• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

vypek

And now people learned how to crash servers with certain characters if they are losing... With invisible turrets on Dorado, glitched KotH and this I don't even know who tested this game in Blizzard. And nobody will talk about it on websites, maybe because this game is not made by Ubisoft lol.

More information please? Haven't heard of these

mbpm1

And now people learned how to crash servers with certain characters if they are losing... With invisible turrets on Dorado, glitched KotH and this I don't even know who tested this game in Blizzard. And nobody will talk about it on websites, maybe because this game is not made by Ubisoft lol.

We have been talking about it tho

matmanx1

anyone notice performance drops on pc? the in game fps counter and msi afterburner is showing a solid 60fps for me but something feels off...doesn't feel as smooth.

I had an irritating fps problem last night on Anubis. I had been playing off and on all afternoon at 60fps but then got invited to a group with 2 other people and one spectator. All of a sudden I am bouncing between 25 and 60 fps and the game became quite unplayable at that point because it was bouncing so quickly.

I didn't have any other programs active and that's the first and only time I have ever had Overwatch do that to me. I decided it was a sign that I was done for the night so hopefully things will be better tonight.

Anyone else had framerate issues since the patch?

benzopil

More information please? Haven't heard of these
Find videos on youtube like "genji glitch crash server". I won't post links, this is not allowed probably.

Same with turrets. You can teleport from spawn as Reaper to a little hole, change character to Bastion or Torb and shoot through wall all day.

vypek

Find videos on youtube like "genji glitch crash server". I won't post links, this is not allowed probably.

Same with turrets. You can teleport from spawn as Reaper to a little hole, change character to Bastion or Torb and shoot through wall all day.

Thanks, I'll look it up. I thought they fixed that Reaper thing as well but I guess not. Hope they patch these quick.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Welp, played with all randoms in ranked and I lost all but one, played with a group of 3 and won all.

I think I'll stick to groups in rank and if I can't get a group I'll just play around in quick match. Gotta have a place to practice widow.

Rank can be intense though, but it also takes forever in a match.

Defuser

I don't get the hate for Hanzo. So easy to just spam arrows and hit the target, and you don't need to play him as a sniper to be effective. His sonic arrow is a great ability to have on the team too.

You see thats the problem. Most all the hanzos that I got teamed up with always play snipers, never spammed sonic arrows, they never backed reinhardt, they don't cap/contest points and move payload. They playing terrible hanzos is good as playing a 5 vs 6 team, I have too many losses due to terrible hanzo teammates, because they don't provide enough offense and defense, and strangely enough I do win matches without a hanzo teammate or the enemy have a hanzo on their side. If they want to play snipers they should have picked widowmaker instead.

The only time I ever won a match with a Hanzo was in King's Row ranked, now that was good Hanzo player, he stayed behind reinhardt's shield, spamming sonic arrows, shooting scatter arrows at high priority targets, very upclose and aggressive.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Gotta love it when your teammate goes afk after the first round in competetive and there's no way of kicking him

eek5

Gotta love it when your teammate goes afk after the first round in competetive and there's no way of kicking him

Don't you get kicked within 30 seconds of not doing anything or something like that? That means he was actively griefing to avoid being booted. I'd just report him for griefing in that case

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Don't you get kicked within 30 seconds of not doing anything or something like that? That means he was actively griefing to avoid being booted. I'd just report him for griefing in that case

Yeah he must have done that. I suspected it when he was afk for 20 minutes but left as soon as we lost.
Took it to 8 rounds with 5 even

A kick system like CS would be great, where you need a certain amount of votes to kick someone

Heel

How do you report players on PS4? Symmetra was hiding turrets in the geometry on Dorado. Still won, but wow. Was this fixed in the upcoming patch?

Jokab

Starting to feel myself with Hanzo. When I tried him initially I was just awful, but I'm getting better. Need to get better at hitting Dragonstrike though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
A protoss skin for Symmetra might actually make me like a Symmetra skin
latest

Zemm

Christ, just had the absolute worst Mercy in the game I was just in, was way too busy trying to heal everyone (which sounds silly) but just kept getting killed over and over, if he would have stuck with 2-3 people he and the team would have been much better.

brian!

It's definitely not based on just kda. I went 7-3 in qualifying and played nothing but tank and Lucio/Mercy. So I definitely wasn't lighting up the kill scoreboard. I did have mostly gold and at worst silver in objective time in every game though.

Yeah im thinking there is some decent weight there though for kda. Medals make some sense to me too. In general tho it's hard for me to wrap my mind around an mmr system that is not revolving around w/l, but i play mobas so. The gap between rank 55 and 61 seems meaningful so im just trying to sus it out.

Yes the game immediately warns you if you stay stationary. Griefers move subtly to avoid that; we had a bitch that pulled that move before. A worse case was a Soldier-76 shooting walls and feeding the other team ult charges.

That aside, this is my latest competitive match with Lucio. We had a tough cookie in a Widow that was convinced to switch later on. We smashed the other team and they started rage quitting. I lost a silly sudden death match before that and lost 75% of a point, and now watch how much I gain in the second pic.

E6BA25AE0905619178777EF1C3A06FC00A604641

90EC8946753FCAF9701FC3BF3FF711EE1130E986

Yeah im thinking there is some decent weight there though for kda. Medals make some sense to me too. In general tho it's hard for me to wrap my mind around an mmr system that is not revolving around w/l, but i play mobas so. The gap between rank 55 and 61 seems meaningful so im just trying to sus it out.

It doesn't matter. I got gold medals and at least three medals in each of my proper competitive placement matches. I ended up with a really low rank because of three botched matches. I have a +55% winrate in quick play when I screw around, so I don't get how this translated into the lower 1% of ranked (I actually know). People at this level are so bad, it is not even funny.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also rein is so much more fun to play in ranked because most of the time you actually have a group that's willing to push with you!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I feel like Winston's M2 in ult should let him grab two enemies and phsyically move them. Like just grab Roadhog and Reinhardt from the point jump away and dump them off somewhere and jump back onto the point. Or just grab Mercy and jump off the ledge with her. Heroes never die my gorilla ass

brian!

It doesn't matter. I got gold medals and at least three medals in each of my proper competitive placement matches. I ended up with a really low rank because of three botched matches. I have a +55% winrate in quick play when I screw around, so I don't get how this translated into the lower 1% of ranked (I actually know). People at this level are so bad, it is not even funny.

Yeah im just trying to figure out reasons why 8-2 in placements can = 55 while 7-3 = 61, where most of the games here were duoed together, and where 61 is supposes to be top 3% while 55 is like top 15% (pretty big difference). I know the system isnt perfect and is kinda experimental tho

Fuck rage quitters, and fuck ranked. This is unfair and stupid. It doesn't make sense to have such a fucked ranking and leveling system. Why am I always getting the worst of it?

Also rein is so much more fun to play in ranked because most of the time you actually have a group that's willing to push with you!

Yep. Reinhardt can get really aggressive and doesn't have to babysit everyone. He is amazing at distracting people and letting flankers from the sides.

Solo que quick play doesn't give Reinhardt his justice; you will only see overly defensive ones and suicidal charge ones.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What if you just give zen 300 health? The whole "squishy pseudo dps/healer" thing isn't really working so why not turn him into a pseudo tank/dps/healer?

Heel

I feel like Winston's M2 in ult should let him grab two enemies and phsyically move them. Like just grab Roadhog and Reinhardt from the point jump away and dump them off somewhere and jump back onto the point. Or just grab Mercy and jump off the ledge with her. Heroes never die my gorilla ass

I feel like it should be tweaked somehow, but sadly it's hard to see him getting a buff due to him being so integral to esports teams as is.

Zemm

Yes the game immediately warns you if you stay stationary. Griefers move subtly to avoid that; we had a bitch that pulled that move before. A worse case was a Soldier-76 shooting walls and feeding the other team ult charges.

That aside, this is my latest competitive match with Lucio. We had a tough cookie in a Widow that was convinced to switch later on. We smashed the other team and they started rage quitting. I lost a silly sudden death match before that and lost 75% of a point, and now watch how much I gain in the second pic.

E6BA25AE0905619178777EF1C3A06FC00A604641

90EC8946753FCAF9701FC3BF3FF711EE1130E986

People quitting after the first objective has been taken is annoying because like you said, you get almost no rank points and you feel like you've wasted your time.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
number of games i've had d-va on my team that were losses in comp placements: 2
number of games i've not had d-va on my team that were wins in comp placements: 2

i'm sensing a pattern tbh

duckroll

What if you just give zen 300 health? The whole "squishy pseudo dps/healer" thing isn't really working so why not turn him into a pseudo tank/dps/healer?

Doesn't make sense with the character concept. He's a sniper/healer, so being squishy makes sense. If you give him 300 health, are you going to nerf the damage and discord debuff as well? If you do then he's even more useless. If you don't then he's too OP.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

300's too high. Just bump him up to 200 esp since he no self healing on his base HP like Mercy and Lucio do.

Heel

Doesn't make sense with the character concept. He's a sniper/healer, so being squishy makes sense. If you give him 300 health, are you going to nerf the damage and discord debuff as well? If you do then he's even more useless. If you don't then he's too OP.

I saw a Reddit post giving ideas on how to change Zenyatta, and someone suggested a "balanced state" mechanic in which he gets a health/resistance buff if he has both orbs out.

Quite liked that idea. It would motivate Zenyatta players to stay active in their role, and it's on theme with the character.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You can also completely scrap Zen's M2 because it's only useful in the most rare of occasions. Headshots will almost always do a better job and I'd rather have something else for his M2

In World of Warcraft, the monk class has an ability called Transcendence(ironically enough) where they place a ghost copy of themselves and whenever they activate the ability, it teleports them back to their ghost copy with a small cooldown.

That's what I would give Zenyatta

Christ, just had the absolute worst Mercy in the game I was just in, was way too busy trying to heal everyone (which sounds silly) but just kept getting killed over and over, if he would have stuck with 2-3 people he and the team would have been much better.

As a Mercy player what's annoying is when one person is far from the group spamming that they need heals. It happens all the time. Can't heal everyone all the time. More people should realize that.

Schlep

Really think I'm starting to fall out of love with this game. Not sure how it is on other platforms, but on PS4 as someone said last night, it's steamroll or be steamrolled 95% of the time. Just sucks all the fun out when you're on the wrong end of it.

Ramma2

Really think I'm starting to fall out of love with this game. Not sure how it is on other platforms, but on PS4 as someone said last night, it's steamroll or be steamrolled 95% of the time. Just sucks all the fun out when you're on the wrong end of it.

I've got the same feeling but for a different reason. Coming off of destiny when I could play for an hour or 2 and feel like I made some progress even playing multiplayer only, to this where I can sink time into game after game to get a level which takes a really long time, only to be rewarded with a couple of crappy sprays. Kills it for me.

Ramirez

So basically 99% of matches on any console MP? lol

abundant

Are you playing with groups? Most of my games in group play have been competitive back and forth matches.

duckroll

Not my experience on PC at all. We had a bunch of games today which were really close. We steamrolled some matches. Got steamrolled in some matches. But that stuff happens. The close games are the most fun, even if losing can feel REALLY bitter at that last moment when it could have gone either way.

Do you play with randoms exclusively or do you play with friends too?

I've got the same feeling but for a different reason. Coming off of destiny when I could play for an hour or 2 and feel like I made some progress even playing multiplayer only, to this where I can sink time into game after game to get a level which takes a really long time, only to be rewarded with a couple of crappy sprays. Kills it for me.

Comparing this to a loot grinder quasi-FPSRPG like Destiny is weird. This game has no character levels or equipment, it's all cosmetic. You shouldn't be playing this for the carrot of upgrades or anything. You should be playing it because it's really fun. Are you not having fun? Do you really need some sort of artificial progression dangling in front of you to feel a sense of achievement? Do you not feel that as you play the game and try different characters you learn and get better at the game?

Does anyone feel Zenyatta needs to be reworked? The more I play him the more Im wondering why I am not just playing with Mercy or Lucio. Seems to be that if you want to support, your better off with those 2 in pretty much every situation.

Drewfonse

Loving the competitive mode on the One, but unless they quickly come up with a solution to not handicapping remaining players when idiots leave after one round, I'll probably just stick with quick play. Out of my 5 losses today, I finished 3 of them with 3 or fewer players. I have never won a game because the other team was short handed. Not my cup of tea if this doesn't change.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm thinking Symmetra is not so great for competitive. I have a near 80 win rate with her in quick play because teams are just disorganized but when people are coordinating ults and flanking, Symmetra crumbles. Couldn't even keep up a teleporter in Numbani because this Tracer was running around unchallenged behind the first point.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Does anyone feel Zenyatta needs to be reworked? The more I play him the more Im wondering why I am not just playing with Mercy or Lucio. Seems to be that if you want to support, your better off with those 2 in pretty much every situation.

He's like a hanzo that can heal honestly, the only thing that needs to change is he needs some serious mobility buffs.

Either make his default runspeed faster or make his right click something else.

Schlep

Do you play with randoms exclusively or do you play with friends too?
Friends sometimes, but mostly randoms. It's just pure luck of the draw which side you're on, but it's very rarely balanced. Maybe once or twice a day over the course of several hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom