• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please help me here? I really need advice on how to do better with Rein/Winston in competitive.
Any time I'm trying to learn how to play a hero better, I start at the Furious Paul site.

So: http://www.furiouspaul.com/overwatch/reinhardt.html

And then I watch pros play the hero (if possible) on YouTube. Honestly, the main thing with Reinhardt is knowing when to go nuts with charges and swipes, and knowing when to keep your shield up or just duck away and wait for it recharge. More people err on the side of being aggressive, I think. That's how I see Reinhardts dying more often than not.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I had someone in a match ask me to pick Mercy instead of Zenyatta because no one else picked support and straight up told him, if I'm playing support, it's Lucio or Zenyatta. If someone else wants to switch to support, that's fine by me/

Mercy is the only character in the game I actively dislike playing.

I had someone in a match ask me to pick Mercy instead of Zenyatta because no one else picked support and straight up told him, if I'm playing support, it's Lucio or Zenyatta. If someone else wants to switch to support, that's fine by me/

Mercy is the only character in the game I actively dislike playing.

To be fair, zenyatta is not great solo support and Mercy is borderline OP.

aeolist

Banned
i play lucio if nobody else picks support because i am a bad support and will only feed if i play mercy

i actually tend to do ok but have something like a 30% winrate on him just because if i'm on a team where nobody else will play support we're in a bad situation to begin with

Blizzard

Banned
Blizzard did say that repeat offenders who keep ditching games over and over again would get banned from competitive play so we can but hope blizzard puts their money where their mouth is.
I just don't want to see this until they add a "Loss Forgiveness Enabled" thing like LoL when there are server issues. I've been repeatedly kicked from games due to server issues multiple times, and even given an XP penalty for it.

Wait wait wait. You can bind melee to M2 just for Winston? I need to get on that immediately.

The options menu defaults to ALL HEROES but has a dropdown that lets you change, with surprising detail, each character.

It's pretty incredible for PC but it's a straight up godsend for consoles, where this is so far from the norm.

Binding jump on Lucio to a shoulder button, for example, has taken my games with him up several notches.

Zeliard

The options menu defaults to ALL HEROES but has a dropdown that lets you change, with surprising detail, each character.

It's pretty incredible for PC but it's a straight up godsend for consoles, where this is so far from the norm.

Binding jump on Lucio to a shoulder button, for example, has taken my games with him up several notches.

Yeah, some people on PC, for example, bind Pharah's concussion grenade to M2 since she doesn't otherwise have a specific right-click (jetpack is also spacebar).

duckroll

Yeah I know about character specific settings, I had to change the settings for Mercy before she was usable. I just didn't know Winston had an option for binding melee to M2. That sounds fucking amazing!

aeolist

Banned
Yeah I know about character specific settings, I had to change the settings for Mercy before she was usable. I just didn't know Winston had an option for binding melee to M2. That sounds fucking amazing!

it's not just the character specific settings, what you change in the standard keybinds can be set up for any character

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
http://masteroverwatch.com/news/26-regarding-score-and-the-score-leaderboards
Score is no longer officially supported by Blizzard and will be removed from all profiles. This means no site will be able to track score, and thus ranks, and leaderboards that also include score as a stat. With that said, we are looking into other solutions to fill this void and display something similar to the "score" we had, so please check back soon for updates!
EZPx2qT.gif

Right. Which is why I said, 'if someone else wants to do it'

which, of course, no one else stepped up

I think my point is more or less that zenyatta is bad and they don't want to play alongside a weak hero.

edit:
Hell, I am not ashamed to admit I request people change from weak heroes too. It's also annoying when they come back with "why don't you change", when I am playing a hero perfectly suited for the map and composition. So I can understand where that guy was coming from.

X-Frame

Damn, just got POTG: Shutdown Edition as Zarya for melting a Pharah in the sky doing her Ult and then right after a McCree who was priming his Ult.

Felt awesome!

Zemm

Friends list has completely died on EU, so few playing this now. Can we get dedicated servers sometime this year?

Friends list has completely died on EU, so few playing this now. Can we get dedicated servers sometime this year?

Even have people in game saying that this game will be dead before the end of the year because of how bad matchmaking is. Not sure about that since it had such a big release but I can't disagree with the sentiment.

Zemm

Even have people in game saying that this game will be dead before the end of the year because of how bad matchmaking is. Not sure about that since it had such a big release but I can't disagree with the sentiment.

It won't have longevity if this is all there is. Games like TF2 and CS lasted as long as they did because they didn't have to rely on matchmaking.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
When you go into competitive and tank because no one else will and the enemy just runs right through your shield because no one is standing behind you shooting BEHIND THE SHIELD BECAUSE OF REASONS.

It's 1.3 gigs, so it has to be ranked. Finally!!!

thanks. let me get the ps4 version up to date too

When you go into competitive and tank because no one else will and the enemy just runs right through your shield because no one is standing behind you shooting BEHIND THE SHIELD BECAUSE OF REASONS.

maybe the other team just doing what your teammate wouldn't. stand behind and shoot
you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom