• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get the hate for Hanzo. So easy to just spam arrows and hit the target, and you don't need to play him as a sniper to be effective. His sonic arrow is a great ability to have on the team too.

Yeah I dont really get it either. I completely suck playing as him (on console) but i've seen plenty of people that really do well with him and help the team.

Hyun Sai

Did they adjust the probability of getting legendaries? I just got my 4th legendary drop in the past 10 lootboxes. Zenyatta's Pharoah, 500 credits, Zarya's Goth :| and Tracer's punk :| :|

Perhaps it's your lucky week !

Only reason for them to increase drop rate/ do Xp week ends and stuff is if the player base is dropping anyway, it may be too soon for that.

ragevvorks

Neo Member
Who think that going to point A one by one to die off is a good strategy. Who can't seem to aim for anything.

Starting to think OW could really use a minimap.. the blue chevrons indicating your teammates are often hard to see unless you do a 360 spin before proceeding - or are even non-indicative of who the person at that location is. Combine that with tilting after getting bodied makes you rush back only to face another 1v6 wreckage.

I really do not understand why this is allowed.

When their queue times out it seems that they loosen the limits a lot. It probably doesn't help that high level players game the hell out of the queue system by deliberately running smaller groups to dodge better players. It's one reason why if you have 6 man queue separate to solo queue the 6 man queue would die out fast. Nobody is going queue 6 man with their friends when they know there is a high chance they will be matched against a top tournament team who can't find anyone their level to play but still want to pub stomp for rank points.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
A new easter egg has been added to Lijiang Tower in memory of a real life hero.

On the Control Center map of Lijiang Tower, the name "宏宇" (Hongyu) is added to one of the space suit on the red side. The phrase "英雄不朽" (Heroes never die) is also added to the background behind it.

This is to honor the death of a young Chinese Overwatch player, Hongyu Wu (吴宏宇), who unfortunately sacrificed his life when he bravely chased after a motorbike thief on the 23th of May, 2016.

The criminal was arrested eventually, but we lost a brave young soul forever. May he rest in peace.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4qrpn7/a_new_easter_egg_has_been_added_to_lijiang_tower/

CmSXa6PWcAAkN7B.jpg

zoukka

Roadhog flow is the greatest thing. Landing every hook, owning a reaper 1v1, dropping in the middle of the enemy team and ulting them all to a pit...

I must've killed more than ten people in nepal just by hooking them to the pit :b

(this high only lasts until you meet a good enemy tracer)

Kito

Did they adjust the probability of getting legendaries? I just got my 4th legendary drop in the past 10 lootboxes. Zenyatta's Pharoah, 500 credits, Zarya's Goth :| and Tracer's punk :| :|

Yeah I've been getting an abnormal amount of legendaries... but not on different characters: Scavenger and Punk when I already had Junebug and Mach T.

FoxSpirit

I swear, Tracer has to be the most annoying hero. Holy crap, so much damage and sooo hard to catch at my current level. Like insane.

Gurrry

I swear, Tracer has to be the most annoying hero. Holy crap, so much damage and sooo hard to catch at my current level. Like insane.

Everytime I play her, I feel like her damage is garbage.

Then I run into a good tracer player and their damage is insane.

Im guessing it probably has to do with headshots vs body shots, but I always feel like Im doing something wrong when I play her

Now I know true frustration when you carry a team but still lose, and then blizzard slap you with a rank drop.
This is not the skill based competitive I was asking for. There is a reason why I hate win lose type of skill placement.

Rixxan

Monstrous.

I feel bad for that guy who was attempting to counter-snipe during the first half of it. He was gunning for you so hard.

There is no good reason why your team couldn't win push that last spot.

thanks, yet reddit is crucifying me for not playing the objective

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4qrqp8/95_kill_participation_92_eliminations_loss/

personally i feel killing their entire team over and over is doing my job in this particular circumstance

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I'll be shocked if Reinhardt doesn't eventually have a WoW armor set skin

Well this is pretty Warcraft-ish

latest

But we will definitely get tons of more skins from the Blizzard universe. Diablo, Starcraft, Warcraft etc.

aeolist

Banned

Im guessing it probably has to do with headshots vs body shots, but I always feel like Im doing something wrong when I play her

it's the range she operates in. tracer should be up close making sure that most of her pulse shots hit to ensure max damage. even a bit outside that range and she falls off quite a bit.

up close aiming and staying elusive even at that range is what separates good tracers from bad ones.

mbpm1

If you're not within like...5 feet and landing headshots while being very evasive you're either too far or too inaccurate or too easily caught to maximize her potential.

brian!

In-game metrics matter, although it's not clear exactly how, and Blizzard probably don't want to be too candid about it.

But people need to understand this is basically an Elo system and two players going 8-2, e.g., does not mean the same thing. Whom you win or lose against—and what the system expects from a matchup—is key. When you get matchmade, look and see which team is the "underdog"; those players have less at stake if they lose and more to gain if they win.

The other thing to remember is that 10 games is a tiny, tiny sample size, and all ranked players probably need to hit 50 or more games before this thing shakes out more or less fairly.

That said, the system still seems grindable to some degree: the amount you can gain or lose seems pretty constrained, and it doesn't look like you can go up or down multiple ranks at a time after being placed.

My guess is Blizzard are subtly tweaking things so most people can build on their initial placement over the course of a season and feel good about themselves. That fits with the rest of their design philosophy on the game while still making things "competitive."

Yeah tru, though the two example i gave we mostly duoed the placements. I get why blizz wouldnt want to release the effect of in-game metrics and mmr though

Gurrry

I dont think Ill ever win another game in ranked. I dont get how we keep losing. This shit is fucked.

From rank 50 to 46 in about 5 games. Pretty stupid. I wish this stuff was more based off your individual performance. Not if you win or lose. I understand thats a big part of it, but I wish the loss of rating wasnt so harsh.

mellow

I eliminated 5 people with D.Va's ult earlier in overtime on Nepal that had lasted for like 2 minutes. Couldn't believe it since that's like my total elims in 100+ uses prior.

Someone fucking save me. I don't want to play with Torbjorn or get four gold medals with Reinhardt.

If anyone is up for competitive on EU server, add me. I will seriously quit if this goes on.

Sudden dick! And I have 30 eliminations and all gold/silver medals with REINHARDT.

Edit: We are attacking TWICE. Fuck Blizzard, and fuck this game. I will not play until they fix sudden dick. I had to deliver the payload with less than two minutes with a team that let me get two gold/two silver medals overall. I lost 75% of a point, so fuck Blizzard, fuck Torb, fuck Hanzo and fuck whoever lead me to getting ranked this low with scrubs who can't out-damage Reinhfreakinghardt.

sb3x4wZ.png

Note that I played Reinhardt/Lucio/Soldier-76 most of the time in competitive.

Why is each one of my stats is in the 99th percentile? And apparently, I am in the 1% of the skill rating. I am so fucked, it is not even funny. I managed 3-0 until I got screwed by sudden dick and a shitty Torb player. I am so skipping this season; I doubt I can a group that will accept to invite me with my skill rating.

Can anyone shine a light as to how in-game metrics affect mmr/rank? I went 8-2 and got placed 55 while my bruh went 7-3 and got placed 61, his stats were better tho

Feel like itd be slightly wack to reward picking characters you can get a good kda with vs. things like map-specific picks and filling roles

It's definitely not based on just kda. I went 7-3 in qualifying and played nothing but tank and Lucio/Mercy. So I definitely wasn't lighting up the kill scoreboard. I did have mostly gold and at worst silver in objective time in every game though.

benzopil

And now people learned how to crash servers with certain characters if they are losing... With invisible turrets on Dorado, glitched KotH and this I don't even know who tested this game in Blizzard. And nobody will talk about it on websites, maybe because this game is not made by Ubisoft lol.

eek5

sb3x4wZ.png

Note that I played Reinhardt/Lucio/Soldier-76 most of the time in competitive.

Why is each one of my stats is in the 99th percentile? And apparently, I am in the 1% of the skill rating. I am so fucked, it is not even funny. I managed 3-0 until I got screwed by sudden dick and a shitty Torb player. I am so skipping this season; I doubt I can a group that will accept to invite me with my skill rating.

They rushed to add the competitive stat tracking in so it still compares your numbers to quick play numbers even though comp matches can sometimes be 6x as long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom