are sleeping! lol), it helps a lot to get better matches.

Welp, competitive solo is managing to sap my goodwill for Overwatch. As a tank main I get shit for medals if my team's not doing well too, and I feel helpless -and- like I'm not excelling at all. :l Like what do you even do when your team's basically just rolling into the death grinder, not grouping at all, when you're Rein or Winston? Not shit, that's what. If I lead, no one follows, and I get crushed 6v1 or just hover ineffectively out of my own attack range. If I don't lead, then what am I good for as a tank, and people just run into the crowd without waiting for me.

I just don't know how to excel as Reinhardt or Winston in competitive.

Starting to run into some pretty good genji mains around the high 50's low 60s.

Tonight was the tiiiiiiiiiits to begin with. We had an absolutely down to the wire Dorado game. We got locked into spawn for a good minute or two, and then pushed out and took first in sudden death. Moved the cart a bit further, same thing happened, barely capped 2nd. Absolutely nutty final point, I'm amazed we even got it. Other team quickly came back, and we lucked into attacking and took it pretty handily, they gambled all in on a bastion defense and lost.

Rest of the games were OK till the last one, absolute nightmare. Reaper is DEFINITELY strong AF now, doesn't help when their pharra, genji, and reaper are all playing out of their minds and nobody on our team can aim (me included, was very off)

Overall, Ranked at 62 to start, down to 60 at the end, pretty happy overall, got some good plays

Zocano

Well finished my placements. 6-4 rank 55

I am content with that but it's still frustrating because I mostly play the supports (re: pretty much always) and it's just a dice roll as to whether my team mates can actually kill or they can't and we just get steam rolled. Only 2 games were use getting steam rolled but man is it frustrating.

Herla

3 wins, 3 losses...2vs6 matches are not helping my chances :/

Oh, and a white icon appeared next to my rank for the last couple matches...what does that mean? Am I cursed or something!? Cause it sure feels like it.

Blizzard

Banned
It is getting kind of crazy. Literally every match with significant Tracer time on my team today has been a loss. I think it's up to 5 now -- typically playing Genji style (never changing from Tracer the entire match), even if it's something like payload offense and is having no success.

I already hated playing with or against the character, but it's become even worse since competitive came out.

Binding voice line to a mouse button has been the best thing I've done in this game.

No monkey business.
No monkey business.
No monkey business.
No monkey business.
No monkey business.

Kamion

two snipers is the WORST when I'm on an attack team. since they never want to jump into the objective and are hanging way too far back.

At least it's only two. I had four Snipers on attack once and they refused to switch.

(by the way, three of them were Hanzos, the Widowmaker switched in the end. Just way too late. Hanzo players are the worst.)

they probably don't even know where health packs are in every map yet

I've played this game for hours and I still forget health pack placement... Which is why I cannot Tracer :x

Blizzard

Banned
Seriously who designed a competitive mode, where if you make the enemy rage quit, you dont get credit for that game.
The same people who make a rejoin option so that, if you accidentally disconnect during champ select and reconnect before the match starts, and get a perfect victory, you will be given a (1-level in my case) loss and demotion instead. :p

Pooya

The worst part is that, it's probably not even a fault on your end that causes the DC, bnet servers are notoriously frequently unstable. There is like a notice on the launcher saying they are having issues a few times every week.

The same people who make a rejoin option so that, if you accidentally disconnect during champ select and reconnect before the match starts, and get a perfect victory, you will be given a (1-level in my case) loss and demotion instead. :p

WTF!
Overwatch competitive mode: Brought to you by the people who designed mysterious challenger!

cHinzo

It doesn't even feel the same as old school wallhacks, where your crosshair just snaps to the enemy's heads. :< U still got full control of the camera with Soldier: 76's ult.

Doubt I'm gonna play competitive after the placements until all the problems are fixed lol.

Zemm

So much easier to rank up in a group of 3-4 instead of solo. Don't think I'll ever queue for ranked solo again, way too frustrating.

How's it holding up on PS4?

Pay day this week so I've got it arriving via Prime Now in the next few hours.

I'll admit that I know next to nothing about the game but I have a craving for a team based shooter.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Why are there so many leaver in ranked? Goddamn. None on my side so far, but I've met so many teams where when they lose the first round, someone disconnects, and then everyone disconnects.

They really need to up that penalty because it's clearly not working.

ViviOggi

Still baffled the KOTH issue went through PTR and messed up placement across the board, at least they fixed it quickly I guess... Hearthstone team would have sat it out for at least the full season

Oh so the KOTH bug is fixed? I can start playing comp now. I stopped after my placement matches when I heard it was a thing. Good to see Blizzard corrected the issue in a timely manner.

peakish

Why are there so many leaver in ranked? Goddamn. None on my side so far, but I've met so many teams where when they lose the first round, someone disconnects, and then everyone disconnects.

They really need to up that penalty because it's clearly not working.
Competitive is new so I hope these are mostly players who are quickly trying it out but don't care about their rank or ranked play in general. With any luck they'll stop playing that mode in a few weeks. Of course there will always be rage quitters and I don't know the ratio of them to those who don't care so who knows by how much it'll change. It also depends on how strict the penalties actually turn out to be for repeat offenders, if they work these players will be weeded out as the season progresses.

But who knows.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I'm really starting to enjoy Tracer

Playing her now after knowing map locations of where the most likely place certain classes put their shit has been very key into getting good with her

Torb and Sym turret placements I can easily bypass now
Only one sometimes that's a bitch is Junkrat trap
I once got caught in it at the most random place possible, like who the fuck leaves a trap here

Also hate it sinks way too much into ground to spot it easily
The teeth should be sticking out

Most Junkrat I've run into lately are trying the lay trap and mine on top of it for a wombo combo of sorts
It just gives away the position way to easily

I'm real good now with Torb, Reaper, and soon Tracer
Bastion and Mei as backup or to force the team switch it up
Tank wise I enjoy Roadhog and Winston the most
Support Symmetra mostly, never go full healer in pubs, cause it just a headache healing assholes who would rather keep requesting heal, get it, run away, die, and complain why they weren't healed when they were in the enemies defense point get Rekt by 4 enemies

They should really make it so that if you stick to a competitive game after a teammate leaves and you win the match that you rank up more.
This would encourage tactical leaves and bullying leaves.

Some of Blizzard's decisions with competitive are frustrating, but they're always trying to mitigate toxic behavior.

Only one sometimes that's a bitch is Junkrat trap
I once got caught in it at the most random place possible, like who the fuck leaves a trap here

Also hate it sinks way too much into ground to spot it easily
The teeth should be sticking out

Most Junkrat I've run into lately are trying the lay trap and mine on top of it for a wombo combo of sorts
It just gives away the position way to easily

It's better to use the mine as cheese for the trap... put it behind so Tracers and Reapers charge at it blasting without looking down. *clang* *carpet bomb*

redlegs87

Been playing this game on and off for a few days it's pretty fun much better when I have a group to play with. Sadly I don't always have a group so if anyone would like to play here's my battlenet Redlegs#1274

duckroll

Is there a Hanzo on your team? Yes? The match is lost.

What is that? Two Hazons on the other team? Prepare to steamroll the match.

Hanzo hate on pub games is 100% justified.

DrArchon

Yeah, I think I'm done with solo competitive until I get better at KB&M and they fix they KotH bug. It's clear that right now wins and losses are almost completely out of my control, and there's no way I'll get enough wins to get a golden weapon (much less enough to feel good about myself).

I'll just stick to quick play from now on. Less coordination from enemy teams means I should be able to do marginally better while mastering KB&M, plus I won't have that extra gut punch of losing and seeing my rank go down.

Just had a game with a level 16 Hanzo who never used his ult until the end of the game(did absolutely nothing) and a Mercy who never revived once the entire game probably waiting for a quad revive. Safe to say we lost that game.

duckroll

The worst feeling as a Mercy on a doomed team is when you rush back into the action and use your ult, only to realize you just revived the Hanzo on your team.

I love being on Push the Payload maps and watching the Hanzo and Widowmaker on my team not push the payload and us losing because of it.

fucking

love

it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom